Diagnostics run

Stepping out of non-existence onto the blank planes of the ACDC internet, Gadgetman was booted for the first time into the net servers, built from his very core, pixel by pixel until the process was complete. As he came to his senses, Gadgetman's first thoughts turned to his core programs, he had never used them before and was eager to test them, "...V-V-Vocal processors.... Initialized", the navi spluttered, he then spoke quietly with a low, "Good...", he then lifted his arm slowly and clenched his fist, the blocky large segments that were now his fingers making his movements sluggish and hard, a deep pang of regret filled his mind as he stared.

"G, you OK buddy?", a concerned call came from the Netop in response to the navi's sudden stillness, upon hearing this, Gadgetman perked up slightly and swung his arms from side to side,

"Y-Yeah I'm fine... I was just thinking about...", the navi said as he hung his head slightly, John instantly realized what his navi had on his mind, although he was in no mood to discuss it at right now, so he decided to change the conversation topic,

"S-So how's the initialization going down there, I'm getting good readings on the diagnostics scan",

"Motor reflex processors seem to be functioning to about 85% efficiency, I just need to get used to this new frame", the navi replied, his solemn look changing to a slightly more happy one, he continued, "Only systems left to check..."

"Battle Systems...", John said, finishing the navi's sentence, Gadgetman nodded in silent reply as he ran directly ahead, looking for a test subject for his battle settings.

[Battle 1 Please]
It didn't take the new Navi long to find a battle. Such speed was good for efficiency in testing.

The viruses were encountered on a fairly level, and fairly plain, plane. With nothing to distinguish the battlefield, it would be a good, true test of battle functionality: fewer variables this way, and what not.

The enemies that appeared were also incredibly standard; a small group of Metools made their presence known across the field from GadgetMan.

What luck! At this rate, the tests would be done right and right on schedule!

Battle Summary:

Subjects:
GadgetMan.EXE: 150 HP

Targets:
MetoolA: 40 HP
MetoolB: 40 HP
MetoolC: 40 HP

Testing Grounds:
100% Normal [Everywhere]

Battle 1, Start!
"Excellent!", John remarked upon sighting the virus group, he quickly slipped out of his dirtied lab coat, replacing it for a deep blue dressing gown that had laid crumpled on the floor until just moments ago, "Metools are the most basic of virii that can be found in this area and from the terrain scans, there shouldn't be anything to prohibit your movements whilst fighting!",

"Current visuals and virus databanks indicate a 90% chance of succession in combat at my current capabilities", Gadgetman replied to his Op, "I should use this opportunity to test my various combative skills",

"You are currently equipped with three automated robotic arms, they should help you to overcome the limitations imposed by the decreased movement in your hand joints", John explained as he looked over further scans of the navi, "They only have basic programs functioned at the moment, due to this they should only be used for delicate situations, your own hands can handle any weaponry that battlechips may impose upon you", as John spoke the navi looked over his shoulders and watched as the rods separated to become a series of tiny fingers on fragile hands, he then held up his own hands and watched as a shotgun barrel appeared, "Here, try out this shotgun battle chip, I'll leave the rest to you".

Holding the shotgun up towards the closest Metool, Gadgetman was amazed by how light it felt , his previous body was not built to handle high payloads and this new found strength would take him some time to get used to, the navi proceeded to fire the buck at the target, before doing a jumping manoeuvre diagonally backwards, away from the group, he then spoke aloud, "Activate gadget creation module, Gadget: L.A.S.E.R!", and with almost lightning speed, the two topmost arms proceeded to assemble a small, shoulder mounted cannon upon the navi's right shoulder, the arms then re-enforced the laser with extra protection after the original job was complete, he then marvelled as it shot a small bolt of lightning at another of the Metools.

Actions
1. Shotgun at MetoolA (50 DMG, spread to MetoolB, null damage)
2. Barrel roll diagonally away from the group (Dodge)
3. Activate Gadget: L.A.S.E.R (Summon 15 Hp object with passive 15 elec DMG, Light, 2 TCD)
*Ability: Masterwork to add 20Hp to the L.A.S.E.R
*Gadget: L.A.S.E.R to fire at MetoolC (15 elec DMG)
[Bonk]
GadgetMan's test run went swimmingly as he managed to delete two metools in a single cannon shot. In retaliation, the remaining metool released a shockwave. GadgetMan was hit, but he managed to score a counter attack with his Gadget L.A.S.E.R. and its electric blast.

Subjects:
GadgetMan.EXE: 140 HP
Gadget L.A.S.E.R.: 15 HP

Targets:
MetoolA: 25 HP
MetoolB: DELETED
MetoolC: DELETED

Testing Grounds:
100% Normal [Everywhere]
"Hrm", Gadgetman mumbled as he punched away at a user interface that seemingly appeared from nowhere beneath the containment unit on his right arm, as he done so he spoke calmly to John, "My motor reflexes in my lower half are only functioning to about 65% efficiency, I can't seem to find anything on my debugger, are you getting anything on your end?", as the navi spoke, his operator was already hard at work, peering over pages upon pages of incoming data that rolled across his laptop's screen, as soon as he found the problem he voiced the reasons to the navi,

"It would appear that the problems all in your mind",

"What?!", the navi replied in surprise,

"Nothing you can do for the moment, just try to get used to that body", as the man spoke he selected a chip from the small selection he had, he then gave the navi further orders, "I'm sending you a close quarters combat weapon, it only inflicts minor damage but it should be enough to take care of that last virus", as his talk neared its end, Gadgetman realised to his surprise, that a large claw had appeared in his right hand, he waved it about in the air, testing its weight, of which he could feel none due to his recent strength increase.

With a gleeful smile upon his face, Gadgetman made a quick dash from his current position towards the wounded foe, flexing the digital muscles in his legs as he went, the first thing he noticed was the change in his gait that the containment units forced upon him, he quickly adapted to this with only a few minor stumbles due to his shift in balance, as he ran he thought to himself, How do I get this blasted thing to fi-, and as he did, the gadget proceeded to fire a shot at the virus ahead, he then bent his legs and made a powerful leap into the air above the virus, commenting as he went, "I didn't know it worked like that!",

"Each gadget that you create is linked via synaptic implants imbedded into the navi it attaches itself to, thus allowing for thought based activation...", John answered promptly, he took another swig of his hip flask before continuing, "I thought it would be better than having to shout out some stupid activation code each time",

"Oh...", Gadgetman sighed in reply as he fell through the air towards the rear of the virus, he was quite looking forward to thinking up a cool catchphrase to shout at the enemies. Quickly switching his train of thought back to the task at hand, Gadgetman attempted to land behind the yellow virus, going for a spinning downwards sweep with the claw-like weapon.

Action
1. Run towards the MetoolA
* Fire Gadget: L.A.S.E.R at MetoolA (15 elec DMG)
2. Jump in to the air to land behind the metool
3. Rageclaw at MetoolA (40 slashing DMG, null B Acc, breaks after 6 swings)
[Bump]
Luckily for GadgetMan, metools are not renowned for their turning speed. The laser fire and claw attacks were plenty to defeat the final metool, even without the benefit of a cheesy attack name call-out. GadgetMan's first test run came to an abrupt close as the metool vaporized into data.

Subjects:
Gadget L.A.S.E.R.: 15 HP

Targets:
MetoolA: DELETED
MetoolB: DELETED
MetoolC: DELETED

Testing Grounds:
100% Normal [Everywhere]

--BATTLE 1 COMPLETE--

GET: 180 zenny, Guard1
"Amazing!", Gadgetman exclaimed as used an inbuilt arm scanner to analyse the chip data, "From what i have read in the chip databases and from these scans it appears to form an instant barrier, using the net around it as a building material, similar to how my own creation system functions", the navi spoke in wonderment as he held an oversized version of the real chip to the net lights above, he continued, "If only we had access to the tools back at scilab, I could pull this thing apart down to it's base code, then we could...", suddenly the chip data, along with the scattered zenny data that lay, unnoticed by the navi around his feet, dissipated and shot upwards, John spoke to the navi,

"It's just chip data, we came across it all the time back in the lab",

"But I've never seen it in it's raw, natural form", Gadgetman replied, grappling at the slowly disappearing data, "Straight from the virus itself!"

"Enough!", the frustrated op interrupted, knowing how his navi could go on for hours about the intricacies of scientific principles and code, he knew the only way to snap him out of it would be to give him an even bigger prize, "Why waste your time here, when there are even grander battlechips to be had?",

"Huh?", the navi replied as he suddenly stopped his pouting, "Bigger.... prizes you say?",

"Well yes, but...", before the man could complete his sentence, the navi had already ran, headlong of into the distance of the acdc internet.

[Battle 2 if you would maestro]
Gadgetman tromped on through the net, searching for any other viral entities when he nearly landed his foot in a hole!

Jumping back, the mechanical navi glanced around, finding that the floor was pretty weak in some areas here. His sensors detected some activity to his left, whereupon turning his head in that direction revealed a log rolling straight at him!

Jumping over the attack, Gadgetman got his battle routines ready as he stared down his opponent... who raced behind a Canondumb upon making eye-contact! It was one of the many experts of guerrilla warfare on the net, the Shrubby!

Three Canondumbs blocked Gadgetman's way to his oppressor, but that wouldn't faze him at all.... right?

-Front Row- (Spaced a Movement apart from each other)
CanodumbA: 50 HP
CanodumbB: 50 HP
CanodumbC: 50 HP

-Back Row-
Shrubby: 50 HP (Hiding Behind CanodumbB)

-Terrain-
70% Normal
30% Cracked (Scattered)

-You-
Gadgetman.EXE: 140 HP

-BATTLE 2-
-ROUTINE, SET-
-EXECUTE-

Pages upon pages of data scrolled down the screen of John's laptop as he frantically tried to pull relevant information for his navi to use, compiling a select few nuggets of information, the operator quickly read of what he had gathered to the navi, "The terrain seems to be structurally sound for the most part, patches have lost their integrity and may be prone to giving out, so watch your step", John then grabbed the shotgun chip from the pile and slotted it into the PeT, "The three stationary targets appear to operate via projectile weaponry but they aren't your main problem, that other moving virus, the one that launched the log attack, aim for him first, use this battle chip!",

"Roger that, I'll proceed with caution", the navi replied as his netop finished giving him orders for the battle ahead. Although to any observers the navi may have appeared quite calm and collected in the face of this adversity, Gadgetman had never actually been on the receiving end of a wall of guns before and the fact he was caught of guard so easily at the start of the battle really un-nerved him, this heightened tension that he felt only made his movements quicker as he readied his twin-barrelled shotgun, he then fired it at one of the cannon virii, using the chip's effects to try to get at the shrub-like foe behind it.

As soon as that action was complete, Gadgetman sent a mental instruction to the robotic arms behind him, they proceeded to create his signature weapon on his left shoulder and they seemed to reinforce the base structure as a finishing touch. The navi then crouched low before vaulting into the air behind the canodumb line, firing a small shot from the arm cannon as he went.

Actions
1) Shotgun at CanodumbB (50 DMG, spread to Shrubby, null damage)
2) Activate Gadget: L.A.S.E.R (Summon 15 Hp object with passive 15 elec DMG, Light, 2 TCD)
3) Jump into the air above and slightly behind the canodumb virus line
*Fire Gadget: L.A.S.E.R at CanodumbA (15 elec DMG)
Immediately loading up a Shotgun to his arm, Gadgetman fired on the Canodumb, easily deleting it before it could get a shot in along with its friend behind it. Mounting his L.A.S.E.R. on his shoulder, the Navi then leapt up into the air as the Canodumbs started to lock on to his position. The rifle fired on one of the turrets, easily shaving off quite a bit of its health.

CanodumbA: 35 HP
CanodumbB: DELETED
CanodumbC: 50 HP

-Back Row-
Shrubby: DELETED

-Terrain-
70% Normal
30% Cracked (Scattered)

-You-
Gadget: L.A.S.E.R: 35 HP
As the bulky frame of the navi reached the pinnacle of the arc, he realised that the decent would be incredibly swift and eventful unless he prepared in advance, calling out to his net op, Gadgetman's voice was filled with an unusual amount of urgency, much more than the present situation warranted, "Send me the cannon and the rageclaw, quick!".

Nursing a post victory drink, John was so contented with how the events of the battle had turned out, that he had not realised just how tense the action still was and when the navi called out to him, the degree of severity in his voice caused his heart to skip a beat. Suddenly roused from his relaxed state, John scrambled frantically for the requested chips that had only just been perched on the arm of the sofa next to him that due to his panic had scattered across the floor. Slotting in the requested chips, John was once again at ease, although a little worse for wear due to the considerable amount of liquids that were now spilled down his shirt, he then returned to viewing the battle, only to notice the navi still in a state of decent, he immediately voiced his opinions, "Was that really necessary? I just spilled all this crap down my brand new shirt!",

"You bought that shirt 2 months ago John...", Gadgetman replied as he formed the cannon on one hand and the rageclaw on another, he then bulleted downwards towards the backside of the strongest of the two remaining foes,

"B-But still....", John replied defensively, "There was no need for all that drama!",

"Serves you right for drinking all that rubbish, it does you no good and it can cause your performance to drop by almost 30 perc-",

"Alright, alright!...", John shouted back, attempting to cut of the navi mid speech, "Just get on with it!", although the words had little effect on the navi as he was already mid battle formation.

Landing moments later, Gadgetman crouched low before aiming and firing the cannon directly for the virus' own barrel, he then made a sweeping strike for the virus dead ahead of himself, going for a vertical slash as he went. As soon as the navi had finished his own movements, there was not a moment delay before the laser fired its own attack at the area that the navi had focused on just before.

Actions
1) Land behind CanodumbC
2) Cannon at CanodumbA (40 + knockback, null damage)
3) Rageclaw1 at CanodumbC (40 slashing DMG, null B Acc, breaks after 6 swings)
* Fire Gadget: L.A.S.E.R at CanodumbC (15 elec DMG)
Placing himself behind a Canodumb turret, Gadgetman proceeded to go and delete stuff. However, the last Canodumb managed one final shot before parting with the world.

CanodumbA: DELETED
CanodumbB: DELETED
CanodumbC: DELETED

-Back Row-
Shrubby: DELETED

-Terrain-
70% Normal
30% Cracked (Scattered)

-You-
Gadget: L.A.S.E.R: 35 HP

-- BATTLE 02, VICTORY!! --

-- REWARDS --

> 270 Zenny
> [Cannon] Battlechip
"Aww...", Gadgetman pouted as he held the familiar chip data in his free hand, the Rageclaw in his left still dissipating slowly into the net space around it, "You said there would be better chips",

"You couldn't have possibly thought we would get an awesome chip in your second ever battle, did you?", John replied, he was now dabbing a salmon coloured towel upon the drink on his top in a futile attempt to remove the worst of it, although he already knew that it would stain, he knew this because this was just how his luck had played out recently.

Sending his OP the remaining data, the navi decided that it was only proper that he explained his previous actions, "About before... Reason I was so tense was because...", he suddenly stopped talking, as if held back by something,

"Go on, give me the reason why I now have to go out and buy another shirt", the man said angrily to get his navi to continue,

"It's just that... never mind...", he finished, the navi then continued, deeper into the net, preferring to not have to continue this awkward conversation with John.

[Battle trois s'il vous plaît]
GadgetMan began to move further into the ACDC network, in search of more sparring opposition. And of course, opposition is what he got, naturally. Four of them stood- er, floated, in front of him, in formation. Twin Powie dolls made up the advance guard, with a Fishy as main assaulter, and a Spooooooky as rear support. They all looked kind of menacingly at the Navi in front of them, then the Powies started the show, leaping up into the air. The Fishy began charging its thrusters in anticipation of a powerful charge, and the Spooky just kind of stuck out its tongue and looked silly.

-- OPPOSITION --
Fishy: 90 HP
Spooky: 30 HP
Powie A: 60 HP [in the air]
Powie B: 60 HP [in the air]

-- TEST SUBJECT --

-- SOLID GROUND --
100% Normal

-- BATTLE 03, READY? START!! --
[My health value seems to be a little off, I had 140hp at the end of the last battle]

"Multiple targets spotted", Gadgetman called out to his op on a calm tone as he spotted the viruses ahead, "Visuals indicate the foes operate from an aerial positioning, I will be at a disadvantage if I were to enter close combat, what would you suggest John?"

"Hrm...", the netop muttered in reply as he flicked through the chip stock, he then pulled out the shotgun chip and held it directly above the chip slot, "I'll send you the shotgun chip for the moment, I'd suggest you try to avoid taking the group head on until you have weakened a few of them first", he then slotted the chip in,

"Roger that, engaging foes!", the navi announced in reply, he then dropped into a more battle ready stance, preparing his footing on the smooth surface underneath whilst also calming his nerve by steadying his breath rate, as he made his preparations a large shotgun materialized in his right hand, the hand grip seemingly fitting perfectly in the palm of his overly large hand, he hefted the weapon upwards, aiming for the closer of the two powie, he then fired the shotgun, it emitted a deafening bang whilst also making the navi slide back several feet, even after his preparation the ground below provided him with little grip.

After he had recovered from the initial shock of the attack, Gadgetman spent little time preparing a dodge to his flank, reckoning such an attack would provoke a response from the enemies above, he done this in the form of a tight barrel roll to his left, he then stood once again before forming his familiar weapon from bits of junk data, the arms then added extra protection to the frail object. With no actual physical movements of the navi, the cannon aimed and fired at one of the hopefully weakened powies, in an attempt to finish it off.

Actions
1) Shotgun at Powie A (50 DMG, spread to Powie B, null damage)
2) Do a barrel roll! (Dodge to the left)
3) Activate Gadget: L.A.S.E.R (Summon 15 Hp object with passive 15 elec DMG, Light, 2 TCD)
*Fire Gadget: L.A.S.E.R at Powie A (15 elec DMG)
Gadgetman's powerful shotgun hit the Powie, but the thing still managed to keep up some movement, flapping its wings/arms to stay midair. Growing into an enormous weight, the creature dropped down towards GadgetMan's position, but he managed to dodge out of the way at the last second. The now-grounded Powie was obliterated by a blast from GadgetMan's laser. The other Powie stayed to the air indecisively, not wanting to rush into a similar fate. The other viruses showed no hesitation, however, and rushed forward to attack the navi. The Fishy clipped GadgetMan across his side with one wing, creating a gash [15], while the Spooky materialized and whipped with its tongue. The slimy tendril nearly knocked GadgetMan's laser out of whack [10], but it survived.

-- OPPOSITION --
Spooky: 30 HP
Powie A: DELETED
Powie B: 60 HP [in the air]

-- TEST SUBJECT --
GadgetMan.EXE: 125 HP
Gadget L.A.S.E.R.: 25 HP

-- SOLID GROUND --
100% Normal
[I used the ability masterwork to add 20hp to the Gadget: L.A.S.E.R last turn]

"Ghaaa!", Gadgetman exclaimed as his right arm was thrown backwards by the force of the speeding Fishy virus, he was thankful that he didn't take the attack head on but still winced as he inspected the large gash that was left behind. With his damaged arm now hanging limp by his side, the navi went to stem the bleeding but was not afforded such an opportunity because as soon as he turned his attention to it, the ghostly Spooky virus attacked him from his blind spot and although the attack was blocked by the construct on his shoulder, the item in question was left looking worse for wear from the attack but still functional.

Looking on from the sidelines, John was still filled with the same sense of apathy that had invaded his mind in recent times, he picked out the two cannon chips and held them to the together side by side, remarking how they seemed to shine slightly in the low light of the room, he then slotted in the two chips, only filling the navi in afterwards, "I'm sending you two cannon chips, try to take out that ghostly virus and be weary of the other two",

"Affirmative", Gadgetman replied rather seriously, he did not like the idea of getting a matching wound so he was not going to take any chances. Firstly the navi held up the cannon that had formed on his fully functioning arm and fired it squarely at the spooky virus, taking vengeance for the damage done to his laser, Gadgetman then factored in the attack patterns of the other two virii, jumping diagonally backwards away from them in an attempt to thwart any further retaliation, he then held up the other cannon, supporting his bad arm with the other, firing the device at the aerial Powie, this was accompanied by another small jolt of electric fired by the shoulder cannon to weaken the same target further.

Actions
1) Cannon at Spooky (40 + knockback, null damage)
2) Jump diagonally backwards away from the virus group (Dodge)
3) Cannon at Powie B (40 + knockback, null damage)
* Fire Gadget: L.A.S.E.R at Powie B (15 elec DMG)
Quickly taking advantage of the Spooky's close proximity, Gadgetman fired a Cannon round ghost-ward, deleting it before it could lick him again with that tongue-thing. The other viruses kept on relentlessly attacking, with the Powie first dropping its heavy weight on his position, cracking the floor. However, jumping back allowed him to avoid that from scratching him. The Fishy sped by him, missing him by a couple of feet. The Cannon did manage to hit the Powie, but the laser misfired and shot a little bit away from the virus, sparing it of death for now.

-- OPPOSITION --
Spooky: DELETED
Powie A: DELETED
Powie B: 20 HP

-- TEST SUBJECT --
GadgetMan.EXE: 125 HP
Gadget L.A.S.E.R.: 25 HP

-- SOLID GROUND --
95% Normal, 5% Cracked