Bloodsong: The Unsung

Wooga lifted himself over the bar, he felt like he would just puke up whatever ale he had in him at this moment. So he braced himself against the bar for a moment. "Daaaammmn, that just doesn't feel good now." Wooga wobbled over to the table with his glaive, he lifted it up and swung it fiercely. Goddamnit, not a barfight.

Wooga stumbled over his feet once or twice while he walked towards the thugs and Dethis. "My uncle was an orc, or was it my grandpa's father? Either way, I really don't like people crowding an orc. Specially since the human race has been known to hate them. So just go away and let me puke up whatever organ is caught in my throat."

(Grab my Glaive from the wall, finally hold it loosely depending on offense or defense)
"PIGGART!"

Marco sighed, resting his head in his hand as he turned towards the commotion. He couldn't see what was going on, but he knew a barfight when he heard one.

"Alas, beloved..." He patted his drink, before stepping off the stool, his armor clanking loudly as he slid his left arm into the straps of his shield. With nearly no effort at all, he brought the wooden wall to bear, the insignia of a lone star above a nebula glowing brightly on the tower shield. He took a glance at the symbol and touched his neck, where the identical crest was engraved on a silver holy symbol, his connection to the Platinum Dragon.

Drawing his trusty rapier from its sheath and holding it before his face, Marco first lost himself in prayer, closing his eyes and whispering to himself the commandments of his order. "Hark, chosen, blessed by he who is strong and just. In this world of darkness, thou art one of his stars--an unwavering bastion of the good and just. Bahamut grants thee his trust and his might. Carry thyself with honor, with pride, with duty!" His eyes now open, he answered the command. "The Platinum Dragon's pride is my courage, his fury my strength. I am his champion, forever honored to be charged with his divine task. Amen!" With that, he readied himself the drunkards that were surely threatening the order and started his march...

((...I can't even fight this turn. Just posting 2 move actions (draw weapon, don shield), a bunch of free actions (talk to self, be religious, 5-step move towards the action (up))))

Quote (Kazuhiro)

[ ][X][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ][ ][ ][X][X][X][ ][ ][X][X][ ]
[T][T][T][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][X][X][ ]
[T][ ][ ][ ][|][|][|][|][|][|][|]
[ ][X][ ][ ][|][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ][G][ ][L][|][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[X][ ][X][D][xxxTHE BARxxx][X][X]
[X][ ][X][ ][W][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[X][ ][X][T][ ][X][ ][X][ ][X][ ]
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ][X][X][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][X][ ]
[ ][T][T][ ][ ][ ][X][X][ ][X][ ]
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][X][X][ ][X][ ]
[M]|DOORWAY|[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

|= Wall
X= Table or Passable Barrier (tumble/destructible)
G for Grakas
D for Dethis [3 sub dmg]
W for Wooga [11 sub dmg]
M for Marco
Aria is outside. She hears a commotion but knows nothing further.
T for Thug
L for Thug Leader

Turn order:
Dethis
Thug leader
Wooga
Grakas
Other thugs
Marco

"I'll buy my own ale," said Rodra with a snarl as he hefted the stick in his hands, and the other four discreetly drew knives. "Or, I'll take it from your dead, piggart-loving hands."

He walks up to Dethis... and cracks him one. He misses Dethis' head, but manages to leave a nasty mark on his shoulder. [3 nonlethal damage sustained.]

KAPOW! Dethis slams him in the face. His head snaps back, but he finds his balance immediately. [8 nonlethal damage dealt.] [Thug saves vs. Stunning Fist]

Several more thugs stand up from their tables...
Aria was traveling through the city at a leisurely pace, enjoying the peace of anonymity her concealing robes and cloak brought her in this city of Elf-hating Humans. Se was making her way to the local apothecary in hopes of purchasing a few potions and elixirs she found useful when traveling.

On her way to her destination, she passed yet another tavern. This would not have been a remarkable occurrence had she not heard a series of shouts and yells coming from within. She stopped to listen for a moment... only to shake her head ruefully as the familiar sounds of a random bar-fight-in-progress made their way to her ears...

Her thoughts on the matter were summed up in one disdainful word, as if the word itself were an insult: Humans...

She resumed her trek to the apothecary (just a few buildings down the road) without glancing back... After all, walking into a bar full of Humans is just asking for trouble. Walking in during a fight? That's willful stupidity.
"Hey, the monk is mine old man. Your not the one who'll kill him, I will." Wooga said as he slid his right hand down the pole of his glaive. He then grasped his left arm higher upon the glaive, then lunged forward towards the Thug Leader. He gave a powerful swing of his glaive, he pulled his left hand off of the pole. Finishing his swing with just one hand gripping the end of the pole, he swung it and brought it around his body. He then moved it up to his shoulders and rested both of his arms on his glaive behind his neck. "Go away guys, cause I Wooga, have brought the caval ... The Camelry ... Damnit, I'm a horse guy and that's all you need to know."

(Slash at Thug Leader, prepare self)

Quote (Kazuhiro)

[T][T][T][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][X][X][ ]
[T][ ][ ][ ][|][|][|][|][|][|][|]
[ ][X][ ][ ][|][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ][G][ ][L][|][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[X][ ][ ][D][WxxTHE BARxxx][X][X]
[X][ ][X][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[X][ ][X][T][ ][X][ ][X][ ][X][ ]
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ][T][T][ ][ ][ ][X][X][ ][X][ ]

|= Wall
G for Grakas
D for Dethis [3 sub dmg]
W for Wooga [11 sub dmg]
M for Marco
Aria is outside. She hears a commotion but knows nothing further.
T for Thug
L for Thug Leader

Turn order:
Dethis -done
Thug leader -done
Wooga -done
Grakas
Other thugs
Marco

"I'll buy my own ale," said Rodra with a snarl as he hefted the stick in his hands, and the other four discreetly drew knives. "Or, I'll take it from your dead, piggart-loving hands."

He walks up to Dethis... and cracks him one. He misses Dethis' head, but manages to leave a nasty mark on his shoulder. [3 nonlethal damage sustained.]

KAPOW! Dethis slams him in the face. His head snaps back, but he finds his balance immediately. [8 nonlethal damage dealt.] [Thug saves vs. Stunning Fist]

Several more thugs stand up from their tables...

Wooga runs past a Thug on the way to the leader, who cuffs him with a pair of makeshift brass knuckles that look like he made them himself. [3 nonlethal damage]

He recovers his balance almost immediately and jumps onto the bar. Jump and Tumble checks both successful] and swings his glaive ferociously, landing a nasty slash on the Leader. [6 damage]

Wooga is considered to be elevated.

No one believes his lie about the cavalry. One thug actually snickers. [Circumstance penalty due to not even trying. And it was a terrible roll anyway.]

The thug leader tries to retaliate, but his stick doesn't reach. [attack roll fail due to attacking upwards]
"You people... would defend a half-orc, even at the expense of fighting your own human brethren?" Grakas muttered, looking back and forth between the men who had come to his aid. "I thank you, although don't think I'm reserving you any favors," he grunted. "Now you cowards, was I right about my earlier guess? Or will you stand and fight me to defend your hatred of orcs?" He rose to his full height, unslouching his shoulders and cracking his neck breifly.

Heading towards one of the thugs that stood waiting beyond the overturned table, he pulled a bola from his backpack. "I can see the advantage in not taking your heads off immediately with my axe, so I'll try to approach this... with reservation," he mumbled. Looking at the closest of the four thugs, waiting at the left, he slung his bola out for the man's feet in an attempt to trip him. "Once you're grounded," he breathed menacingly, "I hate to think of what else I'm going to do to you."

((Drawing bola, walking two spaces over to thug, throwing bola. Also intimidation check.))

Quote (Kazuhiro)

[T][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][X][X][ ]
[t][ ][ ][ ][|][|][|][|][|][|][|]
[ ][X][T][ ][|][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[G][T][ ][L][|][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[X][ ][ ][D][WxxTHE BARxxx][X][X]
[X][ ][X][T][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[X][ ][X][ ][ ][X][ ][X][ ][X][ ]
[T][ ][ ][T][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

|= Wall
G for Grakas
D for Dethis [3 sub dmg]
W for Wooga [11 sub dmg]
M for Marco
Aria is at the apothecary.
T for Thug
t for Thug (PC's target)
L for Thug Leader

Turn order:
Dethis -done
Thug leader -done
Wooga -done
Grakas
Other thugs
Marco

The noise in the bar drowns out Grakas' words, but it doesn't drown out the bola that thwacks the thug. The thug charges, and promptly trips over the bola's strings. [Tripped, 3 subdual damage]

The rest start moving in on the offending adventurers. One tries to jump over the Thug on his face, but changes his mind when he almost steps on him. His comrade is a little more succesful, and leaps over the table. He swings at Grakas, but doesn't succeed in doing much of anything. Maybe he's still hesitant.

A Thug slams Dethis from behind with a stick! 6 subdual damage
Marco felt it at the back of his neck. This tension--this marked feeling just before the real fight erupts. All it would take is a drop of blood, and the walls would soon be painted red.

Well, they'd have to do it on top of his broken body. "I offer my gratitude for this opportunity to prove myself, Lord Bahamut." He whispers, his eyes rolling upward in reverence as he stomped heavily towards one of the malcontents that had risen up--

A heat rose in his chest, a confidence he took to be the blessing of his god. Gathering his strength, Marco roared: "By the divine edict of the Platinum Dragon, I order all occupants in this here bar to cease and desist all aggressive acts or with his guidance, I, Marco Judgejoy, shall strike you down where you stand!"

He raised his shield, and readied his rapier--

((Move north up to Thug. Shout. Total Defense (+4 AC) = 25 AC))
The Thug draws a club-looking thing and takes a swing at Marco as he approaches, but it bounces off of Marco's armor.

Just then, the bartender leaps to his feet, with a Heavy Repeating Crossbow in hand, aimed at Wooga.

"THAT'S ENOUGH!" He bellows, with a powerful shout that would've shamed even Rodra. Everyone falls silent, completely silent. The bartender moves his sights from Wooga, to to Dethis, to Marco, to Grakas, then finally back to Wooga, making it clear that he wants them out, right now.

"The last round of drinks are on me," he says with a deadly snarl. "All of you, get out of this pub if you know what's good for you."

Rodra sneers at the bartender and sits back down, resuming his drink in silence.

With a look aimed at the leader of the gang that says I'll deal with you later, the bartender focuses his attention back on Grakas and those defending him-- mostly Grakas and Wooga.
"Please don't shoot me Barkeep. All I've done today was protect this nice Half-Orc guy. I don't want to die on a good note." Wooga said as he slowly and swiftly climbed off of the bar. He backed off, holding his glaive tightly, and infront of his face. He was slowly inching towards the door, to make a quick silent get away.
The barkeeper lets Wooga off.

"Rodra, the next time I have to kick you out, I swear to Pelor I'll skip the warning shot. And if I hear any fighting outside my door, I'm going to come out there and send you all to the Infernal Plane... or something. Just get out!"

He cradles the crossbow in both arms and waits for the rest of the bar to comply. The thug who whacked Dethis also complies, and leaves.
"Be glad your suffering is abated for now, human," Grakas grunted, putting the bola back into his pack. His eyes darted to Wooga, although his head stayed low. "Don't think that I needed your help either, human. What you did was your own decision; I wasn't asking you for any favors." With a grunt, he plopped down onto his own bar stool. He accepted his drink irritably, obviously still feeling the tension from the earlier fight.
"You too, Orc. Out. The drink is on me and I need to stay consistent. I'm sure we understand each other." His tone is apathetic. "I'm making a point here. Come back tomorrow."

Suddenly, the voice continues, only it's in Grakas' head...

As I'm sure you've noticed, almost all of this bar doesn't like seeing you in here. I told you, the last drink is on me. Finish it and leave, please. You're in danger now that the rest of the bar's seen what just happened. The barkeeper locks eyes with Grakas, making it clear exactly whose voice it is.
Sheathing his blade, Marco bowed his head in reverence--his god had granted a miracle, and he would show his gratitude. With Bahamut's guidance, he had no doubt that this world would prosper.

"It is good to see that the world is not as helpless as we had feared. The Platinum Dragon watches over all fortunes, yet his blessings only fall upon those who can protect themselves. Peace and prosperity be with you." Giving the barkeep a sharp military salute, Marco turned to the thugs. "If you cause any more commotion," he addressed the leader of the thugs, "the wrath of the dragon god shall be swift and merciless." He ended his warning with a glare and exited the bar. There was no doubt in his mind that he had drawn the attention away from the brave barkeep.

If he was lucky, even that half-orc would be out of Rodra's mind. Bahamut worked in mysterious ways--all Marco knew was that this had not happened by coincidence, and Rodra and his men were a parasitic worm on society. It would be best to eradicate them now, when they still lacked the power to cause anything more detrimental than simple barfights.

"I shall not disappoint, my Lord." Marco promised, as the weight of his tower shield once again reminded him of his charge, the burden of the shield symbolizing the weight of the world's sins on the conscious of the Platinum Dragon.

Marco swore, when he was knighted by the Order, to lift as much of that burden as he could. He would not let this opportunity slip him by.
"Don't mind me, I'll be following the big knight guy, and thanks for all the beer." Wooga said as he slowly backed away from his spot, he then burst out the door. He was going to follow the tough Marco, until he could get a chance to speak to him one on one.
Rodra just snarls back, and even with Marco's less-than-acute hearing, he can hear the words "Piggart lover."

The barkeep glances over at Marco. "Good for you and your false diety too," he says irritably, obviously still pissed about the commotion, which prompted more than a few people to leave.

After, though, he talks some more, but is drowned out by the bar. His words are almost apologetic, as if he suddenly regrets snapping at Marco. So he's not such a bad guy.

"If you want anything from the bar, just let me know, okay? ...Always happy to serve a Paladin..." He trails off on the last few words, and finally takes both hands off of the crossbow to pour a drink for himself.

He puts the crossbow back under the counter, then shoots another glance at Grakas, then at Dethis, then at Rodra, who's still pouting. "I said out," he said, sounding more bored than anything now.
"Huh," Grakas snorted audibly. "I'm not so stupid as to sit around here and provoke more tension, but you'll forgive a guy for wanting to finish wetting his throat. I'm out. Thanks for the booze," he grunted, rising stiffly from his seat with a loud creak of wooden stool-legs scratching the wooden floors.

"This whole damn town is against me," he muttered under his breath, swinging open the doors and exiting the bar. "I hope things don't stay this way much longer. If they do, it's going to get hard to find a decent bit of ale around these human towns."
Aria entered the apothecary with a mental sigh of relief at having made it to her destination without being accosted by some racist fool along the way... Again. Once she was indoors, she moved to look at the items they had for healing and began browsing through their selection of potions, tonics, elixirs, and (especially) herbal salves... For something so easy to make, it certainly is hard to find in this city.
The signs, thankfully, were all in Common. Marco followed them diligently--while he arguably needed underlings for his crusade, he would need salves for his own wounds. The apothecary. That's what he needed.

He moved mechanically, years of military forced marches serving him well. A shambling of metal, interspliced with the occasional wooden thump as his shield slammed into the floor, made his passage obvious to even the deaf. He was purposefully adding to his stomps, each step on the ground ringing to announce his movements. He wasn't sure if anyone would take the bait, but his hand reached for his rapier nevertheless...

Before he knew it, he was before the apothecary, a small drabby sign announcing the shop.