Tom's Game Reviews

"By the end of your zombie killing campaign, you'll be able to reach inside a zombie and tear his guys out. Now tell me that isn't cool."

*tears guys out of zombies* :'D

Nice review though. I'll have to rent that game if I ever get an XBOX 360 like I'm planning to, assume I ever have time for a new non-handheld platform again. XD

*is AimMan*
...I swear, somebody is going back and altering my posts! Blargh! >.>

Anyway, Prey review, coming soon. It's actually been a few months since I've played it so I'm gonna grab a few hours on it to review. (In particular the whole 'Tommy goes insano scene', my favorite)
What systems do your review? PC or DS perhaps?
Halo 3 is up. Next, perhaps I'll finally finish that Prey review. Or Bioshock... "I want to take the ears off, but I can't!"
Would you kindly do the Bioshock first?
Please do a Halo 3 review, yes, so people can get any idea of what it's like instead of... you know... assuming it's overrated. XD A cloud of hype formed around the game so I think that the general expectation that it had to be worse than that clouded a lot of people on the fact that it had specific up and down traits.
The Halo 3 review is already up Heat...

However, it doesn't say "Halo 3 sucks" so I assume Tom has never played the game.
My bad. ^^;

Keep up the good work, Tom.
About to go and fix the score. That story rating is still too high, not even my love of the series can deny that the plot is garbage. But playability and awesome factor are off the scale.
Indigo Prophesy rocks on the PS2. The reason it's not well known is that it had very poor advertising, as did God Hand, Psyconauts, Beyond Good & Evil, and Okami. All of these are very good games, but they lacked good advertisments.
OI Halo 3...It was fun and all when I first got it, mostly because I was up to my neck in hype. I wasn't even playing on getting it until a week before it's release, but then the wave of hype, like a riptide, pulled me under before I had a chance to breathe, and I ended up buying Mountain Dew Game Fuel for the novelty of it (it tastes like sh*t). I was even thinking about attending the midnight release (even though my folks NEVER would have let me). And then I rushed over to my mom's store after school to pick it up from her office (she picked it up for me while I was at school). And then I went home and played it to death for like four/five weeks. And then I went on to the GameSpot forums (I'm an active member) and people's opinions finally caught up with me and I realized how AVERAGE the game truly is. To quote Yahtzee, "Halo 3 is already more popular than God", so it doesn't really matter. I started agreeing with my friend Harry that sits next to me in science, who told me he hated Halo 3 and I thought he was high or something.

The problem with the game is this: it's ENTIRELY based on the weapon you have. If you have an assault rifle against a rocket launcher, the rocket launcher AUTOMATICALLY wins. The weapons aren't balanced at all. If you're in a ghost against someone with an assault rifle, the assault rifle is fucked. FUCKED. F-U-C-K-E-D.

Man...my halo rants...
I just now saw this so Im going to put my 2 cents in.

1. Tom or whatever you want me to call you. How in the hell could you have forgotten Chrono Trigger. You introduced me to it. And in the last year I got like 4 different endings, proud of myself.

2. Halo 3 gets boring fast and after you beat it once it sucks!!! The multiplayer isnt that great, sure some new weapons and vehicles but who cares. They get boring all Im saying is that fun at first and sucks later like a hurricane(Jeff Dunham- Spark of Insanity).
Psh. I can't review everything. Ah, but I've been lazy. I promised a Bioshock review and have yet to make due. Well, what can I say. I was underwhelmed. Granted, the Andrew Ryan's office scene was very good, and I did get a little swept up in the action along the way, but I was still disappointed in the ending.

Now, something I might do a review on soon? Soul Nomad. The game has been amazing. The best game Nippon Ichi has made in years. I'm even questioning if it's better than the original Disgaea, which was a freakin' masterpiece. Soul Nomad is that awesome. I thought I beat the game and all I had left now was bonus content, but I was very, very wrong. Upon starting a new game+, I've discovered an entirely alternate storyline that is just amazing. So, yeah, maybe a review on Soul Nomad once I finish this second plot path. Maybe. If there's a third, which I'm hoping since there have been instances in both paths where I've said, "No, don't kill that character, no!" Where's my perfect game path? Sniff.
You must rent and review Phantom Dust. Or else. I assume you've downloaded the most recent patch for Backwards Compatibility?
Phantom Dust? Never heard of it. I'd say gimme an idea of what it's about, but I tell ya what, I'll see if I can dig something up real quick.

Hmm. Gamefaqs likes it. High reviews, mostly 9's and 10's. But I've never seen the game before. If I can find it in the local game store, I might pick it up, but that's the best I can do.

Quote (Tom)

Phantom Dust? Never heard of it. I'd say gimme an idea of what it's about, but I tell ya what, I'll see if I can dig something up real quick.

Hmm. Gamefaqs likes it. High reviews, mostly 9's and 10's. But I've never seen the game before. If I can find it in the local game store, I might pick it up, but that's the best I can do.

You have to rent it. There's only about 5000 copies of it in existence. It's a 3rd person Real Time Strategy Card Game RPG set around a Post Apocalyptic world.
Here's a vid of some gameplay.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-DckJ8LC9w&feature=related It's scarily like MMBN's chip-folder system...
If it's the game Im thinking of X-Play said it sucks pretty bad. Is it where you go around in squares fighting each other? And I should beat a game and try a review I just have to think of what.