Science Busting!

Zeo frowned quizzically at the Heelnavis. "Well whaddya know? It was a cyber-garden, or at least intended to be harvested."

"Surprisingly, it wasn't a trap. And here I was, all geared up for a battle," ViralMan said disappointedly as he turned to the navis.

Raising up his palms, Zeo shrugged. "I don't know, I don't see any reason not to give them the carrot. It's not like we need it."

ViralMan nodded. He took a few steps towards the Heelnavis and his helmet disappeared in a flurry of data. A light smile adorned his face as he addressed them. "I have no reason to interfere with your shredding, but if you wouldn't mind me asking, why is a carrot simply sitting here in SciLab, and why do you look for them?"

After he asked, ViralMan had a mental chuckle at the fact they seemed to have ran into non openly hostile Heelnavis for once.

1. Deliberate
2. Relinquish carrot
3. Be friendly
4. Ask questions
((Bump.))
"I ain't gonna waste my time 'splaining to you why we do this and that, Boy!"

The FarmerHeel sharply glared down at ViralMan and started to nibble down on his wheat. He clicked his tongue and turned towards the other Heelnavi behind him, with the same stare as he gave before, "Boy!! Fetch the machine!"

"Ye-ye-ye-yes sir!"

Nodding to himself over and over again, he started to run far into the horizon until he couldn't be seen with the naked eye. The FarmerHeel started to stare right towards the gigantic carrot and shook his head while sighing, "Why did that idiot plant this thing so damn far away..." Snapping his finger, a rake materialized on his right hand and pointed it right towards ViralMan with malicious intent. "Now, git or I'll make you git."

FarmerHeel: 200 HP [Equip: Rake]

WorkerHeel: 100 HP [Off to get the machine: 1 Turn]

Carrot: 100 HP

Terrain: 95% Normal, 5% Grass

ViralMan: 70 HP

((The Usual))
You can try, punk!

That was ViralMan's immediate mental response. However, seeing as he still didn't want a fight, nor did he have a reason to attack, he decided to comply. With one last glance at both the FarmerHeel and the carrot, he started to walk past it. As he did, his helmet materialized on his head once again.

"Alright, alright, I'm off. Sorry if I caused you any trouble." While it annoyed ViralMan to simply leave after being threatened like that, it was unnecessary to retaliate against the farmer.

When his navi was a fair distance away, Zeo smiled apologetically. "Don't worry, ViralMan. Gotta pick your battles and all that."

The navi shrugged. "I don't mind unduly, though I'm still curious as to what they intend to do with that carrot."

"Eh, I'm sure there's info about stuff like this somewhere. If you want to know, we could probably look it up later," Zeo said, his gaze turning to the nearby SciLab which was barely visible at this time save for a few lights.

ViralMan stretched his arms and yawned. "Maybe. I'm still waiting for some kind of fight before we do any researching."

1. Apologize
2. "Git"
3. Curiosity
4. Continue
((Almost 2 day bump.))
(Jesus christ, I hit Last Reply, see the avatar, and think I've been sleepbumping. It's friggin' rediculous, man.)
((I'm not sure who Goroke's enlisted to mod my topic, but to whomever it may concern...

Bump.))
"That's better, boy! Forgit the machine and come here to get the carrot!"

The WorkerHeel that was off to get the machine came back in a hurry to pick up the carrot by ViralMan. However, as soon he picked the vegetable off, a small part of the orange skin shed and revealed a small glimpse of green crystal underneath! "...O..Oops" Soon, the carrot exterior was completely gone and the WorkerHeel was holding the GMD on his hands. Hesitating, he suddenly ran off into a direction away from ViralMan and didn't plan to stop.

The FarmerHeel slapped his hands against his head and nodded it side to side. "I can't believe out of everything, the last one bloomed..." He looked up at ViralMan and gave the same menacing look once more. "Since you found out what the carrot was meant to be, I just can't let you go...Don't blame me! Blame fate!" He took the rake with two hands and charged head forth towards the navi!

FarmerHeel: 200 HP [Equipped: Rake] [Attacking!]

WorkerHeel: 100 HP [Running Away!: 2 Turn till Jack Out / 1 Action Away]

GMD: 100 HP

======
BOSS BATTLE, (FINALLY) START!
======
"Mystery data..." ViralMan noted shortly before the farmer charged.

Zeo laughed. "So much for cyber-farming. On a semi-related note, this navi seems to think he can attack us and win."

"Should I go after the one with the data?" ViralMan asked, ignoring the FarmerHeel.

Drawing a chip from his pocket, Zeo squinted in the dark to ensure it was the right one before inserting it. "Yeah, but you better fend this guy off first." The navi nodded and grabbed the Guard that appeared. By now the FarmerHeel was getting close, and so rather than waiting for him, ViralMan charged right back at the attacker. He held the shield in front of him like a ram and grunted as he drew it a bit closer to his body. A foot from the Heelnavi, he punched out both arms, attempting to knock over the enemy, or at least stop his current attack. Immediately after he dodged left around the navi and located the WorkerHeel. "Nothing against you, but if your boss has to attack me, you can't be up to any good."

"Alright ViralMan, now we've got to stop that worker. MagBomb, on the way," Zeo told his navi, placing the chip in the PET. "Go get him!"

ViralMan gave him a thumbs up. "You don't have to tell me twice."

Not knowing if the FarmerHeel was still after him or not, but reasonably confident that he was faster, ViralMan started after the WorkerHeel. He ran as fast as his legs could carry him, the bomb held in his right hand. On the way, he realized something. "Zeo! If I use MagBomb, I'm going to damage the mystery data!" he called out. A surprised look appeared on Zeo's face for a moment, but it was quickly replaced by a scowl. "Ugh, I should have noticed that. Too late now, we'll just have to protect it once he drops it. I doubt these guys want it destroyed any more than we do."

"Whatever you say," ViralMan replied.

Left with only one thing to do, ViralMan closed in on the WorkerHeel. "And here's what you get for making me run!" He jumped into the air and whipped the ball at the escaping navi and unfortunately, the mystery data. On landing, he spun around to make sure he wasn't about to get hit by the FarmerHeel. After making sure he was safe for the moment, he backed up a bit to keep both targets in view and stood ready to dodge.

"You dislike running that much?" Zeo asked, confused.

ViralMan shook his head. "I just couldn't think of anything else to say."

1. Guard1, charge FarmerHeel's attack
2. Pursue WorkerHeel
3. MagBomb1 to WorkerHeel (30, Stun, Blast 2)
4. Dodge
((Bump.))
((Bump.))
((MODJACK))

ViralMan deliberated with his Op for a moment before forming a Guard and ramming it into the Farmer Navi, causing him to jump in surprise and get knocked off his feet.

"Dagnabbit! I almost had ya!" the FarmerHeel cursed at ViralMan, who was taking off after the WorkerHeel at the moment. The FarmerHeel shook his fist at Viral as he tried to get up. "Ooh, mah back," he groaned, standing up and picking up a nearby pitchfork, his rake long since flung away.

ViralMan made it to the same pace as the WorkerHeel and grinned, producing a Magbomb. A worried expression crossed the WorkerHeel's face as he threw the Mystery Data back over toward the FamerHeel while shouting, "Oh noooooo!" before being incapacitated with the MagBomb.

Instinctively dodging, Viralman let out a "phew" as a pitchfork sailed right over his head. Turning around he saw the FarmerHeel yelling things like, "I'mma gonna getcha good for that!" and whatnot, before picking up a shovel. Where the hell was he getting all that equipment anyway?

FarmerHeel: 170 HP [Equipped: Shovel / 2 Actions Away]

WorkerHeel: 70 HP [Stun! / 0 Actions Away]

GMD: 100 HP [1 Action Away]

"That guy is getting annoying. I don't want to delete him, though," ViralMan said to himself. Immediately after he shook his head. "Ugh, stupid morality. This guy better have an Undershirt equipped."

Zeo scoffed. "Who doesn't these days? Here, knock that worker down a few pegs then get to the Mystery Data." He produced a chip from nowhere and slotted it into the PET.

On ViralMan's side, the navi looked warily at the FarmerHeel before focusing on the WorkerHeel. He held up his right hand and curled it into a fist as flames coalesced around it. "Now then, this shouldn't delete you, or even cause you to jack out. Hopefully it will deter you from attacking me again," ViralMan stated calmly. With another glance at the farmer, he quickly strolled up to the WorkerHeel and delivered a burning jab to the navi's chest. Dropping the worker, ViralMan turned around to finish his business with the boss.

"I need to get to that data and stop that farmer," ViralMan said, laying out his priorities.

"I'm with you," Zeo reassured his navi and reached into his pocket. "What now...ah, this should be fine. Cannon, slot-in!"

Flashes of light accompanied Zeo's shout and proceeded to transform his left arm into a bulky green Cannon. "Getting up close would be unwise at this point. I'll get within favorable shooting range and see if I can't disarm him while I'm at it," explained the navi. He sprinted back towards the FarmerHeel, signs of exhaustion beginning to show as he did. After closing half the distance and reaching the Mystery Data, ViralMan raised his Cannon arm and took a moment to catch his breath. He panted for a few seconds, then steadied his Cannon with his opposite arm. "Take this for attacking me out of the blue!" ViralMan cried, firing a ball of yellow-orange energy at the FarmerHeel. Feeling he needed a few more seconds to rest, he stopped and regarded the hostile navi with a frown.

"Why does he insist on doing this? It's not like I'm going to go bragging to everyone about how they hide Mystery Data in vegetables. In fact, I'd never. People wouldn't even believe me," ViralMan concluded.

1. FireHit1 to WorkerHeel (60)
2. Approach FarmerHeel/Get near Mystery Data
3. Cannon to FarmerHeel (40)
4. Dodge
ViralMan quickly incapacitated, or heavily weakened, the WorkerHeel, who groaned in pain as he clutched his chest.

"Gotta... get to mah machine," the weakened combatant grunted, hightailing it out of there.

"Hey! What'cha doin' boy!? I never said you could leave!" the head farmer scolded, but the WorkerHeel was already out of sight. Viralman took this moment to move toward the Mystery Data before firing a Cannon at the FarmerHeel. Cursing loudly, the FarmerHeel rushed up to the bug navi, brandishing his shovel, before swinging down dangerously. ViralMan made to move out of the way, but winced as his foot got caught by the blow.

The Mystery Data was right next to the two, and the FarmerHeel kept one eye on it...

And where the hell was that other guy? Had he really run away? Or was he getting this "machine" that he kept talking about?

FarmerHeel: 130 HP [Equipped: Shovel / 0 Actions Away]

WorkerHeel: 10 HP [ESCAPED! Cannot attack]

GMD: 100 HP [0 Actions Away]

ViralMan: 60 HP
Dropping down to one knee, ViralMan grasped his injured foot for a moment. "Huh," he breathed. "Could have been worse," the navi reasoned.

As he rose up again, Zeo's face popped up near his looking confident. "Don't worry about it. We have him on the ropes, let's finish this. Time to try out a new chip."

"New chip?" ViralMan said without thinking. "Ah, ElecReel. Fine then, let's try it out," he finished.

Moments later, ViralMan's arm reconfigured into a bulky orange device with two claw-like protrusions. It was a bit heavy, so he lifted it up more with his other hand supporting it. "This is...different." He snapped back to reality and remembered the hostile navi before him. Instinctively he aimed the device at the FarmerHeel and fired a bolt of yellow electricity at him. The attack threw ViralMan off a bit, as it lacked any significant recoil. He began to walk towards the HeelNavi cautiously. "Time for a powerful physical strike," he said, tipping Zeo off as to his next move.

"Subtle as a train wreck. Sword, slot-in!" the operator called out, and did so.

"I'm not chopping a carrot, but this will do," ViralMan semi-quipped.

The navi covered the short distance between himself and the FarmerHeel in seconds and prepared for a strike. Unsure of how the electricity might affect his adversary, ViralMan positioned the Sword behind him and swung it around, pivoting on one foot and cutting at the HeelNavi with extra force from the spin. After rotating three times, he timed a jump while he was facing away from the navi and got a fair distance away before turning back to his foe. "Have you realized yet that it was a mistake to attack me?" he taunted, knees bent slightly.

"Now, to end this," ViralMan said sullenly.

With a neutral expression, Zeo loaded another chip. "This should be enough."

ViralMan gazed at his hand for an instant before it transformed into a light gray Heatshot gun. He walked a bit closer, raised the weapon and stopped for a moment. "You did attack me first, but here's hoping you jack out safely," he said. A whooshing sound came from the Heatshot and a flaming projectile shot at the FarmerHeel, hopefully ending the battle. ViralMan, still unsure of the outcome, backed up and waited for the little smoke created by his attack to clear.

Is it over?

Zeo stared intently at the FarmerHeel's last location.

1. ElecReel1 to FarmerHeel (80)
2. Sword to FarmerHeel (80)
3. Heatshot to FarmerHeel (40)
4. Dodge

The FarmerHeel was caught off guard by the ElecReel, shocked to his skeleton, or whatever it was by the electricity. Grunting, he parried ViralMan's sword strike with his shovel and strafed to the side once the bug navi fired his heatshot.

"I ain't gonna go down that easily, boy!" the FarmerHeel growled, gripping his shovel tightly.

The whirring sounds of something came from a distance... what could it be?

FarmerHeel: 50 HP [Equipped: Shovel / 0 Actions Away]

WorkerHeel: 10 HP [ESCAPED! Cannot attack]

ViralMan: 60 HP [Sword: 5 uses]
"Persistent bastard," ViralMan swore. "We're running out of things to hit him with." He examined his Sword, and decided to use it again.

Agreeing, Zeo shuffled through the chips he had left. He settled on one, and slid it into the PET. "Going hand to hand may work better if you have this too," he predicted.

ViralMan's gaze drifted from his Sword to his other arm. After a second of shapeless conversion, his hand had sprouted several razor-sharp claws. He tapped one of the claws with the flat of the Sword. "I suppose this will help."

He took one quick look at the Mystery Data before he darted towards the FarmerHeel. Concentrating on the Navi's shovel, he positioned his claws near his head and the Sword lower down, ready to stab. On contact, ViralMan thrust the RageClaw out at the shovel, attempting to catch it between the claws and render it useless as he proceeded to wind up for a slash. Following through, ViralMan swung the Sword around, making a horizontal cut at the FarmerHeel before dismissing the RageClaw to free himself and retreat back a few feet. He laughed. "So that claw has a use after all..." Raising his Sword once again, it disappeared and his hand returned to normal.

Zeo rubbed the back of his head with a hand. "Um, we don't have much left to choose from, so what do you want?" He smiled sheepishly.

"Let's see him dodge a second Heatshot from point blank," ViralMan said.

Once again, the gray blaster appeared on ViralMan's arm, smoking slightly and emitting small flames. Placing a hand on top of the gun, he hoped this would end the battle. He ran at the FarmerHeel with the Heatshot at his side, more concerned about the shovel at this point. He was a bit unsure about ditching the RageClaw, but figured his opponent wouldn't lose to the same trick twice. By now, ViralMan had reached the Navi and by a split second decision, he punched out the weapon and fired. Even if the shot was blocked, the spread would hit anyway, in theory. Ending his attack, he dodged to the side and moved back. "Now, did he finally lose?" Zeo asked, activating a shield in front of his navi.

ViralMan didn't have an answer, but waited to find out while some of his injuries healed.

1. RageClaw1 to catch FarmerHeel's shovel
2. Sword to FarmerHeel (80)
3. Heatshot to FarmerHeel (40)
4. StimShield (One hit shield, +30HP)
ViralMan caught the FarmerHeel's shovel and snatched it away, taking the opponent by surprise before he was cut through by a sword.

It seems he wasn't down yet, and punched ViralMan in the face. Growling, Viral finished the FarmerHeel off with a Heatshot to the face.

Collapsing, the FarmerHeel groaned, but then smirked as he saw something in the distance.

"This battle... *cough* ain't over yet.... boooooy..." the FarmerHeel moaned as he EJO'd.

What Viralman saw, after recovering his HP and putting up a shield, was what you could only call...

the "Shre-da."

Devastating machinery that resembled a motor-powered crop cutter, Viralman grimaced as he examined the thing coming his way. It seemed heavily guarded on the front and back and what's worse...

The WorkerHeel from before was riding it. Looks like he didn't run away for no reason.

"We're gonna get'chu good now! Right boss?" The WorkerHeel whooped, but got no response.

"B-boss? Where... No way!" the WorkerHeel screeched, prodding the machine to move faster. "You capped off Boss! Yous gonna pay for that!" the WorkerHeel growled angrily.

Despite all his threats, it seemed the "Shre-da" wouldn't speed up anytime soon, but it would be dangerous if you left it alone...

FarmerHeel: EJO'D

WorkerHeel: 10 HP [Riding Shre-da][2 actions away]
Shre-da: 500 HP [4-Hit Shield on Front and Back][Slow][Will possibly kill you by the end of the turn if you don't do something about it]

ViralMan: 70 HP [Sword: 4 uses][1-Hit Shield]
ViralMan stood gaping at the Shre-da, his mouth hanging open slightly. "Holy..." His mouth snapped shut and he took a few steps back. "This isn't good."

"No, it isn't," Zeo concurred, frowning. "This is what morality gets us, huh? And with three chips left. I don't know what we're going to do about that."

The Navi studied the display in his visor with a worried look on his face. "Thunder1. CactBall1. Shotgun," he listed. "We have no chance at destroying it," he said frankly. "Our only options are to defeat the worker and take our chances with whatever else happens, or get out of the machine's path and prolong the battle. This shield's useless, too," he said, tossing it away.

Deciding that he wasn't doing any good at his current position, ViralMan hoisted the Mystery Data in both hands and began to walk towards the Shre-da, weighing his options. "Obviously, we'll be using Shotgun to hit that HeelNavi. But what happens afterward? There's the chance it may simply continue in the same direction indefinitely, but that Navi could also be the only thing keeping it on a straight path. There's too many variables and not enough info." He was about halfway to the machine by now. ViralMan shifted his burden a bit and continued forward, now quiet. Zeo finally said what they were both thinking: "The only thing to do is take out that Navi and make sure we're out of the way when we do. Sending Shotgun," he finished, the tension in his face easing. "Whatever happens, we did our best in the circumstances. Shotgun, slot in!"

"Here we go," ViralMan said cryptically.

As ViralMan's arm transformed into a run of the mill buster, he made sure he wouldn't drop the Mystery Data and mentally steeled himself. To save the data, it'd be better to throw it over to the side. It was pretty durable. A half-dozen yards from the Shre-da, he put his improvised plan into action, sprinting to the left of the machine and tossing the data as far as he could to the left, away from the WorkerHeel's threat. Immediately after, he was able to gain speed and reach the side of the machine. The HeelNavi wouldn't take his actions sitting down, so to speak, so ViralMan quickly jumped as high as he could and once again punched out his Shotgun, a smile on his face. "Say goodbye!" he shouted, firing the yellow energy blast at the cockpit and the WorkerHeel. The kickback from the chip pushed him back in midair, and he landed close to the Shre-da's side again before pivoting on one heel and retreating from the monstrous machine as fast as he could. Stopping near the Mystery Data, he was at this point breathing heavily and turned back to the battlefield.

"Well, what did that accomplish?" he called out to no one in particular.

1. Approach Shre-da, take Mystery Data along
2. Approach Shre-da, take Mystery Data along
3. Shotgun to WorkerHeel (50, Spread 1)
4. Dodge/Run to safe distance
The WorkerHeel could only, unsuccessfully, prod the machine forward before ViralMan got in distance and blasted at Shotgun through the shield and defeated the WorkerHeel. The machine, sensing no one at the controls, just stopped after that.

The Mystery Data spun fast before shining and revealing...

FarmerHeel: EJO'D

WorkerHeel: EJO'D
Shre-da: 500 HP [4-Hit Shield on Front and Back][Slow][Unoperated]

GMD: GET

-VICTORY-
Get: 1500z
Mystery Data Reward: BubbleStar1