Alignment Mission: Metal Gear Nitro

Nitro slowed to a stop and caught his breath after running a good distance away from the facility. He turned around to make sure that he was no longer being chased. Sure enough, the guards had fallen behind, and it seemed like they had given up, at least for the time being. He reached down to his belt, and unhooked the trigger for the charges. He paused for a moment, looking at the trigger in his open palm.
"What's the matter?" Chris asked, sensing that something was troubling his Navi.
"Nothing," Nitro said. "It's just, once I press this thing, me and you, we're going to be part of something a lot bigger than the both of us. This is two huge organizations battling for total control, not just some hobby that we can quit when we get bored."
"I see what you mean," Chris replied, "but we crossed that line when we accepted this mission."
"We could've just left at any time. Instead, we find ourselves holding the trigger to becoming branded as terrorists, let alone criminals."
Chris fell silent for a moment. "Well," he finally said. "You do whatever you think is right."
Nitro considered his options, of either jacking out now or finishing what he started, and after a full minute of soul searching, took a deep breath and activated the trigger.

Summary:
1: Activate charges
-TURN SPLICE-

Cooldowns:
Powder Keg: 3
((bonk))
((bonkbonk))
With the end finally in sight, Nitro took a deep breath and set off the charges.

Nothing happened. A few seconds passed.

KABOOM

An earth-shattering explosion rocked the entire netscape. Nitro didn't even know it was possible, but the panels themselves seemed to be in danger of collapsing. That must have been the generators. But the facility still seemed intact save for two columns of smoke...

Nitro heard a voice calling out. "Explosives on the generators! Everyone run before they go up!" The shout sounded absolutely desperate. So that wasn't the generators. Nitro realized this a second before a high pitched whine reached his ears. He looked at what seemed to be the entire population of the facility sprinting his way, though they were a good hundred feet away.

Using good judgment, Nitro started running too. He made it another fifty feet before hearing screams behind him and subsequently threw himself to the ground.

If Nitro had been human, he was fairly sure his head would have exploded upon hearing the next explosion. He didn't even have words to describe the sound. A firestorm engulfed every Navi running his way and left him a mere thirty feet or so out of the blast radius. The storm subsided a few seconds later and left a roughly 300 foot wide scorched circle behind. Nothing else. Nitro gaped for a full minute in silence before preparing to leave.

"Hold on! You aren't going anywhere!" a voice cried out with a loudspeaker-like effect. Nitro whirled around and saw nothing. That was his cue to look up and finally discover just what the NetPolice were working on.

A fully equipped battle mech with shining white plating, a bevy of missile launchers, a multi-barreled machine gun on each arm and what appeared to be lasers on either side of its head. The machine stood roughly twenty feet tall and ten feet wide, looking highly streamlined and capable of great agility. A NetPolice insignia adorned the chest, and the mech's name was emblazoned in bold blue capital letters on the side of its angular head:

TITANIUM COG

This machine was clearly Nitro's actual target in the mission. If he didn't destroy it, it was unlikely the NetMafia would consider his mission a success. He couldn't begin to fathom how, but upon closer inspection the mech seemed to have taken a great deal of structural damage on its chest armor. Nitro took a closer look. Was that a design or... a crack?

The voice rang out again. "You monster! Your stupid bombs deleted my entire team! All my friends! As the head of research and development for the Titanium Cog project, I'm going to use it to take you down!"

TITANIUM COG: 10000HP

NetPolice GeneratorA: DETONATED
NetPolice GeneratorB: DETONATED

Terrain: 60% Normal, 40% Grass

Nitro.EXE: 140HP

Objective 4: Destroy the facility COMPLETE
New objective: Destroy Titanium Cog

Boss Battle Start!

"Oh my god," Nitro said slowly, his eyes traveling up the machine's body.
"Nitro, what the hell is going on over there?" Chris shouted, hearing the chaos of the situation, but temporarily losing his visual feed due to the explosion.
"I... don't think we're through here," Nitro replied.
"What're you talking abou-" Chris's visuals returned. "... What the- no one told us there was a giant war machine here!"
"Well, I think that's pretty evident now."
"To be honest, I probably should've seen this coming," Chris admitted. "This whole situation is eerily similar to a game I played one time."
"Well, then, why didn't you say 'Oh jee wiz, Nitro, there might be a giant weaponized robot here, be careful!'?" Nitro snapped.
"Because, I didn't think they'd send hopeful recruits on a mission like this!"
"Well, take it up with Oldman when we get back, we've got bigger problems right now."
"I know that! ... Hold on... Take a look at its torso."
"What, I don't see... wait a minute..." Nitro looked closer, and saw what appeared to be a large crack. "That's our ticket!"
"I'm sending you the Cannon. Try not to get stepped on or something."
"Roger that!" Nitro looked up at the head of the mech, presumably where the cockpit was. "If you think this bucket of bolts can stop me, you've got another thing coming!" Nitro quickly and suddenly dove to the left into a roll, attempting to throw off the Cog's aim. He then finished in a kneeling position, and pointed his Cannon at the mech's torso. He took careful aim, as well as giving the weapon a quick charge. Once he had a clear shot, he fired the Cannon , sending the shot soaring towards the Cog's potential weak point.

Summary:
1: Dodge Left
2+3: Take Aim and fire Cannon at Titanium Cog (40dmg+Knockback+Break)(Smash activated)

Cooldowns:
Powder Keg: 2
((bonk))
While Nitro ogled the massive machine before him, the guns on its arms slowly moved to point at him. He and his operator noticed the structural damage to the mech just as it prepared to fire. Nitro dove out of the way, narrowly avoiding a burst of gunfire. "Hey! Stand still!" the voice called out like its orders would actually be followed.

Having successfully dodged the attack, Nitro took careful aim at the cracked chest of Titanium Cog. The mech was too busy aiming to move, and took the shot square in its damaged breastplate. Suddenly, the machine stopped trying to aim. Nitro heard a sickening metal grinding emanating from all over his target. "What's going on?" the voice panicked, seemingly unaware of the damage Cog had taken. The plating finally gave way a moment later, the chest plate actually taking most of the machine's armor with it. Numerous explosions rang out, driving Cog to its knees. When it got up shakily, Nitro saw the inner armor of the mech was highly damaged. The generators had done more damage than it had initially appeared.

With the significant damage Cog actually sustained, it looked like Nitro now had a chance.

TITANIUM COG: 500HP

Objective 5: Destroy Titanium Cog
"Haha!" Nitro shouted triumphantly. "What'd I tell you, that thing doesn't stand a chance!"
"Alright, I get it, you're a force to be reckoned with," Chris replied, sounding somewhat annoyed by his outburst. "Why don't you channel that cocky attitude into actually finishing that thing off? Unless you were planning on taunting it into submission?" Chris slotted in a couple chips. Nitro received the first, and the end of his buster changed into something resembling a small stereo speaker.
"Uh, which chip is this?" Nitro asked, looking at his buster with confusion.
"That's the Pulsar," Chris replied. "You know, the one you got from your 'girlfriend'!"
"Sh- shut up!" Nitro snapped, his face going slightly pink. He pointed his buster at the Titanium Cog, and fired. The speaker reverberated fiercely, and let loose an extremely high pitched buzz. The sound waves actually shook the air around them, making the attack visible to the observant. "Jeez!" Nitro said, watching his vision warp as his visor took a small amount of backlash from the attack. "Remind me to thank that Rider if we ever see her again!" Through his somewhat distorted vision, he thought he saw the Cog prepare to attack. Nitro instinctively dove to the right, and received the second chip, the Thunder. He fired it at the Cog, and it sailed through the air toward its target.

Summary:
1: Plusar1 at Titanium Cog (70dmg)
2: Dodge right
3: Thunder1 at Titanium Cog (40Elec + Stun1 + Homing)

Cooldowns:
Powder Keg: 1 (Available next turn)
Nitro started off the battle by firing a Pulsar shot at Cog. The sound wave flew towards its target at high speed, slamming the mech square in the chest before it could do anything. "Ack! Watch it!" the pilot responded, sending a blaze of gunfire at Nitro in retaliation. Already anticipating this, the Navi was clear of the bullets before they reached his last position.

The Thunder chip had less luck. Its slow speed allowed Cog to swiftly navigate around the ball in a tight curve, showing that the machine was still capable of movement. When the ball began to move back towards Cog again, it dodged around again. "You'll have to do better than that!" the voice taunted. It didn't appear to know how to do much other than that.

TITANIUM COG: 430HP

"I'm just getting warmed up!" Nitro shouted back. "Chris, I think it's time we got serious."
"Right!" Chris replied. Chris pushed a button on his PET, and Nitro began to shine brightly. When he finally dimmed down, his normal, male self was standing with a confident expression on his face.
"Let's show this loser how we do things," Nitro said.
Chris slotted in a couple chips, the Cannon and the Magbomb, and Nitro took a battle-ready stance. He recieved the Cannon first, and swung it up, pointing it at the mech before him. He gave a short hop, and fired the cannon, using the knockback from the weapon to send him backwards. He then darted forward, traveling slightly to the left. Once he was closer, he recieved the Magbomb, and hurled it toward Cog, hoping to keep it from moving around for at least a moment.

Summary:
*: Deactivate Demogirl.GMO
1: Cannon at Titanium Cog (40dmg + Knockback)
*: Use Knockback from Cannon to move backwards
2: Move Forward-Left
3: Magbomb at Titanium Cog (30Elec + Stun1 + Blast3)(Mass Destruction activated)
((CODEC CALL Note: Missiles can be destroyed or dodged, but trying to dodge three missiles is less likely to work than dodging one or two, if you catch my drift.))

Finally ditching his disguise, Nitro moved to attack with a Cannon. He was fairly sure he heard a surprised utterance from the enemy pilot before he fired a shot at the machine. Though the movement was abrupt, Cog managed to hop to the side and dodge the shot. Nitro responded to this dodge by advancing and tossing a MagBomb at the mech. The bomb exploded with a much larger radius than usual, managing to completely stop the mech in its tracks.

"That isn't enough to save you!" the voice yelled. "Eat missiles!" It seemed that the electrical explosion only covered enough of Cog to immobilize it, seeing as missiles were now flying from its shoulders and back. It wouldn't be long before they made contact.

TITANIUM COG: 400HP (Hold)
MissileA: 1HP
MissileB: 1HP
MissileC: 1HP

"Delays, delays," Nitro said, looking up at the missles that had just been launched. "It's always something, isn't it?"
"You don't seem very worried about the large, explosive, potentially lethal rockets headed your way," Chris noted.
"That's because I can deal with them pretty easily," Nitro explained. "All I need is the Molotov, and a bit of luck."
"The Molotov?" Chris asked. "Why the Molotov?"
"Because," Nitro said. "If I know my explosives as well as I say I do, I'd bet that those are heat seeking missles. Hopefully, using the Molotov and creating a lava pool will generate a large heat signature, and throw off those missles, maybe even using them to hit the Titanium Cog!"
"Well, I'm not saying it's not an excellent theory," Chris said. "But there's a lot to be left to chance here. I'd prefer that we do something a little less risky."
"No time to come up with something else!" Nitro said. "This is the best chance we have!" Nitro materialized the green bottle in his hand, complete with a white flaming rag. He waved it in the air above him for a moment, trying to get the missles to lock on to it instead of him, then focused on the Cog. He hurled the bottle towards the mech, hoping to, at the very least, create a pool of lava near it. With any luck, the missles would in fact be heat seekers, and Nitro's plan would work. He kept a wary eye on the missles, and began moving around the battlefield, in case the plan failed.

Summary:
1: Use Molotov Cocktail as a beacon for MissleA, B, and C
2: Molotov Cocktail at Titanium Cog (50Fire (+50 possible Grass Terrain bonus = 100Fire) +Large Area Lava Terrain Change (Zone)+ Throw Type Attack Attribute)(3TCD)
3: Dodge

Cooldowns:
Molotov Cocktail: Used this turn
Taking the missile threat in stride, Nitro brought out a flaming bottle to change their target. After waving it around for a few seconds he tossed it towards Cog, the missiles successfully diverted towards it. Rather than reach Cog as planned, the Molotov only flew for several yards before being assailed by three heat-seeking missiles and exploding in a massive blaze. Said blaze was more than enough to damage both combatants, and the spread of lava afterward covered a large area between Nitro and the mech.

Enraged by his missiles backfiring, the pilot snarled and fired another spray of gunfire, which Nitro dodged again.

TITANIUM COG: 370HP
MissileA: DESTROYED
MissileB: DESTROYED
MissileC: DESTROYED

Terrain: 50% Normal, 30% Lava (large area between Nitro and Cog), 20% Grass

Nitro.EXE: 110HP

"Well, that went less than spectacularily," Nitro remarked, nuring a few minor burns.
"Still," Chris said. "It looked pretty damn cool."
"Oh, no one's arguing that," Nitro agreed. "I just wish that it had worked. Oh well, guess we've got to do this the slow way."
"I'm sending you the Minibomb," Chris said. "Do what you do best."
The tiny explosive appeared in Nitro's hand. Nitro watched the Cog carefully, then hurled it at the giant mech. Before waiting to see if it had made its mark, Nitro darted forward, and dove head first into the lava before him. He swam a good distance down and waited for a moment, letting the comforting warmth of the molten terrain clear his head. He slowly made his way back up to the surface, and poked his head halfway above the surface. After taking a quick look around, he relocated the Cog, and poked his buster out from under the lava. Still glowing hot, Nitro fired a stream of bombs at the giant machine, before ducking back underneath the surface.

Summary:
1: Minibomb at Titanium Cog (60dmg + Blast2)(Mass Destruction activated)
2: Dive into Lava
3: Overheat at Titanium Cog (100dmg, 15 self dmg)(2tcd)

Cooldowns:
Overheat: Used this turn
Molotov Cocktail: 3
((bonk))
Nitro started off his next move by tossing a MiniBomb at Cog. The mech jerked to the side to avoid the miniature explosive, but apparently the pilot wasn't expecting the bomb to have such a large blast radius. The machine was hit with the full force of the bomb as Nitro dove into the lava. Once it had recovered from the explosion, Cog fired several waves of gunfire into the lava with only a few making lucky contact. "Come out!" the voice screeched from Cog's head. The pilot growled in frustration before preparing to fire again.

Before he could, Nitro decided to comply with the pilot's order and do something extra as well. The Navi rose from the lava and pointed his buster at the source of the voice. An unrelenting stream of bombs soon assailed Cog, minor explosions coming together to cause heavy damage. The mech had certainly seen better days by this point, its armor being tarnished beyond saving with stray electricity crackling all over its body. The pilot knew he was in a bad situation and launched two more missiles before preparing Cog's guns again.

TITANIUM COG: 210HP
MissileD: 1HP
MissileE: 1HP

Terrain: 50% Normal, 30% Lava (large area in front of Cog), 20% Grass

Nitro.EXE: 75HP (Submerged)

Nitro stayed under the lava's surface for a moment, contemplating his next move. Before he had reentered the lava, he saw that the Cog had launched a couple more missles. He couldn't try to distract them again, not with the heat from the lava, so it seemed that the only approach would be to attack the projectiles. Still staying under the surface, he attempted to mime his plan to Chris. Apparently the message got through, because Chris had sent him the Heatshot. The weapon was loaded into Nitro's buster. Chris also took the liberty of sending him one of the Guards, in case the Cog's pilot tried to take him by surprise whilst he took care of the missles. Nitro took hold of it with his free hand, and used it as a paddle to bring himself up to the surface.
Using this method, Nitro was able to propel himself completely out of the lava by about a foot. He landed firmly on the surface, then spun around, keeping his Guard held behind him, and fired the Heatshot at the incoming missles. He then pointed his buster at the lava beneath him, and fired a small golden grenade. It hit the surface just as it would on solid ground, and exploded into a cloud of restoratives, which set to work immediately. He then turned on the spot to face the Titanium Cog, and examined its condition. It didn't look like it would survive much longer, and Nitro hoped that the pilot survived, so he could explain just why the Netpolice would need something like this.

Summary:
1: Heatshot at MissleD and E (40Fire (+5 Elemental Affinity bonus = 45Fire) + Spread2)(Mass Destruction activated)
2: Guard1 defending Nitro
3: Healing Hand Grenade at Nitro (60heal + Blast1)(2TCD)

Cooldowns:
Overheat: 2
Healing Hand Grenade: Used this turn
Molotov Cocktail: 2
Nitro's mimed plan got the point across as his operator sent him the tools he needed for his next move. Using the Guard to successfully exit the lava, Nitro immediately followed it up with his Heatshot. The flaming blast soared towards the missiles, making direct contact and creating more fireworks. That about summed up Nitro's plan, so he dropped a restorative grenade at his feet and recovered a bit while Cog's pilot planned his next move.

In the end, all the plan amounted to was firing another barrage of gunfire. This barrage was (unfortunately for Cog) launched in a rage that didn't quite take Nitro's Guard into account and resulted in a number of reflected shots.

TITANIUM COG: 200HP (Normal)
MissileD: DESTROYED
MissileE: DESTROYED

Terrain: 50% Normal, 30% Lava (large area in front of Cog), 20% Grass

Nitro.EXE: 135HP (Lava)

"Alright, looks like we're getting close to done here," Nitro remarked. "Just a few more solid hits and this thing will be nothing but a pile of scrap metal."
"Just as well," Chris said. "We're starting to get low on useful chips."
"What've we got?"
Chris listed off their remaining chips. "Well, we've got the Shockwave, Cactball, one Guard, Amatsu Haretsu, Rageclaw, and Recover10."
"Hmm..." Nitro thought for a moment. "Send me... the first few. I should be able to bring him down by a considerable amount."
Nitro recieved the remaining Guard to start, and he held it up in front of him, to block any incoming attacks from the Cog. He then recieved the Shockwave, which took the form of a buildup of energy in his boot. Nitro stomped down on the lava beneath him, which caused the surface to ripple as the attack traveled just below the surface. To finish off, he recieved the Cactball, which he bowled towards the hulking mech. He kept a wary eye on the mech throughout his assault, keeping his shield raised.

Summary:
1: Guard1 defending Nitro
2: Shockwave at Titanium Cog (40dmg + Piercing + Line Attack)
3: Cactball1 at Titanium Cog (20Wood x 2-4 hits)
((bonk))