Deliveryman Rapidman ((Netpolice Job))

"...Do I really have to do this? I was hoping for more of a...dangerous mission. delivering stuff is so boring." Rapidman complained to his operator, avoiding NAVIs whenever he could. Apparently it was embarassing to him if people found out about it.

"Im sorry Rapidman, but we are low on funds right now. We need this job. If its any consolation, the money we get is going towards chips and upgrades." Ross responded, trying to get Rapidman to understand. "I mean, if we refused a simple job like this, what would people think then? We wouldnt be able to get a job anywhere, let alone a Virus Busting job."

Rapidman, relunctant and frustrated, conceded Ross's point. "Fine, fine....but I still dont like it. Its so embarassing for others to think of me as some stupid deliveryman. Im capable of more than just this crap."
((Sorry, dude. I completely forgot about this.))

Rapidman's complaing it cut short, there is something in his way!

MarkCannonA: 60
MarkCannonB: 60
MarkCannonC: 60
KabutankA: 80
KabutankB: 80

RapidMan.EXE: 100

TEST YOUR MIGHT!
((No Problem :P. I understand theres a lot going on right now. Its easy to forget people.))

"Oh Yeah, now THATS what Im talkin' about. None of them Sissy Mettool either!" Rapidman shouted in excitement, staring down the numerous viruses. "Theres a lot of 'em too. Should be interesting! Shotgun, if you please!" Rapidman Requested, while Ross was more than Happy to oblige, slotting in the Shotgun Chip.

The deadly weapon formed around his arm, and Rapidman grinned, staring down the viruses. "And.....NOW!" Rapidman fired, hopefully timing it right to hit both Kabutanks, before turning towards a MarkCannon. Ross didnt need for Rapidman to tell him what chip to use next, as he put the Cannon chip through the slot.

"Its good to see that you didnt mess up this time!" Rapidman joked. Ross sighed, and turned a bit red in embarassment. "I...I didn't mean to give you Rageclaw that one time. It was just.... I choked. You were being beaten down by Viruses and a NAVI... I was scared." Rapidman didnt seem to like this comment, however, and shut up.

Rapidman twisted his arm a bit to lessen the recoil on the large cannon on his arm as he fired.

Turn Summary:

Shotgun: 50 Damage at KabutankA (And B?) Cursor Ability Snipe.
Cannon: 40 Damage at MarkCannonA
Prepare for Dodge
Both of RapidMan's shots land. A Kabutank fires, but Rapidman swiftly dodges. MarkcannonC locks on and fires, hitting Rapidman.

MarkCannonA: 20
MarkCannonB: 60
KabutankA: 30

RapidMan.EXE: 80
"Rapidman, we only have on-" Ross said before he was cut off. "Not now!"Rapidman spat, the Vulcan on his arm beggining to spin. Electric pulses becan emanating from it, soon forming into a rather large electric drill. The Weapon soon bursted out from the Vulcan, flying towards a MarkCannon, while Rapidman Jumped backwards.

"Now what was it that you wanted?" Rapidman asked, holding his hand up to his ear as if he had some sort of telephone embedded into his palm. Ross sighed, unsure if this topic would turn out very pleasant. "We only have one chip left, Rapidman. A Rageclaw."

Silence filled the air for a moment, before it was broken by Rapidmans voice. " Bring it." A shocked look appeared on Ross's face. "Did you-?" He was once again interrupted by Rapidman. "I said bring it." Not needing to be told thrice, Ross put the Rageclaw chip through the slot, as Rapidmans Vulcan was Replaced by the long, sharp claws of a bear.

"I hate these things" Rapidman sighed, looking at the weapon. He then charged at the weakened enemies, attempting to impale them on the natural blades.

Turn Summary:

Drill Shocker on MarkCannon B (70 damage)
Rageclaw on MarkCannonA (40 damage)
Rageclaw on KabutankA (40 damage)
MarkCannonB is Drillshocked. RapidMan then slashes the two weakened viruses. MarkCannonC tries to fire, but can't get a lock at this range.

MarkCannonA: DELETED
MarkCannonB: DELETED
KabutankA: DELETED

RapidMan.EXE: 80
"Hm. Looks like this old peice of junk is holding up. I guess it isnt TOO bad." Rapidman relunctantly admitted, looking at the claws where his Vulcan once was, and putting a little too much emphasis on the 'too'. "Well. Might as well use it as long as I have it."

Rapidmans feet began to dance around, not unlike what a soccer goalie might do, watching intently at the virii before him. Rapidman soon made a mad dash towards the remaining Kabutank, scraping the ground with the claws before he made two quick swipes at the virus, hopefully felling the virus and leaving only one more to deal with.

"We REALLY need to get some new chips. I cant stand this stupid thing! Its gonna be the first stop you make when we earn some zenny, ya got that, Ross?" Rapidman commanded, rather forcefully. Ross nodded, not a word about Rapidmans attitude escaping his lips. Ross's submissive side was winning the battle.

Turn Summary:

Rageclaw at KabutankB (40)
Rageclaw at KabutankB (40 (If not broken by then))
Prepared dodge
Rapidman get real value out of that old rageclaw. He manages to delete the Kabutank before it breaks. The MarkCannon, however, locks on and fires.

KabutankB: DELETED

RapidMan.EXE: 60 (Rageclaw broken.)
The Raceclaw disintigrated into particles as it broke, leaving Rapidman to sigh in annoyance. "Useless little.." He grumbled to himself, before he turned to face the lone virus. "Oh well. Might as well take my frustrations out on this thing." A grin crossed Rapidmans face. "Well, Ross? What are you waiting for?"

"Um..thats it. I told you that was my last chip." Ross responded. "Im sorry!" he quickly added. Rapidman smacked his head with his palm and sighed. "Alright then. No problem. I'll just take it out the old fasioned way!" Rapidman raised his Vulcan, which began to spin, and quickly fired out two bullets.

Turn Summary:

Rapidman uses his Vulcan Buster to attack MarkCannonC for 8 damage
Rapidman Prepares to dodge any oncoming attack.
Both shots land, and the MarkCannon sits idle.

MarkCannonC: 44
KabutankB: DELETED

RapidMan.EXE: 60
((Sorry for the wait, Writers block...sorta. Not that you probably mind, anyways XD))

Rapidman felt power flowing back through his arm as the charge from his last special attack seemed to be just about up. Rapidman flexed his arm a bit, while looking at the lone virus. "Well, kiddo, looks like this ones in the bag." Rapidman said with a smirk, tensing all of his muscles, as electrival discharge made its way to his vulcan.

The barrel of his vulcan started to spin rapidly, while two small bullets shot out of it. "Doesnt hurt to have a backup plan" Rapidman said, explaining the unneeded bullets. Soon, the illusion of a yellow, crackling, power drill was all that was left of Rapidmans buster, which made its way towards the Markcannon virus.

Turn Summary:

Rapidman fires out his Drill Shocker at MarkCannonC for 70 damage.
((Lol, no worries.))

Rapidman finishes off the viruses.

VICTORY!

Rewards: 400Z

The path is clear again.
Rapidman smirked, lifting his Vulcan up to his face, and blowing away the smoke that had been flowing out of it. "Piece of cake!" He said in triumph, picking up the zenny data the Virii left behind. "Now this is more like it! We've got some change in our pockets now!" Rapidman began to toss the money up and down, before uploading it to Ross's PET.

"So Ross, where exactly are we heading anyway?" Rapidman asked, just now realizing he had no idea where to go. "Can't exactly deliver this stuff if I don't know where to find where it is I need to deliver it to." Rapidman waited, but no response. "You DO know where we need to go, don't you?"

Ross hesitated, then shook his head. "All I know is that we are supposed to look for a green NAVI in the Scilab area. The BBS didn't mention a specific location." Ross said in a quiet voice, hoping Rapidman couldn't hear him that well. Rapidman closed his eyes and held the bridge of his nose and sighed.

"You really can be useless sometimes, y'know that, Ross?" Rapidman grumbled, before looking back up and scanning the area. "Ok. Heres the deal. Im going to head over to the NetSquare and ask around there. Someone there should know where to find this guy."

Ross became quiet, only nodding with Rapidman, as he headed off towards the SciSquare.
"Why hike all the way out to the Netsquare?" a voice behind RapidMan piqued up. "It'd save me the time of have having to watch you more."

Spinning around, RapidMan sees a Navi in a bright green lab coat.

"Now then, how about you give me what I've been waiting oh so patiently to arrive?" He asked curtly. "It's the last componet to Net Security System that I've been working on."
Rapidman raised an eyebrow a bit, staring at the NAVI who had approached him, thinking for a bit. "Well, you certainly have a way with words don't you?" He said in a sarcastic manner. "I had hoped you would be a bit harder to find. At least it would have been a bit more challenging." Rapidman sighed, holding out his hand, as a slight glow pulsated through his arm, and a pulsating orb of Data materialized and began to float in the palm of his hand.

Rapidman hesitated for a second, giving the SciNAVI a suspicious look. "You've been working on this, have you? I was under the impression you just recieved deliveries. Its what my data shows." He said, closing his palm around the orb, and pointing at his head where he stored most information. A small bit of binary could be seen passing through Rapidman's eyes, as if he was rereading the details of the mission.

"Heh. Sorry but you understand if this piece of data is what you say it is, its kinda important. So you dont mind if I see your Identification, do ya?" Rapidman seemed to be going overboard with the whole 'Netpolice Mission' thing, so Ross interrupted "Rapidman, dont let this whole thing get to your head. Its just a simple mission. The NetPolice would've handled this job themselves if someone was really after that data."

Rapidman rolled his eyes. "Ross, shaddap and let me do my job, willya?"
"Uh, Identification?" The green-coated Navi said, taking a step back. "He didn't say I needed... Uh... I mean..." he fumbled over his words, looking back and forth, obviously thrown for a loop. "BAH!" he yelled, opening up the labcoat and holding his hand over his face. "The boss didn't say nuthin' bout any ID. Guess I'll just take the lil' prog for meself, then." he said as he pulled his hand away, reavealing the sneer of a HeelNavi, armed to the teeth under his coat.

Leaping back, he cackled, "Bring it, boy!" as he hefted up a large cannon.

RapidMan.EXE: 60

HeelNavi: 200 (Cannon Equipped)
"Well well well!" He grinned. "And you said the Netpolice woulda handled this themselves if someone was after it.!" A gloating Rapidman commented at Ross. "Looks like you were wrong!" He seemed to be ignoring the situation at hand, not giving a second glance at the HeelNAVI.

"Can we talk about this later..? We have a bit of a situation here.." Ross said, quickly changing the subject, and giving Rapidman his own Cannon before he had a chance to give a witty response.

Rapidman stared down the HeelNAVI, cannon raised. He looked determined to take down the would-be thief, showing no fear despite being weakened by viruses. "You picked the wrong guy to mess with, and when you mess with the bull, you get the horns!" He cockily said. "You got one last chance to leave with your tail between your legs." Mind games. Demoralize your opponent and theres a greater chance of success, not to mention its damn fun.

Turn Summary:

Rapidman Equips Cannon and waits for the HeelNAVI to make the first move. (Shoot when enemy shoots. At the HeelNAVI's own Cannon blast if possible.)
Rapidman Prepares a dodge.
Rapidman Prepares a dodge.