Meeting with the employer

As Raider entered the netsquare, he looked around, tried to find his employer.
"Alright Soldier ..." he said to his companion "we're looking for a brown-haired female police officer, wearing red suits and light armor, let's go!"
"AYE!" replied Soldier, and they began to walk around looking for the "quest giver"
Luckily for Raider and his .SP, it was not terribly difficult to find the officer they were looking for. In the center of the netsquare, atop an elevated stage with a speaker's podium, a girl matching the description of DimensionGirl Red was standing with about three other Netpolice officers and one other navi, dressed differently but still oddly similar. DimensionGirl Red was just as she was described, wearing a confident smile that betrayed no fear of being attacked during her ceremony, although her eyes were hidden by a metal visor and therefore unreadable. The other girl had a body that made them seem nearly like twins, but with blue armor and a black undersuit. A glass visor covered her eyes, but the downward curve of her mouth showed that she was not nearly as happy with the set-up as Raider's employer appeared to be.

"This is a shabby operation. If that navi brings her goons and attacks us here, we're sitting ducks. I wouldn't be so worried if it weren't for those rumors surrounding Idol and her minions, but I've heard that she has some weird hypnotism technique that makes just being around her very dangerous. If she managed to catch hold of one of us, or worse, that CIVILIAN you've involved in this..."[font=ar cena][/font] the blue-armored one muttered, crossing her arms across her breasts and looking dubious.

Red responded quickly, but in a way that betrayed no sense of fear. "Trust me, the civilian's involvement in this mission is the underlying focus of the whole operation. The speech will hopefully have some effect, yes, but the whole thing will serve more purpose if we can bring in a fresh face to show that the NP is still backed by patriots in the public,"[font=ar cena][/font] she assured the other, seeming a little more optimistic than might benefit one during a time of Netpolice distrust from the masses. "I know it seems a little risky, but trust me, we stand to benefit a lot... Oh, and there he is now!"[font=ar cena][/font] she finished, running to meat Raider. The blue one sighed and left the stage, going to lean against one of its elevated corners.

Running down off of the forward ramp, Red met Soldier, extending out her hand for a good-natured shake. Either she was very good at putting on a public face or she was genuinely excited about the prospect of working with a civilian. "Hello there, citizen! Today you will be working with two members of the Netpolice's own public defense force, DimensionGirls Red and Blue, as well as other outstanding officers. We hope that you'll be in full force today and make certain that we pull this very important speech off without a hitch!"[color=red][/color] she greeted him, seeming to assume that he had not heard any of the previous conversation and that, furthermore, he had joined the mission for patriotic purposes.

One of the netpolice officers on stage suddenly jumped, then spoke quickly into his headset. Red seemed to pick up some of this message, her smile and handshake offer suddenly retracting. "Oh, um, it seems we've got to put a rush order on this operation. We're calling all of the navis to the square now. Please, if you would, take a spot at the back-right corner of the stage facing outward. We'd like to ask you to watch this direction and take up a sniping position. There's a good chance that there will be mafia interference and that the intruders will be flying. If you can snipe the enemy out of the sky, we can provide ground support and finish them off. The expected enemy count is only three, so uh, sorry if you don't get any action. If you get into trouble or end up with more than you can handle, signal in on this radio,"[color=red][/color] she paused, materializing a small radio with one button for activation. "This will signal to our whole group and we will even drop the ceremony if necessary to provide you aid. I've got to begin now, so please watch your post!"[color=red][/color] she concluded, heading to the center of the stage with a pleasant bounce in her step.

As DimensionGirl's voice began to reverberate in the background, abandoned navis assembled around the front of the stage, clapping in approval. Raider's job had been given to him and at least for now, the skies looked clear. How much longer would his good fortune hold up...?
Raider paid attention to every word he heard from the DimensionGirls, even before he met with Red, but didn't showed that he heard their conversation before. He didn't want to keep it a secret, but he thought "overhearing" other's private conversation is wrong.
When DimensionGirl Red gave out the orders, he didn't say a word or asked back, she was impulsive enough to make the briefing a monologue. Raider knew the protocol; he should only ask back, when the intonation of the superior officer permits.
When she was done with the briefing, Raider took the one-buttoned radio, and hided it in one of his pockets. He said a definite "Yes, sir!" and started walking quickly to the far-right corner of the stage. Soldier followed him as a shadow.
When he found an appropriate position, he kneeled down, looked over the place taking the possible attacking points into account, and then he took his rifle from his back. He checked the usual things, like the magazine, the firing mechanism, the lens of the scope, while he thought over what he heard from the DimensionalGirls.
"Well, looks like we've gotten into a big game hunting." he thought as he looked up to the sky, "Should we worry about the hypnotism technique that Blue mentioned? It seemed she was kind of worried about one of us getting caught."
He looked at Soldier. He was thinking about if he should make some king of ... pep speech. Soldier looked at him, grabbing his rocket launcher, and nodded. "Not necessary" he thought and smiled.
Suddenly he heard Dave's voice, waking up from his cogitation; "Okay guys, the job is all yours, all I can do is dosing the chips well - some kind of excitement was in his voice - and watch the results. Do as you wish!"
"We'll do our best" Raider replied.
"Hmm, Red said that the expected enemy count is only three. What if they are more than three? We should prepare for some additional enemies, but let's hope it is unnecessary. This is a big place. Then might be attacking from more sides, or making a frontal rush, if they decide to shiffle up the things here. We'll probably have two incoming bogeys, or - in the worst case - three. Me and Soldier can tide over one, or deal with two, but what if three comes? We might be able to hold them up until the reinforecements arrive. Hmm ... and what if that "legendary" hypno-navi show up?" he was staring at his pocket, concealing the radio transmiter. He steeled his mind and decided not to use it, until they, or the speech is not in real danger. "They are countng on me, dammit! I can't let them down ... Argh ... overthinking makes it harder ... let's just focus on the mission!"
Raider was ready with checking his rifle - it was in perfect condition - so he clicked in a magazine, full of fine bullets, and put his weapon on the top of his cover.
"Soldier!"
"YESSIR?"
"The lady said that they might be flying, I'll watch the sky, you'll watch the ground. Do not fire until I say so. And keep a low profile, if they don't spot us before we fire, we'll have the chance to make a surpirse attack"
"YESSIR!"
"Alright, complete silence from now, if you see something, tell it to me quietly"
"AYE!"
As they were hiding behind the cover, Raider heard Solder getting ready. He looked like a racehorce seconds before the derby begins. Raider looked up to the sky, scrying it with his green eyes, and thinking, how long would their good fortune hold up ...

((I have a pending sig edit registration, not a dramatic one, I just forgot to add a free elec element to the new sig, Taser (its free due to Raider's element), so please take a look at it before we start, if might be "historic" ))
((If you need the taser, feel free to wait until you have acquired it before responding to this post))

"Greetings, citizens! Many of you may recognize me as DimensionGirl Red, a proud officer of the Netpolice and one closely associated with the beloved hero DimensionMan. I'm here today to clear up a couple of doubts and questions that many of you residents of the net have been having about the Netpolice's plans to protect unoperated citizens. As many of you are well aware, the NetMafia have recently been using shelters just like the one you inhabit as recruitment facilities. Hopefully, none of you have encountered these criminals, but there may come a time soon where you will. Rest assured, however, that under our watch and with your cooperation, you cannot be forced into the mafia! The Netpolice..."[font=ar cena][/font]

Red's speech began, although Raider could only barely catch the words being said, since the amps facing in exactly the opposite direction of him and the fact that he needed his concentration for the task at hand. Raider had been very thorough checking his equipment and briefing his .SP; in doing so, however, he noticed something that was not mentioned. A second button existed on the remote. Judging by the diagram, it appeared to be a push-and-hold button. The effects of doing so, however, were unclear, but off of an estimate he could imagine something like establishing a one-way connection through which he could either hear but not respond or talk, but fail to hear.

Regardless, only a moment after the speech had started, Raider already was detecting trouble. The netpolice at the two adjacent corners (one corner was guarded by two, the other only by one) were reacting as if they'd begun to see something. All of them began to ready their snipers, and Raider began to feel that he might need to do the same. Over the top of the operatorless navi shelter that he was facing the side of from his station, a navi had emerged. The navi stared down from very far away, but with a grin that set Raider's nerves on edge. Through his sniper scope, he could see that the navi was wearing a black helmet with a red beaked visor. Her eyes were purple and gleaming with malice and her face was heavily painted with makeup and lipstick. The lipstick seemed contradictory, however, to the mouth of jagged teeth that her grin was revealing. Instead of hands she had talons, hooked like a bird's claws, and black, scrappy wings flared out on either side of her.

As Red had predicted, the navi shot off from the building in a nose-dive. Raider had caught her before the drop, luckily, so she had yet to pick up speed. This would probably be the best time for him to utilize his sniper technique.

Unfortunately, the battlefield was not allowing him the good grace of a calm situation. Some sort of panic seemed to have incited in the group of two Netpolice to his left and the right Netpolice officer also seemed oddly tense, firing off several shots preemptively. Would Raider have time to focus on his enemy singularly, or would chaos erupt?

((At any time throughout this mission, Raider may use one action to signal the rest of the NP or one action to turn on the one-way communication and focus on what is being said))

Mafia Forces:
Winged Navi: ???? (2 actions away, high altitude)

Netpolice Forces:
DimensionGirl Red: 150 HP (on stage)
DimensionGirl Blue: 100 HP (opposite corner from Raider, 2 actions away)
Netpolice Officer A: 100 HP (to right)
Netpolice Officer B: 100 HP (to left)
Netpolice Officer C: 100 HP (to left)
Raider: 120 HP
Soldier: 70 HP

Terrain: 100% Normal

(Watch this space to see the tide of the battle)
Civilians are calm and attentive, Netpolice situation is good!
Netpolice >>>-- Netmafia

---MISSION START!---
"What an ugly creature you are" - that was Raider's first thought as he saw the winged navi. He noticed that the police officers were nervous around him.
"Are they a coward or what? Or maybe they know something? - Raider was thinking as he estimated the distance between him and his target, and set something on the scope.
"Either way, we should act carefully". He looked at Soldier for a fragmenzt of a second, who was squating behind his cover. Raider whispered to him to stay down, attack only if the enemy gets to close. Despite his lips was barely moving, he would have prefered hand gestures, but at the moment it would have been more conspicuous, and he needed both hands for a proper aiming.

He looked in the scope, locking the cross-hair on the enemy. The gun quietly beeped once as the target was in a favorable postition. Then, Raider pressed a button on the gun to activate the communicator on his left ear, providing a private channel to Dave.
"Bogey at twelve o'clock, no time to charge, need some fast AA munition" - he requested quietly.
"Sending a Cannon" - answered Dave.

As the chip downloaded, a peaky, slender rocket materialized, fastened on the end of the barrel, instead of transforming the rifle to a grenade launcher, as it should have happened in a closer combat situation.

Raider used his energies to charge up the rifle. He had to hurry, but filling up a missilie, even it was a small one, was still easier than cramming up a much smaller bullet. He finished quickly, the whole procedure took less than half a second, so he began aiming precisely. He targeted the enemy navi's shoulder in order to damage, or even rip off her wings, hopefully forcing her on the ground.
The HUD in the scope conituously impartes information about the target. Every pieces of information said that the circumstances are optimal, so Raider pulled the trigger and let the rocket fly towards the target. It was the fastest Cannon he ever fired. It was flying in a perfect arch, rotating slightly around its longitudinal axis, leaving a weak sparkling trail behind.
"If she would be down, we would have an advantage. But why are these officers afraid? They had training, and we outnumber her ..."

----------------------------------

Raider
1. Lock and Load - Strenghten [80] (actually, the most of this action, the physical preparements, were done before the fight started, so the first strike can be quick)
2. Cannon --> Winged navi [40 + 80!] + Snipe! [subtype effect]

SPLIT TURN PLEASE (Probably need Taser, furthermore Soldier's, and Raider's last action will be affected by the enemy, and would like to act, if she decides to charge up on them (Raider used 2 actions, and it would take 2 actions of that navi to reach them))
"Sorry, as a master of flight, I'm not going to be grounded by someone like you!"[i][/i] the navi cackled in a creepily husky voice, wrapping her wings around herself mid-flight. The shot connected, blowing away the barrier in a burst of feathers black down that rained down from the sky slowly like morbid black confetti. The damage may not have impacted her, but the knockback certainly had and with neither her wings nor her orientation, her planned method of attack was no longer an option. She landed grounded, opposite from Raider, baring her unpleasantly sharp teeth in a disgruntled frown as she regrew her wings. "The name's Scavenger. Listen, kid, you're out of your league here. Why don't you let me fill you in on what the Netmafia's really doing and explain to you that you've got better options than the measly 2000 zenny they're planning on handing you..."[i][/i] she muttered, approaching slowly. With the wings out of the way, Raider could see her taut, eerily well-muscled and full-breasted body as she swaggered slowly towards him.

The mafia member seemed to want some kind of alliance and to be offering a reward, but then again, it might be a trap. And even if it wasn't, did Raider really want to betray the Netpolice?

Raider was not able to determine what had happened to the other Netpolice, but some shots were being fired. The audience seemed to have noticed Stalker's presence and become alarmed, but DimensionGirl Red was busy playing up how they had nothing to fear with an almost disturbing calmness. Did the Netpolice have a backup plan? Was there a margin of failure in all of this? Raider was left with many questions that he could not answer as he plotted his next course of action.

Mafia Forces:
Scavenger: 150 HP

Netpolice Forces:
DimensionGirl Blue: 100 HP (opposite corner from Raider, 2 actions away)
Netpolice Officer A: 100 HP (to right)
Netpolice Officer B: 100 HP (to left)
Netpolice Officer C: 100 HP (to left)

Civilians are slightly concerned but attentive, Netpolice situation is good!
Netpolice >>>-- Netmafia
"What's with the other guys? And do the NP have a backup plan if things go wrong?" - these questions were churning in his mind. When he heard the winged navi trying to corrupt him, his doubts passed away. The only thing he could thing about, is that this offer is obnoxious.

He looked in the eyes of his enemy, and said: "You know what? Money is not everything. There are things you can't buy, like loyalty, I'm not interested in those better options. Even if I'm not a member of the NetPolice, I'm definitely not on your side. Furthermore, I accepted a mission, I gave my word to do my best, securing this speech. That means we're enemies" - Raider stopped for a moment like he was thinking on something. Actually, he pressed a button on the rifle's grip with his thumb, and wispered "on my mark" in the microphone of his headset.

Soldier,who was still squating behind his cover next to Raider, moved a little.
"So, this is my official answer" - said Raider as he readied the newly installed taser system with a gentle elecro-magnetic shockwave, directed in the rifle. He didn't moved an inch, since he fired at the winged navi. He pressed the button again and wispered "now!" and Soldier popped up from his cover, and fired a rocket from his launcher on his shoulder. Raider hoped that the surprise of his fellow will let him an opening, so he can hit the navi, calling herself Scavenger.
Half a second later that Soldier fired, he pulled the trigger too, and the modified bullet exploded out the secondary barrel.

--------------------------------------------------

Soldier
Attack Scavenger [25], trying to surprise her

Raider
3. Taser --> Scavenger [stun 1, Change Terrain: magnetic panels below her, impairing her movements and/or attacks, a panel or two,
electric]
"Aaaargh, Netpolice dog! Filthy cop-loving sympathizer scum!"[i][/i] the buzzard-like navi screeched in annoyance as Soldier shot her in the side. She was opened up for Raider's taser, which hit her and sent a convulsive fit through her body. Her jerky movements and the roadkill-like texture of her wings made the whole thing pretty repulsive to watch. Even though the magnet panel had been created under her and the taser seemed effective, her wings still moved keeping her from being drawn into the ground. She could do no more to retaliate though as she tried to shrug off the spasm that was surging through her.

The civilian navis began to root for Raider, apparently seeing him taking action against Stalker and approving of it. DimensionGirl Red continued her speech confidently, but the good Raider had done was soon offset by a number of occurrences. Firstly, the two paired netpolice officers had begun to fight each other, taking shots with live weaponry such as cannons. Raider still had no idea as to why they were fighting, only that one navi seemed to have gained the advantage when he successfully dodged the other's shotgun. DimensionGirl Blue seemed to have become locked in battle with a second navi and was being assisted by the officer who had been guarding the remaining corner. The events, especially the two netpolice navis fighting one another, seemed to have plunged the audience into worry and chaos. Red was doing her best to alleviate it, but it was difficult work when two of her "outstanding Netpolice officers" were actively attempting to kill each other.

A strange shadow was slowly casting itself over the battlefield, along with an increased heat. What could be the explanation for this bizarre turn of events? Raider realized, with little searching, that something far overhead was descending slowly upon the battlefield.

Mafia Forces:
Scavenger: 125 HP (stun)
Shadowy Navi: ???? (opposite corner from Raider, 2 actions away)

Netpolice Forces:
DimensionGirl Blue: 60 HP (opposite corner from Raider, 2 actions away)
Netpolice Officer A: 100 HP (opposite corner from Raider, 2 actions away)
Netpolice Officer B: 10 HP (to left)
Netpolice Officer C: 60 HP (to left)

Civilians are alarmed by violence and internal struggles in the NP! Netpolice condition is getting worse!
Netpolice --<<< Netmafia
(Sorry if I made some mistakes, I'm writing from my Pocket PC, and it's not easy to find them :D)

"Aww, we need to end this quickly before the crowd gets mad" - thought Raider after he heard the baffling noise of the NP officers' fight. "Also, I got to help Blue, she's in a pinch ... But what the hell is going on? Why are they fighting each other? Is that hypno-navi that Blue mentioned?" - Raider was full of questions like these. Then he heard Scavenger cursing him madly.
"Looks like the magnet panels were unefective, but the electric shock did its job ... Now or never" - he thought, just before Dave opened the private channel.
"Here's our chance!" -he said excitedly
"Big gun?"
"Yeah, big gun."
As the battlechip downloaded, Raider's rifle fluctuaded for about half a second, became transparent like glass. As it was over, the barrels were gone, there were three rockets instead, fastened on a launcher base. The grip and the stock of the rifle remained intact. Raider aimed at his enemy, and hoped that the effect of his taser will impair her dodging abilities.
"No need for precise aiming, I just have to hit her" - he thought as the red dot of the laser aiming reached its position on the middle of Scavenger's chest.
He fired. Three deadly rockets were launched in a second. Rider twinkled as the blow from the rockets' drive bristled his hair.
"No time to relax" - he thought and turned to Soldier.
"Soldier! We need to split up. I got to help Blue. If I hit Scavenger, it's your job to finish her off. If I missed - "I hope not" - call for me and hold her up until I can come and help. If Scavenger's down, go to the stage, and separate the fighting officers, but do not use use any weapons, we don't want to scare the people, I repeat, leathal force is forbidden!"
Raider dashed towards the other corner of the stage, where Blue was in combat.
"I hope I didn't left Soldier in the soup. That attack must have hit." - he looked at the crowd - "We should drag away the fight from them. But, to begin with, I got to help out Blue, and then we can take care of those insane officers." - Raider stopped thinking on the problems of the future, and concentrated on the present, as he continued running to the other corner. He was halfway there, when he neard the firing mechanism of Soldier's launcher.

Raider
1. EnergyBomb --> Scavenger [3x40] + Snipe if necessary
2. Movement
3. Movement

Soldier
Attack Scavenger [25]

On Cooldown

Scavenger got back up to her feet, seeming irritated that Raider felt so little preoccupied with her that he could focus on aiding his allies instead of confronting her in combat. "Stay there, dog! I'm going to rip the flesh from your bones. You won't make light of me!"[i][/i] she growled, attempting another lunge at Raider. Raider threw off an energybomb in the nick of time, however, and nailed the airborne navi midair, catching her in some of the resulting explosion. "You wretch!"[i][/i] she screeched again, struggling to get off of the ground and back onto her feet. As she did, Raider's .SP shot her, knocking her onto her back. Shrieking in anger, she jumped up and rent Soldier's armor with one of her massive talons, digging deep. She seemed determined not to back down from whatever her mission was, despite her injuries.

The blue DimensionGirl seemed to be surprised to see Raider coming to her aid. "Get back civilian!"[font=ar cena][/font] she ordered him harshly, holding her arm over the slash wound in her side in a feign of control. "We've got this side covered. Continue to watch your own flank!"[font=ar cena][/font] she instructed him, turning to face the enemy. Even from this distance, it was hard to make out any features of the enemy navi except that they were wearing a midnight blue full body shroud and had very dull, blond hair. The enemy reeked of sweat and either had claws or was holding a large number of knives (it was difficult to tell with her quick movements). For just a moment, Raider caught a glimpse of her eyes: wide and maniacal, but with fear rather than hatred. The enemy was sweating profusely, though whether this was a natural reaction or a response to the heat or situation, he could not tell.

The blue DimensionGirl fired off a cannon and managed to nail the shadowy navi, causing her to let out a low moan that sent chills down Raider's spine. The other NP navi fired a cannon of his own but missed his target. Approaching quickly, the enemy navi cut deep gashes into the NP officer with the blades extending from her hands, then spun and attempted to hit Blue, who dodged at the last second. Suddenly, like an illusion, the enemy navi's body faded into shadow, like a silhouette version of her former self.

"The situation is too desperate to deny your help now, citizen. That mafia navi is named Stalker and we know that she has a tendancy to use shadowing techniques. Do you have any slashing weaponry that might be able to cut through the shroud? My ally and I are armed with swords, but we can guarantee they hit if you can provide an additional threat to her. She loses her cool easily and will fall into panic if all three of us attack her at once,"[font=ar cena][/font] the blue DimensionGirl explained, finally removing her arm from the gash she'd been covering.

Things seemed more reasonable for Raider now that he'd been given a role to play and seemed to have one of his enemies on the ropes, but he couldn't stop thinking about the ominous expanding shadow that was looming over the field. The heat was increasing, the crowd was panicking, and worst of all, the object above them was beginning to take shape. Although it was still very far away, Raider could make out that it had a distinctly spherical body and was reflecting a bright red color. The object itself was shrouded in flames, like a meteor flying down onto the battlefield.

Red was working her hardest to keep the crowd under control, but she now had resorted to drawing her own weapon to watch for more Mafia intruders. Panic was becoming rampant and it seemed apparent to Raider that decisive action was required to show them that the NP had the situation under control. However, one could not help but doubt whether they really did have the situation under control after all... The battle was not lost, but somebody needed to show the civilians that it wasn't.

Mafia Forces:
Scavenger: 20 HP
Shadowy Navi: 100 HP (shadow)
Unknown Object: ???? (2 turns till drop, high altitude)

Netpolice Forces:
DimensionGirl Blue: 60 HP
Netpolice Officer A: 60 HP
Netpolice Officer C: 20 HP (to left)
Soldier: 30 HP

Civilians are panicking over violence, NP's internal struggle, and the mysterious approaching object! The speech has halted! Netpolice morale is low!
Netpolice -<<<< Netmafia
"No slashing, sorry ma'am" - said Raider quietly, preventing Stalker hearing it - "But she doesn't know it" - and he smiled. Of course that was just the part of his camouflage.
Raider put his rifle on his back, stibilized it with his magnetic forces, and took out his combat knife. In order to make more convincing, the redirected some of his energies into the knife, making it sparkle and creak wildly. He took up a fencing stance, holding the knife with his right arm, and making balancing movements with his left one, trying to look like an expert fencer as convincing as possible.

He took some steps towards Stalker, synchronizing his movement with the other navis, trying to get around and surround their enemy. Then he completely stopped fro a moment, hearing Soldier's voice.

"Need some ... assistance, sir!" - the ordinary dynamism disappeared from his voice.
Raider knew that his fellow was in trouble. Dozens of possible strategies and results were clattering through his mind, but he couldn't find an optimal one.
"Soldier ..." he said quetly in his microphone.
" ... UNDERSTOOD!" - came the answer. Soldier's voice was full of determination. He knew what to do. No more words were necessary.

Raider couldn't let himself thinking anymore. He was in combat, and quick actions were required for the victory. He looked at Blue, winked once and said "We got her" loudly. Then, he dashed towards Stalker, from the opposite side where Blue and the NP officer were standing, forcing Stalker to partake his defense. Despite that his attack might be completely ineffective, he tried to provoke most of his target's attention with his exaggerated movements and his too confident offense, leaving an opening to the force of the law, even if it meat some injuries.

Soldier, in the meanwhile, took some dazed steps to build up some distance between him and Scavenger, in order to communicate with Raider. The dialogue was short, and Soldier had his orders. He stood decidedly. He knew that his superior officer is counting on him. He knew that he wouldn't give such an order, if it wasn't really necessary. All clear. He knew what to do. Since his enemy was in close range, he didn't reload his launcher. He looked in the eye of his enemy, and gathering all his energies into one rush-like attack. He jumped forth and upwards, over Scavenger's head, and stroke down with the launcher as hard as he could. He just could hoped that he was faster than his enemy, laying her out before she could perform a finishing blow.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Raider
1. Tactical movement
2. Fake attack --> Stalker (of course he'd like to stab his knife into his target, and he attempts to do so)
--SPLIT TURN PLEASE-- (would like to know if the police officers magane to hit Stalker before proceeding)

Soldier
All-In --> Scanvenger [25]

On CD
Despite Soldier's determination, when the shot came towards Scavenger, she simply took to her wings and avoided it, blood trickling from one side of her mouth as her toothy grin spread outward. "Kha ha ha! Don't push your luck, small fry!"[i][/i] she smirked, flying over Soldier and back towards Raider. "You can't escape from me!"[i][/i]

Unaware of Scavenger's approach, Raider focused his attentions upon Stalker, plotting to trick her with the use of his combat knife. The navi's eyes widened as her thin pupils darted in his direction. Her mouth, covered by sweaty cloth, seemed to vaguely bite into the fabric as she held her knives outward, dashing for him with alarming speed. Just as she'd almost reached him, however, the plan came together and Stalker was brought down by a pincer attack from DimensionGirl Blue and the cooperating NP officer. Large, vertical blade wounds were left in each of her sides, alarming her and causing her to try to cover them frantically with both of her quivering hands as data leaked out of her. She dropped her knives in horror and ran her hands through her hair as her body faded from the net.

"Good work, soldier. We just might be able to pull this thing out of the fryer now,"[font=ar cena][/font] Blue commended Raider, before suddenly readying a cannon on one arm and pointing the other out in warning. "Lookout, bogey inbound!"[font=ar cena][/font] she cried, alerting Raider to the quickly approaching enemy navi.

"Gotcha now! You're going to pay for what you did to her, you bastard!"[i][/i] Scavenger roared, looking genuinely upset about her partner's deletion. Her claws were extended out to her sides, but Raider didn't need to see them to understand her intention to attack.

The audience watched with bated breath to see what Raider would do next.

Mafia Forces:
Scavenger: 20 HP
Shadowy Navi: DELETED
Unknown Object: ???? (2 turns till drop, high altitude)

Netpolice Forces:
Netpolice Officer C: 20 HP (to left)

Civilians are panicking over violence, NP's internal struggle, and the mysterious approaching object! The speech has halted! Netpolice morale is low!
Netpolice -<<<< Netmafia
Raider turned around as he heard the warning of Blue. He was surprised as Scavenger was still attacking him, not paying attention to her injuries and the overwhelming enemy forces.
"She's insane ..." - thought Raider - " ... Or she knows something we don't"
Raider spotted Soldier, running after Scavenger. "At least he's still in one piece".
Then, he heard Dave saying something, but he couldn't pay attention. He had to react quickly, and he had to focus all his attention on Scavanger. He dropped his combat knife, and popped his gun in his hands with a magnetic impulse. Then, he jumped backwards and when he has in the air, floating towards Blue nearly completely horizontaly, he felt that a battlevchip began to modifie his rifle. Tenth a second later the shotgun was ready for action. Raider took a look at the meteor-like thing that was descending on them.
"Maybe I should reserve the chips on that thing, if we will have to shater it into pieces ..." - he imagined how the pellets would bounce off such a massive thing like that meteor - " ... No ... I'll let her taste it" - he was focuring on Scavenger again.
He was still in the air when fired the shotgun. The shot gave him some extra momentum, he used it to roll over from his back to his feet when he landed. He stood up, with his rifle aimed at Scavenger, not knowing if he could deal a lethal injury. He turned toward Blue, but was still looking a Scavenger, trying to be prepared for anything that insane hag could do.
"What should we do next?" - he said as he pointed at the meteor - "Should we overflow it with firepower, or build up some defense?"

Raider
3. Shotgun --> Scavenger [50]

On CD
"This is the end of you!"[i][/i] the navi screeched, raising her claws to attack. Her speed surprised Raider and, before he could fire, she rent her claws through his chest in a painful, unreserved vertical swipe. As he staggered back, the gun went off, blasting her underneath the chin and blowing her visor apart. Data streamed out from her jaw as she made something akin to a gagging, dying noise, attempted to curse him, then fell to her knees and evaporated.

The crowd cheered in celebration of Raider's success. At the front of the crowd was DimensionGirl Red, who had stepped off of the stage and was now joining in on the clapping. "The plan has worked perfectly! There's only one thing left to do before we're finished!" she shouted, pointing upward at the ball of flames, still slowly descending upon the stage (which Red had long since stepped back from).

"Aren't you guys forgetting something?" came a laugh from the back of the crowd. In the midst of the confusion, the rogue Netpolice navi had moved to the back of the crowd and, now bearing an insane, gleaming smile, was holding one of the observers hostage. "Our mission isn't done here yet. These ignorant laymen must learn the glory of Idol, my goddess! I'll take them all to her, no one will be harmed. Everyone will be enlightened for the good of their souls! However, should anyone resist..." he stopped with a snicker, pressing a shotgun hard against the side of the helpless navi's head. "Remember, these guys don't get second chances. One wrong move and this guy's seen his last day on the net!"

DimensionGirl Blue glared tensely at the navi, readying some kind of weapon on her arm. She obviously intended to try to take the shot, regardless of what happened to the civilian. Red, on the other hand, appeared to be trying to calm the navi down and ready negotiations. The navi was obviously insane, though, so the success of such a strategy was debatable, but was disregarding the civilian's safety any better of an option? Worse yet, the descending object seemed like it was nearly in place to crash into the net. Raider had a lot to mull over...

Mafia Forces:
Scavenger: DELETED
Unknown Object: ???? (1 turns till drop, high altitude)
Netpolice Officer C: 20 HP (using hostage as human shield)

Netpolice Forces:
DimensionGirl Red: 150 HP
Netpolice Officer B: DELETED
Raider: 80 HP

Civilians are panicking over hostage situation and the mysterious approaching object! Netpolice morale is low!
Netpolice -<<<< Netmafia
"Do not shoot him!" - said Raider after he noticed Blue preparing to attack the crazy NP officer, quietly enough not to be heard by him - "Looks like Red is going to negotiate with him, thus giving us some time. I'll try to blast this meteor out the sky, and then I'll try to neutralize him, and then you can riddle him, without getting the civilian in the line of fire. If it doesn't work, it's no worse than shooting him and the hostage, as I extrapolated you intend to do, we just gave it a chance. There's even a change that Red can convince him to release the hostage. So, I suppose we should delay the attack."

He looked up to the sky, staring at the blazing meteor. Having no better idea, he began to charging up his rifle, and the munition inside. He could not flow his power in them any faster, without causing damages in their structure, so he had some time to think.

With his weapon lowered - "Would be bad to shoot a civilian accidentally" - holding it with one hand, Raider measuerd up their status. He noticed the cilivians cheering for him, and he had to admit that it was a good feeling. He smiled, and then focused his mind on the mission. Hoping that Blue will consider his suggestion, Raider was thinking on how should they neutralize that insane officer.
"No more gun chips left. Well, I still have one EnergyBomb, but civilians would get in the aoe. RemoteBit is not precise enough, Auto-turret is no powerful enough, and I cannot risk missing the target by a lethal weapon. The only thing left is the taser. Then Blue can use the right treatment for the situation."

The rifle was full of energy, he could not pump any more into it. He aimed at the incoming meteor, and set the scope for the correct distance and altitude of the target. He also borrowed some of Solder's ability to inflict serious structural damage. He got so accustomed to Soldeier, that it was so natural, he almost forgot him.
"Hey, Soldier!" - said Raider to his companion, and pointed up. He was sure Soldier will act in accordance with the requirements of the situation.
Focusing on his target - "Would be embrassing to miss such a big target, making no unexpected movements" - he aimed, and fired at its center. Hopefully the impact will shatter it, and even if it won't be destroyed completely, will fall apart, and land in smaller, harmless pieces.

------------------------------------------------------------

Raider

[li]Charge
    [li]Charge
  • Charged attack --> Unknown Object/Meteor [64] + Snipe + Smash
Soldier

• Attack Unknown Object/Meteor [25]
[/color]
"Whoa, my shot was so powerful that it stopped the time! ... Cool"

((bhump))
Blue gave a disgruntled grunt in response to Raider's suggestions. "Now you're acting outside your authority, citizen. We know what we're doing here,"[font=ar cena][/font] she muttered to him in an unfriendly and somewhat belittling manner. As the assailant focused h is attention upon DimensionGirl Red, Blue opened up a black void of darkness and stepped inside slowly. Moments later, the void reopened behind the assailant and her arm emerged. Red did not change her expression, betraying none of the strategy.

"I'm not interested in surrender, dumbass. This is about my mission. I'm not going to be thrown off of it because of anything you try to sell me with your NP head-shrink lingo," the rogue officer laughed, pressing his gun's barrel beneath the captive's chin and nudging it playfully. There was a gasp from the crowd as a loud noise sounded; everyone first assumed it had come from the criminal's weapon. A moment of additional examination revealed that the real trigger had been DimensionGirl Blue's weapon, shooting out one of the assailant's legs from beneath him. There was a brief moment where everyone feared that the navi would fire off his gun in panic, but his battle abilities had ceased. He cried out in pain as his data dispersed into the net.

Raider still had priorities of his own and set to firing at the descending object. Soldier's shot made little impact, but Raider's managed to pierce the armor, sending a cascade of red metal falling to the ground. From this distance, Raider could begin to make out its features: a red, rotating sphere of armor with about six openings spread out evenly across its surface. Fire was streaming out of every hole but one, creating the sort of meteor trail that followed it through the sky. Finally, the NP forces and crowd retreated backwards as the object crashed to the ground, raising a giant cloud of debris and crushing the stage that Red had prepared.

"Who are you people? Why are you shooting at me? You want to hurt me, don't you? You all want to kill me!"[font=HP psg][b][/font][/b] came a hollow voice from within the shell. A giant face, clad in a restricting gray metal harness across its brow and mouth briefly poked itself out from one of the holes. The neck seemed almost like a turtles, but the face was a warped, stretched parody of a human's. "I recognize you! You're like the one from before. The one who stuck that long needle into me! I'll destroy you and you'll never hurt me again!"[font=HP psg][b][/font][/b] the creature roared, beginning to roll towards DimensionGirl Blue.

"The enemy is CravenMan! He's vulnerable now that his head is exposed. Attack the head in order to destroy him! Attacks made on his shell aren't likely to work!"[font=ar cena][/font] she reiterated, trying to get everyone out of the way as fast as she could. "Blue, you've got his attention. He thinks you're Libertine, DimensionMan's protege that was killed in action. He's going to try to kill you, run for it!"[font=ar cena][/font] she explained in a frantic yell. The crowd watched in anticipation as the rolling, flaming navi chased down Blue, who was now on a desperate run for her life, waiting for her Dimension Jumper to recharge. Red looked to Mosu, giving him a smile that was rewarding but also demanding. "You did a good job putting a hole in his armor. We're really counting on your abilities as a sniper now. Hammer that hole with everything you've got!"[font=ar cena][/font]

Mafia Forces:
Scavenger: DELETED
CravenMan: 172 HP
Netpolice Officer C: DELETED

Netpolice Forces:
DimensionGirl Red: 150 HP
Netpolice Officer B: DELETED
Raider: 80 HP

Civilians are anxious but relieved by hostage situation resolution and destruction of mafia operatives. Netpolice situation is getting better.
Netpolice ---<< Netmafia
Raider was watching CravenMan's curiosly, recording every pieces of informations about him that might be useful. When he got his orders from Red, he smiled. He knew that they were counting on him as a sniper, and that's what he likes the most. A task is given, to utilize his sniping abilites. The battlescene is set, he is in good position, he enjoyed this mission.
"And they even pay for it" - thought Raider.
His smile faded, when that monstrous navi started chasing after Blue.
"I got to cover her ... " - he thought - " ... and I got to apologize her for my suggestion" - he knew that officers like her can only be impressed by flawless behaviour and protocol. He registered the apology on his "Do not forget" list, and then he opened a channel to Dave.
"Dave, big enemy ...
" ... deserves big weaponry, I know. Sending the EnergyBomb, get him!"

Raider began charging up the rifle before the transforming was complete. Instead of slender rockets, wide, flat-headed grenades appeared, in order to do more structural damage. His energy was still flowing into the gun, so he had some time to aim precisely.

He was pointing with the laser aiming at the damaged part of CravenMan's armor.
"Hopefully, these will drill a hole in his shell. Even if I can't hit the crack, the explosions might create a new one. And this will probably make him focus on me" - gulp - "Well, at least the girls will have some time to do something" - He imagined himself running with that monster in his back. He shook his head and cleared his mind of these infectious thoughts.
He was not thinking on missing the targets. He had three projectiles - "Three chance to hit" - and he trusted in his aiming skill enough to let himselt not thinking on "what if not" option.

The energy level reached tha maximum he could handle, so he flipped the security switch, armed the sparkling rockets and made some quick calculations about the movement of his target. When the conditions were favorable, he pulled the trigger and readied himself to dodge the incoming attacks. He knew that the destrucive power he sent towards CravenMan would be enough to delete him from the net, but he knew Murphy's Law well enough not to trust in his luck, and a full hit.

Soldier, in the meanwhile was ready for anything, like helping Raider, Red and Blue, and civilians if they get into trouble, due to he was not able to perform devastating attacks like his superior officer.

------------------------------------------------------
Raider

[li]Lock and Load
    [li]Take aim --> the crack
  • EnergyBomb [ 3x(40 + 80/3) ] + Snipe + Smash + everything he got Status:
Soldier
Help others if necessary, dodge if not[/color]
The rolling monster approached Blue at breakneck speeds, increasing its momentum far faster than she could manage. At the last second, the NP forces managed to land a few shots on its body, although only one connected with its head. The creature's execution was then left to Raider, who prepared an energy bomb to accomplish that goal. Taking aim for the tremendous navi, Raider threw his bomb. It was difficult, due to how quickly the enemy was moving across the battlefield, but even without hitting the hole, the bomb smashed into CravenMan's armor and began to break it to pieces.

Something like a bubbling hot liquid began to pour out from the gaping hole. It seemed that his body, which had been emitting the concentrated fire, was now destabilizing.
"Aaaargh! You monster! You've killed me, I can feel my blood boiling! It huuuuurts!"[font=HP psg][b][/font][/b] the navi cried in panic, crimson liquid streaming out of its gleaming red eyes. The creatures screams trailed off into the night, almost covered by the cheers of the crowd. The mafia threat was now over. The monster had not jacked out, however; for better of for worse, Raider had literally terminated it. All that was left was its armor and metal restraints as the bubbling liquid that its body had become evaporated into data.

"Ha ha ha! Excellent, citizen! You've played a key role in assuring that Idol's personal militia will no longer threaten the citizens of the net. After sending her two henchmen back with their tails between their legs and destroying her trump card, I doubt we'll be seeing the same trouble from her,[font=ar cena][/font] DimensionGirl Red congratulated Raider, patting him on the shoulder with one gloved hand. "You're a hero in the eyes of these citizens and the Netpolice. Good work, remind the GNA account of your success and look forward to receiving your payment,"[font=ar cena][/font] she finished, removing her hand and walking over to Blue. Despite the festive atmosphere, Blue seemed unhappy, and not just because of having been chased by a giant rolling monster for a good distance.

Another navi had beamed down nearby, a tall navi with something like a french horn for a head and long trombone arms. A regal mustache adorned the front of the horn, along with two eyebrows set into a stern glare. The remaining NP officer saluted him and moved quickly out of his way, as if to avoid accountability. It seemed like something was still amiss, even though the battle had ended...

Raider noticed he still had his radio... he could listen up if he wanted. He was of course free to leave whenever he wished, however.

GET: 1200 z, TwinFang1
Raider was smiling as he secured his rifle, put it on his back, holding it in position with his magnetic forces, and collected the remains of the attacker. Then he saw Red congratulating him, the happy crowd, and decided to stay a little more. A bit later he spotted Blue, and he remembered that he have one more task to complete. He walked to, and stood in front of her.
"I got to apologize, I was acting out of my authority" - he hoped that this will break her grouch.

After that, he noticed the radio, and he turned it on (not the big red button), because of his curiousity. He listened it for a while, and decided to listen to the speech, if it contiunues, and leave when it's over (of course after saying goodbye to the DimensionGirls).