ACDC Investigation

A beam of light flashed out of the sky, struck the ground and resolved itself into the form of a Navi... Broadside appeared in the Net once again... But this time he appeared as a white colored Guard Navi with his left arm in a sling, and not his mechanized combat form. He bore no official emblems...

Broadside looked at Jared and began speaking "According to my data readings, this Link is a good distance away from the source of the beacon's signal." As Broadside spoke, he began moving through the net at a decent clip, determined to learn more about the events that transpired here...

The fact that Broadside's face was not covered did not register yet... Instead, Jared took a quick scan of the area before replying, "I have no idea of what you plan to accomplish here Broadside, but there are plenty of viruses in the area, so stay on your toes."

With a grim look, Broadside simply replied... "Affirmative."

((White Guard.GMO Active))

((Solo Battle #1))
Virus Attack!

Seedbat: 50
BunnyA: 50
BunnyB: 50

Broadside: 100

Battle 1 Start!
Broadside noticed the virii from a fair distance away... "Viruses detected ahead." Jared responded in a tone filled with mirth: "Well, that didn't take long. You're a magnet for trouble you know?" As he spoke, Jared slotted in 3 Shotguns... "Sending chip data."

"Received. Engaging targets of opportunity." Once he finished speaking, Broadside waited a few moments to get within range... He activated the shotgun chips, causing a strange-looking gun-like weapon to appear strapped to his back. He reached up with his one good arm, grabbed the handle, and brought the square-barreled weapon to bear against his targets.

First up were the Bunnies as they posed the greatest threat... Broadside lined up his shot, and fired a blast at the two, hoping to take them both out... He wasn't counting on it, though, and shifted his vector quickly to throw off the aim of any return fire as he fired a second blast at the Seedbat, using the recoil from the first shot to pitch the barrel up and line up this shot. This accomplished, he leveled his weapon once again, planning to shoot the survivors...

Summary:
1: Shotgun @ Bunny A, hopefully Spread at B. (50 Null + Spread 1)
2: Improvised Dodge
3: Shotgun @ Seedbat (50 Null + Spread 1)
4: Shotgun @ anything hostile that still moves... (50 Null + Spread 1)
The shotgun hits the buny, and the second takes out a pair of enemies, ending th battle before the third attack is used.

Seedbat: DELETED!
BunnyA: DELETED!
BunnyB: DELETED!

Rewards: Zapring, 100z
Broadside didn't even slow his stride as he blasted the trio of viruses with his Guard Rifle from mid-range. He slung the weapon over his shoulder and into it's storage harness on his back. The shotgun data dissipated, but the weapon itself remained where it was, solid and at the ready, with the grip easily reachable.

As Broadside passed through the spot where the virii were deleted, he went into a crouched run for a moment as his arm swooped down to scoop up the Zenny and Chip data, slowing only for a moment as he did so. As he came upright again, he examined the Chip Data... He was quite pleased. He spoke aloud, to no-one in particular... "A ZapRing. Very useful." With that, he sent the data to the PET.

He did not stop running.

((Solo Battle #2))
Virus Attack!

MetoolA: 40
MetoolB: 40
MetoolC: 40
SpikeyA: 90
SpikeyB: 90

Battle 2 Start!
The readings on Jared's console changed abruptly... "We've got company. 3 Metools and a pair of Spikeys." Broadside responded quickly as he detected them as well... "Targets located. Time to extreme attack range: 10 seconds." Jared slotted in the Boomerang1, all 3 Shotguns, and the ZapRing as he said, "Sending chip data."

Broadside activated the Boomerang1 (causing a decent sized Boomerang to appear in his hand) waited until he was within attack range and threw it at the Metools. With the boomerang away, Broadside took evasive action, dashing to the side while drawing his weapon... He sighted on a Spikey as he ran, activated the ZapRing, and fired a stun blast at the hellhound. Without waiting for the results of his attack, he went evasive once again, accelerating his pace suddenly to throw off their aim, then slowing down to his previous pace once again after an extended sprint. He was determined to make them work for a hit.

Summary:
1: Boomerang1 at Metool Group [A, B, and C] (60 Wood + Group Attack)
2: Strafe Dodge
3: ZapRing @ Spikey A (40 Elec + 5 Bonus Damage + Stun)
4: Sprinting Dodge
The Boomerrang cuts through two mets and the Spikey is hit by the Zapring, though it shakes off the stun. It attacks, but misses.

MetoolA: DELETED!
MetoolC: DELETED!
SpikeyA: 45

((Can you list how much you get from the bonus in the future?))
((Will do, and I fixed my previous post to boot. It's all good. ))

As the battle progressed, something started nagging Jared about Broadside... but he couldn't figure out what. Lost to his own thoughts, he wasn't exactly paying attention... Is it just me or is he acting strangely?

Broadside, on the other hand, was as focused as Jared was distracted. The fireball that went blazing past saw to THAT! Broadside trained his weapon on the spikey that literally fired at him, and sent a shotgun blast in return with a squeeze of the trigger and an accompanying thought: I have no desire to be BBQ'ed, thanks... He then shifted his aim to the metool, and sent a second hail of sub-munitions down-range. As he did so, he shifted his balance, and landed on the ground with a thud... and began skidding across the ground like a baseball player trying to steal a base. I'll try anything once. I don't care how ridiculous I look... With this unfinished thought, Broadside extended his gun-wielding arm towards the other Spikey, and fired again as he finished his thought: ...Just so long as it works.

Summary:
1: Shotgun @ Spikey A (50 Null + Spread 1)
2: Shotgun @ Metool B (50 Null + Spread 1)
3: Base-stealing skidd... (It's a Dodge!)
4: Shotgun @ Spikey B (50 Null + Spread 1)

((EDIT: Bump? ))
The SHotguns rain down on the enemies, taking them all out.

MetoolA: DELETED!
MetoolB: DELETED!
MetoolC: DELETED!
SpikeyA:DELETED!
SpikeyB: DELETED!

Rewards: Guard, 250z
Broadside skidded to a stop, propped himself up with one arm, and managed to get into a kneeling position. He slung his rifle back into it's carrier, and stood up. This accopmlished, he ran over to the leftover data remains of the slain virii, and scooped it up. Upon closer examination... A Guard chip. Now I can defend myself in this form as well. As his thought ended, he sent the data to the PET... and took off for the source of the distress beacon once more...

Meanwhile, Jared snapped out of his reverie... "You know..." he paused, his tone whimsical "...you remind me of my previous Navi." Broadside's eyebrows flew up at this, Interesting. but his tone and vebal manner did not show his suprise at the out-of-left-field remark... "Stay focused." Jared covered a smile as he thought Yes, alot alike, yet so different. I wonder... Jared's thoughts began to wander again, but he realized it and silently scolded himself... No, now's not the time to wonder. Instead, Jared replied... "Alright, I'll drop it." while he thought with mischeif For now...

As Broadside continued to advance, Jared watched the scanners...

((Solo Battle #3))
Virus Attack!

SeedbatA: 50
SeedbatB: 50
SeedbatC: 50
BunnyA: 50
BunnyB: 50
BunnyC: 50
BunnyD: 50

Battle 3 Start!
Jared's Sci-Lab console beeped... Another group of virii... "More viruses ahead. 4 Bunnies and 3 Seedbats." Broadside's response was short and to the point as usual... "Roger."

Jared was about to slot in the usual complement of chips when inspiration struck him... Wait a second! That just might work! Jared slotted in a Wind Chip, a Bommerang1 Chip, and all 3 Shotgun Chips as he revealed his plan to Broadside: "Hey, use the Wind Chip to blow the flying enemies away, perhaps closer to the bunnies, line them up, and take them all out with the Boomerang and Shotguns. Feel up to giving it a shot?" Broadside considered his options, turning the plan over in his mind... "Quite an audacious tactic. I'll attept it."

Broadside suited actions to words as he activated the Wind Chip, causing a WindBox to appear before him which immediately began to send forth a mighty gale... Broadside waited behind the Box while he drew his weapon and activated hit Shotgun chips... He sigted on a Bunny, and fired a Shotgun blast at it, hoping to catch one of the other Virii caught in the malestrom. He sighted on a second bunny, and repeated the shot... His aim rode the recoil this time, taking aim at a Seedbat on-the-fly, and fired his third Shotgun round. The rapid-fire hail of sub-munitions flew at the targets like a cloud of death...

Summary:
1: Summon WindBox before Broadside to use as cover and to keep the enemies at-range, hopefully it might even keep them together.
2: Fire Shotgun @ Bunny A from behind the WindBox. (50 Null + Spread 1)
3: Fire Shotgun @ Bunny C from behing the WindBox. (50 Null + Spread 1)
4: Fire Shotgun @ SeedBat B from behind the Windbox. (50 Null + Spread 1)

((Bump))
The shotguns take down three bunnies and two seedbats are thrown together by the wind, both getting hit by a shotgun. A Bunny zaps the Wind, stunning it.

SeedbatA: DELETED!
SeedbatB: DELETED!
SeedbatC: 50
BunnyC: DELETED!
BunnyD: 50

Wind: 80(stun)
Jared watched as the planned tactic unfolded beautifully... "You're doing very well! I'm sending a Zapring, a Heatshot, and a Guard just in case." Broadside only nodded in response as Jared slotted in the aforementioned chips. Once he had received the data, he took a moment to put away his Guard Rifle, then activated the Boomerang1 Chip causing a wooden recurve to appear in his right hand... He whirled out from behind the
Windbox, and launched the boomerang at his foes with the force of the spin. He activated his Guard as his arm came around before him as a continuation of his throwing motion, causing the shield to appear directly before his body in a well-executed follow-through. Not one to leave things to chance, Broadside stepped back behind the Windbox once again, and drew his Guard Rifle once more.

Summary:
1: Holster weapon, and prep next attack. (Cover)
2: Boomerang1 @ remaining enemies (60 Wood + Group Attack)
3: Fast-Guard! (Reflect 1) [Shield is strapped to forearm.]
4: Duck behind Windbox, and draw Guard Rifle. (Dodge / Cover)
Both foes are slain by the boomerrang.

SeedbatA: DELETED!
SeedbatB: DELETED!
SeedbatC: DELETED!
BunnyC: DELETED!
BunnyD: DELETED!

Wind: 80(stun)

Rewards: 500z
Broadside jumped out from behind the WindBox, ready to shoot the survivors, only to find there were no survivors. Jared stifled a laugh quickly Haa! He's really getting into this... Broadside, completely unaware of Jared's thoughts, slung his custom weapon onto his back, deactivated his guard, and allowed the Windbox to dissipate as he walked over to acquire another pile of Zenny.

This accomplished, he started running through the net once more... "Broadside, what exactly is going on here?" Broadside responded almost immediately: "I'm going to investigate the source of the beacon's signal." This answer did not impress Jared one bit... "That's great and all, but have you stopped to consider what might be waiting for you there? You said the beacon was suddenly cut off. I'd assume whatever it was completely wiped out the Net Police force that was sent there. So, why do you insist on rushing into a possible trap?"

Broadside did not answer any of Jared's questions. Instead, he simply continued to run, and ignored his operator entirely while actively scanning for Viruses...

((Solo Battle #4))
Virus Attack!

MetoolC: 40
SpookyA: 50
SpookyB: 50
SpookyC: 50
SpikeyC: 90

Battle 4 Start!
"More viruses ahead! Quite a few of them... You've drawn a crowd it seems." Jared said in jest as he sifted through his chips, looking for something to even the odds... Ad stopped short as Broadside made a statement very much unlike him... "I'm too close now to be stopped by the likes of them." As Broadside spoke, Jared selected, and sent a Boomerang1, 3 Shotguns, and a Guard for the comming battle... What set him off?

Broadside activated the Boomerang1 as soon as he got the data and began to run around the enemy formation, seeking a good line of attack... Finding one that looked decent enough, he wound up for the throw, spun on his heels, and let the razor-sharp recurve fly. As a part of the same motion, he activated the Guard Chip; throwing up a quick defense. Then he tried to make himself as hard to hit as possible by sprinting away and around the enemy formation...

Summary:
1: Prep attack by getting into a better position.
2: Launch Boomerang1 @ enemy formation (60 Wood + Group Attack)
3: Fast Guard! (Reflect 1)
4: Become scarce! (Dodge)

A ghost and met are slain in the assault. A met's attack is reflected and a Spikey is dodged. A Spooky then licks the navi.

MetoolB: DELETED!
MetoolC: 30
SpookyA: DELETED!
SpookyB: 50
SpookyC: 50
SpikeyC: 90

Broadside: 85