Phantasm and Nitro's flaming fight!

BOOM BOOM BLAM. The remaining two viruses was easily taken care of by the duo and left a few data for the two to take for them selves.

ENGBallA: LOGGED
ENGBallB: DELETED
ENGBallC: LOGGED
ENGBallD: LOGGED
ENGBallE: DELETED
ScarecrowA: DELETED
ScarecrowB: DELETED
PowieEXA: GHOSTED
PowieEXB: DELETED

Terrain: 99% Normal, 1% Cracked

Phantasm: 70 HP
Nitro.EXE: 30 HP

-BATTLE WON!-
Phantasm: 700z + [AmatsuHaretsu1] Battlechip + 2 FXP [+2 Bonus]
Nitro: 600z + [AmatsuHaretsu1] Battlechip + 2 FXP [+2 Bonus]

AmatsuHaretsu1 -
Damage: 4 x 10
Accuracy: Varies
Description: Hit up to 4 with energy balls
Duration: Once
Element: None
((So, wait, is the FXP reward 2 total, or 2+2?))
Nitro straightened up as the last two viruses disappeared. He was aching all over, but at least there wasn't anything to attack him anymore.
Nitro could hear the sound of pounding footsteps running up a flight of stairs, and seconds later, his operator's heavy breathing over the mic. "Are you *huff* alright?" Chris said, panting.
"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine." Nitro replied. "We've gotten rid of the viruses. Now, kindly give me a healing chip, I'm about to pass out."
"Oh! right!" Chris said suddenly. He fumbled around with the chips he'd just purchased, and slotted in one of the Subchips, healing Nitro by a respectable amount. Nitro walked over to the data remaining from the fight, and scooped up his share. He then turned to Phantasm, and said: " Well, I think I've got one more fight in me. What'dya say we go for five?"
[used MiniEnergyPack: Nitro +50hp]
[Ready for Battle 5]
"Ghaaaa....." Phantasm groaned as he bent down to collect his share of the left over data, he then stretched back up and stumbled over towards Nitro who, like himself, was looking a little battered, "is it me, or did that battle last forever?" speaking simultaneously to Lex and the other navi as he grimaced in pain.

"I'm gonna send a healing chip" Lex announced to Phantasm before going on the search for the chip, "by the looks o' things, you need this badly"

"Yeah, ye-arghk" the navi began to reply before the chip took effect, "Yeahhhhhh.... That feels good..." saying it as if a great weight had been lifted from his weary shoulders, then after a few seconds regaining his composure, he turned back to Nitro and said, "Lets find the big boss" he then walked a couple of paces before turning around with a quick, "that is, if you can keep up"

[Use MiniEnergyPack + 50hp]

Ready for battle 5
(M!)>
((Mods are here now. You may relax.))

Phantasm and Nitro spent a few minutes patching themselves up after their last battle. They were tired, but more than ready for a battle...And a battle they would get.

"Heh," a snide laughed reached the Navi's sensors, drawing their attention. "A busting duo, eh? How absurd."

A Navi stood just a few yards from the pair, chuckling softly to himself as though he found something funny. The Navi was tall and lanky, with a thin build. It was obvious that the Navi was built more for speed than strength. He wore a black bodysuit with a silver belt, gloves and boots. Over the bodysuit he had a long, black coat that hung down to the middle of his calves. The coat hung open in the front, revealing a sheathed sword at the Navi's side. The oddest thing about the Navi was his black helmet, the protective garment equipped with a silver mask that covered the top half of the Navi's face. Dark eyes peered out from eye holes cut into the mask and long black hair emerged from beneath the helmet.

"Don't you know that two Navi, two beings with distinct personalities and beliefs, can never truly be compatible? Your strength is wasted as you attempt to mesh your styles and combine your strengths while defending your weaknesses. Its pointless. The only true companions are those you program yourself, beings with no thoughts but your own, no feelings and beliefs to hamper their abilities."

The Navi drew his sword. The blade was long and slightly curved with a single edge. He pointed at the duo and his sneer grew wider.

"But I suppose the best way to explain it is to show you. It is time for you to meet my partner. Come forth, my NaviDoll."

A shadow rose up next to the masked swordsman and took shape to form a large mechanical being equipped with a large shield. The robot stood half again as tall as the swordsman and twice as wide. The shield it held was as large as it was, a veritable tower of shield. The creature said nothing, its humanoid face devoid of emotion.

"This is my masterpiece, my NaviDoll. It has all the strength and skill of a Navi, but without the weakness of independent thought. We make the perfect pair in battle. So, shall we test your teamwork versus my own?"

The Navi had not meant that as a question. It seems like Phantasm and Nitro would have to fight.

Masked Swordsman: 150hp
NaviDoll: 200hp

Phantasm: 120 HP
Nitro.EXE: 80 HP

Terrain: 100% Normal

Battle 5...Let's Get It On!
Nitro looked up as soon as he heard the mysterious Navi's laughter. He immediately guessed that this guy wanted trouble, so as he talked, Nitro's head started buzzing with strategies and guess work. The main thing that popped into his head was keep your distance, after eyeing the sword. While he was forming a plan around this, he saw the soulless Navidoll rise up from the pool. While this was slightly disconsorting in itself, he couldn't help but be reminded of a duo of no-goodniks from one of Chris' video games, but he quickly shook this thought from his mind. "Working with a partner isn't just about being strong," he said back to the Navi. "It's about collaboration, and learning from each other! If you just fight with a soulless puppet-" he nodded to the Navidoll. "You're not learning anything from it, you're just using them as a tool. But if you're fighting with an actual Navi-" he looked to Phantasm, and as discreetly as possible, whispered "Go, attack while he's focused on me!" through his teeth. He turned back to the Navi and continued: "You're able to share ideas, and use each other's strengths to your advantage! How about we demonstrate, and we'll see what makes a great team!" Nitro crouched down, into a battle ready position, and requested his first chips from Chris. "Send me a the Magbomb and the Cactball, I've got an idea."
"As usual," Chris said back, sending him the chips. After he slotted them in, he added: "Don't those guys remind you of-"
"Yeah, they do," Nitro cut across. "Let's stay focused here." Nitro tossed the Magbomb at the enemies, shouting "That puppet looks pretty weak, I bet you programmed it in Basic!" He then bowled the Cactball at the shielded Navidoll giving it a little explosive "kick". He planned to pepper the shield with quick, short blasts, hoping to shatter it and render it useless. With that gone, he could focus on the swordsman. For now, he jumped backward, keeping the distance between him and the sword-wielding Navi.

Summary:
1: Magbomb1 (30Elec dmg + Stun + Blast3) at Navidoll (Mass Destruction activated)
2: Cactball1 (20Wood dmg x 2-4 hits + Ground Attack + Break) at Navidoll (Smash activated)
3: Dodge Backward
There are not many things in this world that make Phantasm angry... Well at the very least he doesn't instantly dislike new things... Ok well he usualy finds new foes and people entertaining, but this one was different, the way he spoke of teamwork and partners... It just wasn't right! Phantasm felt a strange emotion, one he had not felt for a long while, it was one of a deep hatred for the swordsman, like the water to his flame, the enemy navi threatened everything Phantasm stood for.

The flaming navi walked forwards slightly, fists clenched in anger and body shaking with rage, he looked straight at the sword wielding foe with an ice cold gaze, "What did you say!?" he said, voice filled with a subtle rage, "How can you speak about a navi like that!" Phantasm held his hand up to point towards Nitro, "You see, Nitro may not be the best attacker, the best strategist... Heck he wouldn't even make a good meat shield! None of that matter, all that counts is the fact that he would risk his neck for a guy who he just met!!!" The navi stopped abruptly, his head turned downwards for a few seconds, he then let out a furious roar, "I WAN'T STAND BY WHILE YOU SPEAK ABOUT MY FREINDS LIKE THAT!"

Lex watched the navi's cringe worthy rant with a wince, he listened intently and realised that, although it was miss-worded and insensitive, the navi 's heart was in the right place. Just as he was about to congratulate Phantasm on his new found motional side, he noticed the signal from Nitro, which Phantasm completely missed. Searching for the best sneaky combo, the first chip that was pulled from the pile was invis, Lex immediately slotted it in and watched to see how the ghostly being would react.

A weird sensation filled Phantasm, he instantly knew what had happened although he wasn't quite sure why. The navi slowly disappeared from sight, he imagined that it was some kind of ploy thought up by the others and as usual, he was left out of the loop. A frown filled his face. The navi was just about to shout out to his Netop, when a sudden faint communication came through his head, it was as if it was speaking into his very mind, "Don't say anything" the voice whispered, "I've remotely activated Invis and I have sent you Arrow, you do the rest". Phantasm was angered by Lex's sudden interruption but accepted it with discontent, he began to charge at the pair of enemies, making sure to be as light footed as possible, upon reaching a certain point, Phantasm made a large leap into the air above, landing a few seconds later just out of melee range of the swordsman. Lifting his hand into the air, the navi formed the arrow launcher and proceeded to fire it, the action of such was filled with such intense ferocity, a part of his own innate power was imparted onto the attack.

Actions
*Passive: Stealth Encoding. You are a lower priority target than other allies, and are more capable of successfully hiding with a non-standard action.

1. Invis1 used when Nitro has the attention (Grants Invisibility status, 1 turn duration)
2. Jump above and land behind out of melee range of the pair of enemy

*Ability: Ambush. Add Phasing to the next action as a free action
3. Arrow1 use against Masked Swordsman (100 DMG + homing, accuracy B )
"Goad me, will you?" The swordsman snarled. "I'll show you the folly of your ways."

The blade of the Navi's sword shrunk to a foot long length of steel that darkened to a cherry red before bursting into flames. The Navi sneered at Nitro, slicing his dagger through the air before preparing to charge. The swordsman barely had time to register the bomb leaving Nitro's hand before the massive bulk of the NaviDoll obstructed his view. The bomb struck the shield and disintegrated into a surge of electricity.

Nitro's rolling cactus struck next, shredding the shield and peppering the doll with needles. The swordsman appeared above the NaviDoll. The shield had protected him from the electricity and he used the doll's bulk as a ramp to leap through the air toward Nitro. The flaming dagger cut a searing line across Nitro's chest. The swordsman tried for a second strike, but Nitro dodged backward.

"Ha," the swordsman laughed. "And where is your partner? Has the fool abandoned you? And after all that...Pseudo-inspirational garbage he had spouted."

The masked Navi caught a twinkle in the corner of his eye and turned aside just as an Elebee flashed past him. It had missed him by less than a centimeter. The swordsman scanned the area from where the virus had originated, but he saw nothing.

"So, you hide like a coward. How fitting..."

The swordsman snapped his fingers and the NaviDoll unleashed a barrage of gunfire in the general direction that the Elebee had come from. The bullets flew through the air, not striking anything.

"Oh well," the Navi called out. "You can't hide forever and your friend," he made the word sound like an insult, "is far less skilled."

In the distance, unseen by the swordsman or his doll, the beelike virus was swerving about to make a second pass.

Masked Swordsman: 150hp [Fireknife]
NaviDoll: 160hp

Phantasm: 120 HP
Nitro.EXE: 20 HP

"Oh, and you, who needs a giant puppet to hide behind, are bloody Richard the Lionheart. You're not even brave enough to show you're face!" Nitro spat, clutching his chest where the blade had seared it's mark across his torso. "And I may not be the greatest, but it'll take more than that butter knife to take me down." As he said this, he glowed a shade of bright green, as Chris slotted in one of the Recover chips. Chris also slid in the Shotgun chip, and Nitro swung it up towards the swordsman. Nitro fired, the shot roaring towards the enemy. If that brute got in the way again, Nitro was confident that it'd still make it's mark. Nitro jumped to the right this time, determined not to let the Swordsman land another hit.

Summary:
1: Recover10 on Nitro (+10hp)
2: Shotgun at Masked Swordsman (50dmg + Spread2) (Mass Destruction Activated)
3: Dodge Right
Phantasm watched on in dismay as he saw Nitro getting brutally sliced up by the swordsnavi, feeling bad about letting him take the beating, Phantasm decided that the best thin he could do would be to distract the duo, at least until Nitro was in a better position. "Hey Lex" the navi whispered, directing the sound away from the enemy with his hand, "send me shotgun and guard"

"Why do you want those?" Lex whispered accidentally, only realising he could not be heard by the foe by the end of the sentence, bringing his voice back to normal levels, the Netop continued, "You could take him down so quickly with a Minibomb or Ringlog!"

"Silly boy..." the navi whispered, a small chuckle leaving his lips, "someone of your age and intellect could not possibly hope to understand my complex and ingenious plan!"

"Your gonna distract him aren't ya?"

"Pretty much, yeah"

"Ok, they're coming right now" Lex replied before sending the desired chip data to its recipient.

A few moments passed as the invisibility that had previously cloaked the navi from the world began to dissipate, anybody that would have been watching would have witnessed a fully battle ready, shotgun wielding navi appear as if from nowhere; a solitary angel of death, ready to pounce on its unsuspecting victim. Phantasm held his gun high, poised to attack and with an exaggerated firing motion, he launched the shell at the master of the pair, following this he began to jump about a bit, as if to tempt the pair into retaliation, "Bring it on beeyatch! he shouted to add effect, he then materialised the yellow shield in preparation for the attacks he expected to come his way.

Actions
1. Shotgun at Masked Swordsman (50 DMG, spread to NaviDoll, null damage)
2. Jump about to draw attention from Nitro
3. Guard 1 (Reflects one attack, bouncing back a maximum of 60 damage)
Nitro healed himself by a small amount, hoping to stave off deletion by any means necessary. The Navi punctuated his words by pulling out a shotgun and unloading it at close range. The hailstorm of bullets ripped into the swordsman, but the NaviDoll managed to raise his shield in time to defend against the deadly spread. The Masked Navi attempted to retaliate with a swipe of his flaming sword, but Nitro managed to leap out of range of the blade.

Phantasm materialized from behind his cloaking shell, shotgun in hand. He squeezed the trigger, a second blast of iron shot ripping through the air. The swordsman sneered and vanished as the metal pellets passed through the spot he had been occupying. He appeared behind Phantasm, sword slashing down and trailing a jet black shadow. As the shadow passed through Phantasm, his strength seemed to ebb, as though it were being drained from him. The swordsman tried for a second slash, but Phantasm leaped away.

A compartment in the NaviDoll's chest opened, revealing a glass lens. The doll began to hum softly as the lens turned a cherry red. A beam of energy shot out of the lens toward Nitro, cutting into the Navi's left leg and leaving him in critical condition. The doll's torso began to turn, its legs acting as a stand, and the cutting laser flashed across the battlefield toward Phantasm. However, the shadowy Navi managed to raise his shield in time, the beam reflecting off of the yellow shell and burning its way through the doll's shoulder.

The forgotten Elebee zoomed back over the battlefield, piercing the masked Navi's thigh before being swatted away.

"Damn," the Navi muttered. "A clever ploy. Perhaps I have underestimated...One of you, at least. Shall we finish this then?"

The NaviDoll unleashed a beam of green light that fell on the swordsman, restoring some of his lost vitality. The swordsman sneered and raised his blade, the flames fading to be replaced by a foot long blade of translucent blue crystal. The air around the knife seemed to chill, as though the blade were crafted from glacier ice.

Masked Swordsman: 80hp [Aquaknife]
NaviDoll: 130hp

Phantasm: 70 HP
Nitro.EXE: 1 [Critical Condition!]

"Gaaaaah!" Nitro's scream pierced the air around him, Nitro's now-useless leg giving out underneath him. Nitro shook, and Chris started fumbling with his chips, rushing to get the remaining Recover into his suffering Navi, his partner, his friend. The chip was an inch away from the slot-in port before he heard Nitro utter a single word.
"Don't."
Chris froze, unsure of what to do. "But, Nitro," Chris stammered. "He-"
"Don't argue," Nitro said. "What's a measly 10 hp gonna do for me at this rate. Nothing, that's what. If I'm going down, I'm doing it on my terms, not his. Send me a couple chips with a little punch. I'm gonna try to even the playing field for Phantasm." Chris stammered for a minute, but caved and slotted in two of the remaining chips. The Thunder chip was loaded into his buster, green bolts mixing with the yellow. He then stood up, his injured leg shaking underneath him. He raised his arm up at the Navidoll and fired, sending the explosively charged bolt of lighting at the puppet that had caused him so much pain. Without putting his arm down, he then fired a Cannon, the shot roaring through the air at the soulless program. He then turned to the masked swordsman. "You," Nitro said. "You are the biggest coward I've ever seen. You walk around, preying on innocent Navis, because you're too scared to get to know them. Too scared they won't think you're strong. Too scared to make any real connection with others." Nitro coughed up some blood-like data. "You have to build your own, and to make sure they don't criticise you, you don't give them any thoughts or free will. You make me sick." He then spat on the ground, insulting the masked Navi in a fashion equivalent to slapping him in the face. "I hope Phantasm utterly destroys you. But first, I want a chance to." Nitro whipped up his buster, the device shaking with stored energy. He aimed directly for the Navi's covered face.

"Smile, you son of a bitch."

Nitro let loose a stream of bombs, a physical representation of Nitro's utter contempt towards the masked coward. Nitro then fell forward, collapsing before he could find out whether his bombs made their mark, or if his self-sacrificial assault had been for nothing.

Summary:
1: Thunder at Navidoll (40Elec+Stun1+Homing+Break) (Smash activated)
2: Cannon at Navidoll (40dmg+Knockback)
3: Signature Attack: Overheat at Masked Swordsman (80dmg+15dmg to Nitro)
Things had taken a turn for the worst, not only had Phantasm's attempts to take the heat of of Nitro failed, Nitro was in critical condition! Phantasm recoiled from the swordsman's hidden blow, with only enough time to raise his shield in defence towards the soulless navi doll's beam attack which he luckily managed to deflect. The navi stood there, motionless, surrounded front and back by enemies who could quickly tear him asunder, he kept a close eye on the swordsman, This ones a tricky bugger he thought to himself, How can I get a message through to Lex...

With a look of fear on his face, Lex could not even begin to imagine how he would get Phantasm out of this predicament, his hands were cold, brow dripping with threat; the tension of it all was killing him! With shaky hands, the Netop tumbled through his remaining chips, "no, no, NO!" he shouted into the air, chips flying to the ground, griping his hair in the process, "It's hopeless..." watching the situation from afar, he cursed his own uselessness, when all belief had left his mind, a voice suddenly appeared...

"So, mister swordsman" the ghostly navi mockingly said, "What's with all the pent up rage ?" a small light began to flicker from within Lex's mass of hair, "You run up to two people you don't even know" the navi continued, a wry smile stretching across his face, "Acting all high and mighty, then boom, you start to act all sneaky" he daren't move suddenly, fearing a quick slash from the close enemy, "Well things are about to change matey" using the sudden commotion from behind as a cue to initiate his plan, he shouted, "Lex now!" and with that, the navi disappeared into complete nothingness, letting only a few moments to pass before reappearing behind the sword-wielding navi, he let rip a terrible downwards slash, the Rageclaw appearing just before it was supposed to hit and then with a fluid motion, he lifted his hand, firing the primarily untested weapon at what would be the gut of the foe.

While all of this happened, the navi had barely any time to realise the sacrifices Nitro had made, although through the glimpses of sound and sight he had gained, he knew that this might just be the untimely end of their partnership, a single thought not relating to battle entered his focused mind, He was a good guy...

Actions

1. Fire Morph to get behind the Masked Swordsman, using Nitro's attack as a distraction (Teleport)
2. Rageclaw at the Masked Swordsman (40, null damage)
3. Boomerang 1 at the Masked Swordsman (60, thrown attribute, wood element)
The NaviDoll's attention was still turned toward its master when Nitro unleashed his attacks. The orb of electricity and the cannon shot both smashed against the doll's back, the force enough to puncture a fist sized hole into the doll's mechanical frame and reveal its circuitry. The NaviDoll groaned as its systems short-circuited. Its body began to twitch wildly as jumbled commands ran throughout its servos.

"Damn," the swordsman spun around to glance at his servant. "Its armor still isn't-"

He was cut off by a wave of miniature explosives tumbling toward him. The bombs went off, all sound dwarfed by the din of the bombs as pain erupted all around the swordsman. Nitro was too close to the explosion, caught up by the spreading shockwave. The Navi was thrown down by his own weapon, his body vanishing in a flash of light.

"The hell?" the swordsman grunted in pain. "A suicide attack? What kind of fool..."

He spun around, suddenly releasing that Phantasm was nowhere to be seen. A blur at the edge of his vision had him spinning around to catch Phantasm's claws on his sword just in time to reverse the flow of the weapon and send its impact back at the attacking Navi. He grunted with the effort, drained of strength. He wasn't able to stop the wooden projectile that took him full in the chest.

The swordsman landed on his back, sword scattering to lie just outside of his grasp. He wheezed, breath coming in ragged gasps that tore at him. He was defeated.

"Heh," the Navi laughed. "Looks like I still have a few things to work on. Until next we meet..." The Navi laughed as he faded into the shadows.

Seconds later, the chest of the NaviDoll blew open and a large black sphere fell to the ground. Strange markings ran across the surface of the sphere, each shining with a crimson light. The sphere vanished as well soon after, leaving the lifeless shell of the NaviDoll behind.

Masked Swordsman: DEFEATED!
NaviDoll: 50hp [Core Ejected, Disabled]

Phantasm: 30 HP
Nitro.EXE: EJO!

REWARDS:
Phantasm - 300z, Aquaknife
Nitro - 300z [Consolation Prize]

FXP: 5 for ultimate sacrifice
Phantasm climbed to his feet, he had an empty, sick feeling deep within his stomach, whether it was the swordsman's final attack that had caused it, or his friend's ultimate sacrifice, he could not tell, the only thing he could be sure of was that the reward was defiantly not worth his friend. The navi lurched over towards the discarded weapon of his foe, he lifted it with his right, uninjured arm, staring at it intently, he welled up with sudden rage and anger and threw it with incredible might at the floor in front of the navi doll, it landed with a sickening thud, leaving a crack in the floor where it hit.

The Netop watched his navi with a strange expression, Lex understood the navi's actions, anybody would be angry after losing a friend like that, he knew that their wasn't anything he could say to the navi at that moment, instead he merely collected the left over data from the battle, trying not to disturb Phantasm in the process.

Minutes went by, Phantasm didn't say a word, instead he slowly made his way over towards the NaviDoll's empty husk, his data seeping from his many wounds, he began to eye up the shell, attempting to find any useful items or data that may lead him to the true mastermind behind it all, unable to accept that this is as far as the trail leads.

(Search the NaviDoll for clues or useful items)
The interior of the NaviDoll was little more than a hollow shell. Wires ran from the empty space where the orb had been, running throughout the frame of the doll to the various appendages and built in weaponry. Without the orb to power it, the doll's systems were all disabled. The only markings within the doll was a line of what looked to be letter or words in an unknown language. Below the markings was a picture of a black swirl with a blood red circle in its center.
"Black swirl... Red circle...." Phantasm mumbled as he examined the husk of the NaviDoll, he then abruptly stood up, turned around and shouted clearly into the air, "BLACK SWIRL, RED CIRCLE LEX, REMEMBER THAT!!!!" and with no further words, the navi retracted back into the PET to begin the long healing process.

Lex watched on quietly, he made no attempts to communicate with the navi, only following the order given to him, the image Phantasm described was burned into his memory, ready to be called upon when the time came.

(Jack out)