Alignment Mission: Metal Gear Nitro

Nitro was starting to run low on firepower, but so was the mech. The pilot seemed to be practically searching for some weapon he hadn't already expended. While he was doing that, Nitro stomped the ground and sent a rippling shockwave towards Cog. That threw him off balance, the machine teetering on one leg after a failed attempt to dodge. The barreling CactBalls didn't help it as three tumbled past its leg and scored glancing blows. That was enough to make the pilot launch the mech off the ground and land a good distance to his right.

"Aha!" the pilot's voice rang out, sounding a bit more tinny now. "This will do nicely!" Two small barreled weapons, one on either side of Cog's head, began to charge up with blue energy. The charging culminated in a piercing blue laser that shot towards Nitro just as he raised his Guard. Too bad the laser was piercing. The attack went straight through both the shield and Nitro, the shield fragmenting into data and Nitro taking a severe hit. It looked like a bad situation.

...at least until Nitro broke out of his pain reverie and realized the CactBall assault had caused Cog to hop to the Navi's left, where a fairly large patch of grass lay.

TITANIUM COG: 100HP (Grass)

NetPolice GeneratorA: DETONATED
NetPolice GeneratorB: DETONATED

Terrain: 50% Normal, 30% Lava (large area in front of Cog), 20% Grass

Nitro.EXE: 35HP (Lava)

Objective 5: Destroy Titanium Cog
Everything seemed to move in slow motion as Nitro saw the beam rip right through his shield, graze his arm, and hit him right in the middle of his stomach. Nitro was thrown back, and he slowly got back up, looking at the sizable scorch mark left behind by the laser. "*cough* Figures," Nitro said weakly. "I go the whole fight with barely a scratch and then I get hit by that stupid thing." He wiped his mouth, then looked up at the Cog. It took him a moment, but he finally took notice of the terrain that it was standing on. A grin spread across his face, and he looked right up at the cockpit. "Your first mistake," Nitro shouted, "was challenging me to a fight and wasting my time. That's strike one." Nitro lifted his finger. "Your second mistake," he continued, "was hitting me with that laser and really pissing me off. That's strike two." He lifted another finger. "Your third," he said finally, "will be clear in a moment." He raised his hands above his head, and the hulking container of gunpowder materialised above him. He strained to keep the keg up in his weakened condition, but he managed to heft it at the Cog's leg. The barrel rolled across the top of the lava as if it were cement, and met the grassy shore of the lava lake. It continued to roll towards the mech, leaving a thin trail of gunpowder behind it. Nitro pulled a lit match out of the air with a flick of his wrist, and paused for a moment to say one last thing before dropping the match.
"Looks like you're outta here."
Nitro dropped the match onto the makeshift fuse. The spark cracked, sizzled, and popped as it sped along to meet the large explosive barrel waiting among the grass. Nitro watched the trail grow gradually shorter and shorter, until there was only a few inches between the keg and the burning end of the fuse.

Summary:
1+2: Powder Keg at Titanium Cog (100Fire (+100Fire Grass Terrain Bonus = 200Fire) + Break)
3: Dodge
The opportunity was there. Nitro ignored the pain and took his chance, rolling a very large explosive toward Cog. As it would happen, the large amount of power needed to fire the laser had left the mech all but immobile. That was a good thing for Nitro, but a bad thing for the pilot. Nitro heard a muffled cry a second before part of Cog's head flew open and an ejector seat shot skyward, culminating in a thin beam of light indicating the Navi's escape. All that was left was the explosion.

And what an explosion it was. The initial blast paled in comparison to the last one, but it was still enough to blow Titanium Cog into pieces. As a bonus, most of those pieces landed in the pool of lava, melting until nothing was left. The remaining debris didn't even resemble the machine it had once been part of. Mission complete.

Taking a quick look through the debris, Nitro noticed some remaining battlechip data. Score. As he collected the data, that same tinny voice echoed in Nitro's ears. "You think you're so great, but you haven't accomplished anything! I can make more machines, better ones! The Mafia won't know what hit it!" With that, the voice cut off and Nitro was left to himself in the decimated remains of the NetPolice facility.

TITANIUM COG: DESTROYED

NetPolice GeneratorA: DETONATED
NetPolice GeneratorB: DETONATED

Terrain: 50% Normal, 30% Lava, 20% Grass

Nitro.EXE: 35HP (Lava)
Rewards: CrossBomb

Objective 5: Destroy Titanium Cog COMPLETE
MISSION COMPLETE

Nitro watched as the last few pieces of debris sank into the lava. He looked up, and could still see a thin trail of light from his adversary's escape. "So, do you think will run into him again?" Nitro asked his operator.
"I have a feeling we might," Chris replied. "But for now, we should focus on reporting back to Oldman."
"Sounds like a plan," Nitro said, after scooping up some chip data left among the debris. He straightened himself up, dusted himself off, and disappeared in a flash of green light.