ShowDown!

The comment about Lucia's previous kissing history seemed to make Arch a bit more antsy, as though she'd been trying to waive off the thought that Lucia might have actually wanted a nice kiss. "Sorry, I guess that was a bit rude of me... Just nervous, is all," she responded, though it seemed less like nervousness and more like she'd been trying to actively deny the crowd what they wanted.

Arch seemed pleased that Lucia was being let off the hook for more terrible ideas, in favor of one that sounded fair enough. She and the rest of the crowd watched Lillian Shade with interest as she took to the turnbuckle, though only to sit, not to do a moonsault. The announcer kept quiet as well, waiting for her to speak. The crowd began chuckling along with Lucia's jeers, though it was hard to tell if the announcer was having a reaction, since he, again, was staying very quiet. Not quite what she'd want given this challenge depended on his voice changing. "... I appreciate where you're coming from and as much as it pains me to say it, you're correct about the nature of my work. Photographing women, I mean," the voice finally came, unchanged. "However, I don't have much of an interest in photographing men. And I am not a Mr. Prog. My name is PhotoMan, and traditionally, mine is the role of a photographer. However, weekly, I'm charged with running Showdown... Showbizz's alternate offering to the Showbizz Star Ring. And yes, I'm aware I have a rather dull voice."

It was all very, painfully dry coming from him. The crowd watched Lucia for a retort; they'd been amused, even if he wasn't. "Very well. It would be more fair to the competition if I were to be in the ring for this one. You have a valid point," he answered, not responding to the rest of the commentary. Silence followed, before a man emerged from the booth she'd likely expected he occupied. He was about average height, an adult male, with relatively pale skin and dressed in gray armor over a black navi suit. The armor had camera lenses sticking off here and there, including the helmet, which half covered his face. A series of three lenses, one larger than the others, occupied the front and spinned as he walked, locking into one of three positions in time. He looked like the armor might be adding some bulk to him, but still, he had a good physique that seemed somehow unfitting on him. He stopped at the staircase, about eye level with Lucia, which would mean he was still fairly far off given that she was on the turnbuckle right now. "Again, I will assure you that I am capable of making another voice. I've felt it happen to me. However, the only time it's ever happened to me is when I'm truly inspired. Jokes and insults might play well with the crowd, but you must understand that I work under Showbizz. I'm pretty well immune to insults at this point," he shrugged. "You know what she's like..." he murmured. The words sounded disdainful, but his tone was just more of the same single drawl. "Showbizz only values ratings, and for that, my role is... or should be... only the camerawork. As long as I can contribute to ratings, she allows me to freelance and perform model and gravure photography. All she really cares about is ratings. Speaking of which... how would you like to model?"

"Ha ha ha! He's a sadsack, isn't he! Go on! Really lay into him! If you don't feel like it, give me a turn! That's my specialty!" the jester cackled from the audience. The crowd didn't react much to that; they still preferred Lucia and were watching eagerly to see what method she'd employed next. No hard time limit had been set on how long Lucia had to do this, so she could either assume he was keeping track in his head, or perhaps that he was going to keep it going until the audience got tired of it, since that was when ratings would suffer.
Lucia straightened up her back as she sat atop the turnbuckle, waiting patiently for the announcer navi to make his debut, and seemed to be genuinely surprised at the appearance he had. Taking a few short moments to study the very... camera-esque looking armor and even eye cover. "A wonder you can see.. Or maybe you can see better like that? Neat." came a murmured comment, more meant for herself than for him or the audience to hear it.

Still, as he stopped there at the stairs she rose up on the corner, easing up to stand full and proper, balancing on her bare toes atop the buckle and bouncing if faintly as PhotoMan spoke. Even giving her own giggled laugh at the comments to Showbizz. "Well I can't say I know her much, but she does like to get her own way with things, must be tough.

She had just started to shift as if ready to move when the loud jester navi from the crowd started to speak up and offer his own attempts at fame and trying to take part in the show. Which did get her to look his direction, however she instead scowled and lifted her arm up to bring hand towards the jester.

At first she seemed to be preparing to point to him, as finger was indeed pointed before curling back, catching upon thumb, which she firmly flicked in the navi's direction. What followed was a subtle spark that drifted forward a few inches from her out stretched hand, only for a brilliant ball of flames to erupt and send a rather heated blast of air at the loudmouthed spectator.

Granted, the flames quickly burned themselves out in an instance, though as they did she was left giving him something of a cold stare. "Hey. Shut up." She'd merely leave it at that as she finally crouched down, then sprang up, spinning in a tightly drawn corkscrew flip before landing upon her toes in the center of the ring. After she simply walked to the ropes closest to the stairs as she offered a smile down to PhotoMan.

Well, come on; come on, in the ring! Nevermind them, I won't touch you; probably.." She offered a wink again as she turned around and spoke aloud. "I don't know, you sound so disinterested in having me or Cheetah here model for you, it's hard to tell if you even enjoy your work. I'm not against the idea mind you, but come on man. You talk about inspiration, but you sound like some dude taking pictures of rocks. Just what makes modeling so great?"

It was then she quickly moved over to her fellow competitor, slipping half around behind her as she'd try to place her hands atop Arch's shoulders and peek back around, half in offering to shield her behind from viewers, half in just having something to be playfully peeking around from. "Hell, you make it sound appealing, and I'll drag Cheetah here with me for a private shooting, sound good?"
Everything that Lucia said would come across loud, even if not entirely clear. That seemed evident in PhotoMan's response, though only verbal; there was still very little emotion or gesturing. "It helps me with my work, yes. I wouldn't say it's a one-hundred percent improvement... but it helps as a photographer," he explained, the lens over his eye rotating about 90 degrees as he spoke, then clicking backwards as though he'd only been testing it. He sighed, as Lucia offered her input on Showbizz. "That's an understatement..."

"Enough taaaalk! You're boring me to tears! I want-!" the jester booed, before Lucia sent her a warning shot in the form of a blast of air, nearly knocking the hat off and revealing some very, unflatteringly short white hair, which again didn't do much to distinguish her gender. "Hey, hey, hey! I'll raise my voice all you want already, don't turn up the AC on me, dipshi-!"

"I will have you ejected from the event if you can't be quiet," PhotoMan warned, giving her a glare that was more weary than threatening. "As I said, Showbizz cares about ratings... she won't mind if I throw out a loudmouth who's ruining our show." The jester shrugged, smirked, then shut up. She probably wanted to add something about how he wasn't adding much to the show himself, but she held the comment for the sake of seeing the game proceed. "Now, please, continue, Lilian Shade." He took her invitation and stepped into the ring, seeming amusingly awkward ascending into it despite his apparent regular involvement with the show. "I don't enjoy my work, on the average case. Only one in ten, possibly fewer works, cross the line from mundane to inspirational," he admitted, setting a high bar for Lucia's performance. The topic seemed to be firing him up a bit, though. "Modeling in itself is not great, but when the stars align... the perfect combination of model, scenario, elements, shot composition... to great a lasting, truly affecting image... That is the point where it all becomes worthwhile. I believe you have the 'spark' Lucia, though how it would manifest could be a matter of guessing and testing." It sounded like a shady pitch a producer might make to a naive young actress, though it was hard to take it that way given that this guy didn't exactly have the sort of chipper enthusiasm, fake or real, you'd expect from such a person.

Lucia decided to use Arch as a prop to further her goading; Arch was immediately upset at being propped back up to sitting position, perhaps not realizing that Lucia was still going to cover her from the back. "D-Don't just volunteer me for things!" she complained, taking a moment to fix the apron in front again.

"... A private shoot," PhotoMan echoed; a few clicking noises were coming from either inside his helmet or inside his actual head. The crowd probably couldn't hear it, but Lucia was close enough for it to be perceptible. He approached a little closer and knelt in front of the two, his eyes narrowing. "Yes... That sounds agreeable. Lucia, I will tell you whatever you wish to know about the modeling opportunity and how it could benefit you. It's a very lucrative enterprise and, for navis, requires very little setup and very little capital to begin sales. You can receive a cut of profits from your work and it can be good publicity as well, if you need an avenue to advance a message. All of this is secondary, of course, to the value of the product itself: a truly inspiring piece of art brings joy to all who see it, excitement to dull lives... It's... The only thing that guides me," he explained, pressing his fist to his chest seriously. It was more emotion than she'd seen from him so far, but he still wasn't really raising his voice.

Still, it seemed like she had him right where she wanted him. There were probably a few ways she could seal the deal now, if she thought about it, but it would require making him more desperate than he already was. Arch flinched a bit under his gaze, which was very intensely taking in both her body and Lucia's grinning face. Snapping noises were coming from PhotoMan's helmet too, which might make Lucia wonder if he'd already begun a public photoshoot.
Lucia was spending her time while PhotoMan made his way closer in keeping her hands resting lightly atop Arch's shoulders, while her slender legs did their best to keep bare feet down on the floor and protect her fellow wrestler's modesty, at least what little of it had remained. Though at the complaint she did lean down and toss her hair forward, curling before the other navi to look upside-down at her, having a wide grin. "Oh come now! You know you'd love it! After all, you've had no problems slipping into the apron over a silly bet, right?"

Coy smile crossed her lips before she flicked her hair back up and righted herself before the cameraman and flashed him a more proper smile. Though as PhotoMan continued to speak, she soon tilted her head and lifts a hand to touch a single finger to her cheek in thought. Even going so far as to play the part of the naïve young girl, whether or not she actually was one.

"Huh, I don't know. I'm not sure my Master would want me getting that much attention with the public eye, but then if that were true, I wouldn't be here!" She couldn't help but let out a giggle and bounced on Arch's shoulders faintly from behind the other woman. Leaning atop her once more and flashing the male navi a grin. "But you still sound so disinterested! Never capture a maiden's heart like that you know! If it really is the true joy you claim it is, I'm just not feeling it from you." Finally she stepped back slightly to release her seated companion and tisked twice while waving a finger.

"I can hardly be asked to bring my competitor here to a photoshoot where the camera man has no interest in doing his job. Who can't even show a bit of feeling when two beautiful women are standing before him, following his every command. One more try big guy, give a little feeling to your words or I'm afraid I'll just have to pass." Following this she simply crossed her arms and turned half to the side, glancing back to him and passing a wink with a grin. Keeping her voice lowered and slightly heated as she added a final, "Which means I'll have to try something else.."
Arch looked up to Lucia's face, pouting and looking just a little cross-eyed as she observed Lucia from an inverted position. "That was different," she complained. "After all, I've done this before already! W-Wait, forget I said that," she murmured, realizing that just made it more embarrassing. She quieted again and listened to Lucia's attempts to play the host.

As it turned out, PhotoMan was as eager to embrace a narrative that ended in his getting a photoshoot as he was enthusiastic about photoshoots (though it would be nice if his voice reflected more of that enthusiasm). The whirring coming from his head seemed to click faster every time Lucia increased the amount of skinship between herself and Arch. It seemed he'd hit a sore spot with something she said, though; his mood became noticeably gloomy very suddenly. "Yes, er... I've never been good at capturing a maiden's heart..." he admitted pathetically, perhaps thinking of a specific memory.

He adjusted the helmet on his head, then the tripod on the front of it. "No, Lucia. I won't let you down, not as a cameraman. On that, I give you my word. If I'm not a devoted cameraman, then I am nothing," he affirmed, perhaps taking a lot more out of this meeting than he should be. "If changing my voice is what is necessary, then I am happy to do it. Ahem... Engaging character number forty-two," PhotoMan spoke, closing his eyes and pausing a moment, before speaking again, this time in a weirdly throaty, guttural voice, sounding completely different from how he had a moment ago. "Now... show me what'cha got, ladies," he suggested, his voice a mix of greasiness and sexuality and needing a lozenge.

"Th-That's some voice," Arch noted. "Um, Lucia, I think now would be a good time for me to admit I lost the competition. I don't think I can take another dare..." she added, looking over her shoulder back to her partner. "So um, maybe we can just cut it off here..." The crowd was now buzzing with anticipation of... something and PhotoMan was clearing willing to make whatever blood sacrifice had to happen happen in order to get his photoshoot, but Arch herself was getting cold feet. It seemed like she was going to have to choose between embracing the game over and pulling Arch's well-distributed fat out of the fryer or giving the entire crowd and PhotoMan what they so desperately craved.
Lucia only gave Arch even a slight glance while PhotoMan was up close getting what she could only guess as his own personal pictures for himself and no one else while speaking about a young girl's heart. Which did have her slightly curious as she looked at him and asked flatly. "Why try to hunt a maiden's heart to capture it? Best to be yourself big guy, someone out there will like you for it. Hey, might even capture Showbizz's heart right!"

Though as he seemed to finally be getting serious she did lean back slightly and watch the camera man seem to adjust himself and his whole personality to boot, only to blink in surprise and give a slight start at the very...unique choice of tone he'd taken. Arch even beating her to the comment about it, which was perhaps less surprising then the navi actually finally giving her a tone change and showing a bit of personality, Even if it was a bit off-putting.

Though as he closed in, she quickly held up her hand to cover that large lens of his primary camera. Tsking softly, "Now now! I promised a photo shoot, and you'll get one. But not here, and certainly not now. A maiden has to prepare her heart for such a thing after all!" The last came out almost as a giggle, accompanied by a wink before she turned towards the announcer and the navi that'd issued the dare. "There, different voice, I win that one! Ha!"

Though her victory seemed to be lost and all joy of the triumph vanished when Arch seemed to concede to the challenge and the match, looking down at her competitor with a mix of sadness, but at the same time, perhaps understanding. Moving herself around to pat Cheetah on the shoulder lightly and even offer her a hand up. "Yeah? Well, you have been put through a ringer out here, that's for sure.. I seemed to have gotten all the easy one, well, less challenging then taking a hose to the face. Still..."

She turned instead to the crowd around and tossed up her arms with a cheer. "Hah! You heard her everyone, she gives! I win! Match ends, if not the way ya'll want. Well to bad, I'm not about to strip here in a ring of might and physical competitions! We've given you a sneak peak, so wait for it, coming one day soon." She paused and turned to point towards PhotoMan with a grin. "The portfolio of this great camera man will capture poses and pictures that will tantalize all your wants and fleeting desires! So wait for it, Lillian Shade's modeling day view is close at hand! Ha!"

With that she settled down again, and turned back to the two others in the ring and gave something of a simple, innocent smile, her tone dropping down much quieter now. ""So, what happens now?"
PhotoMan's excitement momentarily faltered when he heard Lucia's attempt at consoling him for his past rejection. The clicking seemed to stop for a moment and a funny look flashed across his face, a little like disgust. "I don't think anything will capture Showbizz's heart; if you want to call what she has inside a 'heart,' you should know that it belongs strictly to ratings. Either way, I have no interest at all in that woman," he stated; his new accent gave his voice a little inflection, but that statement in particular was terribly monotone, a little dead inside.

He blinked a few times uncertainly as she covered up the lens extending off from his helmet. "Oh... prepare. Yes. Well, that's fine. There's certainly a better location for it than this wrestling ring," he agreed, trying to hide his disappointment but failing thanks to his newfound voice, which let out a little more emotion than he'd like. "I'll give you my contact information so that we can arrange a shoot at another date. Whenever you're ready, reach back out to me and I'll prepare a venue. I assure you, you'll be pleased with how it turns out," he finished, perhaps worried that she'd gotten cold feet on the arrangement altogether.

The jester, for their part, blew a raspberry, indicating that wasn't at all how they wanted Lucia to accomplish the voice change. That didn't particularly matter, of course, given that Lucia was under no obligation to impress the jester.

Arch accepted Lucia's hand up, not looking overly depressed that the event was ending, even if it was her loss. She continued to cover her backside with her free hand, almost seeming as if she was second guessing her decision to be helped to her feet. Before she could get around to thanking Lucia, the Lillian Shade began grandstanding. PhotoMan lowered his head slightly, as though the praise was embarrassing him. "Well, Lillian Shade, now, we must officially close the show. The winner of today's episode of ShowDown is the Lillian Shade! Due to issues with our Showbizz Star Ring program, this will be our final match for the evening. I hope you enjoyed this diversion from format as much as I did," he finished. The crowd was about half-and-half clapping and booing, which was actually pretty good considering that PhotoMan had essentially just revealed to all of them that they were going to get one less match than they paid to see. "Please allow me to handle the wrap-up here, ladies. You can head back to the dressing rooms," he finished, pointing up towards the announcer's box area.

Regardless of Lucia's speed, the first one up the stairs would be Arch, who was covering her buns and trying to get away from prying eyes as quickly as she could. Lucia would find that the way to locker rooms, and the locker rooms themselves, were much the same as they had been over at the sister show. As soon as Arch got into the locker room, she'd get into one of the showers and strip off her wet maid apron. There was a curtain to cover all but her face and feet, unless Lucia decided to be really nosy and shrug her way through there. If she was going to, though, she'd probably want to take a moment to speak to Escort first. The large lady was waiting in the dressing room, still garbed as Panther from the earlier event. The subordinate's scary muscles would remind Lucia that it was a pretty good thing that this hadn't ended up being just wrestling, or she could have ended up in the finals against Escort.

"Lucia," Escort would greet her, raising one hand stiffly in a gesture that seemed amusingly formal given her current attire. "I'm happy that you and Arch managed to salvage ShowDown. Suffice to say, my endeavors at the the Showbizz Star Ring were... not so fruitful. But I think the two of us both agree that it would have been a total failure without you to guide this show through," she announced. "As such, we will provide both NS membership you desired and the SP base. That's all I can offer for now... I'm afraid Showbizz ended up 'break-even' on this venture so there was no monetary payment." She handed over the items in a single data packet. "You'll be a subordinate rank. Usually, Yasu is on-hand to say more, but she's otherwise occupied... I'll request that she sends a message with the usual initiation bits, which will include a title and .GMO. We can save time if you want to tell us now what color you would like your uniform in and also, er... how much skin you are willing to show, on a scale from 1 to 10. Yasu often gives a speech about how those with trained physiques should show them. I don't have it memorized," the tall girl admitted, blushing slightly. "If you're interested, Arch's is a 5 and mine is a 1..."

((Lucia receives SP base and is now recruited to the Neo-Shogun Empire!))
With the battle won and victory obtained, Lucia threw up her arms in a cheer, even hopping lightly a few times to play it up a bit. Though only until PhotoMan told her he'd finish up and they could head to the back, which she promptly did, though apparently not so fast as Arch had done so.

Once in the locker rooms she'd let out a soft sighed breath and bleh quietly when looking towards the showers and, if not intentionally, Arch's direction as well, "Hey! Sorry about all the terrible stuff you went through, really." It wasn't like she could offer much in compensation, and her attention was taken away when Escort came in instead, looking up at her before grinning and nodding lightly.

"Well, can't say it was exactly the kind of match I wanted to have with Arch, but it worked out in the end I think. Oh, why thank you then! Very much so, Master will be so pleased to hear that!" It took a bit of obvious effort on the navi's part to not try and pounce and hug Escort from how happy the rewards seemed to make her. At least until talk of a uniform started and the information about her rank and title, or names of other navis she'd never heard or met yet. "So.. I guess now is a good time to ask this but... What exactly am I supposed to do as a NS member? Like, I know Master wanted me to join to further his goals and all, but I'm still confused as to what NS even is or what I'm joining into. Not that I question doing so, but it would still help, especially if I have to wear a uniform.."

If anything, it seemed the uniform talk had her more worried than anything else about the idea of being part of a group or faction, still she did start to think a few moments and ahs softly. Looking down at herself and the current wrestler's uniform before she let out a long, slow sighed breath and deactivated the GMO. Letting the simple silks and already barely there costume she had on digitized and disappear, leaving her in her normal attire. Which was that of simple tight fitting soft khaki biker shorts and an equally colored tin tube top to keep her chest hidden. Though in so doing, the nature of her element returned as the bands of flames around her wrists and ankles roared back to life, along with her hair lifting up as if in a wind tunnel before catching fire and burning as if part of a campfire.

She let out a soft, oooo'd breath once it was finished, stretching and popping joints here or there before having something of a pleasured grin across her lips, only to blink out of It and look back up at Escort once more, her arms opening as if to display herself before the larger navi. "Well, this is my usual outfit, so whatever that ranks at I guess is fine. Cloths just get in the way anyway!"
"Oh, don't worry about me... It's what I signed up for, after all. My competitive side just got the better of me and I really wanted to win," Arch sighed, sounding almost as though she regretted giving up more than she did having allowed herself to get egged on. The words were almost not out of her mouth before Lucia's attention turned to Escort, which only made sense, given that Escort was the one dishing out the rewards.

The very tall lady stared down at the rather short one silently for a moment, blinked once, then pressed her fist to her mouth. "Oh... I suppose it was presumptuous of me to assume that Miss Sylk would have told you all about our organization. Very well then, I'll explain what I can," she responded, then crossed her beneath her tremendous bosom. "Furthering your goals is all well and good, but it's important for the Neo-Shogun Empire's subordinates to focus on loyalty to the Shogun and a sense of unity with one's fellow members. Selfish motives can be dangerous," she warned Lucia. "People contribute to the Empire in all kinds of ways. Our stated goal is to unify the net for the well-being of all. You can help us out with your combat skills, your financial resources, or even unique talents like negotiation or flight capabilities. We can even use peculiar talents like cooking, massage therapy, and other such abilities. As for tasks, they can range from helping out across the net, improving public opinion towards our cause, gathering allies, or other various odd jobs. All hands are put to work on a truly diverse array of tasks."

As Lucia revealed her ordinary outfit, which Escort may have seen once before, she paused, pulled a small, black notebook from the locker behind her, and began jotting down some kind of notes as she spoke. "Hm, yes. We'll call this a 5 to be safe. If you go to high up the scale, Yasu might be a little... bold with the design," she murmured, lowering her eyebrows. "I'll let her know you preference. If you like the khaki color, we can do that, or if you prefer something more purplish like you were wearing earlier, we could go that route."

Beyond that question, there wasn't much more holding Lucia here, unless she had more NS questions she wanted answered before she head out.
Lucia listened in, as intently as someone who was looking ready to leave could be while Escort described the details of the Neo-Shoguns to her and their overall goal. Though by the end she hmmed faintly before shrugging and smiling up to the taller woman. "Well, that all sounds nice, though I don't really know how much I could help with some of those. I can't fly, and I don't think I can cook, I'd have to scan through my programming, not really something I've thought about before. Well, I'm sure I can figure out something. So is there a place I have to report to or..? Well I guess that could be sent to me huh. Alright, thanks for welcoming me into the group!"

The somewhat energetic navi hopped on her toes before giving a slight bow as her hair seemed to dull a bit in brightness, only for her to notice it and huff at herself to get it blazing properly once more. "Uhm, anyway, I'm going to go now! It was nice meeting you Escort, and I loved playing with you Archy! Let's do it again sometime! Like when we come back for that photoshoot I promised the guy! That should be fun! Anyways, ah right here. My Master's email, you can reach us there, or just send the info to my homepage, I'll be there for awhile after this!"

[[url=http://s10.zetaboards.com/RockmanChaosNetwork/topic/782292/1/]Vincent@Sharo.net[/url]] [[url=http://s10.zetaboards.com/RockmanChaosNetwork/topic/779831/1/]Vincent Strife's Homepage[/url]]

With that she spun around on her toes before offering one last wave and smile before finally bursting into a bright flame that quickly fizzled out and vanished into nothing.

[Lucia.exe Logging Out, heading to [url=http://s10.zetaboards.com/RockmanChaosNetwork/topic/779831/1/]her homepage[/url]]
((Lucia gets:
20 Arch FXP
7 Escort FXP
15 Showbizz FXP
6 Swat FXP
19 PhotoMan FXP))