In Pursuit of Strength

Fictious looked on as the new viruses appeared, "Something interesting this time...nice. It's a shame that it will be so quick, but..." He shrugs.

Morin looks down at his PET, having snapped back from his moment of instability, "Excellent. I'll send the chips."

Chip data unfurls in Fictious's mind and he smirks. For a moment, he seems to struggle with himself. If he says what he wants to, it would be a victory for his partner. If he doesn't say it...but he just has to. The timing is perfect.

Activating his newest chip, which he was very happy to have received, he stares out at the viruses. The two Beetanks are protected by the Oldstoves and their wall of fire, but he can still tell where they are pretty precisely. The two Oldstoves themselves are just behind the flames, and he carefully focuses in on one of them.

Keeping the locations of his three targets in mind, he hurls the Numberball. He remembers thanking the Cannondumb who had shot him earlier. Without that, he wouldn't be able to do this.

Raising his voice to a moderate level, he speaks to no one, emphasizing each word individually, "Just. As. Planned!"

The Numberball splits in three, which are flying for the two Beetanks and one of the Oldstoves.

'Luckily,' he thinks, 'none of them are particularly quick. But even if they survive that, I'll still win.'

His internal monologue is interrupted by his Operator's cackling...well, that may be a stretch, but it wasn't a chuckle, "Just as planned? You actually...*laugh*...said that!? You do realize that you just gave me a victory, right!?"

Ficitous sighs, "So Drama wins over Reason this time. It's not the last time the issue will come up, so calm down. It will be my win, next time. For now, just send me the shotgun, alright?"

Morin sighs audibly, "Fine, ruin my moment. Here's your chip." He slots the Shotgun Chip into the side of his PET.

Smiling, Fictious opens the Chip Data. The familiar emerald shotgun replaces his arm in a flash of green light. Quickly locating his target, he fires his newly crystallized weapon at the remaining Oldstove with hopes of ending this battle with haste.

Summary

1: Take Aim

2: NumberBall1[Null 85 x 3 Targets]; Accuracy C (+Take Aim) @ BeetankA, BeetankB, and OldstoveA

3: Shotgun[Null 50+Spread1]; Accuracy A @ OldstoveB

Signatures:

Climatic Finish: Ready
(bump)
(bump)
Ignoring the thread altogether, Fictious went on and attacked the viruses with fearless determination. The Numberball, surprisingly decimated the three viruses instantly, causing the lone Oldstove to... freak out. With nothing left to do, the virus fired a stream of flame towards the navi, burning his body a bit, but it sure didn't stop the Shotgun from making a bunch-of-holes on the virus!

OldstoveA: DELETED
OldstoveB: DELETED
BeetankA: DELETED
BeetankB: DELETED

Terrain:
80% Normal
20% Cracked (Random)

Fictious.EXE: 70 HP

-BATTLE WON!-
400z
Sighing as he collected the Zenny from the remains of the viruses, Fictious couldn't help but regret that fight. It had been a good victory, minor burns aside, but he'd missed out on a chance at an excellent battle.

Morin was more optimistic, "That was excellent. 400 more Zenny for us and a quick battle."

"Yeah, I guess. Still, not much of a thrill though."

Morin smirked, "You'll have your chance soon enough. For now, just be happy with your victory." His expression became more grim as he continued, "You took a real risk there, though. Ignoring those viruses could have led to more than a mild burn."

Twitching slightly at Morin's words, Fictious countered, "I took a risk? Last time I checked, your were laughing at my dramatic indulgence, not telling me to slow down, be careful, or dodge the damn jet of fire!"

Properly rebuked, Morin flinched, "Fine, you win. We both were reckless. Let's try not to let that habit continue..."

He suddenly straightened, barking a laugh, "Who am I kidding? Neither of us is made for caution. You're too excitable and I'm too insane. Let's head on ahead. The next battle will be more entertaining for you, I promise."

As Fictious strode deeper into ACDC Net, he couldn't help but note the absurdity of seeking danger in a virtual suburb. On the left, a two-story home. On the right, a smaller building with a dog house. Up ahead, ferocious entities devoted to bringing ruin upon anyone they met.

Suddenly, Morin's quiet cackling seemed far more appropriate.

[Awaiting Battle 4]
[Yes you should continue to bump, as sometimes you might not be listed as needing a mod on the modding pad. That said sorry for the long delay, I've been having a lot of things in real life taking my time. No idea where all the other mods are or why they stopped doing their job, I'll try to make sure you don't have to wait so long in the future.]

Venturing deeper into the network, Fictious would stumble upon what seemed to be a blockade, as two guardian towers stood behind what seemed to be living plant creatures with spikes. To finish and round out the blockade hopped a flappy eared creature in a headband that took on an odd little smile as it bounced in front to block the navi's way.

Enemies
Cacty A: 70HP
Cacty B: 70HP
CannonDumb A: 50 HP
CannonDumb B: 50HP
Powie: 60HP

Terrain
100% Normal

Ally
Fictious: 70HP

—Battle 4, Start!—
[It's good to see you back, Morisha. Thanks for both the information and the moderation.]

Staring out at the newest encampment of viruses, Fictious tensed, "Um, Morin, five might be a bit much."

His operator, who was carefully looking over his Chip Folder, quirked an eyebrow and letting his voice take on a mischevious tone, "Really? I thought you wanted a thrill..."

Fictious glared into thin air, continually irritated by Morin's lack of a visible presence to direct it at, "...Morin...what are you thinking of doing? I know that tone of voice..."

Morin smirked, "Now that would be telling. For now, try to take out those Cactus-viruses...and the Cannondumb, I think."

He quickly slotted in a pair of chips. Online, Fictious unlocked both pieces of chip data.

In his left hand, a yellow shield with a plus sign on the front manifested in a flash of light.

In his right, the Numberball flashed in, the number 70 depicted in glowing letter on its side.

Bringing the shield up in front of him, he located his targets. With a careful toss, the Numberball went flying.

It split into three in midair, one heading for a Cannondumb, the others for the two Cacty pair.

With the Numberballs deployed, Morin slotted in one last chip, "Here, you'll need this."

Fictious, caught off guard by the suddenly delivered chip, hesitated before opening it. Red crystal formed around his hand into the now familiar shape of his Rageclaws..or claw, in this case. His other hand was occupied by the Guard chip.

"Wait...why are you giving this to me right now? Wouldn't the Shotgun...?"

"I've decided to give you your much-desired thrill. Thus, I will be leaving you to your own devices for a moment."

Fictious grit his teeth, snarling at his operator, [color=purple]"What the hell!? Why the-!?"

Morin's calm demeanor didn't even flicker in the face of his Navi's rage, "If you must know, I'm going to pick up an upgrade for you. I'll be back soon enough."

Fictious felt his connection suddenly cut off as Morin slipped his PET into a security slot on the wall-a feature found occasionally at public ports-and hurried towards the store.

Sighing in exasperation, Fictious lunged towards the Powie who stood in his way. Ruby glinted with internal light as his claws slashed down at the virus.

Summary:

1)Guard1[(1 Hit Shield) + (Reflect(Up to 60 + Piercing + Line Attack): On Hit); Accuracy S; Negated by Break; Ignores Impact; Blocks Debuffs
2)NumberBall1[Null 70 x 3 Targets]; Accuracy C @ CactyA, CactyB, and Cannondumb A
3)Rageclaws [5/6] [Null 40 + Slashing (Attack) OR 20 + Impacting (Throw)]; Sword Type; Accuracy B/B; @ Powie

Morin: Away from PET to make purchases. No operation for four turns (leave ACDC, enter shop and make purchase, leave shop, edit sigs).
[Quick note: Rageclaw only needs one or the other attack list, depending on how it is going to be used. If you plan to simply attack you use the 40 Null + Slashing. If you plan to grab the virus/object/etc, you use the 20 + Impact and select a second target for the first to be thrown at, also, you missed one of the [/color] closers in one of your lines, just fyi ;).] [Secondly, when you abandon a navi, you should go make your real world posts as well, upgrades can be done, but won't apply until the end of the battle, the number of real world posts you do(not counting edits) equals the number of turns the navi goes without access to battlechips, Generally this is 2 when making a shop trip, 1 to place order, second for pick up/leave shop. But if you plan to visit more than one place, then it'll be more turns without access to chips, just letting you know.]

In a surprise twist of fate perhaps, the navi was loaded up then left to his own devices and skills while his operator took off to go buy them some supplies, and while that would no doubt help in the long run, in the short turn of here and now, it left the navi in a real tight spot. With no operator it meant being limited to what he had on hand now, his signatures, and his buster!

Still, he took it like a champ and used the attacks his operator had given him, hoping to deal with the battle quickly he summoned up three mighty balls and sent them rolling across the field, sadly two of them seemed to have found a path in the road and veered off target, missing completely, while at least the third stayed true and exploded on impact, deleting the virus outright.

Next the navi charged forth, giving a painful slash to the Powie virus, but it was far from deleted, so all he could do was ready his shield and hope for the best.

And those hopes were promptly dashed to bits when the viruses began their assault, starting with the rolling spiked heads of the cacti, and while he easily managed to deflect the first blow, which even sent a shockwave out striking both it and the next. The second one still slammed into him hard, causing damage(-10), but it seemed to be a Godsend as the impact caused the Powie to fall just short of slamming into him and putting a real hurting on the solo navi.

Enemies
Cacty A: 60HP
Cacty B: 60HP
CannonDumb A: Deleted
Powie: 20HP

Terrain
100% Normal

Ally
Fictious: 60HP [Operatorless, 2 turns No battlechips] [Rageclaw 5/6 Uses Remaining] [Guard1: Broken]
[Does that also apply to OOC posts like Sig Registration?]

Still furious at Morin, Fictious attempted to get his temper under control and formulate a strategy.

'Okay, maybe if I...' He quickly grabbed for the Powie with his RageClaw, trying to hurl it at one of the Cactys despite its size.

Hoping for success, but not counting on it, he threw himself towards the same Cacty, attempting to put it between him and the Cannondumb, and slashed at it with his claws.

Glaring aimlessly, he shouted at the general area in fury, "MORIN! GET THE HELL BACK HERE!

Summary:

1) RageClaws [5/6] [Null 20 + Impacting (Throw); Accuracy B] @ Powie (Thrown @ CactyA); -1 Durability; 4 Uses Remain

2) Movement: Use CactyA as impromptu shield from Cannondumb B, while simultaneously getting close.

3) RageClaws [4/6] [Null 40 + Slashing (Attack)]); Accuracy B] @ Powie (Thrown @ CactyA); -1 Durability; 3 Uses Remain
(Bump)
((Does not apply to any OOC posts))

Luckily, Fictious managed to grab the virus before he could transform into his heavy, weighted form. One could easily hope that perhaps it would change mid-flight, giving it more impact when it smashed into another enemy, but sadly things didn't work out quite that well. Still, the Powie exploded into junk data when it connected, so the basic intention worked out. The fact that all of the remaining viruses were rooted to the ground played to Fictious' advantage, as he managed to use one as cover from the attacks of another.

The navi's claw attack cleaved one cactus in half, deleting it handily. Unfortunately, while the Cannodumb had abated its attack for lack of a line of sight, the other Cacty had no such impediment. When the green, spiked ball collided with Fictious, the sting of the cactus spines was especially potent due to the element of the victim.

Enemies
Cacty A: DELETED
Cacty B: 60HP
CannonDumb A: DELETED
Powie: DELETED

Terrain
100% Normal

Ally
Fictious: 40HP [Operatorless, 1 turn No battlechips] [Rageclaw 3/6 Uses Remaining]
[Thanks.]

Fictious rubbed at his side, where the Cacty's attack had left a web of cracks across his crystalline form, said wounds centered around deep holes where needles had been driven straight into his body. White light shined from the wounds, the energy within barely contained. He cringed at the damage, thinking aloud, "That was a dumbass mistake to make. I have to remember that elemental disadvantage in the future."

Not wanting to remain immobile for a moment longer, Fictious hurled himself towards the second Cacty, reusing his earlier strategy and planting it directly between himself and the Cannondumb.

Wary, but unable to really dodge anywhere-seeing as it was also serving as cover-he unleashed a violent series of slashes with his RageClaw, wanting the Wood-elemental monstrosity safely deleted.

'Morin, you had better hurry back...this is getting close.'

Summary:

1)Use CactyB as cover from CannondumbB.

2)Rageclaw [3/6] [Null 40 + Slashing (Attack)]); Accuracy B] @ CactyB

2)Rageclaw [2/6] [Null 40 + Slashing (Attack)]); Accuracy B] @ CactyB
Dashing forth, Fictious' plan to use the plant creature for cover had at least seemed like a good idea at the time, but for some reason the cannon virus didn't seem to fall for it. And while the Cacty started to ready an attack as well, his quick claw slashes deleted the virus before it could smash into him again.

This however left him wide open once more, and with the open shot available once more, the cannon let loose a blast that slammed into the defenseless navi.(-20)

Enemies
Cacty A: Deleted
Cacty B: Deleted
Powie: Deleted

Terrain
100% Normal

Ally
Fictious: 20HP [Operator can now return and offer chips once more]
The devastating cannon shot hit Fictious-hard. Finding himself on the ground, he checked himself over.

His chest was badly damaged, his crystalline armor cracked horribly.

'One more shot like that, and...'

"Fictious! I'm back, and I'm sending Chip Data! It is not yet time for you to be defeated!"

Too relieved to be angry (for the moment at least), Fictious called back to his operator, "Perfect timing, Morin. This was getting far to close!"

Outside, Morin was pale as he looked down at his partner's HP, "I cut that far too close. There's always EJO, but that isn't perfect...no. I can't think about that. For now, we have to win!'

Online, Fictious through himself to the side in hopes of keeping the Cannondumb from locking on to him. Still moving, he unlocked the Chip Data he had been sent.

'It all comes down to this. I've got two shots-I need to make them count.'

His right hand glowed, rearranging itself into a long crystalline barrel. Emerald light set it aglow as he quickly took aim and fired the Shotgun directly at the Cannondumb.

In the same breath, his left hand came alight with golden lightning. Gesturing towards the menacing machine, he put his trust into his last shot-his Marublaster.

Hopefully, he wouldn't need it.

Summary:

1) Dodge

2) Shotgun[Null 50+Spread1]; Accuracy A @ Cannondumb B

3) MaruBlaster[Elec 60+Glitch]; Accuracy B @ Cannondumb B
With his operator finally returning, the navi seemed to get some renewed energy, and the aspect of new weaponry made shooting the last virus full of holes and deleting it a simple matter. Finally the navi comes out victorious!

Enemies
Cacty A: Deleted
Cacty B: Deleted
CannonDumb B: Deleted
Powie: Deleted

Terrain
100% Normal

Ally
Fictious: 20HP

—Battle 4, Victory!—
Fictious: 525z
With the battle ended, Fictious finally had the opportunity to indulge his rage. As he spoke, his voice rose from a whisper to a ferocious storm of emotion, "Morin...what...were....YOU....THINKING!!! I could have been DELETED if you had arrived any later!

While outwardly calm, Morin was internally quite stricken by his partner's words. He knew he'd been hasty, but to hear it put so blatantly was...terrifying. Still, he couldn't let himself show how much it bothered him.

"You're right. I may have been rather reckless. I did have a good reason, however. I used that time to buy you a process upgrade, as well as to upgrade your abilities. The installation process is going on as we speak."

Sighing at his operator's apparent calm, Fictious decided to move on. Turning his focus inward, he couldn't deny the rush of new power flowing through him from his process upgrade.

Just a moment later, information on his new Signature Attacks was uploaded into his mind. Eagerly, he unfurled the Data. In an instant, his new capabilities and the details of their use became clear to him, and he smiled.

"Excellent. Let's hurry, Morin. I'm want to try this out." He started deeper into the net.

Blinking at his partner's mood swing (and relieved by it, as well), Morin quickly spoke, "No, not yet! First..."

He quickly took a chip from his pocket, "Here, I'm sending a Mini Energy subchip. You're right-I was reckless. That's why I don't intend to be, this time."

A bright white glow enveloped Fictious. As it fell over his form, he felt lost strength return to him. The cracks spread across his crystalline armor mended themselves under the healing radiance. Unfortunately, as the light faded, it became clear that some damage yet remained.

Glancing at his Navi, Morin considered using another SubChip, 'He's still not fully healed, but if I use the second one I will be wasting much of its power. No, it's best if I save it until later. We can make do, I think.'

"Now you can proceed, Fictious. Be ready for anything though-these battles are getting harder."

Still tired from the last battle, Fictious nodded, "I don't doubt that for an instant. I'll stay on guard.

With that, he walked forwards into the darkness of ACDC Net. As things grew more dangerous, the once peaceful virtual suburb seemed more ominous. Indeed, it had become a labyrinth of infinite repetition. Each turn seemed like the last, with no end in sight. Shadows which had once seemed to hint at deeper secrets, now just spoke of unseen emptiness.

Strangely, the viruses seemed almost like a blessing-a hint of life in a desert of nothing. Fictious had the strange feeling, however, that there should be others here-other Navi's on the net. After all, it shouldn't just be an endless line of viruses...should it?

Outside, Morin watched over his Navi. His Chip Folder was in his hands, ready to be used.

Summary:

Used MiniEnergy Subchip (Heal 50)

[Awaiting Boss Battle 1]
[First of all I want to apologize for your extremely long wait. At the time I had no NPCs or bosses designed or made and had hoped the more experienced mods would cover you. Even requested them to do so but it seems they ignored those requests. Please don't think badly of the forum and group as a whole because of mod staff's failure. Recently I had some RL issues that I've finally managed to resolve, and was able to create a few bosses and the like, so this hopefully will not happen to you again. Once more I'm sorry you had such a long wait, it's inexcusable.]

After a heated argument and some somewhat settlement of the issue, the navi was given a quick energizer to restore some of his lost life from the previous battles. Which as it seemed would be quite useful. For as he ventured forward into the net, the young navi would come fast to a blockade on what seemed to be a metal road that'd formed.

Standing there, almost as if on guard for the blockade was a lone navi, standing garbed in black armor from head hiding helm to solleret covered feet. Upon seeing the navi approaching large golden sword was drawn up before lifted and pointed towards Fictious. "Greetings young navi, this passage is blocked and it seems you've fallen under misfortune. However, I will kindly allow that misfortune to pass if you simply leave behind all your Zenny and exit the network immediately! For I am Riggs, mighty black guard of her majesty's privateers, and you have the honor of providing her majesty with much needed revenue with which to provide supplies to her forces. Now, drop your Zenny, and be gone!"

Enemy
Riggs.EXE: 120HP [Metal]

Terrain
60% Normal
40% Metal [Path Down the middle]

Ally
Fictious.EXE: 70HP [Normal]

—Boss Encounter, Combat has not started yet—
[While I appreciate you apology, I am not offended. I am, however, glad to see you back. I've been eager to proceed into this first Boss Encounter.]

Hearing the knight-like navi's declaration, Fictious sighed, 'Okay, how would Morin respond to that...?'

He stepped forward onto the metal path, placing his hands behind his back as if unconcerned. As he spoke, his voice carried a tone of arrogance, "Her majesty, you say? Over what realm does this queen of yours hold sway, and what forces do you so urgently need my Zenny to supply? Well?"

In the corporeal world, Morin nodded, 'Good job, Fictious. If he's really working for someone, we need to know what we're up against. You might not want to provoke him quite so much, though.'

He smiled slightly, 'Besides, I can't deny my curiosity...this should be interesting.'

Nevertheless, he reached into his chip folder, drawing out a pair of chips, 'Whatever the case may be, though, we should be ready. These two should make a good start, if it comes to that.'
The knight seemed to be taken aback by the sudden calling into question his majesty, making the armored navi hiss faintly from behind his visor. "That is not for a commoner such as yourself to know! A knight need not know what reasons his majesty whom he serves desires things, simply that he was ordered to retrieve them."

Still when the navi before him stepped forward, he took it as a challenge, and lifted his sword once more. "But so be it, I see now that I shall have to take my spoils by force, have at you!" With that, the knight called into view, a mighty shield, and prepared himself for combat.

Boss
Riggs.EXE: 120HP [Metal]

Terrain
60% Normal
40% Metal

Ally
Fictious.EXE: 70HP [Metal]

—Boss Encounter, Battle Start!—
Hearing the navi's response, Morin sighed, "How unfortunate. Well, I suppose we have little choice. Let's lay this knight low, Fictious. I'm loading your first chip now. Hit him hard.

Fictious was ready even before Morin spoke, gazing calmly upon the enraged knight, "I'm afraid that won't be happening. It isn't time for me to be defeated-certainly not by a servant such as yourself. You can't even touch me."

As he spoke, he drew upon his newest ability. Upon his chest, encircling the four-pointed star that rested over his heart, a glowing word appeared: NECESSARIUM.

A moment later his other signature awakened, and a circle of similar text appeared on the ground where Riggs had been standing. If he didn't evade that, he'd have no escape.

Not waiting to see how the Riggs responded he called forth his first chip-one which was beginning to become a trademark-and his spare hand came alight with a torrent of electricity.

Bringing his hand up, he unleashed the unstable energy at Riggs. Even as the energy clawed its way through the air, he could feel the scene urging his attack towards its target.

'That was the best I had, but I doubt it will be enough. He's armored and shielded, after all. I guess all I can do now is wait for his response.'

Summary:

1)Plot Armor[HP Casing 40]; 1 TCD

2)Climactic Finish[Multistage:(Hold; Ground Attack) Then (Take Aim)]; 2 TCD

*Smash[Add Break to Marublaster1]
3)MaruBlaster1[Elec 60 + Glitch + Break]; Accuracy B + Take Aim;