HackJackSP?

I was playing MMBN 6 Gregar the other day on my DS when something weird happened. I was playing as Eraseman and I entered the Graveyard area in Full-Synchro. Anyway, when I entered, I saw some yellow data in the corner. I picked it up and got a chip called HackJackSP. For a second, I thought I had gotten a secret chip or a mega chip or something, so I checked my library. There was no HackJackSP in there. I was a little confused, so I decided to test the new chip out on some viruses. But when I use HackJackSP, the screen completely froze and the game stopped. I couldn't do anything.

I was wondering if this had happened to anyone else...
I thought the yellow data in the graveyard was ColonelSP, but I could be wrong...

Anyway, have you ever used any cheat devices on your game at all? If not, sounds like a random bug/oversight.
I don't have a GameShark or anything...the only codes I've ever used are for Higsby's.
Probably random then.

I'd say ditch the chip to prevent any further damage to your file.

Quote ()

Graveyard: 25% chance of ProtoMnSP B, 25% chance of LifeAur U, 25% chance of BugFrags/Zenny, 12.5% chance of ColonelSP C, 12.5% chance of HackJckSP H

Yes, that is the (badly translated) Count in that last area. Please note that while a chance exists to legitimately earn it, it will not appear in the Library, and attempts to use it in battle will crash the game. Also note that the fact that the YMD can appear in three of the areas not available in the US or EU versions, and that this will reduce your chances of successfully getting it.

There you go. It was a Secret chip that you could get legit in the JP version, but it was accidentally left in the US version.

In that case keep it, but don't use it.
Thanks for the help...gonna remove it from my folder when I get back.