Dream On, Sleepy Town

Darkness had befallen ACDC net. Not the sort of a great evil or that proceeding an ominous event, simply the great cloak of shadows that had been created as a cheap imitation of the pitch black night of its namesake town. Yet, although the net was as it usually appeared during the day; empty imitations of quasi-ACDC homesteads, cheap copies of the famous statues of ACDC Park, complete with digitalised graffiti, there was a certain eeriness imbued by the relative lack of people.

"This network is crazy, Baby!" , Soul called out into the vast emptiness, his various golden trinkets gleaming with a dull lustre in the low light, "I've never seen anything like this before!",

"Why?", came the faint reply from his chilly operator; the howl of the wind had threatened to obscure her words from the PET,

"It's the size! I've never been let loose in a network this large before...", the bedazzled navi replied, his zeal fading to a gentle awe with the closing of his words.

Continuing through the deserted network in silence for the best part of 15 minutes, Soul had discovered that behind the facade of calm, the network still teemed with all sorts of life; many a navi seemed to be engaged in battle with a veritable horde of different viruses. From those who didn't know the blasting end of a Cannon, to those who wielded terrible powers that wrenched the very life from the viruses they happened to glance at, ACDC net turned out to be a proving ground for those who wished to cut their teeth. This odd tour roused a strange, slightly voyeuristic bloodlust within the Navi, yet he found himself at odds with his new philosophical position. Whilst he settled his inner turmoil, his keen-eyed operator provided the much needed comment to settle his nerves, "This violence... It's so sad...",

"Damn straight...", came the slightly sullen reply.

Continuing his stealthy amble through the calm and the crazed, Soul sort his destiny, his purpose, his reason; Soul sought his first encounter.

[Seeking Encounter 1?]
As Soul battled his inner demons, the night gave forth its own demonic terrors. Two helmeted creatures lurched forward slowly towards the Navi, dragging their pickaxes in decaying hands/attached spheres that indicated where their hands would be if they had proper hands. Their yellow helmets were dented and rusting. A pair of ghostly apparitions with skull masks and long tongues followed them.

-Viruses of the Living Dead-
MetoolA: 40HP [Zombie]
MetoolB: 40HP [Zombie]
SpookyA: 30HP
SpookyB: 30HP

-Spooky Terrain-
100% Normal

-In Possible Turmoil Navi-
Soul.EXE: 150HP

-Battle 1: Start!!-
"Whoa!", the retro navi exclaimed, arms windmilling backwards with an accompanying stagger so overly dramatic, an amateur actor would likely cringe at the display. Coming to a halt with a powerful pirouette, Soul spun to a stop, continuing his words with a similar zeal, "These cats know how to lay on a welcome!". The situation was tense and as per usual, Soul was trying to lighten the mood. There was a time not so long ago when the navi would have immediately dropped into a battle stance, called for some ammunition and laid waste to the approaching quartet, however things have changed. What can I do? There must be something I can exploit..., the navi thought with haste as his eyes darted from one form to another. It was just at the point of complete frustration when the navi spotted the decrepit look of the viral group ahead.

Approaching with a nonchalant saunter, Soul called out to the group ahead with a friendly wave, "You don't look so healthy, kitty cats", unsure of whether his message was comprehended by the others, Soul called out to his operator, "Willow, send me that cannon chip",

"But you promised...", the young girl replied, her usual monotony wavering under the strength of her feeling of betrayal, yet before she got any more ideas, Soul clarified things,

"Don't worry Baby, I won't use it on these virii, they need my help", Soul replied, his voice brimming with confidence. The navi ceased his approach a few moments later, coming to a complete stop still a respectable distance away from the group. Summoning the cannon in his hand, Soul slowly crouched and placed it on the floor, "You guys look like you could use a helping hand, you don't look so healthy", he then gave the cannon a gentle nudge along the floor towards the side of the nearest Metool, "So how's about we join forces and look for a cure together? I'm not into the whole Navi V Virus dynamic anyway, it's just not cool, man", and as he said that last part, the middle aged figure held up a hand towards the Spooky viruses, his face plastered with a bright, welcoming grin.

Actions

1) Approach viral group
2) Place Cannon (60 + knockback, Null A acc) on floor and slide it towards the side of MetoolA
3) Extend a hand of friendship
The zombie Metools stumbled over the digital cannon and fell on their faces. As they attempted to right themselves their heavy helmets caused them to wobble and sit down, slamming shut on the ground and hiding them from the Navi. The last two Spookies saw this and laughed.

MetoolA: 40HP [Zombie] [Guarding]
MetoolB: 40HP [Zombie] [Guarding]

-Spooky Terrain-
100% Normal

-In Possible Turmoil Navi-
Soul.EXE: 150HP
"That was unexpected...", the only reply a confused navi could announce in the face of a troupe of decaying, comical virii and their attempts to interface with a cannon. Watching the farcical response, Soul couldn't help but contemplate the intelligence of his foes, I guess they aren't as smart as I gave them credit for..., he then sighed and arched his head towards the gloomy net sky, "Hey Baby, I don't mean to sound like a square but we've got a bite for a mission, do ya mind if I make like a banana and split?",

"I guess so...", came the faint reply from Willow, her words were swift but the emotion behind them caused a tangible change in Soul's disposition; he could feel the disappointment in her voice.

With the smile well and truly wiped from his face, Soul returned his attention to the silly troupe ahead of him, "I'm sorry fellas but I've gotta dash, sorry for being such a square but I have to attend something", he then struck an awesome pose, one arm thrust into the air, the other towards the ground beside him, completed with a hip thrust of such magnitude that his very form seemed to split in two, sending a handsome decoy vaulting at great speed towards the ghastly quartet. Using the distraction he has hoped to be afforded, Soul attempted a dashing escape into the vast network ahead.

Actions

*Clone Technique: As a free action, create a Decoy of yourself. (Once Per Turn)
1) Escape!
2) Escape!
3) Escape!
The Navi had no problem retreating from the... battle? in a beam of light.

MetoolA: 40HP [Zombie] [Guarding]
MetoolB: 40HP [Zombie] [Guarding]

-Spooky Terrain-
100% Normal

-Totally Fine Navi-
Soul.EXE: 150HP [Fled]

~Battle 1: Fled!!~
Far above, the wind was beginning to die down, revealing the eerie calm more befitting a small town park in the wee hours. The young girl pulled her makeshift shelter closer, without the wind's harsh caress, the child felt more isolated than she had ever felt before. Back at the institute, Willow had taken part in countless battle, threat nullification and harsh condition simulations, yet the reality of it all was far more daunting.

"What do we do now?", she whispered into the PeT, wishing to leave the night undisturbed,

"Don't worry baby! We've got a bite! You'll be chowing down in no time!", Soul replied, full of charisma, he had long since outpaced the shuffling horde and was back in clear netspace once again, "I just have to transfer over to the meeting spot", and with that, the navi exploded forth in a beam of vibrant green light, disappearing into the void above.

[Transfer to Internet City]