Calling all AudioSurfers

Ok this is a call out to anyone who plays AudioSurf!

Me and a friend are currently planning this week end to fight against each other in audiosurf for top score between the two of us for a song, buuuut I thought "you know what... lets get a few other friends on this"

Though I havnt ran it by my other friend yet.... oh well I'm sure he wouldnt mind...

Anyhoo...

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sondwavesurfers

Created this group specifically for me and my friends who play AudioSurf. So drop me a line and I'll get you in. Also we're looking for songs, preferably Video Game Remixes, such as from ocremix.org (since we can get them for free), to use for the challenge. We have a few already lined up, and we're planning on starting sometime either tonight.

basically we'd be at it for a while seeing if we can beat the other's score till we give up on trying to beat the other to see who is the Dethroning Master.

no prize, just fun. also bonus points if you can find a song that isnt overdone that is still very good for audiosurf

also incase there is a tie between two people who have the most top scores... like say A has 3 top scores and B has top 3 scores, I have a song picked out that would be perfect for it. CarboHydroM's Unsealed (you have to google it to find it)

Edit: Fixed URL to steam group
DUN WANNA BUY.
D:<

Send me 4 friez, or I not join...
>_>;;
It's a Steam game, Hiko. You HAVE to buy it, unless you want one of the spooned betas that don't work worth half a crap and are missing some characters.

That aside, it's entirely worth the $10. If you don't believe me, download the free trial.

-Twi
I dont see why they have to be an ass with steam.

You have to go ONLINE to play an OFFLINE game, If you pay the money, you shouldn't have to deal with such a client, especially if its online only.

Not to mention it FORCES you to get updates. Sometimes I like playing the non-updated version. Maybe I WANT "this boss" to be extra hard, or "THAT WEAPON" to be a little uber for the area its found in, maybe "LEVEL #XX" is a good break from the level your going to fix in the next update so its not so uber. MAYBE SOME PEOPLE HAVE DIAL UP AND DON'T WANT TO WAIT HOURS ON END TO PLAY THEIR DAMN GAME.

[/rant]

also, Audiosurf looks kickass. If I wasn't ranting every time I thought of steam(ing pile of sh*t), I would get the demo (because I'm not allowed to make online purchases, even if I had the online cash)
common.. I feel that you have no experiance with steam at all...

ONE. Many of Steam's games have online related features. Such as score keeping for AudioSurf. Or Multiplayer for such games as Garry's Mod.

Two. Updates can be switched to not happen automatically and where you can have it do it when you want it to.

Three. Updates fix errors, not major changes like you mentioned.

Four. (from a previous discussion in the chat) Steam doesnt give off ads for random shit. It instead gives off a little bulliten of updates or games that are on steam at the start of steam, and not randomly while steam is running.

Five. Get Cable or DSL and join the modern age.

Six. THIS ISNT A THREAD TO RANT IN, IF YOU WANT TO RANT ABOUT SOMETHING GO AND RANT ABOUT IT IN A DIFFERENT THREAD.

Ok common and Hiko out of the way.. Does anyone want to join up for this? I figure if we do anything it'll be tomorrow and sunday. And we'd be doing different songs each weekend.
Also, you CAN work offline in Steam once you've logged in, I believe.

-Twi
Oh yeah that is right. And also you dont required to be connected to the internet to play some of the games either, it just requires a connection just to verify the account every... what.. 72 hours? or something like that.
-/0uR (|-|4114|\|63 |-|45 833|\| 4((3q73D !!!

And have I got rawking treats for you. (^.^ )b
I'm surprised. I actually understood Lego. :,D

Reasons Why I would buy AudioSurf:
-Looks cool.
-Cool music integration, kind of like Rez.
-Combines Galaga and Guitar Hero. AWESOME.

Reasons Why I wouldn't:
-I don't have a computer, still.
-It looks like it MAY get old after a bit.
-Looks kinda hard for me. XD
The first set has been posted on the group page. See first post for a link to it. Enjoy.
Damn. Now my Steam is broken.

BRB
AudioSurfer, reporting in~

I got tons n' tons of "not overdone" songs. OCRemixes, the Phoenix Wright soundtrack, old pop music, and the Eminence Orchestra, plus whatever crap I've got in Stepmania, to name a few.
Lego, Sora, and Twi, I've found some awesome songs for us to use. Interested?

Quote (Sora-Chan)

Five. Get Cable or DSL and join the modern age.

I DO HAVE FAST INTERNET

its DSL as fast as a T1! Why does everyone think that because I play games I automatically have a shit connection and a good compy? Its the other way around!

and anyways, Im biting the bucket, just not the water. I still cant buy online, except with my $40 giftcard here, and Im saving that for something that WORKS and that I would want to play.
invite plz~

Also, we should add each other to friends, for the benefit of Friend Highscores. My handle is 'Kazuhiro808.'
I said that line because YOU common said this

Quote ()

MAYBE SOME PEOPLE HAVE DIAL UP AND DON'T WANT TO WAIT HOURS ON END TO PLAY THEIR DAMN GAME.

Also I wasnt just saying it directly at you, i was stating it towards just about everyone with dialup still
Sora & Common: Drop it. Or else.

-Twi
I was hoping to save this one for a contest, but I recommend "KRWLING," a remix of Linkin Park's 'Crawling' on the album Reanimation. A third of the song is retarded-slow, another third is green-yellow flat, and for the last 1:30 or so it goes into a smooth, red drop, complete with practically-impossible-to-stealth note barrages and a few stupidly sharp turns.

Do yourself a favor and torrent the album if Linkin Park inspires in you any reaction even marginally better than making you want to claw your eyes out.

Oh, and don't play it on Casual unless you really suck.