Discworld

actualy mine was a PS1 game, were...umm...I forget. Something with death being not there and such...and having to find things...
I think it was called Grim Fandango? Anyway, just finished Soul Music.

Its at least 10 different kinds of win. Its a book that has Rocks in it.
I will bump this topic from friggin oblivion if I have to.

Terry is a goddamn genius. Feet of Clay made me think, lol, and cry some manly tears in the same time.

Anyone glancing on this topic, if nothing else, read the books with the guards inthem.
A: I don't know what they are.
B: HAHAHA. I AM AN ASS.
Voting for all of them owns.
C: Hook me up with them? :0
I read Going Postal. I want to move on to the rest, but they're taking forever to come off their holds at the library.
Old topic is old. However, since Knight went through all of the trouble of bumping this topic, I am currently reading Night Watch.
Just finished Making Money, which means apart from the Science trilogy, i've read them all.

Quote (English Ninja)

I read Going Postal. I want to move on to the rest, but they're taking forever to come off their holds at the library.

Damned straight. My first Discworld as well. Moist von Lipwig is a friggin GENIOUS. And he has... eh, whats the word... krisma.
Also...

Quote (legoroy)

Just finished Making Money, which means apart from the Science trilogy, i've read them all.

Ah. Making money. I just have to pick it up from the library. (I have it on hold)

Quote (zyborg)

Quote (Zanallen)

Pffft, Xanth is cooler.

In my own opinion, they are about equal. Off-topic: what do you think of the Spell for Chameleon movie coming out next year?

Another book series geting a movie made about it?

Already on the docket of book movies I'll watch is Dragons of Autum Twilight.
Thanks for revivng this topic. The Discworld series is awesome. I am thinking of rereading the Hogfather... for the 12th time, for "Hogswatch" (XMas to those who don't know what that is).

The has so many memerable quotes. If only I could remember them....

But seriously

This is very similar to the suggestion put forward by the Quirmian philosopher Ventre, who said, "Possibly the gods exist, and possibly they do not. So why not believe in them in any case? If it's all true you'll go to a lovely place when you die, and if it isn't then you've lost nothing, right?" When he died he woke up in a circle of gods holding nasty-looking sticks and one of them said, "We're going to show you what we think of Mr Clever Dick in these parts..."

And

"Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life."

Any other quotes anyone can find? I found some from lspace.org, but there are a lot of funny ones not listed there.
You know that, "Why not beleive in God, if he's not real you lose nothing" thing has always been my argument against athiests. It's just so obvious after all.
http://www.paulkidby.com/news/index.html

"Folks,

I would have liked to keep this one quiet for a little while, but because of upcoming conventions and of course the need to keep my publishers informed, it seems to me unfair to withhold the news. I have been diagnosed with a very rare form of early
onset Alzheimer's, which lay behind this year's phantom "stroke".

We are taking it fairly philosophically down here and possibly with a mild optimism. For now work is continuing on the completion of Nation and the basic notes are already being laid down for Unseen Academicals. All other things being equal, I
expect to meet most current and, as far as possible, future commitments but will discuss things with the various organisers. Frankly, I would prefer it if people kept things cheerful, because I think there's time for at least a few more books yet :o)

Terry Pratchett

PS I would just like to draw attention to everyone reading the above that this should
be interpreted as 'I am not dead'. I will, of course, be dead at some future point, as
will everybody else. For me, this maybe further off than you think - it's too soon to tell.
I know it's a very human thing to say "Is there anything I can do", but in this case I
would only entertain offers from very high-end experts in brain chemistry."
If everyone thought like he did, then I believe this would be a much lighter and fantastic world.

: D

Good old Terry.