Soundman and Runeknight

"Hmmm..." Soundman looked the viruses over, "There's also always the option of trying to kill the... erm..." Soundman quirked an eyebrow and sighed, unbelieving that there was a virus called this, "...Barks, in ((one turn)). But... I can do defense if that's what you need."

Trenn looked over their reservoir of chips and hmmed for a moment. hand lightly scratching his chin. "Well, we don't have any Elec attacks, but we do have some Fire and one Aqua attack. That leaves the sword as our best option for taking out the Barks, but... we'd only be able to take out one ((This turn))."

"Well they have to be at least somewhat tough, I'm sure you can all see what's left of that corpse they were munching on just as well as I can. And if his landing was anything like ours, he didn't die from the fall." Soundman muttered, crossing his arms. "Either way, if you want me on Defense, I can handle that. Are you sure, though?"

((Turn Splice))
Runeknight listened to Soundman's words, judging their merit, and shook his head. His comrade's plea held worth, but Runeknight could not afford to allow them to take chances with these viruses. Deep down, he knew that he would have to strike hard and fast if they were to have a chance of coming out of this alive. These strange new viruses, so much alike, but so vastly different from what he was used to, would not give them much room for mistakes. They were savage, vicious, and would tear him and Soundman apart without a second's remorse. These were the true viruses, the true monsters that lurked within the deepest shadows of the net. The fiends that Runeknight had felled in his career were nothing but cubs compared to these beasts.

"Perhaps," Runeknight conceded. "Perhaps you should attempt to strike at those fish with your newly acquired sword. However, I shall have focus on offense, using everything I have within me, and can afford little thought to protecting myself. I would trust in you for this. I have seen you shield Arion and those fallen NetPolice officers. I would have you do the same for me as I rush into this fray. Whatever strength you can spare, I will appreciate. But hearken, for there is little time left. If I should fall, then flee. Think not of vengeance for I would not have your life end here. Now, if we are agreed," Runeknight turned back to face the oncoming viruses. He thrust his spear skyward in defiance. "TO WAR!"

Runeknight charged.

The viruses awaited their meal.

Tonight, they would burn in hell with empty stomachs.

The dark knight rushed toward the snarling creatures, his soul aflame as he stared down the pair of cactus-headed beasts on his right. They would be the first to fall. Runeknight called upon the power that lurked within him, summoning forth the fiery energy that yearned for release. Runeknight could feel Zan's strength amplifying his own, his lord's mystical energy mingling and calling forth the ancient weapons that were sealed within the Rune Sphere.

Wings of cobalt flame emerged from Runeknight's armored back, ten feet of fire enveloping him in either direction. The knight shouted an intelligible cry, a word of command that dominated the spirit of the flames. The inferno lifted from Runeknight's body, taking form to become a phoenix that soared a few feet above the charging Navi. The phoenix shrieked a piercing cry that rends the air. The fiery spirit picked up speed, surpassing Runeknight and swooping in front of him to lead the charge. It hurdled through the air, a swiftly moving inferno that was bearing down on the duo of cactus creatures. The flaming bird dived down, its fires scorching the earth and charring anything it its path, and banked to the left, it's path taking it straight for one of the fish creatures that lurked on the opposite side of the viral horde.

As the phoenix took flight, Runeknight adjusted his course. The knight pivoted to his left and fell into a sidelong roll that brought him up a few yards from the electrical fiends. As Runeknight regained his feet, he stomped the earth with one armored boot. The ground in front of him shattered under the force of the blow and a submerged tree stump rose from the earth. As the stump rose to chest height, Runeknight lashed out, pumping his arm in a devastating right cross. His mailed fist smashed against the wood, splintering it into three pieces and sending two wooden projectiles hurdling toward the savage viruses.

Runeknight caught the third piece of splintered wood in his grasp and focused his power into a surge of cobalt flames. The fire licked the wood, consuming it and reshaping it to Runeknight's will. In his hand, Runeknight now held a black lacquered boomerang banded with blue steel at each end. The knight hefted the boomerang and moved in a tight pirouette before releasing it to spiral toward the electrical viruses and another of their fishy counterparts.

Finally, Runeknight lowered his hand, crossing his arm over his body so his left hand dangled by his right side waist. A blast of cobalt flame soared from his fingertips, extending four feet beyond his back. The flames writhed in his grasp, churning like the fires of creation, before bellowing out and vanishing altogether. In the fires wake was a majestic sword crafted from blackened steel with a silver crosspiece and hilt wrapped in black leather. A single sapphire sat in the pommel of the sword, shining with an inner light that mirrored the ethereal glow of the runes carved in the four foot blade.

Runeknight held the sword aloft, tip poised to piece the sky, and shouted once more.

"Sire, send me your strength to vanquish these foul beasts!"

In response, the sky darkened and a bolt of silvery lightning flashed. The electricity struck the sword and spiraled along the blade, dancing in a continuous arc and imbuing the sword with its power. Runeknight smiled grimly beneath his visor and glared across the battlefield at the two fishlike beasts that awaited him. He spun the sword in a quick spiral, loosening his wrist for the fight that awaited him, and dashed forward. He came within a few feet of the fish and twisted, spinning lightly on his heels, and flashing the sword in a wicked backhand slash. The electrical charge flew from the sword in a wave, slicing through the air as it made it's way toward the monstrous fishy fiends.

Summary:
(Rune of Vigor is active: +25 HP Regen)

1. PhoenixShot(80 Fire DMG) to Cacty2A, Cacty2B and BarkA
2. RingLog(50 Wood DMG) to SillyA and B
3. Boomerang(60 Wood DMG) to SillyA, SillyB and BarkB
4. WideSword(80 Slashing DMG) to BarkA, BarkB and SillyA
5. Lord's Judgment(50 Elec DMG) to BarkA and B
By the time Runeknight had charged, Soundman was already healing himself, already buffing up his companion's defenses--

Sure, it sounded really really annoying playing Metal *and* Classical music out of his speakers at the same time, and there was the fact that there was enough sheet music flying around to give Mozart more than a few music-induced fevers, as well, but there were times when you made the music sound pretty and times where it was just more important that it was played, Soundman rationalized.

As both songs became downright bellowing, seemingly fighting for vocal dominance inside Soundman's speakers as they neared their end, the musical blueprints called sheet music zipped and zagged and generally flew in every which direction in an absurdly violent crescendo of- not quite epic proportions. He was only a one-man band, after all. Not an Orchestra, or something.

...Right?

The music finally died down around that point, sheet music becoming not-quite-so-frantic as it dashed into its' pre-programmed positions; in Soundman's case, this was *into* him, repairing and fixing and generally just making him healthier overall. In Runeknight's case, this was forming a large sphere around him, the bottom of which simply intruded into the ground, making it appear as though Runeknight was covered by a dome. ...Of sheet music.

The sheet music that had collected into a protective bubble around Runeknight by this point seemingly ceased existing, only appearing in split-second patches whenever something attempted to strike him, accompanied by a not-quite-flash of expression on Soundman's face, and a not-quite-dimming of the singular note that hung in the air, an utterance that promised protection as long as it held.

And then Soundman charged. With a cry of "Widesword, Trenn!", he brandished a giant, would-be-two-handed blade, and sped past Runeknight. He would face the two Barks head-on, it had seemed, had he not jumped into the air. Momentum from his time on the ground pushed Soundman through the air like some form of virtual human projectile, and as he began to fall he reeled his sword-arm back...

...And made a wide, sweeping slash at both of the Barks. Somewhere during the slash, Soundman's Widesword had switched arms, as well, and he took the opportunity to make a second quick swipe at the two aqua-based viruses before he, quite frankly, got the fuck out of dodge.

((And of course, Zan completely dominates my post length this round. >>; ))

1: Heaing Serenade (60 Heal @ Soundman)
2: Restez (80 HP barrier @ Runeknight)
3: Widesword (80 @ Bark A and Bark B)
4: Widesword (80 @ Bark A and Bark B)
Runeknight and Soundman quickly spring into action, healing and launching an offensive. Unfortunately, the viruses are faster. Much faster. A Cacty slams his head into Soundman, lifting him bodily from the ground. The other Cacty flings his head forwards, but slipped up in a bit of the Navi goo still on it's mouth, and it spins out of control. One Silly launched a ball of electricity towards Runeknight, electrifying him. A Bark, moving erratically, launches a tidal wave of water, which crashes over the party, almost sending Runekight to the next net, so to speak.

Luckily, that was the end for these viruses. Though battered, the navis onslaught strikes true, obliterating these savage viruses from existence.

BarkA: DELETED
BarkB: DELETED
SillyA: DELETED
SillyB: DELETED
Cacty2A: DELETED
Cacty2B: DELETED

Runeknight: 26 (80HPBarr) (Stunx1)
Soundman: 30

VICTO--

Suddenly, a scuffle is heard from behind a collapsed building. "Hey! They've found us! RUN!" Three Navi's explode outwards, darting towards the pair. Two of the Navi's are clearly NetMafia, one is even clutching a glowing blue Mystery Data, no doubt loot from the battles prior. The third is just as clearly NetPolice, but he seems to be injured and is moving slower than the others. Behind them are several more viruses, thirsty for blood.

The Police Officer stumbles and falls, and gives out a cry for help. The Mafia Navi not carrying anything hesitates as his partner bolts onwards. Turning, the Mafia Navi runs back, grabs the fallen Officer, and half carries, half drags him onwards.

The trio meets up with the pair just as these new viruses converge on them.

Runeknight: 26 (80HPBarr) (Stunx1)
Soundman: 30
MafiaGoonA: 100 (Carrying BMD: 10HP)
MafiaGoonB: 120
PoliceOfficer: 60

Metool2A: 100
Metool2B: 100
Metool2C: 100
Swordy2A: 120
Swordy2B: 120
OldHeaterA: 130
OldHeaterB: 130
OldHeaterC: 130

Battle Four, Part Two!
CONTINUE!
"Si-Sire..." Runeknight stuttered as the electricity pumped through his body. "Ha-ave we de-de-defeated-ed them?"

"That group is down for the count, but it looks like another is hot on their trail."

"How c-can we pre-prevail?"

"No worries. Those last viruses were a little too quick for us, but it looks like Soundman managed to place a barrier around you. We'll use that to lead the charge. Just watch out 'cause Soundman is a little worse for wear and we'll need to do what we can to see him through this."

"An-nd the NetPo-Olice?"

"Not much we can do. Unfortunately, it looks like we're on our own here. We'll protect him if we have the chance, but right now I am more concerned with getting you and Soundman out of harm's way. Same goes for the Mafia. If we get the chance, we'll go for the apprehension, but our resources are spread a little thin."

"I wo-woul..."

"I don't like it any more than you do, but we do what we must in order to survive."

"As...As you s-say, S-Sire."

"Now, you still have your sword so make use of it. Cut down those overzealous Metool and then go to work on whatever those fiery furnace things are. It isn't much, but I'll send you the Recov30 for Soundman. Do you best and try not to let those bastards drag you down!"

Runeknight nodded in grim determination as he stared down the viruses that confronted him and his companions. Electricity still surged throughout his body, jolts of white lightning that danced along his jet black armor, while Soundman's barrier settled over him as a faint blue shimmer of light. Runeknight twirled his sword in his hands, its ebony form leaving a faint afterimage as it spun about, as he planned his strike. The metool were obviously the weakest of the viruses, despite their surge in power from what he was accustomed to, but were they weak enough to be felled by a single blow from his sword? The Navi doubted that this was the case. Still, if he weakened them enough, perhaps Soundman could finish the deed.

Runeknight charged forward, his cobalt cape billowing in the tainted wind of the dark network. The runes engraved on his sword flashed brightly, the Rune of Breaking flaring to life and shining brighter than all the rest. Runeknight bore down on the first Metool, his sword flashing across in a horizontal slash at the diminutive creature. He hoped to cleave the virus in twain, but he was no longer sure of the power that he held within him compared to these denizens of the deep net. Another Metool reared before him and Runeknight pivoted to his left, bringing his sword down in a wicked backhand chop. A third Metool rose to confront him and Runeknight smashed down with his sword, both hands gripping the leather wrapped hilt to decimate anything that stood in his way.

Doubting his success, but knowing that he dared not spend too much time in melee range of the viruses, Runeknight leaped away from the trio of Metool. He felt that perhaps he should concentrate on the fiery viruses that stood to the right of the group. Runeknight summoned his reserves of strength, channeling the remnants of his energy into his blade. A shimmer of aqua light spread across the jet black blade, a liquid sheen that rippled of its own accord. The knight took aim at the trio of flaming viruses, steeling himself for what he was about to do. Runeknight took three steps forward and then pivoted to his left. The Navi spun into a short pirrouette, slicing the sword though the air in a backhand motion, and released the hilt to send it hurling toward the viruses.

Runeknight didn't bother to watch the blade spin toward its mark, instead running over to Soundman and producing a small crystal vial filled with a light blue liquid. Runeknight offered the vial to Soundman with a quick smile.

"This isn't much, but it should relieve some of your wounds."

Summary:
Rune of Vigor is active(Heal by 20)
1. STUN'D!
2. WideSword(Break Imbued 80 DMG) to Metool2A, B and C
3. Dodge
4. Wideshot(60, Aqua) to OldHeaterA, B and C
5. Recov30 to Soundman
((Yeah yeah, quit'cher bellyachin'. I was busy this week. Apologies.))

"Thanks." Soundman said graciously, grasping the vial and popping its' cork off. He pulled the small container to his lips with a thirst in his eyes, and drank the whole of its' contents in one swift, loud gulp.

He pulled the tiny glass vial away from his lips once he'd emptied it with a sigh, then went to hand it back to Runeknight- only to discover it was gone. Huh.

Soundman blinked for a moment, bewildered, then dismissed his train of thought and tilted his head towards the enemies, casting a calculating glance across the battlefield.

"Trenn." He said simply, eyes steeling as he looked onward.

"Yeah. We can't just curl up and die now, can we?" In the real world, Trenn grinned as he checked over Soundman's stats. "You should be able to take a decent hit or two if you charge, but the threat I'm worried about most is those Swordy. They're close-combat masters, if I remember right... and that doesn't bode well for either you or Runeknight."

"I can see the point of that, Trenn, but... what about the other viruses? I don't think Runeknight's attacks will quite finish them off." Soundman said worriedly over the now-private line, the harsh look in his eyes faltering.

"We'll take out those after we've smacked up the Swordy viruses a fair bit." Trenn seemed to just smile past Soundman's worries, and this showed heavily in his voice, but in truth the operator was worried. His- heck, his everything was sweating, he was rapidly tapping his foot on the ground without any sort of pace or rhythm, and he found himself glancing at the Jack Out button far too often, despite the fact that he knew it wouldn't work.

"Go ahead and take out those Swordy viruses, and we'll see what we can do from there. Just try not to get hit." Trenn said, pulling up a small third-person view of the battlefield.

"Alright Trenn." Soundman replied, determination flaring in his eyes once more. "Let's go!"

And so Soundman charged. His feet seemed to leave the ground entirely as he sped forward, the constant, unwavering hum of his Restez sig like blood music in his ears as he ran into what he knew could be his death. What should, given his odds, be his death. And yet he still charged anyway.

He neared the Swordy viruses far too quickly, right arm cocked left across his chest, and let out a guttural roar of battle as he stopped, using his residual momentum to cut a deadly, left-to-right arc through the air with his Widesword. The blade pushed the virtual air out of its' way- no, that was incorrect, it rent the air in two, Soundman would rationalize later, with a small, nearly-imperceptible whistle as his arm propelled it through the air towards his right.

Soundman's sword-arm snapped back at the end of the arc with far too much force, pulling on his shoulder with enough power to rip it clean off if he were human. But that was a big 'if'. His digital muscles pulled and strained to move his arm back forward into an acceptable position, and he let out a small cry as he brought his sword-arm back forward to strike again.

The Widesword seemed brilliant when he brought it back through the air again, shining as it continued back towards him with that same, deadly promise. But this time Soundman would not allow his own force to be turned against him. This time, he would use it to his advantage.

Soundman spun with the strike, the momentum making him do a full 360 before he managed to get it under control. He didn't stop for one singular second, but turned instead towards the Metool. He suddenly thrust his arm out to the side and glared, then ran, full-tilt, towards the Metool.

Soundman knew that he should stop, his mind was screaming for him go back to Runeknight and defend for all he was worth, but his body wasn't listening. His legs still pulled him forward, his arm still tensed as it steeled itself to clothesline the Metool viruses that he was racing towards.

Soundman finally reached the Metool after what was, in reality, a short dash, but seemed to him to be an eternity. He ran past the Metool in a classic clothesline with a new twist- that being his blade. If the little things didn't preemptively duck below their helmets, this would cut them in two. His senses numbed as he completed the run, Widesword disappearing off of his arm as he stopped suddenly, then backflipped.

Time slowed to a stop. Soundman watched the battlefield for forever and a day as he hung, upside down, gazing at his work. A chip suddenly reached him, and he knew exactly what to do next. What would finish his run, what might, just might, god-willing, finish the last of the viruses. His arm shot outward in slow-motion, index finger outstretched like a gun, and a small, crystalline, sapphire orb shot from his fingertip toward the ground near the OldHeater viruses.

Time started again with a jolt, and Soundman suddenly found himself sprawled out on the ground, defenseless. He silently prayed that he had gotten them all...

1: Widesword (80) @ Swordy2 viruses
2: Widesword (80) @ Swordy2 viruses
3: Widesword (80) @ Metool2 viruses
4: Icewave1 (80 Aqua) @ Any of the OldHeater viruses

--Sig Cooldowns--

Healing Serenade: 1 TCD
Restez: In Use
Runeknight moves into action first. His inital sword swing cleanly hits all three Metool, sending three loud clangs outwards. He narrowly dodges a counterattack from one of the Mets, but a second connects, obliterating the barrier as if it wasn't there. Runeknight's luck doesn't get any better as he fires at the OldHeaters, the shot, ironically, goes wide, only clipping a single virus. He does succeed at healing Soundman, however.

Speaking of Soundman, he powerfully rips through the Swordys, but one of them parries his second swung, knocking it off course. Soundman still recovers enough from the adjustment to finish off the Mets, though. His final, last ditch Icewave did strike true, though only because one had moved to start attacking the trio of unnamed Navis.

The 'unnamed' also appeared to be 'unarmed'. The PoliceOfficer fires several rounds of buster fire over past the front of the MafiaGoon that had saved him, firing at random viruses. The Goon seemed to be preoccupied trying to heal the wounded officer, a mistake, as the OldHeater moved forward to fire at him, hitting hard before it was swiftly deleted by Soundman. The third Navi clutches to the BMD tightly, protecting it from a bodyblow by a Swordy. It must be pretty valuable for him to be guarding it so fiercely...

Runeknight: 26
Soundman: 60
MafiaGoonA: 40 (Carrying BMD: 10HP)
MafiaGoonB: 80
PoliceOfficer: 70

Metool2A: DELETED
Metool2B: DELETED
Metool2C: DELETED
Swordy2A: 35
Swordy2B: 40
OldHeaterA: DELETED
OldHeaterB: DELETED
OldHeaterC: 125
"Soundman, do you still have that Widesword?" Trenn suddenly queried, throwing Soundman out of his slight stupor. The navi in question got up off the ground and took a look around the battlefield, then at his right arm-- the Widesword was still there.

"Yeah, but it's looking pretty worse for wear. It's probably only got one swipe left, if that." Soundman inspected the once-gleaming, now dull blade closely, and ran a hand along its' surface, feeling the cracks that seemed to rend the metal like some sort of odd wound.

"One swipe is all we need. Or a throw in this case, rather." Trenn chuckled, bringing up a small marker over the Swordy that only Soundman could see. "Toss it at them, then we'll follow it up with some more... fire... power. Runeknight can probably handle that Oldheater alone."

Trenn opened up a channel to Runeknight's operator while Soundman seemed to weigh up the plan in his mind, and spoke. "Soundman's going to try to finish off those Swordy viruses-- try to take out the last Oldheater with Runeknight, could you? I'll have him aid you if he can, but those things caught his Widesword once last time, so he might have some trouble taking them out."

Trenn closed the channel to Runeknight's operator with a nod after hearing his response, and then turned his attention to Soundman. "Alright then, the plan is set. Let's go!"

Soundman didn't reply verbally, his only response pulling his arm back and then hurling his now-detached Widesword at the Swordy. It spun through the air in a sort of helicopter-blade spin, and Soundman was hot on its' trail, taking off into a dash.

The navi's feet made a rapid staccato of noises when they impacted ground on the ground as he ran, a sound almost akin to a match being struck every time he stepped. Soundman sped up as the Widesword began to slow down, and he jumped into the air. He made a grab for the blade with the arm it had been attached to before, and then spun with it, landing like some sort of freakish top smack dab in-between the two Swordy, whirling round and round on the toes of his shoes.

Soundman stopped after a full 360-degree spin, smacking his feet down on the ground in a stance as his Widesword disappeared with a puff of smoke, seemingly expended. The navi's feet caught on fire with a striking noise that seemed more defined this time than when he had been running, and the flames quickly spread up to encase him entirely in a virtual inferno.

"BURNER!" Soundman cried, and the flames exploded outward in a whipping, lashing firestorm that seemed to want to incinerate everything near the navi, save for Soundman himself. The flames then extinguished, gone as suddenly as they had came, leaving Soundman standing dead-smack in the middle of a scorched circle on the ground.

"Are you alright, Soundman?" Trenn called over the private line.

"Yeah..." Soundman huffed, hunching over, hands-on knees, "I'm... I'm good. Just... just a little... out of breath." Soundman laughed, letting ou t a small "Hoo!" before standing up straight. He then turned his attention to the Oldheater.

Soundman's fist erupted into flames with a crackle, (You'd think he was a Fire navi with all the crap he's pulled this turn, eh?) and the musical navi reeled back his arm. Soundman punched forward, a blow accompanied by a burst that seemed to happen all at once, and a small, fist-like ball of fire launched itself from his fist, leaving a trail of smoke and the smell of burned ozone behind it as it seared the air itself.

The navi then shouted. "Runeknight, move back!" He held up a hand, then messed with his internal settings, purposefully setting them to a level where they'd produce nothing but feedback. And feedback is what he got. An invisible wave of sound, accompanied by a high-pitched, ear-splittingly loud half-screech, half-whine, tore its' way out of his palm-speaker and raced after the Firehit, seemingly trying to beat it to the OldHeater.

1: Widesword (80) @ Swordy2 Viruses
2: Burner (130, Fire) @ Swordy2 Viruses
3: Firehit1 (60, Fire) @ OldHeater C
4: Whine (80) @ OldHeater C
Runeknight staggered back, cursing under his breath as he watched his arching wave of energy fly wide and clip only a single virus. The veil of azure light that surrounded Runeknight was beginning to fracture, fragmented pieces falling to the earth to shatter like glass. Soundman's barrier was broken, smashed by a single blow from a Metool. The Navi stumbled and collapsed to one knee. He shook his head to clear the blurriness that invaded his vision. The strength of these fiendish viruses was amazing.

"Sire," Runeknight mumbled over a private channel as he pushed himself back to his feet. "I know not how much more I can withstand. If we are not careful, we shall be overrun."

"I know," Zan answered. "Believe me, I know. We should be able to take out this group soon enough. With any luck, I'll be able to get us out of here before any more of those viruses show up." Runeknight heard a low beep from Zan's microphone. "Hold on. It looks like Trenn has something to say. I'm going to patch him through."

Zan tapped a button on his keyboard to allow Trenn's private channel to open. Within seconds, the voice of Soundman's operator spoke in his ear.

"Soundman's going to try to finish off those Swordy viruses-- try to take out the last Oldheater with Runeknight, could you? I'll have him aid you if he can, but those things caught his Widesword once last time, so he might have some trouble taking them out."

"No worries," Zan answered back. "We've still got a few tricks up our sleeves. Do what you need to do and we'll keep those bastards off your back." Zan turned his attention back to Runeknight. "Alright, I'm going to send you a few BattleChips that'll help sweep the field. Use Rune Purge to heal up a bit and then unload on those viruses. If you feel up to it, I'll send you a Guard as well."

"As you say, Sire." Runeknight answered.

The knight cast his gaze over the viruses that remained, searching for the likeliest target for his spell. Runeknight focused on the squat, fiery beast, thinking that it would be the easiest of the viruses to hit. The Navi raised his left arm toward the virus, chanting off a quick spell channel his will and harness the forces locked within the runic void. A cobalt aura flashed to life around his armored hand and grew in strength as Runeknight's words gained volume. A circle of darkness opened beneath the Oldheater, a still pool of inky blackness that spread beneath the virus on all sides. Though the pool seemed quiet, demonic energies writhed beneath the surface, begging to be released. Runeknight granted its wish. A single shout and tendrils of flame erupted from beneath the pool, fiendish appendages that snaked about in search of anything they could feed on. The flaming tentacles lashed across the surface of the pool, seeking out any viruses in reach to drain what life force they could. Runeknight smiled grimly beneath his visor, knowing that a portion of any energy they absorbed would be transferred to restore his strength and heal his wounds.

Runeknight let the spell die down and turned his attention to the remaining viruses. He knew these creatures were powerful and far more experienced that the run of the mill viruses that he usually dealt with. These monstrosities held within them an innate knowledge, an animalistic instinct that placed them as more predator than prey. Runeknight and Soundman would have to lay down enough fire power to ensure that it would be virtually impossible for the viruses to survive. Runeknight glanced at his companion, just as Soundman launched a fireball at the Oldheater, and knew what he had to do.

Runeknight could feel the energy of Zan's BattleChips burning within him, surging throughout his body and yearning to be unleashed. Runeknight summon forth the wave of energy, jets of cobalt flame exploding from his back like the wings of an avenging angel. The wings unfurled, extending to a span of twenty feet. The fiery wings flapped once, the flames spreading to engulf the Navi's shoulder and arms. The wings flapped twice and the knight was consumed entirely, the wings writhing to form a swirling tornado of azure flames. Runeknight shouted from within the tornado and the fires split into twin columns that spiraled around each other as they reached to the sky. Runeknight raised his arms, reaching high, and the tips of each column responded by forming into the heads of birds of prey. The Navi waited until Soundman was out of harm's way before shouting and chopping his arms downward.

"PHOENIX!" Runeknight shouted.

The infernos responded to his words and his movements, the fiery birds arching away from the spiraling columns to twist about and dive toward the remaining trio of viruses. The birds screeched in unison, the cry of the hunter resounding across the battlefield. The two flaming entities roared toward the viruses, intent on engulfing them in the all consuming flame.

"Runeknight, move back!" Soundman cried.

Runeknight turned to see his companion readying another of his sonic strikes. The knight responded within an instant, dashing away from the viruses and toward the three unknown Navi who had been trying to escape the viral hordes. Runeknight dived at the last second, determined not to be caught within the resonance of Soundman's attack, and fell into a roll that brought him to his knees right in front of the NetPolice officer. Runeknight twisted to face the viruses and raised his right arm to defend his body. The jet black metal of his greaves shifted and began to flow like mercury. His armor formed a massive shield of ebony steel that would protect Runeknight from any attacks directed toward him. Hopefully it would be enough to protect the three weakened Navi as well.

Summary:
Rune of Vigor is active (Heal for 25)
1. Rune Purge to OldHeater(80 Fire DMG w/ a 30 Heal to Runeknight)
2. PhoenixShot(80 Fire) to Swordies and OldHeater
3. PhoenixShot(80 Fire) to Swordies and OldHeater
4. Dodge toward NetPolice and Mafia Goons
5. Guard1 to self/Navi trio
The viruses seem to be focused mostly on the Mystery Data, as they focus attacking on the Navi cradling it.

It seems like that Mafia Goon was so bent on protecting it, he forgot to protect himself. A single strike from a Swordy obliterates him. The other two Navis fire another buster salvo at it, just barely deleting it.

Even stronger viruses are just viruses, and Soundman finishes off the remaining Swordy while Runeknight deletes the OldHeater. Everything sort of falls back into the eeire calm that was before the battle.

Exahusted, the Police and Mafia remaining just look at each other, busters drawn. Slowly, they both holster their weapons, and the Policeman actually extends his hand to the Mafiaman, who accepts it. Maybe a new beginning is on the horizion...

The Policeman grabs the BMD that is laying on the ground, a bit worse for the wear, but intact. He beckons the other three Navis to him as he opens it. "Well, since you guys all saved my life, it's only fair we all get a share." he says as he breaks the seal, revealing a large cashe of Zenny, which he then splits between the four of them.

As Runeknight and Soundman gather up the rest of their spoils, something in the sky begins to shift. The moving web overhead is quickly sealing closed! Long tendrills reach down, wrapping around the four Navis, pulling them up into the air, faster, and faster...

As the clear upwards in the air, looking down, they can see the Net sealing shut, a huge gaping maw closing, hiding a dreadful secret...

And then, quite suddenly, they find themselves in their PETs.

REWARDS:
Soundman: Thunder2, 2500Z, 5000Z, 12FXP
Runeknight: Thunder2, 2500Z, 5000Z, 12FXP