Electown Research (EVENT!)

"Agreed," said Titania as her bow congealed from a collection of wisps in the air in front of her, a pale white crescent that fell into her waiting hands, almost seeming to merge with them, as both were the same color.

"MeleeMan, RainbowKid, and..." she paused for a bit as her scanners examined the others.

"...Rass and Red Riding Hood. Shall we?"
"Yaiy!" Yelled R-kid, jumping in the air.

"Clam down." Said Cindy.

"Ohcay!" Said R-kid
Rass said nothing at first, staring intently at the globule of spit that MeleeMan had launched onto the ground. Electrical pulses coursed through the vile liquid, sending bursts of sparks across the network. A quick glance around revealed that the rest of the network was suffering from similar problems - random electrical discharges, flickering lights, a general state of disrep-

"Rass and Red Riding Hood, shall we?"

Rass' head bolted upward, facing the source of the voice. Evidently, the rest of the group had decided to start wandering around the network, searching for... wait a minute...

Rass halted, "H-Hold on guys," he said, clearing his throat, "D-Do we even kn-know what it is w-we're looking for? Are w-we just going to w-wander around until w-we find something abnormal? Because th-this l-looks pretty abnormal to m-me."
"That was the plan," said Titania, "And since the NetPolice failed to furnish us with instructions, my guess is that we're to tell them of any clues we might find."
"Whoo! Serkh an hiind!" Said R-kid, Jumping up and down.

"Now come one and clam down R-kid, you want to show Mom an Dad how much you have grown on video right?" Said Cindy.

"Srrey Cindy." Replied R-kid as he looked at the video camera and waved.
"Objective confirmed, move together in a group and investigate source of network disruption." Red said monotonously. The navi proceeded to move with the group into the net.

((If there are no objections, let's get this thing started whoever is modding this.))
A deafening rustle meets the Navis' ears, as coils of lightning dance around the floor, coming from a point far in the distance--

The lightning leaps up as if alive, striking at viruses and Navis alike. Luckily, the five manage to avoid any jolts.

A closer look, however, and the stricken viruses seem changed--mutated, if you will.

They're certainly a lot stronger.

And they've got an appetite.

A trio of insects, quivering in the light--they are literally bouncing around at high enough speeds to leave behind illusions.

And what used to be Metools now hold elongated plasma scythes instead of their usual pickaxes.

This is only the beginning of the horde...

TeslaMagneakerA: 105
TeslaMagneakerB: 105
TeslaMagneakerC: 105
VoltoolEXA: 105
VoltoolEXB: 105

R-kid: 140
Titania: 190
Rass: 100
Meleeman: 180
Red: 140
"Gaih!" Yelled R-kid, seeing the much stranger virris. A Metool was seemingly the most weird, so R-kid got ready to attack them first.

"Oh no, begin the operation!" Said Cindy, as R-kid got ready. R-kid's Rainbow Gems were glowing at this time, ready to launch his first attack

"Battlechip, Rageclaw, Heatshot, Rainbow fuse, Red part of the rainbow, Heatclaw!" Said Cindy, sloting in two battlchips, when they got to R-kid, they fused into a flaming claw of rage. A claw that loses it's flame in one attack, but splashes it to another enemy to be make it worth it.

"Gio! Healaw!" Yelled R-kid, aiming the claw for thr first attack at the strange Metool group. The claw ready to lose it's power in a flaming splash.

=================================
1.2. Heatclaw, 40dmg+40dmg+20-40dmgSplash, VoltoolEXA Splash aim for VoltoolEXB.
TOTAL: 80dmg at VoltoolEXA & 20-40dmgSplash aim for VoltoolEXB.

3. Dodge
=================================
Uncrossing his arms, MeleeMan knealt down to speak to his two younger aquaintances, as well as Rass, face-to-face. Placing a hand on the left shoulder of R-Kid and another on Red's right, he adopted a stern expression. "Alright kids, it's time for virus busting 101. This is where you all learn what it means to be like me!" he told them egotistically, trying to utilize a serious tone but failing miserably due to the arrogance of the statement.

"MeleeMan, they've probably been fighting just as long as you have!" Rania exclaimed, utterly embarassed.

"Yes, but I doubt they've obtained 'it' yet," MeleeMan scoffed, rising back to his feet and facing the opposing viruses with his fists ready, billowing smoke behind him in blatent disregard of his partners. "They don't have the hardened spirit of a warrior! The chiseled monument of self-worth that is the fighter's body and soul! So young... there's no way they could have obtained it yet. I'm speaking logically," he rumbled, making a few practice jabs into the air. "You like logic, right?"

Rania felt extremely offended that he was trying to win her over with logic (false logic, at that) as though it were some mere bribe, like candy or a shiny object. "Yes, I do, and sadly, you don't have much of it to give," she sighed, resting her head on her fist. "Now, you may have noticed that these are some extremely unique viruses. I've never heard of any enemy carrying a scythe like that, and the look of those Magneakers is just bizzare. It's probably caused by the strange taint that seems to be over this area..."

"Yeah, and?" MeleeMan asked sarcastically. "They're still just hardhats and clackers. They'll go down in one, two punches!" he smirked, punctuating each "punch" with a visible demonstration at an imaginary opponent.

"Well then, quit sitting around. As you know, the boomerang is currently our best offensive weaponry versus electric virii. I'm slotting one in; aim for the Magneakers first. I think we can afford to focus on them, so try to save some for the others," Rania instructed him as she slotted in chips.

"Sure, sure. Hey, like you said, they can handle themselves, right? They're going to have to out-muscle me if they want the meat!" he laughed, readying a launcher. Pointing it forward, he released the clip, sending an arcing blade towards his opponents in rapid motion. "Hah. That should take care of them, right?"

"Right. On that note, I want you to stay put now," she nodded, still resting her head on her fist.

"What the hell!? Why?" he shouted. MeleeMan was obviously enraged at the concept of wasting the oppurtunity to sock his opponents.

"Because I don't want you to go in and launch so many attacks that our allies have a hard time managing their own attacks. Maybe try to focus on defense for the rest of the time, okay?" she asked him.

"Fine, fine. I sure hope we see more opponents though; I'll be raging mad if you've wasted my one good oppurtunity for a fight," he grumbled, getting into a ready stance to prepare to roll out of the way of the enemy's attacks. He turned briefly to see R-Kid's attack, scratching his chin with one of his gloved hands. "A flaming claw... Heh. I guess I approve of a weapon like that."

1) Boomerang to TeslaMagneaker A, B, and C [120 elemental bonus]
2) Dodge
3) Dodge
4) Dodge
((That would take 2 actions, you have a third))

"This looks like a tough one. Red! Full battle mode!" Shin yelled, taking some chips out.
"Confirmed, personality gauge lowered, scanning and fighting programs prioritized." Red spoke in a cold robotic monotonous voice, unlike her cheerful usual self.
"We'd probably be able to knock down all those Magneakers in one shot, but they're moving too fast." Shin commented. "So, I'll take the Metools down first! Boomerang! slot-in!" Red quickly snatched out a Boomerang from her picnic basket, pulled her arm back as she glared at her opponents, then unleashed the wooden projectile, sending it soaring towards the amplified Metools, threatening to cut them in half.
"Also," Shin continued as he pulled out another battlechip, "If I can't get all of them at once, I'll just have to aim for one of them! Ringlog! Slot-in!" Shin yelled as he sent the program to his navi.
The wind navi pulled out a long wooden log out of her picninc basket and rolled it across the field towards the Magneakers. She then took matters into her own hands and tried to use a heavy gust to pin one of the enemies down in place so her allies would have a better target.
"You're kind of exposed Red, Guard! Slot-in!" Shin commented as he sent his navi the program. A large Met-Hat shaped sheild materialized in front of the Red-hooded navi, protecting her from oncoming attacks.

Turn Summary
1. Boomerang1 at VoltoolEX group [60 DMG Wood, 120 DMG if hits]
2. Ringlog1 at TeslaMagneaker Group [50 DMG Wood, 100 DMG if it hits]
*Gust: Try to pin TeslaMagneakerB down
3. Guard
(are you talking to me?)
((Yes, <is OOCHammered>))
(I added a dodge 2 minutes before you posted your... um.. post.)
Rass edged away from the abnormally small, but horrifyingly mutated patrol of viruses that edged toward him. The screeching of the supercharged buglike viruses assailed his ears, causing the pink-and-black navi to cover the sides of his helmet, wincing in pain. Rass stumbled backward a moment, awkwardly maneuvering to the side to avoid bumping into Titania. The screech ended as suddenly as it had come, and Rass glanced upward at the viruses with a look of disbelief. As his fearful eyes met their beady red ones, he felt himself bristle... he was no expert on viruses, but these didn't seem like any of the garden-variety ElecTown fare. Gulping, he fumbled with his helmet and generated a small viewscreen for his NetOp to see through. "S-S-Suien?" he asked nervously, still backing away slowly even as his partners had begun their attack, "S-Something's wrong. I... I don't l-like the looks of this."

Suien leaned in toward the PET screen and bit his lower lip. "I don't know what to tell you, Rass," he said finally, "I've studied a bit of viral biology in college, but I don't recall anything even remotely resembling this level of mutation. Judging by the look of those Metools, I'd say we're dealing with a pretty unusual strain of virus..."

"Th-Those are Metools?!" gasped Rass, staring dumbfoundedly at the pair of helmetted, plasma scythe-wielding terrors, "S-Suien, what's going on? Wh-Why are we even here in the f-first place?" As Rass continued to whine, Ishamel, Argo and Tem had taken the liberty to collect on his torso in a swirl of red, green, and blue, their eyes widening as they took in the landscape.

Hah, looks like Suien went and sent us into a bad portion of the network, eh Tem? Yeow! Wouldn't want to get zapped by those currents... looks like it'd hurt something nasty! Ha Ha Ha... said Argo, half to terrify Rass and half to disguise his own misgivings about the situation, So uh... let's just blast the hell out of everything and get out of here... because um... I don't want Rasshole screwing things up for us!

AFFIRMATIVE SUIEN. QUICK AND COMPLETE DESTRUCTION REPRESENTS OUR BEST CHANCE AT SURVIVAL! agreed Ishamel, his single yellow eye shining in the darkness.

Outside, Suien nodded, casting a concerned glance toward Rania before picking up his most powerful chips. I wonder if she's going to be okay he thought, realizing that whatever they were dealing with was substantially different than anything they had previously faced, But then... she DOES operate MeleeMan. I can't imagine that she'd be freaking out about something like this. Biting his lower lip, he turned back to his PET and typed in a few deft commands. "You got it Rass. No point in dragging this out longer than we need to," he said, fiddling nervously with his glasses, "I'm sending you the bamboolance, the rockcube, the..."

I disagree.

Argo whirled toward Tem in disbelief. You WHAT?!

Are you deaf, Argo? There was a rustle in the distance before these guys showed up. despite her condescending tone, Tem seemed to be completely serious as she spoke, These guys are the symptoms... we're going to need everything we have when we find the cause...

Suien frowned, but replaced the chips back in his folder. "I suppose you've got a point there..." he said doubtfully, sliding in a pair of battlechips as he shook his head and started dictating orders, "All right guys, I'm giving you the shotguns and I'm activating the 3L3M protocol under Argo's control. That should give the entire group a slight field advantage. Remember, you're the team's support navi, which means you're responsible for making sure that all of them get out of this alive. Tem, occupy the central perception core and try to gather as much data from the initial observations. Relay your findings to me as soon as you get them. Ishamel, fire up your targeting computer and pick off whatever you can with the shotguns. Argo, initialize the 3L3M 'Terraformer' function. I leave it to your discretion as to how to best utilize it. Rass... just keep your cool and stay alive." Rass nodded in response and crouched down, "Everyone ready? Battle Routine Set..."

All four responded in unison. "Execute!"

Rass' body surged to life as all three subsystems assumed their own designated task. Rass shoulder spasmed as Tem's eyes snaked up his right side shouting as she went. I'm going to need some time to process the data! she said, diving back into her gemstone in a streak of blue, Argo, Ishamel, Rass, you know what to do!

Way ahead of ya! announced a boisterous Argo as he hefted Rass' left arm high into the air and began overcharging the 3L3M system as per Suien's instructions. The arm glimmered with coils of emerald electricity, shining brightly in the corrupted, dank, atmosphere of the damaged network. The fusion navi felt his entire body buckle as Argo brought the arm down into the nearest panel, fusing temporarily with the network and pumping pure elemental energy into the ground. It was only a few isolated blades of grass at first, but little by little, the ground erupted in a verdant explosion. Roots coiled and snaked across the network, flowers bloomed, and grass flowed like water across the surrounding panels. A very surprised Rass soon found himself sitting atop a reasonably large tree rougly twice his own height, and staring at a large, crimson strawberry that hung from a nearby branch. H-Ha! laughed an exhausted-sounding Argo as a patch of green weakly made its way back to his gemstone, Howd'ya like... them... apples...

Rass blinked twice in confusion, but thought nothing of it as Ishamel began drawing a bead on the darting Magneaker mutants. The electrified bugs darted from side to side, leaving behind luminescent afterimages as the targeting subsystem struggled to keep up. The fusion navi felt his arms being jerked around roughly as the tree rustled around them, threatening to collapse under his weight. "Umm... Ishamel?' whispered Rass, "D-Do you think you can... maybe..."

CEASE TALKING, CORE SYSTEM! I AM TRYING MY BEST! shouted Ishamel. The crimson subsystem rarely betrayed his current feelings, but anyone could detect the frustration in his voice. Rass promptly quieted down and braced himself amongst the branches of the tree. Digging his feet into a sturdy niche, he waited for his subsystem to lock on, giving him a chance to...FIRE!

Two streaks of energy launched from the treetop, aimed to pepper the bugs with deadly lances of pure, destructive energy. The massive recoil of the dual shotgun blast knocked the pink-and-black navi out of the tree, scattering fragments of wood and leaves everywhere as he fell to the ground with a thump that took his breath away. Heaving himself up, with great effort, Rass wasted no time dashing away, being particularly wary of the quick movements of his opponents and the dazzling attacks of his fellow allies.

As he watched the battle unfold from the dual screens on his PET, however, Suien couldn't help but let something bother him in the corner of his mind. It wasn't that the viruses were corrupted and weird, and it wasn't the strange sound that had announced their presence...

A strawberry? he thought, scratching his head as a perplexed look crossed his face, Strawberries don't grow on trees...

1: Wood Terraformer: (Creates a 60HP tree surrounded by grass panels. Every other turn, gains a fruit that can recover 40 HP. Melee and Wood chips unusable this turn)
2: Shotgun (50+splash) TeslaMagneaker group
3: Shotgun (50+splash) TeslaMagneaker group
4: Autododge
(this post was never here... ever.)
Titania whirled to face the enemies, then, true to her role as the archer, paused for a moment to analyze the situation. Her comrades were quick to leap into the fray, and suddenly, despite her unchanging demeanor, she felt a swell of confidence inside her, a roaring animal strugging to be set free.

Her bow left a light trail of white in the air as she swept it to one side, and with a small pop, she drew a long, wide-headed arrow out of the air behind her back. "Ringlog," she said loudly, holding the spear-like projectile aloft. "And..." Here she paused for a moment to experience the surge of power coming from somewhere deep within her. It was a fire that shone onto her body and flashed in her eyes, showing as a flash of white in her circlet. It was then that she knew what her strategy would be. For a few heart-stopping moments, nothing happened. She knew what was wrong then: Her PET, the portal though which chip data was sent from the physial plane, was no longer connected to her and Oberon.

Then, Titania heard a ruckus in the physical world: Kazu was returning. The voice within partially drowned out what was being said, but nothing could mask the sudden green glow that enevloped the arrow in her waiting gloved hand. The chip's energy cast false color onto her otherwise white forearm, and the pale white surface of her body and arrow now left a green instead of a white trail in the air as Titania thrust the arrow down into the ground with unneccecary vigor.

When the head of the arrow pierced the netscape, it released a wave of data that formed into a cylindrical shape: The Ringlog chip, rolling forth to crush the Electric virii ahead.

It was then that Titania let go, and herself allowed a wave of data to overcome her. The arrow dissolved where it stood, and the great bow in her hands soon followed suit as she charged forward at the arguably weaker Mets with lessening regard for her own attractiveness as a target. Her ground speed increased from a stiff run to a full sprint as a pair of punching blades coalesced on her hands from the white stuff of her body.

The change complete, Oberon drove one weapon straight into one of the freakishly enhanced Mets, then performed an impossible leap over it as he brought his off-hand weapon down on its mate in a vertical chop.

Breakdown:

Boost- Ringlog1 Magneaker group [110 including bonus]
Switch/charge
Blade Sword Mets [80+20 to both]
((Bumping))
Before any of the Navis can react, the lightning fast viruses spring into action! The Voltool's both launch great electric pulses through the ground, striking both Titania and Lil' Red! The TeslaMagneaker's all lock on and fire, But Rass nimbly dodged the attack, and Meleeman avoided the lock-on outright. R-Kid, however, took the full force of the blast, knocking the tiny Navi silly! The final Voltool opens an orifice from under it's helmet... And a mighty stream of electrical current escapes it! Fortunately, Any sort of mettool has a hard time aiming anything but it's pickaxe, so the attack hit's a nearby chunk of steel, causing it to explode, littering the field with shrapnel! Rass was hit by a chunk for some minor damage.

R-Kid's combination attack clumsily hits the first Voltool, but the combo was too unstable to pull off any extra damage.

Meleeman got his name for a reason. The Boomerang obliterates the first Magneaker, but that's it. Too bad he wasn't Aimman!

Lil' Red's Boomerang, however, strikes it's target, and does a decent job of finishing off the injured Voltool that R-Kid hit. The TeslaMagneaker's, however, are way too fast for a Ringlog, they all nimbly dodge it.

Rass gets a green thumb, and then causes havoc in the Magneaker ranks with his twin Shotgun blasts, hit's a good portion of them, and deleting one of them outright.

While the TeslaMagneaker's were smart enough to jump the first Ringlog, the survivor's of Rass' assault landed... Right in the path of Titania's Ringlog, deleting them instantly.

TeslaMagneakerA: DELETED
TeslaMagneakerB: DELETED
TeslaMagneakerC: DELETED
VoltoolEXA: DELETED
VoltoolEXB: DELETED

R-Kid.EXE: 95
MeleeMan.EXE: 180
Red_Riding_Hood.EXE: 80
Rass.EXE: 80
Titania.EXE: 130
Terraformer(Tree): 60

Rewards:
R-Kid.EXE: 100 Zenny
MeleeMan.EXE: 150 Zenny
Red_Riding_Hood.EXE: 200 Zenny
Rass.EXE: 150 Zenny
Titania.EXE: 200 Zenny

A sudden roar in the distance, deeper into the anomalies, resounded. A strange beam shot upwards, forming a translucent yellow barrier over the outlying area. The electric currents form a wall behind them, to try and breach it would be suiside. Suddenly, the Navi's realize that they can't jack out normally, and they can't leave the effected area on foot, either!
"R-kid, are you ok?" asked Cindy as R-kid recovered.

"Meium." Said R-kid.

"This is not good." said Cindy, as she studied the barrier around the NAVI by turning the video camera into a scanner.

"Hm, I have no idea how this barrier was made, but I think we need to destroy something to make it disappear." Said Cindy "and that speed from all those virri, I think we better load some data." she said as the scanner turned into a squarish data tester.

"K Cindy." Said R-kid, scooping up some data from the two kinds of virri that had attacked them.

"Ok, I'm saving this." Said Cindy, as the cube de-dataized and a new video camera took its place.

"I'm rady fur anitang!" said R-kid, looking around.

"Be careful rainbowkid, the barrier is very powerful, and if a virri or something made this barrier, I bet it will be strong.

"Oaky Cindy!" Said R-kid, keeping his guard up.
"Rania!? What the hell were those things? They were way faster than normal viruses!" MeleeMan pointed out, looking at a scorched spot on the ground where he was nearly hit by a blast of electricity.

"I don't know, MeleeMan. Like I said before, they weren't ordinary viruses. It seems the viruses are tainted in the same way that the area is," Rania muttered in response, looking a little nervous herself. "It's a good thing you were prepared to dodge, I suppose."

"Yeah, but on the other hand, I only took out one measly virus!" MeleeMan grumbled, crossing his arms in a pouty way. "Do you want the other guys to think I'm a wuss or something?"

"No, I don't. I'm concerned about your safety during this battle, and honestly, it looks like that concern payed off," she responded idly. Her thoughts were moreso directed towards the anxiety of what else could be waiting for them in the area. "Stay on your toes. I'm certain those viruses weren't the cause of all this, so you'll have to keep searching.

"Yeah... MeleeMan muttered. He looked back and forth, noting that his allies had taken damage. "You kids sure you're up for this mission?" he asked, looking back toward Red and R-Kid. "If you guys don't want to fight, you don't have to. You can leave any time."

"Actually, MeleeMan, you all are stuck," Rania interjected calmly, obviously still preoccupied with other thoughts.

"What the-?! You serious? Why didn't you say that earlier?" he replied, slapping his forehead. "You're right, I hadn't even noticed that barrier..." he sighed, motioning with one hand for the group to follow him further. "I guess you guys are just going to have to grit your teeth and bare it."