Kirbyron in WoW

You've heard all those rumours about WoW, right? How it steals lives, makes people irritable and generally doesn't do a whole lot of good for the health of some people. Thus, I have taken it upon myself to see for myself just what makes WoW so addictive. Mostly for my own morbid curiosity.

After locating a free Blizzard 10-Day trial, I set about the world as a warlock gnome. (Tried to make him look as much like kirby as possible.)

To help with my explanation, i've entitled the use of Print Screen.

*DAY 1, ANVILMA*

As soon as I started, I was ruthlessly ordered to slaughter 8 innocent wolves for their tough, chewy insides. But I got some gloves for it. Yay.

Quest deduction: The battle system is pretty well thought out. The WASD keys are used to turn instead of strafe like an FPS. Action commands are given by hotkeys. Targets are selected with the left mouse button and the order to attack is with the right. Moving in close enough was to stab them with my knife, but I mostly used my default warlock spell to deal with them.

Conclusion: Awsome, really. It's like a more flexibly fixed Phantasy Star Universe. I look forward to more, as the intuition is pulling me in. I can feel it.

*TO BE CONTINUED*
Good luck man. By their very definition, MMORPGs are incredibly addictive. It has been almost three years since I have played WoW and I still feel its call. I still feel the desire to run around in the forest, killing the Princess and stealing land deeds off of the bodies I killed.
I'm a level 42 Druid.

...And a level 24 Warlock...

And a level 17 Warrior...

Oh, and I'm also highly inactive.

PWNT.

(PS: Khaz'goroth)

-Twi
Yourshoe is a lvl 57 shamie and has not seen the light of day for over two months
I have a 42 Mage and a 42 Warrior, plus numerous low level characters...That is, if they still exist. Blizzard says they do, but who knows. Meh, if I had a better computer I would be playing right now. I'll whip out some Tauren Druid in bear form and then devour that pinkish gnome.
Heh, if you wanted reasons why WoW was addictive, you could've asked me. I'm hardly a veteran, but I'm WoWing it up myself these days.

Best of luck to you though. Hope you enjoy your experience with it. Or not, if you're hoping to stay away, heh. If you really feel like going serious, you might want to start a character on the Terrokar server. I might be able to help you out. Or if you know someone in real life who plays, you could join their server.

At any rate, you just gave me an idea so I thank you for that. Later, and happy hunting.
And what server are you on lego?
Ezo-something. Besides, i've always had a thing for summoning. B)

Oh yeah. I got my imp summon thingy, but the print screen was being a bitch and crashed my comp.

Quote (legoroy2)

Ezo-something. Besides, i've always had a thing for summoning.  B)

Oh yeah. I got my imp summon thingy, but the print screen was being a bitch and crashed my comp.

Imp...? F*** that, Succubus is where it's at.

...At least, once you get to level 20...

-Twi
Everyone starts somewhere.

*DAY 2, KHARANOS*

Upon discovering the maps, I realized just how tiny the vast lake of Anvilma really was. A section of a country that was but a fraction of the continent. So, after receiving supplies for a distant inn, I set off through the mountain pass.

On the way, some dwarven settlers were camped out beside a fire. Before I lost interest, they scuttled off up the slope to a raised platform with a cannon mounted. According to their crys and laughing drawls, they were some sort of mortar team. One of the dwarves, Shorty, leveled his rifle at some wooden cut-outs and proceeded to miss every single one of them, resulting in a cry of despair. After some reassuring slaps on the back, the dwarves took to the cannon, aiming it at a spotter further up the hill. The two who manned the mortar, Dyno Myght and Tee En Tay (sweet Jesus :rolleyes: ), loaded a round of explosive slugs at a huge metal figurine located near a tree. A few missed, but the last hit with a bang and blew away the entire object. Cheering and dancing, the dwarves retreated back to their camp.

Deduction: I guess this was my first encounter of the fabled "Random Events" in which NPCs go about their daily digital lives, incoherent of any Player activities. This seems a great way to entertain the local players against the dull dredgery of fetch quests. Getting the hang of controlling my imp friend, Baludi, tag-teaming against a gang of frostmanes. Emoticons are simple commands, which I used to enjoy by dancing upon a player's corpse. XD

Conclusion: The scope of Blizzard's islands is incredible. You'd need a whole week just to check out one country. I hope I don't get too mixed up in this buisness, as my English Exam is tomorrow, but it's hard to put down.

*TO BE CONTINUED*
Fight the pull, Lego!
Bu...but...
LEGO! NOOOO
We've lost another innocent soul to WoW.
LEAVE. BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!!
Heh, I decided to follow Lego's lead and post up some of my own adventures, with helpful little photos. Unfortunately, I'm out of time today. I'll post 'em up in the morning. Mind if I jack your thread Lego or should I start my own?

At any rate, glad to see you're enjoying it. And yeah, the game is massive. Exploration really is one of the games finer points. It's a shame there are so few rewards for it, but then again exploration in itself is a reward.
Sure, go ahead. Just make your own headers so we don't get confused.

After marching through a wendigo infested cave, stumbling into Ironforge, walking along the tram tracks (whatta treck!) I only ended up a few miles away in some rundown medieval town. But there's robots so it's cool.

There they are. I had a temporary ally, Fayhugie, but he wasn't up to much.
I decided against it after all. I figure it's your thread, y'know? Might make some Fan-fic thread later for fun... soon as I figure how to open these darn screenshots I took.

And you walked through the tram? Yikes! Poor guy! But yeah, sounds like you're in Westfall if you're finding robots. Good luck there. If you're level 9 or higher, you should do fine.
Don't know why Blizzard chose the file they did, but I' pretty sure photoshop and image ready opens it.
Nngh...

*Plays WoW*

-Twi

PS: It's much more fun if you have people to play with. Partying > Soloing.
I'm proud to say I've stayed WoW sober for 2 months now.

Well, if you guys want people to group with, come on down to Terrokar. Me and my buddies'll be glad to take you in. We're a Normal Server with a Medium population. Items are cheap on the AH and resources are plentiful...

And now that I'm done shameless whoring out my server, what's new with the Lock, Lego?
Lock? Um, I dunno. Well, update time. *yawn*

*DAY 3, DUN MOROGH*

The medieval town was fun enough. It had canals and a park and stuff. Took a light trek up the wizards' tower.

Wooh! Portal magic! Apparently, you can learn how to create portals, which puts in mind profits. Set up as a travel agency, see? XD

Afterwards, I took the tram back to Ironforge and to Dum Morogh to finish off the quests around there. Killed a few bears, boars, leapards, wendigos and trolls. Made some friends. And woah! Ambushed! Next thing, i'm lying with a mountain of body wounds and a face full of snow. I expected to return to the town or even wait for a set reboot.

I didn't expect this.

How cool is that? After you die, you become a ghost and can find a healer to return your body, or you can treck across the wilderness to resurrect your corpse.

Completed some more quests. Fought some other players for a boss enemy. And what does the clock say?

"5:14" AM

Ah.

Deduction: Despite being primeraly fetch quests, the journey and burden of the adventure carries you through. The death system is nice and origional, parties are easy to orginise and the rate of growth has you plundering for more.

Conclusion: Oh dear God, someone help me! It's sucking me in! I can't quite get to grips with it, I just want to play! Urk...