H2-Ow

(adds 1 1/2 bumps to the thread)
Swimming further into the water, SplashLady noticed something else swimming around her and stopped. Narrowing her eyes, the mermaid shifted and flipped out of the way as Piranhas with erupted from the water and peppered her with tridents. The Piranhas resubmerged into the water, circling SplashLady.

Hmmm...

-Submerged-
Piranha2A: 120 HP
Piranha2B: 120 HP
Piranha2C: 120 HP
Piranha2D: 120 HP
Piranha2E: 120 HP

-Terrain-
100% Sea

-Mermaids-
SplashLady.exe: 265 HP

-BATTLE 2-
-ROGUE START-
For some reason, SplashLady hadn't consciously realized it by now. But now it just seemed obvious...Yoka's Rogue Net made its regular Net look like a desert by comparison. Of course, with the beefed up Piranha viruses now surrounding her, there was little time to appreciate the fact...but, unlike most Navis, she could use said fact always take the fight to them. And so she did, by taking a dive beneath the waves, allowing her to see them at eye level. "Guess we get an underwater battle, huh Sabrina?"

"Well, we COULD try to delete them from up top...but eh, that's not as fun!" Yep, there was truly nothing quite like battling in the depths. At least that's what the operator figured was the case for aquatic Navis. "Well, they've got us surrounded. Guess that means we should just break through the line! Battlechip, DashAttack! Slot in!"

The mermaid Navi's left hand faded, allowing for the formation of a Fishy virus in the space it usually occupied. Almost immediately, its wings spread, causing the attached Navi to be dragged along, albeit with full control over the direction they were soaring in. But, it seemed like kind of a waste to just blast through maybe one virus with a perfectly good attacking chip...so she tilted the green bird a bit left, allowing her to circle the entire group in an onrush of potentional pain. One revolution was all the attack had in it, though, giving SplashLady just enough to get away from the needle spitting fish. "There, that oughta weaken a few viruses!"

...Okay, that was NOT part of her gameplan. Needless to say, Sabrina was less than pleased. "Hey! That's not what you were supposed to do! ...But I guess there's no point in getting mad about it now. Fine, if that weakened them, go ahead and use this to get rid of a couple for good! Battlechip, AquaNeedle! Slot in!"

The Navi made a motion with her spear, as if deliberately pointing towards the viruses in order to tell someone else something. And the reason for it soon became clear, as a faint 'PLUNK' noise could be heard overhead. And then another 'PLUNK'. And a third. A look up quickly revealed the source: three needles had dropped from unknown origin, their path straight and true towards a trio of the Piranha, rushing to their appointed targets like they were missiles.

...Uh, shoot. Sabrina suddenly recalled the previous battle, where by repeatedly attacking, an Elewasp got a powerful shot in. Maybe it was better to call off the hounds before finishing the job? "Um, SplashLady? I think we should stop attacking for a minute, so you can focus on avoiding as many needles as you can..."

"Right!" She, too, wasn't a fan of seeing herself get stuck with razor sharp arrows. And so long as they didn't move too quickly, they should be coming from the same general direction. With that knowledge in mind, she started to prepare to swim in an according direction, to avoid the inevitable metal spears.

[Order of Turn:
1-Submerge
2-DashAttack chip attack on Piranha2A, Piranha2B, Piranha2C, Piranha2D, and Piranha2E (90, Impact)
3-AquaNeedle1 chip attack on Piranha2A, Piranha2B, and Piranha2C (20+15, Aqua)
4-Evasive swimming
5-MORE evasive swimming]
SplashLady commenced her attack, diving into the murky waters to do battle with the viruses.

Apparently the viruses didn't see this coming, but most of them definitely moved out of the way as SplashLady prepared her Dash Attack and rocketed toward them, crashing into only one virus.

The mermaid continued on her attack, sending Aquaneedles at three Piranhas and successfully skewering them for the moment. The surviving Piranhas did what they did best, fire needles, and boy did SplashLady swim away, one of them nicked her in the foot though.

[EVERYONE IS SUBMERGED]
-Viruses-
Piranha2A: 85 HP
Piranha2B: 85 HP
Piranha2C: DELETED
Piranha2E: 120 HP

-Terrain-
100% Sea

-Mermaids-
SplashLady.exe: 225 HP
Mental note: DashAttack's steering works slightly different underwater. Also it's easier to avoid. Yeah...in retrospect, that probably wasn't the greatest idea. "I think we need to rethink how we fight these guys..." But what else could they do? The underwater aspect was nice, but it didn't stop it from being trickier than regular battles. ...And what was that ticking her nose? Probably just some leftover swirling water from the DashAttack, but...ah! That gave her a very, very nice idea. "Sabrina! That AquaWhirl we got from the BlarghShark...did you put it in our folder?"

Sabrina dug through her chips for a moment, before pulling out one with a picture of a crab-like thing inside a water tornado. "Yeah, it's in there. Why?"

"Well, I got an idea. We could use it, and it could make a sort of whirlpool to suck in all the viruses!"

"Hey, that's a good idea! I don't think that'll work on its own though...that's why I'm sending this, too!" One chip, inserted. Two chips, inserted. "Battlechip, AreaGrab! Battlechip, AquaWhirl! Double slot-in!"

SplashLady vanished from her spot, instantly moving and reappearing around the group of fish viruses. She floated there for a second, before extending her arms to each side, her spear even joining in on the perpendicular angling. And then...she began to spin. And spin. And spin. Before long, it was difficult to tell there was a Navi in that location, due to all the swirling water surrounding her and distorting the vision of outsiders.

But would that alone be devastating to the Piranha2? The operator had her doubts. Time to add a little extra force to the twister. "Get your spear ready, I'm going to give this plan some more power! Battlechip, AquaSword! Slot in!"

Though it was virtually impossible to see, the mermaid Navi's spear head disappeared, making way for a razor sharp sword to tip it. With that, the vortex began to widen in varying spots, influenced by the extended blade. And thus the combo was complete, with the Navi spinning, hopefully sucking in viruses, and slicing them in twain. Unfortunately, it couldn't last forever, and so around the time the sword faded due to use, SplashLady herself came to a standstill. At least, her body did. Her insides felt otherwise. "Uhh...which way is up...?" The obvious, yet overlooked downside of creating a whirlpool out of oneself; she was now dizzy to ridiculous proportions. If any viruses withstood the underwater typhoon, she was nothing short of a sitting duck for their attacks...

[Order of Turn:
1-AreaGrab to near Piranha2 group (teleports user)
2-AquaWhirl1 in same spot as SplashLady, to create a whirlpool (70+15, Aqua, affected by wind)
3-AquaSword chip attack on 3 sucked in viruses (80+15, Aqua, Slashing)
4-AquaSword chip attack on 3 sucked in viruses (80+15, Aqua, Slashing)
5-AquaSword chip attack on 3 sucked in viruses (80+15, Aqua, Slashing)]
((AquaWhirl doesn't pull the viruses in...but I'm tired and blah blah blah blah))\

SUCKED IN PIRANHAS GOT SLICED AND DICED LIKE SUSHI AND SUCH AND GOT DELETED. HOWEVER, SPLASHLADY ALSO GOT INFLICTED BY HIS OWN TORNADO AND RECEIVED A HEFTY DAMAGE.

-Viruses-
Piranha2A: DELETED
Piranha2B: DELETED
Piranha2E: 25 HP

-Terrain-
100% Sea

-Mermaids-
SplashLady.exe: 140 HP
((AquaWhirl doesn't pull the viruses in...but I'm tired and blah blah blah blah))\

SUCKED IN PIRANHAS GOT SLICED AND DICED LIKE SUSHI AND SUCH AND GOT DELETED. HOWEVER, SPLASHLADY ALSO GOT INFLICTED BY HIS OWN TORNADO AND RECEIVED A HEFTY DAMAGE.

-Viruses-
Piranha2E: 25 HP

-Terrain-
100% Sea

-Mermaids-
SplashLady.exe: 140 HP
Dizzy, in pain, and otherwise reeling from being stuck in an underwater vortex for an extended period of time, SplashLady displayed her anguish by...pointing her spear towards the remaining viruses? "And I thought that was a neat idea, too...guess it didn't work quite as well as we thought...but it's okay! I'll beat these guys if I have to stab them with their own arrows!"

"Whoa, calm down!" Needless to say, Sabrina wasn't exactly used to this sudden fire in her Navi, regardles of form. "We still shredded some of them, and there's only two left. Just chill and we can end this!" Hmm...stabbing them with their own arrows? The own part wasn't exactly appealing, but sharp, pointy arrows seemed like a good idea. After all, she knew those weren't affected underwater. "...Stick to your own arrows, okay? But for now, let's heal you up! Battlechip, Recover120! Slot in!"

The aquatic Navi's body glowed, as the wounds from fish-based spears and self-created tornados were erased, and filled in with ordinary Navi goodness. "Thanks, I needed that to clear my head! ...Is it just me, or have we been using that a lot more lately?"

"Probably, since we've been checking out Rogue Nets...but let's worry about that afterwards, okay? Now, for those arrows...Battlechip, DoubleNeedle! Double slot-in!"

The mermaid Navi's free hand reformed into a bow-gun, which was chosen to be positioned towards the Piranha2 twins in lieu of her default spear. She knew the drill: take aim, and fire. And thus, two metal spears flew from the hybrid weapon towards the weakened fish...but it hadn't been expended yet. The process was repeated, with a second pair of needles sailing through the water towards the remaining virus.

"And here's a little sharp, pointy backup! Battlechip, TwinFang! Slot in!"

The bow transformed back into the Navi's standard arm, albeit with a dentin-rich projectile on each side. Once more, there only needed to be pointing, clicking, and shooting, so that the pair of tusks could be released and rocket towards the final two enemies. All in all, far less visually interesting than the whirlpool plan, yet arguably more effective. But that had yet to be seen, so she started to prepare herself in case something other than her still remained.

[Order of Turn:
1-Recover120 chip on SplashLady (120, Recovery)
2-DoubleNeedle chip attack on Piranha2D (50, hits twice)
3-DoubleNeedle chip attack on Piranha2E (50, hits twice)
4-TwinFang1 chip attack on Piranha2D and Piranha2E (70)
5-Evade]
The rest of the virus was being pressured by SplashLady, but they attempted a desperate attack just before they were deleted. Multiple shots, approximately 6 shots, was heading towards the navi and she wasn't able to dodge all as one shot right through her left leg. In retaliation, the navi gave no mercy to the viruses and they would never see the daylight once more...

-Viruses-
Piranha2D: DELETED
Piranha2E: DELETED

-Terrain-
100% Sea

-Mermaids-
SplashLady.exe: 220 HP

-BATTLE WON!-
1650z
...Why did they keep hitting her leg? That was getting really, really annoying...not to mention really, really painful. But at least they were all toast, so SplashLady took the opportunity to relax as she gather the remaining data and send them to her operator's PET. "I didn't notice any chip data signatures in the data...but I think we got enough cash that no one's going to mind!"

...Ooh, that was a pretty nice total considering they only deleted 5 viruses. "Yeah, I think I'll deal. All right, here's the cash situation. Right now, we've got 14000z towards your last speed upgrade. But, I just sold one of our extra chips for the extra 1000z. So, looks like we can get you it without having to fight again! And with the way Rogue Nets are, I don't think we should push it."

"Okay! I guess you want me to jack out now, huh?"

"Yeah, it's hard to go somewhere else with you still in the Net."

There was, oddly enough, no response to that. But when the Navi in question was already exiting the Net proper, it was probably hard to do so.

(back to real world Yoka)