Find That Navi!

Continuing his search, Meltdown came across a strangeshow down of viruses. One side was a mechanical virus with a towering shield, in between a small group of Ratties, and the other end was a demonic faced virus. Of course, the very fact that Meltdown was a navi made the virus snap from what they were doing and pay their full attention towards him!

IronShield: 120 HP
RattyA: 60 HP
RattyB: 60 HP
RattyC: 60 HP
RattyD: 60 HP
ElecOgre: 120 HP

Terrain: 100% Normal

Meltdown: 120 HP

-BATTLE THREE, START!-
What the hell are those? remarked Meltdown as he pointed towards the group. Weird collection if you ask me.

Information database says the shield-bearing one is an IronShield, the four small critters with tails are Rattons, and the electric one with horns is an ElecOgre. replied Alan. According to the data, that's a nasty combination; you'd best take them out one-by-one.

Okay then... Eyeing off the enemies one at a time, Meltdown's gaze finished on the IronShield. You'll probably be the most problematic, you're going down first. he ran thought his mind. Firehit chip please.

Downloading. said Alan as he pulled the chip out of the case and slotted it into the PET. As it transferred to Meltdown, it manifested itself as the volcanic tube that pushed lava in and out of the many holes scattered along the cylinder.

One at a time... he reminded himself as he took aim at the Ironshield. As it began to glow, Meltdown's body seemed to excite itself along with the attack. Anticipating the sensation, Meltdown channelled the heat through his body as it gathered itself into its own seperate entity. Once the Heatshot had taken form and was at optimum capacity, Meltdown forced the blistering heat down the tube and out into the air. As it manifested its own form, Meltdown quickly emitted the spark of fire out of his body, allowing it to chase the Firehit and head towards the same target.

Did you control that? Alan questioned him.

I certainly did. Binder chip next please.

As the Binder reintegrated onto the net and fell into Meltdown's hand, he looked into its eyes. Somehow, it didn't have the same presence it used to; it suddenly felt... pliable.

I don't know why, but I've got the urge to squeeze you... he told the nonresponsive data. Clamping it into his hands, Meltdown pressure-fed an immense amount of fire into the small space, causing the Melody's skin to harden immensely. As he finished, he released his hands, exposing the result to regular air. A sudden hissing noise could be heard as his skin bonded with the surrounding environment and hardened even further.

What the hell was that? Alan wondered.

No idea, but maybe it'll score a couple more hits. Meltdown replied as he wound up his arm in a pitcher-style windup. Dig this! he yelled as he threw it in the same direction as the Firehit he'd thrown before it.

Watch out for the others. Alan reminded him. They're all capable of high-speed attacks.

Oh great. Meltdown muttered. That's all I need. Clenching his hands together, the fire-prone navi fixated his attention on the virii. What've you got?

[ATTACK PLAN]
[Fire Lv0-4] All Fire-type Battlechips +5 Damage
[A.Ab] Smash (Once Per Turn, Add Break-Effect To Battlechip)

[1] FireHit1 [(60+5=)65 Damage + Impact] => IronShield
[Passive] Heating Mismanagement [10 Damage => IronShield
[2] Binder1 [60 Damage x4 Hits (+ Break)] => 1[IronShield] 2-4[???]
[3] Dodge / Await Attacks

[NAVI STATS]
Meltdown: 120 HP / 120
Raising The Heat [2/2] Charged
Potential Fuel Source [1/1] Charged
(Bump #1)
When the Firehit was deployed towards the IronShield, the virus redirected its shield to the front, blocking both the flaming fist and the small fireball. Thankfully, Meltdown was prepared for this type of situation and threw a powered Melody virus at the virus, shattering its shield and getting a good smack. It continued hopping along, but it was only able to get one of the Ratty. The rest of the Ratty was fired up and one of the fired its missiles at the navi, but Meltdown had no problem dodging it. However, the same missile turned 180 degrees and rushed towards the back while another Ratty fired another one!

IronShield: 60 HP [Shield (Temporarily) Destroyed]
RattyA: 60 HP
RattyC: DELETED

MissileA: 50 HP [Coming from the back!]
MissileB: 50 HP [Coming from the front!]

(((OoC: There's some stuff in this post I've done that I'm not sure if I'm allowed to do. It's nothing outrageous, but if the mod has an argument against it, let me know.)))

Incoming! Alan alerted Meltdown as the two missiles closed in on his position.

Looking back, Meltdown uttered some rather harsh words. You mean these things come back?! he seethed.

Cannon, LilBomb and Guard chips coming your way. Alan responded before placing all three into the PET.

What do you want me to do with these? he questioned.

Use your imagination. Alan replied.

As the missiles came closer and closer, Meltdown kneeled down as the first chip selection reached his body: Cannon. Uploading itself into his arm, Meltdown jammed it against the ground and put his entire body weight onto the canister. As the data buildup raised itself to firing status, Meltdown closed his eyes as the Cannon tore up the ground in a giant blast, causing the navi to be thrown into the air.

As he hovered in the air, the second chip found its way into his hand: a Lilbomb. Magnified by Meltdown's own core data, it seemed to grow in size while still in his hand. As Meltdown opened his eyes and looked down, his gaze locked onto the same place that the missiles had been heading to. It was this location that Meltdown threw the bomb back down to the ground, in an effort to remove the current threats. With the close proximity to the enemy, it was quite possible that the blast would take down some enemies with it, but that was just wishful thinking.

As Meltdown headed back down to ground, the final chip downloaded into his body: Guard. Upon seeing it, a crazy idea ran through his head. Rather than allow it to position itself under his arm like normal, Meltdown placed his feet together, and deployed the shield under his feet. Landing rather harshly, Meltdown began sliding along the floor, acting like a snowboarder to avoid more retaliation.

[ATTACK PLAN]
[P.Ab] Mass Destruction (+1 Coverage To Area Battlechips)
[1] Cannon [Use Knockback To Launch Into Air]
[2] LilBomb [50 Damage + Blast(2+1=)3] => MissileA + MissileB + Anything else in range
[Passive] Heating Mismanagement [10 Damage /Fire] => Direction of Rattys
[3] Guard [Ride shield to maximise dodge capability]

[NAVI STATS]
((Everything is good...but I have to say that it's very...over done. You really could've used a single dodge with a good RP to evade the two missiles, but, Oh well.))

Meltdown flew up into the sky, promptly dodging the two Ratty Missiles coming at him. After throwing the Lilbomb straight down, it exploded with all over the place and destroyed the two missile. The explosion was much larger than the virus expected and a single Ratty was swept by the fire. Meltdown slowly descended with the help of the guard, which saved him from the ElecOgre's attack.

IronShield: 60 HP [Shield in front]
RattyA: 10 HP

MissileA: DELETED
MissileB: DELETED

Meltdown: 120 HP [Guard]
Narrowly avoiding an airborne spark, Meltdown kicked the back edge of the shield with his foot. Instantly flying forward, Meltdown somersaulted into the air, quickly pulling the shield off his feet and putting it back where it belonged: on his arm. As he landed, he noticed there were still five virii of the original six still remaining.

Hey Alan, your battlechips aren't killing much. he commented.

On the other end, Alan was moving through his chips, deciding what would be best for the next attack. Give me a minute, you've already used almost half of our folder.

Meltdown wait? Not likely. Some operator you are. Meltdown smugly remarked. Shotgun and Vulcan chips, please. he requested of his operator. Or have you misplaced them? he added.

Not likely. Coming your way. Alan replied.

Since Meltdown already had the Guard equipped on his right arm, the Shotgun manifested itself into his left. As it took form into the cold steel tubes, Meltdown felt the sensation he always did before fire expelled from his system. Rather than fight it, Meltdown allowed it to burn through his arm. The two seemed to cross-contaminate, leaving the pellets refined and much harder. As Meltdown pointed it at the Ironshield, a sinister smile crossed his face. You're gonna burn this time... he taunted as he released the torrential spray at the virus. This time the burst of flames released at the same time as the Shotgun, making the two forces look like airborne hell.

Wasting no time, Meltdown equipped the Vulcan. Watching the empty Shotgun realign into a revolving turret was quite interesting: two large cylinders becoming six smaller pivot-fixed ones. As the tubes began to spin, Meltdown looked for the Ratty with full health closest to the Ironshield. It was quite likely the previous attack had damaged it, but not to the point of deletion; a couple of damaging pellets should upgrade the rat to dead. Again, as he took aim and fired, Meltdown felt the thrill of releasing ammunition as it flew towards the enemy.

Releasing the empty chip data, Meltdown began to look for survivors. The mess in one corner of the field hadn't cleared, but there was still two virii definitely alive; yet another Ratty and the EleOgre. Pointing his finger at the pair, Meltdown began his run toward them. You're next.

[ATTACK PLAN]
Guard still equipped.

[1] Shotgun [50 Damage + Spread(1+1=)2 (+Break)] => Ironshield => RattyA + RattyB
[Passive] Heating Mismanagement [10 Damage /Fire] => Ironshield
[2] Vulcan [3x 10 Damage] => RattyB => RattyD
[3] Dodge / Move / Slide Guard back onto arm to move defensively

[NAVI STATS]
(((Bump, take one, aaaaand... ACTION!

Bump.)))
The IronShield's shield was thwarted by the shotguns powered by Meltdown's natural powers and left the virus open to the bullets and the fireballs. The stray shotgun pellets got a solid hit on one, but the wounded Ratty was much more elusive than usual and easily dodged the attack. Rattys fired another volley of missiles at the navi and Meltdown couldn't react and let the Guard deflect the attacks, destroying the other missile along with a virus. Vulcan was roared as the bullets rained down on the Ratty, and even with its heightened evasion, it wasn't able to dodge all of them. The ElccOgre charged up his horns to fire a stream of lightning at Meltdown, but he was able to dodge the attack in time.

IronShield: DELETED
RattyA: DELETED
RattyB: DELETED

Meltdown: 120 HP [Guard Destroyed]
As the pellets spelt doom for the Ratty, Meltdown swivelled around and did a quick head count. Two. The battle was finally turning in Meltdown's favour, although he'd been lucky enough to avoid being damaged numerous times now.

I don't know what you're doing down there, but damn, keep it up! Alan encouraged him.

When I figure it out, I'll let you know. the navi thought silently to himself. Heatshot please. he requested of his operator.

Meltdown analysed the situation. The two remaining virii were standing fairly close to each other. Nothing would predict that they would still be there for long, so now was the time to move. Instead of routing the newly-arrived battlechip into his arm, Meltdown instead concentrated on the mode switch as the swords on his back slowly merged and shifted to become the two grass-distributing cannons he'd installed into his base data.

That's only going to work if the change is in proximity. Alan pointed out, already aware of what his navi was about to do.

I know, that's why I'm doing THIS. As he uttered that last word, the two cannons hummed and whirred as it created the somewhat-dry material out of thin air. As the canister filled, Meltdown angled the aim to just in front of the ElecOgre and fired. Close enough for you? Meltdown taunted.

Don't get cocky. Alan muttered as he watched the navi through his network visualization window. Meltdown's arm suddenly began to glow bright red, cresting his buster out to include the new heat modulator that had somehow managed to find its way into the battlechip. Hopefully your enhancing ability will combine with the condensed spray to spread that damage even further. he added.

Only one way to find out. he chuckled as he allowed the Heatshot to reach maximum heat capacity. Hoping to catch the two remaining virii at once, Meltdown waited until his chances were highest. Upon releasing the data, Meltdown let rip the inferno that was a hardened Heatshot with increased dispersity upon contact. And, chasing right behind, was Meltdown's worst enemy.

I hate that thing. I hate it so much. he complained to Alan as he moved away from the explosion radius, preparing himself for whatever may come from the resulting explosion.

[ATTACK PLAN]

[1] Potential Fuel Source [Large Area Terrain Change /Wood] => ElecOgre
[2] Heatshot [(40+5=)45 Damage + Spread(1+1=)2 (+Break)] => ElecOgre{#} => RattyD{#}
[Passive] Heating Mismanagement [10 Damage /Fire] => ElecOgre{#}
[3] Dodge
{#} If on Wood panels, 2x Damage.

[NAVI STATS]
Potential Fuel Source [1/1 => 0/1] Depleted
(((1st EPIC BUMP)))
(((2nd bump.)))
When Meltdown planted the dried kindling, the Rattys and the ElecOgre immediately realized the navi's plan, but it was too late. The heatshot scattered all over the place, burning the virus with the help of the grass...but the ElecOgre wasn't affected by the terrains as he was floating up in the air. Meltdown studded to see that his plan wasn't so perfect, giving the virus that tenth of a second opening to fire his lightning bolt right on the navi's shoulder!

RattyD: DELETED
ElecOgre: 65 HP

Terrain: 83% Normal, 17% Grass

Meltdown: 90 HP
Electricity. The source of power for today's technology. The idea that a stream of excited electrons flowing from a source as excess could animate objects to move or think on their own accord. Who would have thought that such an ingenius invention could have so many practical applications?

Take for instance, transport. Thanks to electricity, instead of walking many miles on your own feet to a selected location, you can instead jump into a machine filled with luxurious seats and move yourself with no more effort than eye movement, hand turning and foot maneouvering. So little effort, and yet, thanks to electricity, this is now possible. Your co-ordination, along with the machine's usefulness, can turn electricity into forward movement. Amazing.

Your home, for example. Electricity can be used to power rods designed to radiate heat when mass amounts of electricity travel through them. Without heaters, many of today's population would not dare tread in many of the world's snow-capped locations. Ignoring that, what about winter, when your house is blistering cold and the only thing you have is clothes and a blanket? I bet you value your heater then.

And what about lights? Today's society would be in chaos if we all still used candles and lanterns to get around once the sun goes down. Driving at night would be dangerous; you would barely be able to see the road, let alone stray animals. Electronic lights have solved a host of problems that dark places create, and they would not be possible without... yep, you guessed it... electricity.

And finally, the pinnacle of today's society: the computer. Even if you were to sit on a electricity-generating bicycle and pedal as fast as you can, chances are you still won't be able to provide consistent power to keep a computer running for more than fifteen minutes. Computers absorb so much power, the heat that builds up inside is massive. All those fans are put to good use, but even then it's still fairly warm.

And who could forget the internet I roam on? The connection of many computers to create networks, that programs like myself can walk on, these wouldn't be possible without electric...

MELTDOWN! his operator's voice screamed at him.

Huh? said the dazed navi, breaking out of his spell. Noticing what his operator had just barked at him, Meltdown got cross. What?!

What the hell are you doing?! You've just been standing there with a dumb look on your face! Alan yelled again.

......I have? Meltdown was confused. Looking at his shoulder, he saw slight damage. Hey, what did this?

The Eleogre, who else? Alan replied sarcastically.

Huh? When? Meltdown asked, still dazed.

What do you mean, "when?" Just now! He took a shot at.... oh, never mind. sighed Alan. Just finish him off with the Magbolt. And take the Recover too. Alan placed both chips into the PET and placed the microphone on [MUTE]. Thank goodness I'm working on a partner; I swear, he's beginning to lose it...

Back in the world of Meltdown, the fire navi uploaded the Magbolt1 chip into his arm. Suddenly becoming electrified itself, his body got a large tingle through it as he clenched his fist. Hmm, nice... he stated. This will probably be more effective close-up though... Snapping out of his daze, Meltdown ran forward at the enemy, fist ready to fly. As the Recover landed into his cache, Meltdown jumped into the air, with the Ogre as his target. Flying forward and closing the distance between himself and his foe, Meltdown swung his arm and released the bolt with immense velocity. The Recover chip, not willing to sit in the cache, implemented its healing purpose while Meltdown waited to see if he was successful.

[ATTACK PLAN]
[1] Run forward into melee range
[2] Magbolt1 [90 Damage + Stun1 /Elec] => ElecOgre
[3] Recover30 [+30 HP] => Meltdown

[NAVI STATS]
Meltdown: 90 => 120 HP / 120
Potential Fuel Source [0/1 => 1/1] Charged
While Meltdown was in a haze, the ElecOgre tried to take the chance and swoop towards Meltdown. This was actually a mistake for the virus as the navi snapped out from his confusion and immediately prepared his Magbolt. Just before the ElecOgre was about to discharge another set of lightning, the electric punch made its mark and deleted the virus!

RattyD: DELETED
ElecOgre: DELETED

Terrain: 83% Normal, 17% Grass

-BATTLE WON!-
550z
As Meltdown slammed the last virus, the area became clear, and the path was visible once again. Stepping forward to grab a small amount of zenny, Meltdown began walking down the path once again.

Anything? asked the worried operator.

Meltdown glanced at his surroundings as he continued on. ......Nope, still nothing. he replied. All I keep hearing is a strange humming sound...

Humming sound? Alan pondered on that last part. That doesn't sound too good. Just keep moving, we have to find him.

You don't need to keep telling me, Alan, I know what I'm here for. the navi sighed as he pressed on.

[ENEMY DEFEATED]
Zenny: 1290 => 1840

[NAVI STATS]

[[[BATTLE 4, START]]]
(((RANDOM FACT: Everybody knows that some form of Metool appears in every series of Megaman, with some slight modification. But do you know why this particular creature? Let's compare just two things:
(1) Every version wears a helmet, in similar style to every Megaman.
(2) The blend of yellow/black colours compliments the blue/white colours on Megaman.
Why not?

Oh, and...

BUMP.)))
As Meltdown walked deep into the SciLab, he started to hear something crackling ahead of him. He didn't even take a single step forward to realize what it was when the viruses appeared in a blink of an eye in front of Meltdown. It was a group of Swordys handling the lethal elecswords and Yorts, spinning and revving their blades every second or so. These viruses was tough, but to make it worse, the ground beneath suddenly flashed in a dark light and turned into solid metal!

Swordy-EA: 90 HP
Swordy-EB: 90 HP
Swordy-EC: 90 HP
Swordy-ED: 90 HP
YortA: 90 HP
YortB: 90 HP
YortC: 90 HP

Terrain: 100% Metal

-BATTLE FOUR, START!-
As the Swordys and Yorts suddenly burst onto the scene, Meltdown was a little surprised. There was strength in the group, no doubt about it: electricity-wielding knights and machines that yo-yo'd razor-disks was not exactly a most-wanted on Meltdown's list. But just to cap off the moment, Meltdown suddenly felt a change as the floor underneath him swept out a style change and became rather solidified.

Alan? What is this? he asked, banging his foot on the ground. It made a rather tinnish sound to the touch.

Metal, remember? his operator replied. This isn't your first time operating on it.

Really? Meltdown sounded confused. Where was the first time?

Alan hung his head in disbelief. In Electown. Remember, your first didn't-get-hurt-while-busting?

I remember that, but the Metal panels are a blank... Meltdown pondered.

Doesn't matter. Concentrate, you've got bigger problems. Those Swordys will light up the panels and sizzle your ass if you don't get into gear. Your favourite combo, coming up. As Alan swung the two chips into the slot, Meltdown prepared to receive his "favourite combo". The Shotgun chip, while Meltdown was already considering calling "Old Faithful" began its integration into his right arm. As Meltdown's usually yellow hand morphed into a dark-gray buster, the bullets began gathering inside, ready to begin their journey to some poor target's system.

Meanwhile, Meltdown's left arm began to widen as the second chip began its transformation into the other arm. Meltdown's red and yellow made way for pure red as the Heatshot created an inner canister for manipulating heat energy into a physical form. The tip of his hand was now also changed into an open buster, except the inside glowed red, signalling the target to back off or wear the contents.

Any preferences? Meltdown asked Alan.

Take care of as many Swordys as you can, Meltdown. You can't take them all out, but do your best.

Done.

Oh, and BE CAREFUL. Alan stressed. Best case scenario, you still have 4 active and healthy virii ready to retaliate.

Merging the two together, Meltdown looked down the field. The Swordys were fairly close together, so with any luck, both chips should achieve maximum damage. Clashing the two arms together, Meltdown felt his chest burning with energy, as he usually did before launching any Fire-type attack. Ignoring it just for now, Meltdown angled the two busters toward each other, forcing the two to share the same exiting point. Making sure the direction was accurate, Meltdown forced the contents of each barrel out of both arms and into the field. Combining together, the two hazed together and created high-temperature spray bullets, each pellet with tiny flames as they headed towards the enemy.

They should be called MagPellets! Meltdown giggled to himself as he allowed the combustion inside him to materialise and fly into the chaos in front of him.

Keep alert, Meltdown! Alan reminded him.

Whatever, Alan. Hey, send me the Cannon chip. Meltdown requested.

Okay... said Alan as he loaded it into the PET. Mind telling me why?

The Swordys only attack when close-range, and the Yorts are more accurate in close-range too, right? Meltdown stated.

Yeah, so?

As the Cannon overwrote the Shotgun barrel in his arm, Meltdown placed the now-much-larger buster against the ground. Let's see how effective they are in mid-air. he said sarcastically as he unloaded the contents of his Cannon and flew into the air.

You know, that's not going to guarantee your safety. Alan corrected him.

You're right, it won't. said Meltdown as he flew through the air. But searching for navis is boring, and this... is fun!

[ATTACK PLAN]

### MagPellets
# [1] Shotgun [50 Damage + Spread(1+1=)2 (+Break)] => Swordy-EB => Swordy-EA + Swordy-EC
# [2] Heatshot [(40+5=)45 Damage + Spread(1+1=)2 /Fire] => Swordy-EB => Swordy-EA + Swordy-EC
[Passive] Heating Mismanagement [10 Damage /Fire] => Random Enemy
[3] Cannon [Use Knockback to launch into air]

[NAVI STATS]
(((Loves the miracle of Web 2.0 on my mobile.

Oh, and... BUMP.)))