Science Busting!

Wiping the thin layer of sweat that had gathered on his brow, Zeo smiled wide and patted the PET. "Success! Now, what was in the Mystery Data? The HeelNavis left behind zenny.

ViralMan removed his helmet and placed a hand on his head. "We won, but we cut it a little close. I guess that's why we're doing this, so that doesn't happen as often." The Navi turned to the data as it opened, revealing chip data. "Great. Chip data," he revealed. "Sending it your way now."

Zeo watched as the chip popped out of the PET. Grabbing it, he read the chip's stats on the screen. "BubbleStar1. Aqua, traps enemies. Could be useful, and we're lacking in Aqua chips. Aside from that, you want to keep going? We'll be setting a personal record for number of battles if you do." the boy asked.

The Navi nodded, his helmet reappearing on his head as he did. He had since forgotton which way he'd been going, so he turned in a random direction and started walking.

((Battle 6, ViralMan.exe: 70HP))
Viralman walked deeper into SciLabs before almost getting hit in the face by a Cannon shot!

Appearing before him were two beefed up CanoGuards, and from what he could tell from the wind, a not-so-beefed-up WindBox.

Alongside these were two Champus, ready for a fight.

CanoGuardEXA: 120 HP
CanoGuardEXB: 120 HP
ChampuA: 60 HP
ChampuB: 60 HP
Windbox: 100 HP

Terrain: 100% Metal

ViralMan.exe: 70 HP

-BATTLE 6-
-GO-
Instinctively rolling to the side, ViralMan managed to avoid a virus' attack. "Go time," the Navi said confidently. "What do we have here?"

What they had was nothing he hadn't seen before, at first glance. However, the mounted cannons were more powerful looking, and the box spewing gales of wind was new. Despite it being new, he wasn't unduly worried, but instead mentally marked it as his top priority before beginning to converse with Zeo. "They don't look too threatening, but we should still be careful. That wind box virus has to go first, it could interrupt my other attacks," ViralMan said to his op.

"Alright. Need anything in particular?" Zeo asked, grabbing their most used chips.

ViralMan held up a fist and shook his head. "I'm going to start with my vulcan and finish it off after." On cue, ViralMan's arm reformed into a purple machine gun, which he grabbed with his other hand. "It would be a waste to fire the whole attack at the box, so a spread it is," he deliberated with himself. "First of all, I should get around it, the wind can't do anything there." He began to run wide to the right with the vulcan outstretched, and as he neared the WindBox, he started to rain bullets on one of the Champys. After a few seconds of continuous spray, ViralMan hopped sideways and aimed at the WindBox, sending the rest of its ammunition flying at the inanimate virus. With that finished, he set his sights on the reinforced Cannons.

"Those things aren't going to go down easily," he mused. "Heavy firepower it is. At least, that's what I'd say if we had anything that qualified as heavy firepower."

Zeo chuckled at ViralMan's quick joke before frowning in confusion. "Wait, weren't you going to take out the WindBox?"

ViralMan nodded. "RageClaw would work nicely here, if you please."

The boy complied, sending the chip into the PET and transforming ViralMan's hand into yet another weapon. His hand had now sprouted sharp, gleaming claws which the Navi raised for a strike. "Giant claws aren't really my style, but when it works, it works." In a flash he was charging the WindBox, the RageClaw poised dangerously in front of him. Once he got close again, ViralMan hurtled into the air and flipped over, bringing down the claws on the virus and proceeding to circle around the Champys, keeping his distance. He circled until he was within range of the CanoGuards, then prepared for another attack.

"Last move for now, Zeo. What do you think?" ViralMan asked.

With mock surprise, the boy answered the question. "What? You're asking me, the lowly operator, what to do?" He laughed. "Shotgun should work to damage both Cannons, and it's on the way." Loading the chip, Zeo saluted with two fingers and continued watching the battle.

ViralMan held out his hand in anticipation for the Shotgun, and shortly after doing so his buster appeared on his arm. "I think these things have shields...let's hope they don't use them." In a show of complete disregard for strategy or safety, he sprinted up to the CanoGuards and strafed around to their fronts for a moment. In that moment, he waved tauntingly to them and jumped over the viruses, back to where he'd been standing before. Whether they turned to pursue him or not, he let loose a burst of yellow energy at one turret with the intention of hitting both. His attack ended, ViralMan retreated several yards with a watchful eye trained on the Champys. He bent his knees slightly as a large yellow shield formed a barrier between himself and the opposing force.

That should be good for keeping the Champys away. ViralMan thought. Now viruses, it's your turn...

1. Viral Vulcan to ChampyB (30) and WindBox (60)
2. RageClaw1 to WindBox (40)
3. Shotgun to CanoGuardEXA (50, Spread 1)
4. Guard1 (Reflect 60 damage)
The vulcan blazed all over the place, but all three shots made its mark on the Champu and the Windbox. Seeing that the virus was weakened, ViralMan jumped right towards the Windbox with his claw ready, but the powerful gust of wind venting out literally repelled the navi far away as soon as he was inches away. The wounded Champu wanted revenge and took the chance to lay one-two punch on the navi when it was in mid-air! Once ViralMan got back on his feet, the shotgun blasted the two CanoGuards and reflected the returning fire with ease.

CanoGuardEXA: 70 HP
CanoGuardEXB: 50 HP
ChampuA: 60 HP
ChampuB: 30 HP
Windbox: 40 HP

ViralMan.exe: 50 HP
"That worked well. Most of it, at least. I still need to take out that box," said ViralMan. As the Guard broke and disappeared, he straightened and looked at the viruses. "None deleted, most damaged. Time to destroy some."

With a satisfied smile, Zeo casually tossed another chip into the PET. "Cannon. This time we'll avoid the wind, I hope."

ViralMan held up and arm and sighed. "It had a wider range than I was expecting, okay? I won't miss this time," he promised.

His arm now a green Cannon, the Navi carefully approached the WindBox, wary of more physical attacks from the Champys. He made sure to maneuver himself into a position out of the wind virus' fan range. From there, he quickly regarded the virus. "Really, who makes these things? I don't understand what would compel someone to make a fan virus. I suppose I should be grateful it doesn't do direct damage with the wind. Moving on..." ViralMan returned to the task at hand, standing behind the Windbox and firing the Cannon shot at it. "With the distraction out of the way, what to do now?" he asked.

"Take out one of the Champys and I'll send ElecReel to go after the rest," Zeo offered.

"That should work. However, I've been saying that quite a bit lately and it's rarely been the case. Send FireHit, I'll give those boxers a taste of their own medicine," ViralMan replied.

Wondering if he'd said that before, ViralMan clenched a fist as it burst into flame and punched his fists together. He immediately regretted doing so due to the burning pain in his other hand, but ignored it and pressed on. Holding up his fists like a boxer, he shuffled towards one of the Champys and waited to get close before executing a series of quick moves to confuse the virus and finishing the combo with with a flaming uppercut. His fist still in the air from the attack, he held the pose for a second then dodged sideways, putting the Navi in front of the CanoGuards. Obviously, this wasn't a desirable spot, so ViralMan continued to move until he reached the other side of the virus group.

"Time to cross our fingers and see how many viruses this lightning can chain," Zeo said, sending the ElecReel.

ViralMan readied himself for the weapon, which was slightly heavier than his usual equipment. "Cross our fingers is right..." he mumbled.

When the chip was finished loading onto the Navi's arm, he hefted it and began to back away from the CanoGuards. "I'm going to avoid stupid electricity puns, and nothing out of you, Zeo," ViralMan warned. Zeo frowned, as he'd been intending to do just that. "Fine," the boy responded dejectedly. ViralMan smiled and pointed the clawed orange device at the viruses. He activated it, sending who knows how many volts of electricity flying at the viruses. As soon as the attack ended, the chip disappeared from his arm and was replaced by a bomb. Without question, ViralMan ran forward a few steps and hurtled the MagBomb into the midst of the remaining viruses, hopefully ending the battle. With that, he backed up a bit, feeling weary.

"I hope that's the end of it, because I doubt I could dodge another Champy attack," ViralMan said tiredly.

1. Cannon to WindBox (40)
2. FireHit1 to ChampuA (60)
3. ElecReel1 to CanoGuardA/B and ChampyB (80)
4. MagBomb1 to ChampuB (30, Blast 2)

((Bump.))
The cannon fodder ripped through the power gust created by the Windbox and deleted it in an instant. The same could be said about the Champu, as ViralMan's tricky boxing also deleted this one. The navi was going nonstop with his attacks, but it proved to be the wrong decision. The flurry of electricity flew all over the place, but without a proper indication of where to target, it only zapped one of the CanoGuards and the rest was a miss. The MagBomb deleted the wounded Champu, but it left an opening for the surviving CanoGuard to lay a devastating fire right onto ViralMan's right thigh.

CanoGuardEXA: DELETED
CanoGuardEXB: 30 HP
ChampuA: DELETED
ChampuB: DELETED
Windbox: DELETED

ViralMan.exe: 10 HP [[b]CRITICAL[/b]]
"Agh!" ViralMan cried out, dropping down on one knee. "I was careless. Damn."

Eyeing the final virus worriedly, Zeo prepared a chip and spoke quickly. "ViralMan, you need to move before that thing fires again."

ViralMan rose from his kneeling position and moved his right leg around slowly. "Okay, I'm-ack," he flinched. "I'm good enough." As fast as he could in his condition, the Navi half-limped to the left, using his left leg mostly. However, it was unlikely that he'd be able to dodge much in this state, and he needed to end the battle soon. In the little time he had before the CanoGuard re-targeted him, ViralMan looked over his remaining chips and tried to decide on one. "The logical choice would be to simply shoot a Heatshot at it, but who knows. With my luck right now, it'll probably either miss or get interrupted somehow." He looked up at the virus again and shuffled more to the left. "A wind chip would come in handy to throw off its aim first, but since I lack that, I need to get close at the very least," ViralMan concluded.

Nervously, Zeo questioned him. "Um, you can barely move. Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure. You're exaggerating the damage," ViralMan replied.

"No, I'm not, but don't blame me if you lose," the op finished, slotting in a chip.

Starting off slow, ViralMan hobbled forward. "Thanks for the bout of confidence, Zeo..." he mumbled under his breath. A green ball fell from the sky just above the Navi and into his hand. A head-on approach wouldn't be ideal, so he set his sights on a spot to the left of the CanoGuard and tried to move faster, though it was painful. By the time he reached the virus he was still moving too slow, so to surprise the virus he stopped briefly, the CactBall gripped in one hand. "This battle is over!" he yelled, faking a throw and diving to the right. Seconds later ViralMan wished he'd dived to the left as he landed hard on his right thigh and bit back a string of curses as he chucked the spiky ball at the last virus and hopefully ended the battle. While it should have worked, he still got up with great effort and staggered backwards with renewed pain from his thigh.

"Damn, damn, damn, that hurt..." he let out his frustration in a low voice.

All Zeo could do was smile weakly and wait for the result of ViralMan's attack.

1. Dodge
2. Dodge
3. CactBall1 to CanoGuardEXB (20, hits two to four times)
4. Dodge
((...I don't see a point in bumping this, but since it being blatantly displayed on the main page doesn't work, maybe a pretty flashing thing will attract mods.

Bump.))
((Bump for satisfaction!))
The CanoGuard locks on and fires, but ViralMan limps quickly out of the way. Growling with all his might, the buggy navi throws a Cactball at the virus and...

...kills it.

CanoGuardEXA: DELETED
CanoGuardEXB: DELETED
ChampuA: DELETED
ChampuB: DELETED
Windbox: DELETED

ViralMan.exe: 10 HP [CRITICAL]

-VICTORY-
Get: Firehit1, 520z
"Over, finally. That took longer than it should have," ViralMan sighed, limping over to the reward data. "Hey, a new chip...oh. It's another FireHit," he finished with a bit of sadness in his voice.

"Cheer up, it's an okay chip. I think we'll go shopping a bit now. How much zenny do with have with the stuff those viruses dropped?" Zeo asked.

ViralMan brought up a list of their funds and battechips. "We should have about six thou-what? I think we're short one thousand," he noted.

"Oh, that?" the boy replied nonchalantly. "I picked up a good chip for a bargain price while you were fighting, don't worry about it."

While less money meant less upgrades, new chips were always good, so ViralMan decided not to protest as Zeo pressed a button and retracted him from SciLab Net in a beam of pale gray.