Fear the jack in!

The hailstorm of Shotguns rained down upon the unwitting viruses. The first chip tore through the Bunny, leaving it a simple heap of data. The second and third Shotguns dispatched the two Metools with the same amount of ease. However, a Bunny appeared out of nowhere and tossed its electrical attack at the Navi; it hit its mark with as much accuracy as Tara had shown in her round.

BunnyA: DELETED!
BunnyB: 50
MetoolA: DELETED!
MetoolB: DELETED!

Target.EXE: 120
"Bah, didn't get them with just the Shotgun..." Tara crossed her arms, and looked at the remaining virus as her visor locked onto it. "It won't last much longer, I can say that much!"

"If it does, I'm removing your Cursor Navi programming, since you're obviously not meant for it!" Brandon grabbed a chip and inserted it. Naturally, it was neither a Cannon nor a HeatShot. "Battlechip, Hi-Cannon! Slot in!"

The cursor Navi's right arm extended forward, as a blue cannon appeared on it. "All right, this will do it! Or else I'm not Target.EXE!" She fired the blast attack at the Bunny. "All right, if that missed, I'm going to be very sad..."

"We'll all be very sad...except maybe that Bunny."

"..."

[Order of Turn:
1-Hi-Cannon chip attack on BunnyB (80) (Snipe used)
2-Snipe Laser sig attack on BunnyB (60)
3-Dodge/be very sad]
All of the attacks miss! Tara is not only EJO'd, but deleted, and along with her all of her chips and data! Furthermore, her PET explodes, and shrapnel flying into Brandon's brain kills him instantly!

Actually, the Hi-cannon was sharp enough to off the virus.

BunnyA: DELETED!
BunnyB: DELETED!
MetoolA: DELETED!
MetoolB: DELETED!

VICTORY!

Rewards: 300 zenny.
"Huh...weird." Even though she had just won, Tara looked slightly worried.

"What's wrong?"

"I just got a really weird vision of me jacking out, then making your PET self-destruct, killing us both..."

"And you're worried about that? Come on, now! Only an idiot would even think that was serious!"

"I know, but it was pretty vivid..."

"Well, it's not going to happen. And even if it did, rest assured that my parents will sue the pants off IPC for making a faulty PET!"

"I feel so much better now..."

"Good! Now get searching, you can still take plenty of hits!"

The cursor Navi just sighed. "The last time you said something like that, I barely won!"

"That's because the next enemy was stronger than I expected! Besides, you didn't even try that hard to not do it!"

"Argh...sometimes I wonder why I even bother..." Shaking her head slowly, Tara got to what she did rather well; search for viruses to eliminate.

(searching for Battle #2)
And the second battle arrives!

MetoolA: 40
SeedbatA: 50
SeedbatB: 50
SeedbatC: 50
SeedbatD: 50

HEAVEN OR HELL
DUEL 2
LET'S ROCK!
"Huh...that didn't take long." Tara immediately entered her regular battle position. "But whatever. This way I can rack up another win quick!"

"Yeah, we'll take care of these guys in no time flat! Then maybe I'll go buy something!"

"Yeah right, I know what you want to get. And if you think it's that cheap, you're crazy!"

"Would that really shock you?"

"To be honest, not really..."

"Well, there ya go!"

"...Just send me chips, while I still have the will to fight viruses, instead of sitting down and crying because my operator is insane..."

"Fine, you spoilsport!" Brandon grabbed the three very last chips in his folder, and used the last of the last first. "Battlechip, HeatShot! Slot in!"

"Thanks..." Though half-hearted towards her operator, Tara was wholehearted in her aim, as usual. "HeatShot, fire!" And she took a shot at one of the SeedBats. "All right, how about more?"

"Sure thing! I already got them right here! Battlechip, Shotgun! Double slot-in!"

"At least you're on the ball on what matters!" The cursor Navi proceeded to take aim and fire at two more of the viruses. "That should do it. Now let's see which of the punks withstood that!"

"Punks? They're Mettaur and SeedBats..."

"..."

[Order of Turn:
1-HeatShot chip attack on SeedBatB (40, Fire, possible splash) (Snipe used)
2-Shotgun chip attack on SeedBatD (50, possible splash)
3-Shotgun chip attack on Mettaur (50, possible splash)]
The viruses are onset by a plague of splash, many virii fall, but the remaining one manages to pop Target with it's wings.

MetoolA: DELETED
SeedbatA: 50
SeedbatB: DELETED
SeedbatC: DELETED
SeedbatD: DELETED

Target.EXE: 105
"Well, that answers that question..." Anticipating a virus or two might've gotten lucky enough to withstand that, Brandon had already prepared another chip for insertion. "So, still wanna call it a punk?"

"...Just...ugh...not even going to dignify that with a comment...just send me another chip..."

"Roger! Battlechip, Shotgun! Slot in!"

"..." Not really in the mood to say anything at the moment, Tara simply aimed to an extreme level, then fired. "..."

"Oh come on, did I really make you THAT upset?"

"...Not really, but that doesn't mean I can't be annoyed!"

"Ah..."

[Order of Turn:
1-Shotgun chip attack on SeedBatA (50, possible splash) (Snipe used)
2-Dodge (if necessary)
3-Curse aloud (if necessary)]
The bat flaps around and prepares to attack, but finds itself knocked off-guard by Target's buckshot, and is turned into binary...

VICTOLY!

GET: Guardx1
"There, that did it!" Tara promptly walked over towards the victory data. "Too bad I wasn't able to take 'em all out at once..."

"Eh, don't worry about it! What's in the data?"

"Huh...no cash, but there's chip data!"

"Well, that works! Hang on a sec...there! I've put a blank chip in, go ahead and transfer!"

"All right. I can't tell what it is, though. I'm guessing it's a chip we haven't gotten yet!"

"Hang on, it's loading...Guard? Sounds familiar, but I don't remember where I've heard of it before..."

"Oh yeah, Guard! It's that chip that can deflect attacks back at the user!"

"Really? Well, you're not a good dodger, so that'll give us some extra defense!"

"Well, I already knew that much..."

"At any rate, it's in my folder now. Feel like going on?"

"Nah, let's go try our luck somewhere else!"

"Sounds good to me! Jack out, Tara!"

"Roger!" And in the blink of an eye, the purple Navi was gone...

(back to the real ACDC...)