The Dynamite Duo

Nitro appeared in a flash of green light. No sooner had his feet touched the Net ground than his Support Program had appeared in a similar flash of red. "So, what do you think?" Nitro said, introducing Tina to the Net as if it was his house.

"It is quite a sight, " Tina said. "But it would be more interesting to be introduced to the native fauna."

"If you mean viruses, then it shouldn't be a problem, seeing as they tend to seek out Navis." Nitro began walking, signalling Tina to follow.

[Nitro.EXE and TNT.SP, Ready for Battle 1]
The excursion into the ACDC network led the newly formed duo towards a group of Swordy viruses, which quite handily brandished their purple gleaming swords in their direction for them to respond to. With violence, of course. Nobody likes a negotiator. Ew.

-- ENEMIES --
Swordy-N A: 60 HP
Swordy-N B: 60 HP
Swordy-N C: 60 HP

-- ALLIES --
Nitro.EXE: 140 HP
TNT.SP: 55 HP

-- TERRAIN --
100% Normal

-- BATTLE 01, READY? START!! --
((TNT's HP should be 55))

Nitro put his arm out in front of his partner as the viruses came into view. "Alright," Nitro said. "What d'ya make of them?"

"Well," Tina said. "From the look of their swords, a long range approach would definitely be the best option."

"Very good," Nitro said. He then recieved a couple weapons from Chris; a Magbomb, and the Vulcan. He also recieved a Guard, which he handed off to his Support Program. "Now, just sit tight as I show you how things are done."

As Tina rolled her eyes and held the shield up, Nitro got into his battle ready position. He first lobbed the Magbomb into the midst of the Swordys, then began revving up the Vulcan, which had simply taken the form of an ammo belt coming out from the side of his buster. After a second of spin-up, he began showering the viruses in a hailstorm of bullets. Once the belt was emptied, he circled around behind Tina. "So, how was that?" He asked her.

"Well," she said. "It did lack a certain amount of technique, and with all the dust you kicked up, we don't even know if you hit them."

"You've just got to overanylize everything, don't you?" Nitro said.

Summary:
N1: Give Guard1 to TNT
T1: Guard1 defending TNT
N2: Magbomb1 at Swordy-NB (30Elec + Blast3)(Mass Destruction activated)
N3: Vulcan1 at all Swordy-Ns (10dmg + Spread2 x 3 shots)(Mass Destruction activated)
N4: Dodge behind TNT
As Nitro transferred one Guard shield to Tina, he materialized a bomb from his arsenal, along with a firearm. The bomb he lobbed towards one of the Swordy, which didn't see it coming and was damaged. Its allies, however, did, and teleported into his face and out of harm's way, with the last one lagging behind with its teleport. Nitro managed to fend off the damaged virus and delete it with his Vulcan, and injured the other two with some shots. One decided to go for Tina, and the remaining for Nitro. Fortunately, both managed to fend off the Swordy by way of block and dodge respectively.

-- ENEMIES --
Swordy-N A: 40 HP
Swordy-N B: DELETED
Swordy-N C: 30 HP

-- ALLIES --

-- TERRAIN --
100% Normal
Tina was pushed back from the Swordy's attack, not expecting the force of it on her shield. As it slowly disintegrated, she called out to Nitro. "I've lost my shield," she said. "What should I do now?"

"Just keep moving," Nitro said. Chris uploaded the Rageclaw, which materialised over Nitro's hand. "I'll take care of the two Swordys that're left." Nitro quickly ran at the viruses as Tina backed off. He gave a quick slash of his Rageclaw as he came into range of the one, then changed direction and lunged at the other. He gave a quick downward strike as the virus came near, then turned to Tina, making sure he hadn't missed any viruses, and ensuring none were chasing after her.

Summary:
1T: Dodge backward
1N: Move forward
2N: Rageclaw at Swordy-NA (40dmg + Slashing)
3N: Rageclaw at Swordy-NC (40dmg + Slashing)
4N: Dodge backward
Some slicing happened, etcetera, things died.

-- ENEMIES --
Swordy-N A: DELETED
Swordy-N B: DELETED
Swordy-N C: DELETED

-- ALLIES --

-- TERRAIN --
100% Normal

-- BATTLE 01, VICTORY!! --

-- REWARDS --

[Sword] Battlechip, 240z, 9 BugFrags
Nitro scanned the battlefield for anything of interest, after the last of the viruses had disintegrated. He found some chip data for, predictably, a Sword, a handful of Zenny, and...

"I'll take those," Tina said, scooping up the small pile of Bugfrags. She promptly sent them to Chris, while she said "I suppose you know what to do with them?"

"Yeah, actually," Chris said. "Once you collect enough, I'll see about increasing your speed."

"Am I missing something here?" Nitro said, scratching his head at the somewhat private conversation between his operator and his SP.

"Well, I was doing some reading while we were making Tina," Chris said. "And it turns out that you can use bugfrags to enhance an SP's basic functions. I used those ones we collected from that mission already, so Tina's started off with a bit more strength and stamina."

"And I'm sure that with my little 'headstart'," Tina continued. "I'll be able to match your pace in no time, Nitro."

"I wouldn't be too sure about that, TNT," Nitro said, chuckling softly.

"That's Tina..." the SP muttered.

"Anyway, I think we should keep looking for more viruses. If you've got such a big headstart, it'd be better if you actually used it." Nitro turned and continued through the Net. Tina quickly followed, and began talking with her partner.

"So, I assume you've met a number of Navis," Tina said.

"Yeah, what of it?" Nitro said, keeping himself ahead of Tina.

"Well, this may seem like a childish question, but, are they usually good?"

"If you're talking about 'good' and 'evil', then I can tell you it's not quite that black and white." Nitro said. "Every Navi, SP, and Operator is out here to make their own way. Even the ones that seem to have an almost super-hero like tendancy to help people are in it for self-gratification, even if it's just a desire to help people they're fufilling. Of course, people assume that it's like that, how there's a 'good' and 'bad', and obviously they pick their sides according to that. I can tell you that that's bogus. There's people that want to help others on the supposedly 'bad' side, and people that'll do anything to get what they want on the 'good' side. Hell, I'm on the 'bad' team myself!"

"Excuse me?" Tina said, confused by the last part.

"Chris and I, and I guess you too now, are members of the NetMafia. Teksqp, to be precise," Nitro explained. "It's an organization that has a somewhat unfortunate reputation with the general public, although that's been changing slightly in the recent past." Nitro paused for a moment. "Oh, that reminds me," he continued. "Don't tell anyone that you, Chris, and I are Mafia family members, unless you are absolutley 100% sure that you can trust them."

"So... you trust me, then?" Tina said.

"Of course, why wouldn't I?" Nitro said, somewhat perplexed. "You're my partner."

Tina blushed slightly, somewhat flattered with Nitro's last statement, though he didn't notice. She began walking slightly closer to him, and they continued their search for more viruses.

[Nitro.EXE and TNT.SP, Ready for Battle 2]
((bonk))
As Nitro and Tina proceeded further into the ACDC network, they didn't encounter that many enemies, strangely. They did hear a strange whooshing sound that kept going on above them, but any looks to the sky revealed nothing to be seen. Soon, however, the sounds started to get louder, and it was obvious that it wasn't any normal wind; heck, ACDC never had any wind to begin with. The reason was then made obvious, as a couple of green streaks nearly cleaved their heads in half, were it not for a few inches of space. Two Fishy careened to a halt before them, with two Spooky mounting them as rides, one each. They didn't look pleased that they had missed, and probably wouldn't in the near future if Nitro and Tina didn't act then!

-- ENEMIES --
Fishy A: 90 HP
Fishy B: 90 HP
Spooky A: 30 HP (Riding Fishy A)
Spooky B: 30 HP (Riding Fishy B)

-- ALLIES --

-- TERRAIN --
100% Normal

-- BATTLE 02, READY? START!! --
Nitro and Tina abruptly ducked as the viruses zoomed by right over their heads. They eyed the two sets of Spooky/Fishy teams as they turned to face the navi and SP.
"I wasn't aware that viruses were capable of tactics like that," Tina said.
"Yeah, you meet clever ones every now and again," Nitro said. "All the more reason to stay on your toes. What've we got, Chris?"
"I'll send you the Magbomb and the Cannons," Chris replied. "That should bring those Fishys to a halt, and possibly get rid of the Spookys."
"Did you say Cannons?" Nitro asked.
"Yeah, I traded our Thunder for a Cannon and some zenny," Chris explained. "Anyway, here comes the Magbomb."

Nitro recieved the electric explosive in his hand. He quickly tossed it towards the Fishys, hopefully keeping them from making a return trip. He then recieved the Cannon chips, and he passed along the data for one of them to Tina.
"Alright, on my signal, we'll each fire at one of the Fishys," Nitro said.
"Got it," Tina said, the Cannon materializing on her arm. The two raised their weapons alongside each other, and Nitro began counting down.
"Three, two, one... FIRE!" Nitro shouted. The two fired their Cannons in perfect time with each other, the two shots screaming toward the viruses. Chris uploaded the Guard, and Nitro put himself between the viruses and Tina, in case one of them decided to attack her.

Summary:
N1: Magbomb at FishyA (and SpookyA) (30Elec + Blast3 + Stun1)(Mass Destruction activated)
N2: Transfer Cannon to TNT
N3: Cannon at FishyA (40dmg + Knockback)
T1: Cannon at FishyB (40dmg + Knockback)
N4: Guard defending Nitro (and TNT)
Throwing the bomb out into the air, Nitro managed to start off the battle well, executing one Spooky and catching two Fishy by surprise in a large explosion! Nitro then put up a couple of Cannons to bear against the Fishy, firing them simultaneously with Tina. Unfortunately, this didn't deter the flying fiends' frenzy one bit, as one of them shredded through Nitro's Guard and smashed through him and Tina. (15) (15) It didn't walk away unscathed, however, as it received the retaliation from the Guard. The Spooky saw this, and recovered some of its HP with a Recover chip!

-- ENEMIES --
Fishy A: 35 HP
Fishy B: 20 HP
Spooky A: DELETED
Spooky B: 30 HP (Riding Fishy B)

-- ALLIES --
Nitro.EXE: 125 HP
TNT.SP: 40 HP

-- TERRAIN --
100% Normal
Nitro stumbled back as the virus ripped through his defence. "Man," he said, rubbing the spot where the Fishy slammed into him. "Those guys hit harder than I remember." He looked back to his partner. "How're you holdin' up, TNT?"

"That was a bit jarring," Tina said, deciding not to correct Nitro again. "But I think I'll be fine."

"'Atta girl," Nitro commented. "Now, let's finish off these viruses." Nitro recieved the recently aquired Sword chip, and the green-tinted blade of energy shot out from Nitro's buster like a switchblade. He also recieved the Vulcan chip from Chris, which he handed off to Tina. A belt of ammunition dropped out the side of her buster, similar to how Nitro's had earlier. "Here, you lay down some suppressing fire while I go after them. Just do your best not to hit me, okay?"

"Understood," Tina replied. She held the weapon up, and the sound of the inner components revving up could be heard.

"Alright, let's go!" Nitro charged forward while Tina let loose a carefully controlled hail of bullets. Nitro first approached the lone Fishy, and sliced horizontally. He quickly turned on his heel and lunged at the other two viruses, and slashed downward, hoping to catch both with a single movement.

Summary:
N1: Transfer Vulcan1 to TNT
T1: Vulcan1 at all viruses (10dmg + Spread1 x 3 shots)
N2: Sword at FishyA (80dmg + Slashing)
N3: Sword at SpookyB
N4: Sword at FishyB
Transferring a small Vulcan chip to his Support Program, Nitro went on the last offensive as he materialized a Sword battlechip for his use. He managed to cut down one of the Fishy with the Spooky riding on it, but missed the two other ones. Tina's suppressing fire brought down the enemies to size, but that wasn't much, as the Spooky healed plenty of the damage. The surviving Fishy, meanwhile, was happily content in shredding past Tina's arm. (15)

-- ENEMIES --
Fishy A: 45 HP
Fishy B: DELETED
Spooky B: 30 HP

-- ALLIES --
Nitro.EXE: 125 HP
TNT.SP: 25 HP

-- TERRAIN --
100% Normal
Tina was sent into a spin as the Fishy crashed into her outstretched arm. Pain shot through her arm, the feeling similar to having her arm broken, though she was still able to move it. Still, she held onto her upper arm with her other hand and called out to her partner. Nitro had already seen the atack, and dashed back to her side.
"Are you alright?" Nitro asked, his voice lined with stress and concern.
"My arm is in excrutiating pain," Tina said. "Please tell me you have some method of mending injuries."
"I do, as it just so happens," Nitro said. He pointed his buster at the ground between them, the Sword temporarily retracting. He fired a small, golden grenade at the ground, and a cloud of restoratives washed over both of them. They both inhaked the chemicals, and Tina's arm began tingling, befor ethe pain completely disappeared. As the cloud dispersed, Nitro continued to speak, the Sword reappearing. "Now, just try to avoid the viruses for now, I'll try and finish them off."
"Right," Tina replied. The both turned to face the Fishy and Spooky, and Nitro dashed forward. As he approached the viruses, he gave two quick slashes of his blade, hoping to get rid of the viruses before the Spooky could heal them any more than it already had. Tina was content with watching the struggle from a distance, making sure the Fishy wasn't headed toward her.

Summary:
N1: Healing Hand Grenade (Nitro & TNT)(60 Heal + Blast1)(2TCD)
N2: Move toward SpookyB
N3: Sword at SpookyB (80DMG + Slashing)
N4: Sword at FishyA
T1: (Dodge Right)

Cooldowns:
Healing Hand Grenade: UTT
Reacting immediately, Nitro came to his SP's aid by dropping some explosive assistance to heal them both. When he moved toward the Spooky after doing so, the virus attempted to avoid him and failed, resulting in one sliced Spooky. Meanwhile, the Fishy was on its way to attack TNT again. Nitro, having already started toward the virus, managed to catch it before it could get close and swiftly slashed the virus in two.

-- ENEMIES --
Fishy A: DELETED
Fishy B: DELETED
Spooky B: DELETED

-- TERRAIN --
100% Normal

Battle 2 Complete!

-- ALLIES --

Rewards: DashAttack, 300z, 14 BugFrags
Nitro and Tina quickly scooped up the remaining rewards, and sent them to Chris. They then discussed what they should do next.
"I wanna see if there're any more viruses that we can pick off," Nitro said. "Those last two fights were barely a warm-up!"

"I'd rather we go see about getting some upgrades," Tina suggested. "That last battle took a lot out of me, it's clear that I'll need some greater methods of self-preservation that my standard buster alone."

"I'm kind of torn," Chris said. "On one hand, going farther means we could get more Bugfrags and zenny to get upgrades with. On the other, getting Tina upgrades now means we could come back and get things done with greater efficiency." Chris spun in his chair and pondered while Nitro and Tina awaited his desicion. He finally decided...
To flip a coin. He rummaged around his room until he located a suitable coin.
"Okay, heads, we keep going," Chris decided. "Tails, we jack out now and go to Scilabs." Chris flicked the coin into the air, and caught it in his hand. He turned it over onto the back of his other hand...
"Tails," Chris said. "Alright, let's jack out, and we'll go to the Navi shop." With that, Nitro and Tina disappeared from the Net in flashes of green and red light.

[JACK OUT]