AdrenalineWorld

While Teruko's new do wasn't a sexual fantasy by any stretch of the imagination, Bruce regretted nothing. He was convinced he had done what had to be done, and he'd even defend that it wasn't a bad look, either. It mirrored the imperfection and yet the reality of this whole nutty thrill.

Bruce was knocked out of his musings by what had become a recurring theme: Teruko carelessly clobbering him with whatever happened to be nearby, or, failing that, her bare hands. Bruce fell with his cheek to her stomach and had to clamber to peel his face from her. He ended up straddled over her, with their faces intimately close.

"I was just, uh..." Bruce started, losing his train of thought as he stared down at Teruko's face. The labored breathing, the earthy realism of the bedhead... the illusion was so complete, Bruce found himself once again considering what it would actually be like to wake up one morning and find her in bed next to him.

"Hell," Bruce thought, unconsciously drawing his face closer, "this whole thing has been crazy enough as it is. I've always jumped in with both feet before... One more mistake couldn't-"

THE CYCLE OF LOVE, GONNA LOVE YA ALL NIGHT
RIDE WITH ME BABY AND WE'LL DO IT UP RIGHT

Bruce bolted back to his feet as if he'd been caught by someone, nearly losing his balance in his haste. His PET had suddenly started blaring out a track from his downloaded playlists. He was sure he'd silenced it earlier: were the volume controls separate for Navi volume and music volume? Bruce would have more time to worry about that later... he hoped.

The stuntman moved for his PET in a maneuver that might properly be called a Dive, clutching it in his hands and frantically mashing for the controls to disable Dare's impromptu alarm. "What, what do you want?!" the operator hissed at his Navi from his side of the screen.
Teruko was momentarily as drawn into the situation as Bruce, before hearing the music start from a nearby location. "Oh craaap! Is that one of the park workers playing it? Have they seen already?!" she asked, self-consciously covering her stomach, as if that was the first place that a voyeur would check out. "Oh, oh! It's just your PET. Why is that song on your PET...?"

Still, that didn't seem to be important. From their interaction, it seemed that the navis had entered a state where they were again in need of guidance and operation. "Whoops! I forgot about the mission for a second there. Ante, can you fill me in on what's happening?" she asked, looking into the alarmed navi's PET screen.

"I-I'd like to know a few things about your situation as well! That attire isn't appropriate for socializing with anyone!" Ante exclaimed, suddenly far more worried about her operator's condition. Oddly, the biggest source of alarm for her seemed to be the fact that Teruko's hair had come out of its topknot.

"Can it, you spoiled sport! I was having a fun time before you stopped me," she pouted, puffing her cheeks out irritably. "Is that the only reason Dare played that music, to be a buzzkill?"

"No, not at all. Suffice to say, our current situation places us in a gourmet cookoff whereby we must hunt down ingredients, apparently from living viruses. As you can see, NekketsuMan has chosen the same prize as we have. As such, you must be prepared to send us chips should the situation arise," Ante explained, trying to set aside her operator's situation for the moment.

Teruko rubbed her chin thoughtfully, then suddenly looked irritable. "Waaait a minute! What kind of food are you gonna get from a Spikey, huh? That's meat! Dog meat, at that, yuck! That's groooss!" she cried, horrified both by the ideas of using dog meat in cooking and eating meat in general.

"It was described as steak, Teruko; we came here off of that information," Ante sighed, crossing her arms across her chest. "Just be ready to support us if needed, please."

"Can't I keep fooling around with Bruce? Just a little bit?" Teruko begged in a childish whisper.

"... I think if you keep on 'fooling around' you're going to go home naked," Ante continued, sighing even more deeply than previously.

"Well no! Nevermind! You killed the mood already anyways!" Teruko grumbled, crossing her own arms and stubbornly looking away from the PET.
Having muted his PET and spared his busting partner the pleasure of hearing Dare lose her lunch, Bruce exhaled and rested back in the cart. Realizing Teruko might be looking for an explanation, he turned to her and casually gave one. "Oh, that was a kind of app I'd downloaded! It says it her quickly purge her systems and return to normal status by, uh... barfing... so yeah, I downloaded an app to let my Navi throw up..." Bruce exhaled again and frowned. That sounded less intelligent when he said it out loud.

The cart had stopped, and luckily it seemed like Dan and Julio were holding it until their two stowaways had exited. Bruce was slightly ticked that he now had to pretend to be "in the mood" as he left the cart, as opposed to actually being in it. His Navi hadn't technically managed to win the tournament, either. But all-in-all, Bruce could hardly call it zero-sum (especially considering the huge rewards that he was somehow not accounting for).

Getting up and quickly brushing at the seat of his pants, Bruce headed over to the ladder. Pausing midstep, he turned around with a huge grin. "Haha! I just remembered something great. Dan still has my clothes to change back into! Looks like only one of us is going to have to leave here in the buff. Have fun with that!" Satisfied with his teasing, Bruce hopped down the ladder. "Seriously, though, wait here a sec." Luckily, talking about barf earlier had stifled his boner, so he might be able to sell his "freaky sex" tale without that uncomfortable visual aid.

Whether Teruko had waited a second or not, Bruce reappeared just a moment later. "Yeah, here you go. They had a weird old costume they don't use for this ride anymore, so they say nobody will miss it. But if you want to walk out that way, I won't complain," He tossed it to Teruko with a grin, then finished climbing the ladder and started pulling his own pants back up. "Oh yeah, Dan was bullsh*tting me on the cost that dino suit we wrecked would be to replace, and that reminded me Ante and Dare scored us a ton of money. You know where a place is to upgrade your Navi? I was thinking I should probably make it so Dare-" he paused, clumsily hopping to stretch one leg of his suit on, "-can actually do some cool stuff!"
Teruko nodded, listening intently to Bruce as he explained why his navi was tossing her biscuits. "Oh, alright then. That's stupid but okay," she confirmed. "Boy, I thought Ante had it bad with her purges..." She initially pouted, since her buddy was still teasing her, but softened back up when he promised to get her some clothes. "Alright, but I don't wanna dress as a boogly-eyed dino guy!" she called down jokingly, finishing with a giggle.

Her surprise was great when Bruce did, in fact, show up with another dumb dino costume. "Oh, a pink mastadon, gee, why would they not want this?" she asked sarcastically, looking at the big goofy head. "Well, they're herbivores anyways, so I'll take it!" With satisfaction, she grabbed up the suit and began to wiggle in...

.. It was harder than she thought it would be. Immediately, the hole got stuck at the wide breadth of her hips, stopping her from pulling it up. "Uuu... Uuuuu! Darn it!" she sobbed, wondering why a costume that looked so fat had such a small entry point.

"Ahem, Teruko. There's a zipper on the back that you can use to step in," Ante offered, reminding her operator of her existence.

"Oh, thanks! You know all about tricky zippers, huh?" her operator responded, causing her navi to give an embarrassed muttering in response. "Alright! Now I pop on the head and... ta-da! Let's go!" she cheered in a muffled voice, waving her trunk around. "I'll wait till we leave to take the head off. We don't want to scare any children now, do we?" She didn't realize the fright they'd give the kid under the cart earlier. "And you're right, we oughtta treat our navis to a shopping spree! Where do you wanna go, Ante?"

"I would like to go to Suitachi's for upgrades, personally," Ante replied.

"Wha? Upgrades are boring, but okay," the mastadon shrugged. "Let's go!" After dismounting the cart, the mastadon strolled out of the park, waving to kids and warning them not to eat junk foods.

((Headed to Scilabs))
"Geez, what? Did these guys even know what adrenaline is?" Bruce commented on Teruko's new getup, not sure whether to laugh or cry. "I really hope I don't end up paying for one of this ride's loser dinosaurs..."

Zipping up his jacket as the finishing touch on making himself decent, Bruce followed Teruko off the cart. Musing, Bruce chuckled at the thought that with the motorcycle ride and the dumb costume, Teruko might have a better idea of what it was like to be him than anyone else outside the biz.

Bruce figured he would follow his pal's waving pink neck until they hit the road and he could follow her car. Realizing that his friend was starting to get some dirty looks from the 5 or so sugar vendors nearby, he picked up speed a bit. "H-hey, Teruko, how about we lay off the candy preaching until we clear Wackum's Funnelcake Funland...?" The stuntman still had season tickets here.

(Headed to SciLabs)