History of RERN

Quote ()

I would like to know about the original site, RockMan Chaos Network. What was that like? Do you remember what the first navi there was like? I know this may be stupid, but I am extremely curious about what happened.

This post has been heavily rectified and moved here.

There are still some comments in this thread that may or may not be worth reading, but if you have anything to say, say it in the other thread.
Well, I don't know how relevant it is, but Nal deleting the board doesn't entierly stop you from browsing it.

How is that?

Google tends to save pages when they index the search.

Examples

Instead of going directly to the page, click the small "Cached" link, and you shall see.
...wow. What a chaotic history. I belonged to a site where something similar happened.
Hm. I didn't know Nale had tried to use his Root Admin powers to get an advantage IC... That's just stupid. But I should have expected it of him. He's raging, self-righteous, and horribly hard to predict nine tenths of the time.

And now, in his final act of petty hatred, the board message he left behind leaves a subtle suggestion that we stole the site and its premise as a party of marauders...

I've nothing from that time. I wasn't there for most of the upheaval. But that list looks pretty thorough anyway. Don't think I'd have much to offer if I was there.
I can't help but think that the one who most suffered from this was Nal, for he must destroy his pride (sin) if he ever wants to play again.

But it's his own fault. I wouldn't be surprised *lie* if he wasn't disquised as another member here.

Woo! Bakesale!

Quote (Savage King)

Hm. I didn't know Nale had tried to use his Root Admin powers to get an advantage IC... That's just stupid. But I should have expected it of him. He's raging, self-righteous, and horribly hard to predict nine tenths of the time.

And now, in his final act of petty hatred, the board message he left behind leaves a subtle suggestion that we stole the site and its premise as a party of marauders...

I've nothing from that time. I wasn't there for most of the upheaval. But that list looks pretty thorough anyway. Don't think I'd have much to offer if I was there.

Well...his RPing WAS below the standard set in his absence, but he didn't want to admit his own fault in this, instead threatening to use his root admin powers and complaining that the standard was set too high.

Quote ()

Each time, the membership stayed strong

By the way, I believe Lunarlion is partly to thank for one of those times.

Coming from someone who joined RECN only a day or two after Twi, I can confirm most of what Demon said. (I was skiing the weekend that everything with Nal broke down, though.)
i was still only able to post from school with my computer still out and i was PISSED when i saw that RECN was closed down. i STILL want nal's head on a silver platter for doing this to all of us.

Quote (darkstar1006)

i was still only able to post from school with my computer still out and i was PISSED when i saw that RECN was closed down. i STILL want nal's head on a silver platter for doing this to all of us.

You and me both.

Oh and Morrigan left due to being bored and thinking Rockman was below her age at that time, she was a amazing Admin, and a great spriter. I miss the old day.

But besides that, I am suprised how much fourms close down for the EXACT same reasons and sometimes very alike.

The fourm I was a Mod (High Mod, but still a Mod) in; 'Megaman BN: Battle City':
Super-NooBs (NooBs that want things their way by making ~5-7 accouts each and spamming the fourms until they got what they want (Unlimited Health, 100000 dmging charge shot, and etc.) (Also, this is kind of a warning for you guys to beware those super-NooBs, god who knows where they roam now.)

'Rockman: Final stand': The root admin had used his power to get ^[insert above about what the super-NooBs want]^ and ended up with the fourm of his deleted when he got angry at the rebel teams.

'Cyber City Advanced': The Root Admin put useless members/ghost members into Admin position to so that they can't stop him from useing all his power to become, umm... lets just say Uber. And ended up wth everyone leaving him.

Theres more, I'll find them in my history files of fallen sites.
Hah hah... He's not just cultivating it anymore. He's full-out accusing us of theft. This is a little old, but it's new to me, at least.

Read on.

Thanks to Rapid for setting the record straight, anyway.
Hear, hear, poyo!

And for the record...

Woo! Dancing Prinnies!
<slaps forehead>
No friggin' wonder Lunar was that awesome.
I'm such an idiot.

I also agree with the Demonstar post above.
Hold on...

First off, after Nal left, was that the part where everyone rallied and RPed in different places because little or no Battle Modding was getting done? That period doesn't seem to have a mention.

We should insert the names of the other admins where they belong, like Insaneiac, DZ, Rapid, myself, and the current Admins.

We should go into more detail on the first upheaval, with Cestus.

I'm saying "we should" because although I remember these things, I don't trust myself to insert them properly. I'd like to make that first post really complete.

Quote (Savage King)

Hah hah... He's not just cultivating it anymore. He's full-out accusing us of theft. This is a little old, but it's new to me, at least.

I used to respect him. Now that respect has dissolved into a faceless puddle of entropy.

Thanks to Rapid for setting the record straight, anyway.

Heh.

He just got his ass served.

I wonder who Twilight Shu was.

Hm...

Nope, no memories of him.

And Cindy, Morrigan was a horrible RPer, and a cruel admin. He just didn't abuse his power as badly as Nale had, and that's 'cause he left for her own site.
Surken, I think, by the way he acts that is. But it may not be him, but he is VERY similar to Surken. (maybe I spelled his name wrong too, it had been very long... oh so very long.)
Edited and updated. Tell me if I screwed up any, Demon. DX

-Twi
From the drawings as his avatar, I'm fairly sure Twilight_Shu is our old buddy, Brix.

Hmm. Let's turn all the "I"s to Demonstar or something, as the pronouns can get confusing.
Ah, you can always count on good 'ol Brix. After all, who was it that said to me,
"Brix=Geezer. So give the old man some respect."
I don't believe it was his fault. Nal probably fed him some f***ed up version of events. I can forgive Brix.

But THIS shit is completely unforgivable. I had, despite his best efforts to remove them, some shreds of what I thought to be empathy for Nal and a hope he might turn around and decide to give the site another chance, but HERE, where he couldn't go on a bitching spree and shut it down.
I now see what stupid, arrogant, childish notions those were. The thought that someone can be a right asshole and then one day turn his life around and life will go on better than normal is something for fucking fairy tales.

That's all the swearing I'm going to do. Because there are two types of rage. My rage is cold. I use it to my advantage. It gives me clearer (if more pessimistic) thinking, and the rational thought that allows me to decide what would be the (regrettably) correct thing to do.
Nal's rage is hot rage. He doesn't use it. It uses him. And because of what it did, and how he had no logic or thought to any of the repercussions of his actions, he has lost all respect and any feelings of goodwill I had towards him.

:angry:
You see that smiley face? He's angry. Thing is, if he was a person, he might go around beating up little children for the hell of it. If his rage was to fight mine, his wouldn't stand a chance in hell. His rage would take one look at the face of mine, reform his life, and become a well mannered citizen who wins prizes for his Tropical Fish. From one look. I'm that f***ing angry. And you know what? Thinking about this has ruined my whole f***ing day. Great.

I'm gonna go read Hogfather until the red dissappears from my eyes now.
Rather kind of Brix, giving such an accurate description of the events.

It's obvious that he has no trouble getting his facts straight, despite dropping into inactivity months before the issue broke out.

>_>

Nale spoon-fed his story to Brix, no doubt.

And who can't trust the word of the rabid ex-Root?
Brix is a old ass prick.
Nal is a big assed prick.
Brix... I think he's just a fool.

And an awful artist, for all the self-promoting and parading about of said art he did back in the day. >_>

But that's beside the point...

I'm just surprised that if Nale did indeed spoon-feed him his version of events, Brix didn't check his facts.

Most everything points to the truth, if only one looks hard enough.