Mission: Ghost Recon

Phantasm tried dragging on... but he was just too plain tired. So close.. yet so far. Some Metools appeared as they hopped along, looking at the exhausted Navi with slight pity. Then again, they were viruses, so do they even have pity? Who knows, really.

Bunny x3: Deleted
Champu x5: Deleted
Swordy-E x3: Deleted
ElecOgre x3: Deleted
MetoolA: 40HP
MetoolB: 40HP
MetoolC: 40HP
MetoolD: 40HP
MetoolE: 40HP

(More viruses are in the distance, but not hostile yet)

Terrain: 100% Normal

Phantasm: 80HP
Running Pace: 0 Meters/Turn [Exhausted Again, Next Turn Recovery]
Distance Ran: 1900/2000 Meters
"Ghaaa!" Phantasm exclaimed as his pace slowed to a crawl and finally stopped, his breathing becoming laboured as he attempted to regain his energy once again. Standing hunched over facing the ground, Phantasm supported himself with hands placed on his knees, "Huh... Huh....Huh...", a continuous stream of rhythmic exhales came from the navi, with no sign of letting up. it seemed as if it would take Phantasm a while to get back to normal.

A few minuets went by before the strange noises emanating from the exhausted navi were finally interrupted, "Err... Phantasm..." Lex said to the navi, a strange tone filling his voice,

"Shuddup!... hurr...." Phantasm exclaimed, attempting to cut of the Netop, the word itself sounded slurred, stretched as if he had used all the air in his body to say it,

"Buddy, I think you should look up"

"Who you callin' bud......dy?" it was then that the navi finally realised the reasons for Lex's earlier interruptions, it seemed that a group of Metools had used Phantasm's incapacitated state to gain the jump on him, to think that the master of stealth himself had been surrounded by a group of the lowliest virii on the net, it made his blood boil.

Phantasm began to count the virii that had got the jump on him, using his fingers as he went, "One... Two... Three..."

"There's five of 'em"

"Awww shi..."

"No time for expletives now, you gotta finish these guys of guick so you can rest, unfortunatly all we got left in terms of firepower is the Rageclaw"

"So... your saying we ain't got any weapons?"

"In normal circumstances, yes, but against Metools... you may just stand a chance"

All ready in a battle stance to face multiple opponents, the ghostly figure replied, "Anything else left in the ol' chip stock", in reaction to the navi's questioning, the Netop searched the remaining stock and the only other chip he could find that wasn't recharging was a lone, underused guard, he then proceeded to relay this information the navi on the front lines,

"I'll Send you the Rageclaw first, then ill follow up with a guard"

Phantasm held his knife in his left hand, it was near breaking point but nonetheless was still in fighting condition, he lunged at the nearest Metool, the knife's point homing for the whites of its eyes, the navi then fluidly slashed at one of its nearby friends with the newly acquired Rageclaw, finishing of with a sweeping upwards hit at another one of the large group before retreating behind an oversized version of the very defences that his opponents use.

Actions
1. Aquaknife at MetoolA (60 slashing DMG, Aqua B acc, Use 6/6)
2. Rageclaw at MetoolB (40 slashing DMG, null B Acc, Use 1/6)
3. Rageclaw at MetoolC (40 slashing DMG, null B Acc, Use 2/6)
4. Guard 1 in defence (Reflects one attack, bouncing back a maximum of 60 damage)
With his knife and claw, Phantasm managed to delete two of the viruses quite handily, but then the others attacked him as well, with one hitting his Guard and the other two hitting him.

Just a little more... and he'd be able to make it!

MetoolA: Deleted
MetoolB: Deleted
MetoolC: 30HP
MetoolD: 40HP
MetoolE: 40HP

(More viruses are in the distance, but not hostile yet)

Phantasm: 60HP
Running Pace: 0 Meters/Turn [Recovered]
Distance Ran: 1900/2000 Meters
Recoiling from the blows sent his way by the Metools, Phantasm quickly readied himself for a counter attack. Rageclaw in hand, the navi made a small feint to the left of the closest foe, he then waited for a split second before taking a swipe at the small virus, hoping to take advantage from any distraction his previous manoeuvre may have caused. Switching targets with quick precision, the navi's eyes fell upon his next unwitting victim, Phantasm crouched down and with a ferocious, "RWAAAAHHHH!!!!" he released the pent up energy in his legs, rocketing towards the target, spinning a he went. Along the way, Phantasm attempted to catch the other, injured foe with his spinning claw of fury. Upon reaching the intended target, Phantasm pointed the claw straight ahead, forming a giant flaming arrow aimed right for one unlucky Metool.

The navi continued onwards, landing with a small barrel roll, he sprung back upwards, running onwards, once again with a new, battle-infused vigour.

Actions
Switch to jog mode (automatic, 100m/turn)
1. Rageclaw at MetoolD (40 slashing DMG, null B Acc, Use 3/6)
2. Jump at MetoolE, going past MetoolC in the process
3. Rageclaw at MetoolC (40 slashing DMG, null B Acc, Use 4/6)
4. Rageclaw at MetoolE (40 slashing DMG, null B Acc, Use 5/6)
Phantasm ran the last leg of the 2km run, while deleting the remaining Metools easily with his RageClaw. Finally, this thing was over.

Metool x5: Deleted

Phantasm: 60HP
Running Pace: 100 Meters/Turn [Jog Mode On]
Distance Ran: 2000/2000 Meters

2KM Run - Victory!!
Rewards: [ElecReel1] Battlechip, 2000z

Suddenly, the document from the BBS popped up. In a robotic tone of voice, it announced, "Identification confirmed. Grey/Phantasm.EXE, operator Lex Ghostly. Your location has been determined to be very close to the target location. The location for the reconnaisance is located immediately north of your direction."

Looking in the northern direction, there didn't seem to be anything, other than a small portal. Unfortunately, it was surrounded by what seemed like a billion sensor drones. Maybe that?
"Phewww...", the navi exclaimed, the relief in his voice highly evident, "About ruddy time..." Phantasm then fell with a thud onto his backside, staring straight at the next location of interest.

With a sense of relief much akin to Phantasms, Lex leant back on the park bench only to realise that it was nearing the parks closing time, no longer did he hear the hustle and bustle of the park he had grown accustom to, it was replaced by a darker, more foreboding mood, one which didn't inspire the greatest of confidence within the large haired Netop. Checking his immediate surroundings, Lex spoke to Phantasm in a llow tone, "I think we should get going now..."

Phantasm looked sharply into the direction of the Netop's voice and replied, "Leave now? Not a chance! We're so close to the goal, all I gotta do is slip past those sensors, then I'm home free!",

"But-but it's dark...",

"Ahhh be a man about it! If ya go now I'll have to reconnect through a different network, all this running would have been for naught",

"O-ok... Be quick about it 'k?", the navi didn't reply, instead he climbed to his feet and made his way, cautiously towards the menagerie of sensors, trying to pinpoint a weakness in their defences.

[Try to find a weak spot in the sensor defence grid]
After watching the sensor array for a while, Phantasm could see that they moved in a specified spiral pattern, which clearly outlined a straight path where he could walk towards the teleporter panel without touching the sensors. Unfortunately, it was nearly impossible to cross, since they'd see him in an instant. It was about the only way in, so he'd have to find some way to get through. Maybe a chip or two for distraction or something?

((WOOT 444)))
"Hrmm...", the confused Netop mumbled as he stroked his chin, the situation was too much like a puzzle, the kind that didn't want to be solved. Lex continued to stare intently at the portal, a small growl emanating from him slowly grew as time passed, it eventually reached the point where the young man let out a frustrated cry, surprising a nearby couple as he done so, "Grrr I don't get this!!".

Exuding the same air of over-confidence he usually had, Phantasm chuckled patronizingly at his op's comments as he shook his head, he then calmly said, "this is a simple puzzle, even a child could figure it out, obviously the route we take is over...", the navi went quiet as he scanned the portal, he made no sound for a couple of minuets, the silence was eventually broken when Lex said,

"So you don't know either?",

"O-of course I do, i-it's o-over t-th...", suddenly the navi began to go glitchy, his appearance began to waver between the ghost and regular form, before eventually settling back on the current version, but something seemed odd,
"I know what to do",

"Grey? Is that you?" Lex questioned as he recognised the familiar voice, "How are you still in ghost form?",

"I-I'm not quite sure, it seems to be a glitch in Phantasms programme, it seems that I have control for the moment but who knows how long it will last", the new controller turned his attentions to the task at hand, "So what chips we got?"

The Netop went to grab his chip stock, but before he could even say more than, "Well we got...", the navi butted in with,

"Don't worry, I seem to remember from Phantasm's memory banks, send me invis, arrow and... Guard, I've got a plan!"

Grinning slightly and shaking his head the netop said, "It wouldn't be the first time...", he then sent the desired chip to the figure below.

Upon receiving the first two chips, Grey released the arrow towards a far of sensor but affixed to its front appeared to be the guard he had also wanted, the navi then crouched slightly, seeming as if he were waiting for the right moment, then suddenly he faltered, the flames that surrounded him began to grow dim, "Urkh!", he exclaimed, revealing that he was going through some kind of pain, but that didn't stop him, from a dashing start, Grey made an invisible dash for the point where the sensors would align, allowing for him to slip through easily,

"Are you ok?" a concerned Lex questioned as he watched the moments leading up to the starting run, the reply was one that gave him a great reason for concern,

"It... It feels that he's trying to take back control, seems that are processes can't run side by side after all", he then continued onwards, using the improvised attack as a decoy as he headed for the mission target.

[Use an improvised decoy made from arrow and a guard to distract sensors]
[Use invis to slip through the path to the teleporter panel with distraction]
As Grey took control of the Navi body, he released a decoy in the form of an Arrow chip, along with a Guard to make it look less... tiny. This was never gonna wor-

ALERT. ALERT. INTRUDER DETECTED. ALL SENSORS PROCEED TO DRONE #45555.

With that, all went chaotic as the drones turned their attention to the summoned bee-virus. Grey took this opportunity to dash up to the portal while all of the drones went nuts on the 'threat'. As he got on the portal, it activated silently, and the invisible Grey turned into a yellow beam before the sensors could figure out what was happening.

-----

Grey appeared quickly in another portal, this time inside some sort of strange complex of metal, still in invisible form. When he looked around, all he saw was cool blue metal surfaces staring back at him. The portal he was on was situated in a corridor of some sort, leading to a corner turn to somewhere.

Then, the document he had obtained earlier popped up again, and announced (silently) some things in text form.

"Complex entry: Success. Task: Gather information on virus breeding techniques used in this facility. Expected location: Chamber 12-3A."

Well, time to find that thingy, then.
Materialising mere moments after reaching the control panel, the navi tumbled forwards, landing awkwardly in the new, unfamiliar location. Standing, dazed and confused, Grey stumbled about for a bit as he rubbed his flaming skull trying desperately to regain his bearings and a much needed grip on the situation.

Things weren't much better for the Lex because as soon as the teleport jump happened, the PET screen disconnected, leaving the confused Netop trying to piece together the current situation through the noises coming from the speaker. Attempting to regain contact, Lx called out to Grey, "What the hell is going on down there, this piece of crap junk model PET's screen cut out!", he then began to repeatedly smack the machines side, desperately trying to knock the connection back into place.

Unbeknownst to Lex, Grey had recovered from the teleport sickness and had begun to survey the surroundings, after a few seconds, he began to check himself over, "Seems the invis settings last longer out of battle conditions... Well best not to be too overzealous", he then took a few steps put of the arrival area, keeping to the shadows while watching his steps. Slowly making his way towards the corner of the bend in the corridor, the navi spoke to Lex in silent mode, "I appear to be in the location asked for by the mission, seems to be some kind of virus breading plant according to the brief, send me the Aquaknife, I need to see around this corner", he then crouched down, waited a few seconds for the Aquaknife, then sliding it out ever so slightly along the floor, he angled it to see what laid ahead.

[Sneak towards corner; use Aquaknife as a mirror to see around the corner]
Being extremely cautious, Grey decided he'd go with an AquaKnife to see around the corner. With the knife, he had to adjust the angles a little but when he did, he had a pretty clear view of what was there. Another sensor drone. And a door with some markings on it... hmm. Damn, it was way too small to see from here. Maybe if he focused just a little bit...

12-3A
"What luck!", the navi exclaimed, a momentary lapse in his recent serious ethic, he grabbed at his mouth with his free hand in a vain attempt to stop the sounds that had already left his lips, then cursing his own reactions, Grey backed away from the corner, taking a deep breath to regain his composure.

Hearing the strange commotion through the broken PET, Lex called to the navi as if his own vision was some how impaired, "What's going on, all I'm getting is static", he then continued the repeated banging of the frazzled device.

Grey was deep in thought at the time, his processes going a mile a second, trying to formulate the best plan to take out the new annoyance without being detected, he mumbled to himself, "What to do, what to do..." he then heard a faint voice in the back of his mind,

Just go for it

Grey replied to the voice though his thoughts, Is that you Phantasm?

Yeah it's me and I want me body back! Phantasm replied , sounding increasingly agitated, feeling the grip of Phantasms iron will slowly taking back control, Grey knew that the only way to survive would be to adapt. Continuing the dialogue with the second persona, Grey calmly said,

I propose a truce for the time being

Yeah? Why should I listen to you when I can just take back control of your body?

Well you should know by now that we both have different strengths, mine lies in the subtitles of infiltration and stealth and yours lies in... well your better at bashing stuff, I propose that you allow me to take control just until the next fight, then you can wreck my body as much as you see fit, truce?

Well.... Uh... Yeah sure whatever you just said, the intruder replied, a tone of confusion layering his voice, he then continued in a altogether more sinister voice, But as soon as I get the chance, I'm taking back control..., Phantasm proceeded to go quiet as the feeling suddenly flooded back to Grey allowing him to once again, take a grip on the situation.

Grey shook his head a few times before sneaking back to the corner spot, then using a combination of invisibility and his natural talents to sneak up to the sensor, he then used his watery sword to try to swiftly execute the floating alarm, he then checked the door of his missions target.

[Try to sneak up on the sensor, taking it out with Aquaknife if possible and then check out the door]
Grey's exclamation alerted the sensor drone to his presence, and it started to float in his direction! The Navi prepared himself to sneak up to the sensor, and executed the bot perfectly. As he did so, however, it set off alarms in the facility! Lights of flashing red illuminated the corridor as Grey turned to the door, which slid with a futuristic-sounding 'fssht' sound. Inside, he saw a large room that seemed to be filled with conveyor belts and machines. Tubes of blue fluid glowed red from the lights outside, contaning what seemed to be horrible patch jobs of virus parts and amalgamations of mutant viruses. The tubes seem to be centered around a point in the middle of the room.

In the middle, lay one of the deepest and rarest viruses known to modern man. The black eyes seemed to stare into eternity, the gem set into its head giving it a royal-like appearance, and its spindly six legs allude to its movements. The Scuttle floated ominously in the blue fluid tube, staring at Grey with its round eyes.

Oh, and he might wanna leave with something for the mission. Y'know, before security gets here.
Racing into the room with the utmost haste, Grey fired his buster a few times at the machinery that surrounded the door attempting to make a temporary barricade, "No point in being quiet now", mumbled to himself as he turned away from the rubble pile, it was the that he noticed it, the scuttle that stood mere meters away from him, it seemed as if all things in the room were focused in such a way that the legendary virus was the dead centre point, drawing all inwards. Grey rushed immediately towards it, he didn't know exactly what it was but he knew that it was too important to leave alone.

Caressing the thick glass wall that held the scuttle just inches away from him, Grey couldn't take his eyes away from it, the viruses eyes glared back, unblinkingly at the navi, studying him, understanding him, finding his weakness, the navi knew that an encounter with such a specimen was once in a lifetime, he did not want to miss this opportunity.

With a frustrated look upon his face, the Netop had all but given up on getting the PET to work when suddenly the screen sprang back into life, but instead of the usual viewpoint centred on his navi, it instead appeared to be the view from a security camera looking at a door. A feeling of horror filled Lex as he realised the situation, he watched the blaring lights, the masses of heelnavis trying desperately to smash down the door, he asked but one question of his navi, hoping with all his heart that the navi's answer wouldn't be the one he expected, "Are you in room 12-3A"

Furiously trying to smash the glass that stood between him and the virus, Grey knew that he didn't have the power to take out the barrier. Turning away dejectedly from the rare foe, Grey suddenly heard the first coherent line from his Netop since his arrival, he was quick to reply, "Yes, what of it?"

"You have to get out of there, FAST!"

"But you wouldn't believe what I've found in here!"

"I don't care, you have to get out of there before they break the door down!"

"Before what?", and it was just the that the navi finally heard what the Netop had seen all along, a barrage of powerful attacks began to smash against the door, so powerful in fact that many cracks had already began to appear within the metallic frame. Angry at this wasted opportunity, the navi grabbed a bluish vile of a nearby surface, he then turned around to face the virus for the last time and said, "Until we meet again..." he then ported out, with just moments to spare before the room was filled with disgruntled heelnavis and battlechip fire.

[Grab blue liquid tube, Jack out]