Bite the Bullet

"And here we are," Majinman said, redirecting himself from Scilab Net to Yumland and then finally Yumland Rogue.

"Posting the request now, so until then just have fun," Wes said, though since he was looking at another screen being projected from his PET, it was obvious he wasn't really paying attention.

"That was the idea. Though really, if I just wanted to kill a little bit of time, was this really the best time to decide to move up a level?" Majinman placed a finger on his chin and grinned mischiviously, demonstrating that he didn't doubt himself quite as much as his statement might lead others to believe.

((Battle 1))
((Bump))
((Bumpity))
Starting his trek through the Rogue Yumland network, Majinman did not have to go far for any enemies; three Gloomers already stood guard at the teleporter, presumably to camp for unsuspecting Navis. They started at the sight of Majinman, and readied their weapons!

-- ENEMIES --
Gloomer A: 140 HP
Gloomer B: 140 HP
Gloomer C: 140 HP

-- NAVIGATOR --
MajinMan.EXE: 200 HP

-- TERRAIN --
100% Soil

-- ROGUE BATTLE 01, READY? START!! --
"A gloomy boomerrang virus? What am I supposed to do, hit them with anti-depressents?" Majinman said, looking back at the moniter with one of his hands trembling.

Wes stared at his navi. He figured that he was joking but at the same time, something about his tone made him question it. He had to stop himself from saying that it was probably just a name assigned to the virus because it rhymed with its base form's, "Uh... well... I think you should probably just use fire, like you normally do. That should probably work... I think."

"Sheesh, what's with you? If you have a plan, say it clearly. Sounding indecisive like that won't impress anyone. But yes, as you said, let's do the obvious thing and use fire. Why not use my specialty against something that it is particularly effective against? Seriously, kid..."

Okay, that cleared that up: His navi was just good at screwing with him. Wes contempalated explaining why he had been studying but got the feeling that not only would it be unproductive, but could end up with him looking even more foolish. It was probably better to just slot in the appropriate chips and let it go... for now. The next round would be his, though, "Right, right... Sending Phoenixshot, Flameline and Firehit," as Wes slotted in the chips, he took a look at the data for the terrain type, "Also sending Grasszone. As things stand right now, that Soil terrain should speed up those three. Changing the floor to something else should make them easier to hit. Also, I think their weapons can also block attacks, so try and get them to fire those things before attacking."

"Get them to fire those things, eh?" Majinman paused, holding his chin as he thought, then smirked, "Yeah, I think I can do that. Okay, let's get things started." Majinman pressed a hand to the ground, changing a good portion of the terrain the grass before standing back up and lifting into the air. That should give him a better vantage point, as well as assure that he would remain unaffected by the terrain, not that grass should be a problem in this situation. He then called forth his wisps, "Okay, you two, I have a mission. You better not screw it up or there will be trouble."

The pair shaked, either in an attempt to nod or as a way or expressing fear, and then shot off towards the trio of enemies. They flew in front of the enemy, rubbing against the front of the viruses. With this, Majinman hoped to make them either sneeze, or become irritated enough to attack his decoys. Once they seemed open, he would attack.

Sitting up in the sky, Majinman stared down at the three, eyeing them up. Well, this seemed like as good of time as any to attack. He generated a large pair of fiery wings behind him, which he launched downwards at his aggressors. As the attack hit the ground, the grass caught fire, revealing soil terrain. Majinman raised an eyebrow, "Okay, what help is changing the ground if my attacks just switch it right back?"

"If you take them all out in one go, it won't be a problem," Wes replied.

"Yeah, yeah, no pressure, I guess... though it's not like I'm scared either way. I just don't like doing pointless things," turning his gaze once again to the viruses, Majinman raised a hand, summoning forth flames from the ground which he aimed to engulf the group with. He then looked around for any straglers and, igniting his fist, released a flaming punch that flew through the air at his target. Majinman then decided to wait and see the results, dodging if it proved to be needed.

((1.) Grasszone, turn large area into Grass terrain
2.) take flight
*Will O'Wisp Entourage, try to make the Gloomers fire
3.) Phoenixshot1, 70+15 Fire (A), GloomerA/B/C
4.) Flameline1, 70+15 Fire (B), GloomerA/B/C
5.) Firehit1, 60+25 (A), anything remaining
6.) Dodge))
Turning the soil beneath the Gloomers into grass, Majinman took flight as he sent his wisps down to distract the Gloomers. They took the bait and launched their boomerangs at the wisps, with little success. Majinman started his assault on the Gloomers with fervor, first unloading a powerful firebird on them. All but one of the viruses managed to dodge the attack, and the one hit was immediately incinerated. One FlameLine later, and they were dead.

-- ENEMIES --
Gloomer A: DELETED
Gloomer B: DELETED
Gloomer C: DELETED

-- NAVIGATOR --
MajinMan.EXE: 200 HP

-- TERRAIN --
100% Soil

-- ROGUE BATTLE 01, VICTORY!! --

-- REWARDS --

1350z
"And.... they're dead," Majinman said, as he shrugged and smiled with a self-satisfied look on his face.

"That they are though they left behind a pretty decent sum, given that it was just the three of them," Wes observed, tallying their new zenny total, "These upgraded viruses are something else, at least as far as our wallet is concerned."

"Whoa, you're right. I almost missed that. I think I'm going to enjoy this new area just fine," Majinman grinned, his thoughts full of avarice, "Let's keep on shaking these fools down."

((Battle 2))
((Bumpity))
Moving through the Yumland Rogue network, Majinman was looking around for some viruses when he heard a faint buzzing from somewhere. Following the source of the noise, he found that the buzzing was from a horde of Skeeter viruses swarming around a green sword-wielder virus. The Swordy spotted Majinman and pointed its blade at him, to which the Skeeter responded with angry buzzing, launching themselves at him.

-- ENEMIES --
Skeeto A: 80 HP (Swarming around Swordy)
Skeeto B: 80 HP (Swarming around Swordy)
Skeeto C: 80 HP (Swarming around Swordy)
Skeeto D: 80 HP (Swarming around Swordy)
Swordy-W2: 160 HP (Grass)

-- NAVIGATOR --
MajinMan.EXE: 200 HP (Soil)

-- TERRAIN --
40% Grass
60% Soil (Around grass)

-- ROGUE BATTLE 02, READY? START!! --
"So all of them in one big ol' happy group, eh? Well this should be fun," Majinman said. He crossed his arms and raised his hands up to either side of his face, rising into the air as he did so.

"By fun, I assume you mean easy. And I wouldn't under-estimate the situation," while Wes agreed that this grouping would make them quite easy to target with an attack that had an area of effect, he also knew that the moment they relaxed would be the moment that would get taken down. Plus, his navi was arrogant enough as it was. He wasn't about to say anything that would make his even more over-confident, "I assume you want an AoE. I also assume from that pose that you're making that you want to be menancing and fire the attack yourself, like the Phoenixshot. However, those... bugs? appear to be somewhat agile. It'd be better to use Flameline since that comes from below them, thus it'd be harder to see coming. That said, sending Flameline1 and Firehit1. That should be enough to take out everything below you. You can use your rings for assurance."

"Fine, fine, buzzkill," Majinman muttered, relaxing his position and glaring down at the group of five still on the ground. He raised a finger, summoning a short wall of flames to leap from the ground, with the intention of taking down a few of the Skeetoes floating about. After that, he plucked off his earrings, enlarged them, and then threw them at the enemies. The two spun and heated up as the traveled, aiming for two of the Skeetoes. After they had shot past once, the pair doubled back, this time making a pass at the Swordy, as well as another one of the insects, before whizzing back up to their owner.

"Well all that probably stirred them up. While you don't normally use your decoys without a specific reason, you should probably bring them out. Any of those bugs that are left will probably start moving soon and they can fly, so anything you can distract them with would probably be helpful," Wes suggested.

"If you insist," Majinman sighed, conjuring his two Wisps, which placed themselves in between himself and his targets, hoping to make a more appealing target than their master. While the navi should have been happy that the kid he was in charge of was finally taking charge, for some reason, he was mostly just feeling irritated at being bossed around. Oh well, at least he had sound logic and just wasn't being a goober. That thought aside, it was about time for him to get back on the offensive.

Majinman generated a large amount of heat around his right hand. He pulled it back in a fist and then slammed it forward, launching a fiery replica through the air, towards the Swordy. After that, he prepared to dodge. If these Skeetoes were indeed agile, he'd need to be careful. He concentrated hard, ready to dash through the air, out of the way of any rush attacks these guys sent his way.

((1.) Take flight
2.) Flameline1- 70+15 Fire (B ), SkeetoA/B/C
3.) 60 Fire/Slashing, SkeetoB/C/D/Swordy-W2
*Will O'Wisp Entourage, Decoy x2
4.) Firehit1, 60+25 Fire, Swordy-W2
5.) Dodge
6.) Dodge))
Nonchalantly lifting off into the air, MajinMan prepared to attack the swarming viruses. His initial FlameLine assault fried two of the Skeetoes and sent the other two flying in the opposite direction to escape the heat. The Swordy followed at a slower pace, only to be struck by a ring as it did. The other viruses were too quick for the rings and avoided them easily. His next move was to send his Wisps out. The two managed to get the attention of the Skeetoes for a few moments and prevent them from attacking while MajinMan sent a flaming punch straight into the Swordy.

-- ENEMIES --
Skeeto A: DELETED
Skeeto B: 80 HP
Skeeto C: DELETED
Skeeto D: 80 HP
Swordy-W2: DELETED

-- NAVIGATOR --

-- TERRAIN --
39% Grass
61% Soil (Around grass)
Majinman raised an eyebrow as he watched the events play out, "Whoa, you sure called that. Those things are fast," he was now glad he had listened to his netop rather than disregarding his request for the wisps, "That said, how do you suggest we handle these things? The Markcannons are our best bet for scoring a hit, but they won't do enough damage to take them down."

"Well, I guess my suggestion would be stun. After all, speed doesn't matter if you can't move," Wes said, selecting a set of four chips, "Sending CyberRoar, Dash, Phoenixshot1, and Riskyhoney1. Either stun or scare the little guys, then hit hard and fast. I think forgoing your decoys this time should work because they'll either get taken care of or our own bugs will take care of them if they do survive and land it hit."

"While that makes sense, I certainly hope you aren't expecting me to purposefully take a hit if they manage to live through this?" Majinman asked.

"No, still dodge the best you can. Keep airborne as well," Wes replied.

"Okay, as long as that's understood..." Majinman looked at his remaining opponents. Now he had to decide how to intimidate them. They were small viruses, so it wouldn't be too hard, but he still had to think what words would have the best impact. He was a demon, so he could use the whole, 'gonna steal your soul' deal, but that seemed a little cliche. Perhaps he could do this from the other angle, the fact that they were bugs... That's it! With a grin, Majinman faced the viruses and pointing an accusing finger, as if he had just discovered their greatest secret, yelled out in a grating voice, "Insecticide!"

"..... Really? That's your great scare-plan? Threaten them with some pest-control? You couldn't think of anything better?" Wes asked, looking at his navi with disappointment.

"Hey, human, you'd be afraid and run like a little girl if someone yelled out, 'bomb', or, 'flesh-eating-virus'. If you don't see the brilliance of my threat, then you just aren't thinking enough like our enemy," Majinman shot back. Wes paused. He was right, but that wasn't really the problem here. He considered the bigger issue whether or not these things understood Netopian. At this point, it would probably come down to how scary his navi's voice was.

Majinman, disregarding his netop's silence, bent down, pointing his head at the two Skeetoes. He swooped down from the sky, horns first, attempting to wipe out the remaining foes before dipping back up into the air. He immediately twisted himself around, forming two large wings. Giving the pair a flap, he sent a wave of fire crashing down into the ground towards his opponents. After that, he formed a wall of honeycomb, which he kept floating just in front of him to block any enemy attacks.

((1.) CyberRoar, stuns or scares off two enemies (S)
2.) Dash, 90+impact (C ), SkeetoB/D
3.) Pheonixshot1, 70+15 Fire+wide attack (A), SkeetpB/D
4.) RiskyHoney1, Counters for 5x10 Homing Wood (A)
5.) Dodge
6.) Dodge))
((Bump))
The amazing and incredibly intimidating taunt worked marvellously as the Skeeto viruses ran like hell, afraid of the nonexistent insecticide.

-- ENEMIES --
Skeeto A: DELETED
Skeeto B: FLED
Skeeto C: DELETED
Skeeto D: FLED
Swordy-W2: DELETED

-- NAVIGATOR --

-- TERRAIN --
39% Grass
61% Soil (Around grass)

-- ROGUE BATTLE 02, VICTORY!! --

-- REWARDS --

[BambooSword] Battlechip, 1000z
"Not as much money this time, but the chip we got is pretty good. Even if you don't want it, we could still sell it for a good bit more than we could have expected if you had killed all the viruses and they dropped just cash," Wes said, looking over the chip the Swordy had dropped. It seemed the chip drops here were also quite impressive.

"I'll hold onto it. Swap out something useless for it in the chip folder. We get two more and we'll have a sword for every element," Majinman responded, "Anyway, I'm heading furthur in."

"Not yet. It seems someone is nibbling on the bait we left in Area 11... I mean, I looks like our mission request has been replied to. Let's go," Wes instructed.

"Really? Well this could be fun... wait a second, it does sound fun, doesn't it?" Majinman raised an eyebrow.

"I'll let you look at the details then. Just come back already," Wes commanded. His navi complied a second later.

((Plug out))