Stephen Pale (WIP)

Operator

Name: Stephen Pale

Appearance: roughly 5'8", and weighing about 125lbs, Stephen is rather skinny for his build, something he dislikes intensely, but has never really been able to affect a change on. He has curly, sand-brown hair which looks as though it is a little short, although when straightened it easily drops down to the nape of his neck at the back, and his messy, un-parted fringe will reach down from the bridge to the tip of his slender nose. His eyes are blue, somewhere between steely grey and the deep blue often attributed to oceans, although they lose most of their potential poetic charm to this mix. He also has a short crop of facial hair, born of him being too lazy to do more than trim it every now and then.
He prefers subdued colours in his clothes, but is immensely fond of a single, long-sleeved shirt of a bright white colour, with two inky black strips died into the fabric, one at his right shoulder, running down to just below the chest, and one at his left side, which runs across his belly. His trousers are usually of an 'alternative' style, black, grey or dark blue jeans with a number of pointless zips or attachments of trailing fabrics, and always with large pockets sewn on to the sides of the legs, just above the knees. He will often wear an old, well-worn hooded jacket when it's cold or raining despite it being an obvious size too large for him, a cherished gift, although he'd never admit that while wearing it for some reason.
Stephen loves rollerskating, and will sometimes wear an old set of beaten rollerblades in place of shoes of any kind, despite the impracticality, but will always carry a set of thin, patchwork canvas shoes with him in a shoulder bag of a similar condition if he does this.

Personality: In few words, Stephen is very easygoing and laid back. In fewer words, he's lazy, or at least comes across as such. He is quite intelligent, if he needs to be, but will often retreat behind the mask of a 'foolish slacker' in order to get out of working too often. He does like to keep track of small details though, and will more often than not surprise the people around him with pointed observations, or a well aimed joke at certain points in a conversation, although this is mostly just for his own entertainment, as he is far from a malicious person at heart.
Stephen claims to enjoy the 'finer' things in life. What he means by this, however, is that he has a liking for loud music, anything that will get him stone-cold wasted by nightfall, and a fast life on the half-pipe. Not that he's what you could call a delinquent, he simply believes that there is little more to life than enjoying it to the fullest, so long as you're not inconveniencing those around you.
He likes to work with people, and has no qualms about playing second-fiddle to anybody, so long as he can trust them to succeed, as he hates having to clean up after a sloppy job. Too much effort for all involved.

PET Modifications: Stephen uses an old model of PET, which is a little larger and bulkier than most, however he keeps it well, and finds the slightly larger screen a big bonus. It has dulled silver casing, and resembles the back of an oversized digital camera.

NetNavi

Name: Jayge.Exe

Element: Normal

Subtype: Speed

Appearance:
Jayge's design is based on an old, almost outdated NetNavi, which at first resembled little more than a technological skeleton with clunky forearms and lower legs, and an optical visor covering it's face. Stephen updated Jayge's appearance during times of boredom, while strengthening his inner architecture with more modern updates, which has resulted in the NetNavi being clothed from neck to foot in white, loose cloth, with his lower legs, forearms and chest covered in thick black armour, with small gemlike decorations. This armour can open up in segments, revealing a small number of little boosters. When using these, Jayge is capable of far greater speed and agility than normal, however the effort required to both use and control this extra thrust will tire him quickly (Afterburner ability).
Stephen also gave his Navi a face, basing the features on his own, but giving him long, straight black hair (a style he'd like to take up for himself one day) which the Navi 'ties' back into a tail that reaches his lower back.
As a token of his laziness, Stephen deigned not to remove an older feature of his original Navi, an optical visor that runs from ear to ear and will flip up from covering both of Jayge's eyes to a resting position on his forehead. This has very little of an actual effect on the Navi, but it does mean that as his visual abilities were never really updated as much as they should have been. Jayge's vision is slightly impaired while this visor is lifted. To be exact, objects more than twenty feet or so away from him appear as somewhat blurry, and he cannot distinguish the colour pink from orange, and blue from dark green, due to an unknown error in his older coding. These impairments, short of the colour-blindness, are removed while the visor is down and active.
The only other 'unaltered' details with Jayge's appearance is the scarlet belt he wears, which runs into a long, flowing tail of fabric at his left side. The only reason this is still in place is because Stephen likes the way it's outdated animation cycles cause it to lag behind by a few frames as Jayge moves, which causes an interesting visual effect.

Personality: Jayge most usually reacts to his Operator's apparent apathy with direct concern, if not flat out irritation. He doesn't like Stephen's lacklustre attitude towards everything, and will often be the first to say such. Besides this, he is as loyal as could be asked for, and a level of understanding between the two is easily apparent. Jayge enjoys a good challenge, and will not hesitate to dirty his hands in a difficult task when he deems it important, however there are times when he can appear to be as easygoing as his Operator, which of course he denies thoroughly.

Custom Weapon: Splinter Pulse.
A slightly blocky, long barrelled modification of the standard buster. Or rather, a far older version of the buster with a few tweaks. It fires slender, needle-like rounds with a tapering point at a slower velocity than would be considered standard, but the bolts are far longer, can be controlled to some small degree in mid-flight, and can be held in place at the muzzle for a few seconds to act as a blade of sorts.
The Splinter pulse also operates on an almost archaic salvo system, with volleys of ten rounds generated and stored at a time within the buster's structure. This system only remains in place due to the Operator's laziness. Each salvo requires a short amount of time (one action) to generate, but the buster can be double loaded, causing it to fire two shots at once for a single salvo. This effect requires a few moments to prepare (again, one action), and will cause the weapon to overheat if not used sparingly. It requires two actions time for both cooldown and reloading after this effect is used.

Signature Attack: Splinter Fault. (10dmg Null x5 + Shot + Multi-hit + Break + Impact + Charge time x1)(cost:90 (60+30 nerf))(3TCD)

Description: Jayge.EXE first double loads his buster, then further compresses the rounds into far more powerful shots. This both halves the size of the salvo and the size of the bolts themselves, but makes the individual bolts hit harder than ever, and strong enough to bypass most defences. The buster is thrown into overheat for one turn immediately after the use of this attack.
I don't see anything worth mentioning (as in anything wrong~). Keep it up, I'm looking forward to what you're going to create~
Cheers :3

And any chance I can get an opinion on the Buster and Sig attack before I go entirely too far with them? I'm not too sure on them so far, to be honest, and I'd like to know if I've messed up somewhere before making it worse ^^;
The buster looks fine to me, great amount of detail.

As for the sig attack, if you really wanted it to do as much as you described it would do, you'd be using a TON of signature points, way more than you can possibly have at this level.

-If you want the bolts to linger around, you would have to give them an HP value (1 point = 1HP), and give them a damage amount (1 point = 1dmg)
-If you want the bolts to rotate around you, you have to register it as a barrier or shield, and pay for an HP value (on top of how much damage you would want it to deal), you would also have to pay for a tactical movement action to "run into" enemies, or spend another action to get close enough.
-If you want the enemy to be stunned long enough for each bolt to hit, you would have to pay for a stun effect for each hit

The sig itself isn't bad, but it is WAY too expensive for you to make at your level, and with so little sig points. I would try something simpler, like firing 10 bolts at a target for 9 damage each, rapid-fire style.

[Example:] Signature Attack: Splinter Fault. (9dmg Null x10 + Slashing + Multi-hit + Charge Time x1)(cost: 90 (60+30 nerf))(3 TCD)

Description: Jayge.EXE loads 9 bolts into his Splinter Pulse buster, and fires them at one target in rapid succession.
Ah, I'd figured as much. A shame, but I'll keep this in mind for possible future use :3

As for present times, how about

Signature attack: Splinter Fault. (10dmg Null x5 + Shot + Multi-hit + Break + Impact + Charge time x1)(cost:90 (60+30 nerf))(3TCD)

Description: Jayge.EXE first double loads his buster, then further compresses the rounds into far more powerful shots. This both halves the size of the salvo and the size of the bolts themselves, but makes the individual bolts hit harder than ever, and strong enough to bypass most defences. The buster is thrown into overheat for one turn immediately after the use of this attack.

Just trying out a different angle, so to speak, I'll elaborate a little more if this works out ^^;
Alright, just fix the cooldown to 3 turns, and please choose one of the following:
HP+50, Shield, Set Sand, Set Lava, Set Ice, Set Sea, Set Grass, Set Metal, Set Magnet, Set Glass, or ResetStage.
Done, edited and such.

And I'll go for the shield, extra defence never hurt anybody.
Looks good. Please put your NetOp and Navi in the respective database threads, and put your Netop and Navi's stats in your signature. Good luck, have fun, don't get eaten by Metools.

Approved.

GET CHIP: Shotgun, Cannon, Rageclaw
GET NCP: Undershirt, Shield
GET SUBCHIP: MiniEnergyPack x2
Cheers and will do :3

I'll take care of everything in the morning, seeya'll tomorrow.