Subtypes?

And, another suggestion from me:

This works almost exactly the opposite of my suggestion for Wind, in just about every way (and it's balanced).

Quote ()

Break

Pros:

- Base HP set at 125.

- Gains +25 HP per HP Memory instead of +20.

- Charged shot can pierce all defenses, causing 1/2 damage. If there are no such defenses, the shot deals full damage.

- Can smash obstacles, traps, defenses, and terrain with the right skills and a good RP post. (Mass destruction anyone?)

Cons:

- Recovers 3/4 (-25%) the normal amount from chips and sigatks. Subchips heal Break types for the normal amount.

- Barriers have 1/2 the usual HP and Auras are 1/2 as powerful.

- Charged shots are less accurate than other types.

- Dodges are less effective.

Quote (PaladinGC)

And, another suggestion from me:

This works almost exactly the opposite of my suggestion for Wind, in just about every way (and it's balanced).

Quote ()

Break

Pros:

- Base HP set at 125.

- Gains +25 HP per HP Memory instead of +20.

- Charged shot can pierce all defenses, causing 1/2 damage. If there are no such defenses, the shot deals full damage.

- Can smash obstacles, traps, defenses, and terrain with the right skills and a good RP post. (Mass destruction anyone?)

Cons:

- Recovers 3/4 (-25%) the normal amount from chips and sigatks. Subchips heal Break types for the normal amount.

- Barriers have 1/2 the usual HP and Auras are 1/2 as powerful.

- Charged shots are less accurate than other types.

- Dodges are less effective.

Sounds good.

I think the Wind's Con is pushing it a bit-too-much. How about having 85 Base Hp so they can get 100 after the first HP upgrade? or just 80~
I did it by %.

- 25% ALL HP for Wind / + Evasion for Wind

+ 25% ALL HP for Break / - Evasion for Break

Flight + Accuacy / Crash for Wind

Break Attack + Break Shot / - Accuracy for Break

Trust me, it's very fair.
Personally, I don't see the reasoning behind Wind types gaining boosted accuracy; I don't think grace and being a good shot fall totally hand in hand.

It should be noted that this accuracy buff clause applies to -all- chips, whereareas Cursor only receives a boost to the one category of chips. This kind of undermines it's role.
Actually... they kinda do.

Being a good shot requires a great deal of motor control.
Graceful movement requires a great deal of motor control.
Weilding certain kinds of swords in a masterful manner requires a great deal of motor control.

What do all 3 have in common?

Accuracy is based on Dexterity. Dexterity quite literally IS motor controll.

Wind gets a small general boost at best.

Sword gets a moderate to huge specilized boost, and mad skills because of it.

Cursor gets a moderate to huge specialized boost, and mad skills because of it.

That's pretty much why it is the way it is.

Quote (PaladinGC)

I did it by %.

I still think its bad for break to be less accurate on the attack that basically defines the type... you also forgot to add the heal penalty break has. I'd rather have that than less accurate charge.

Other than that it does seem reasonable.

EDIT: Ah, wait forgot they can also shrug off stuns... I still think they should have a different drawback instead of accuracy loss.

Quote (Knight)

Quote (PaladinGC)

I did it by %.

I still think its bad for break to be less accurate on the attack that basically defines the type... you also forgot to add the heal penalty break has. I'd rather have that than less accurate charge.

Other than that it does seem reasonable.

Well, I thought that too at first, but then I thought over it; if a break type is using his charged buster, it likely means he wishes to break something, right? If he's hoping to break something, it's likely the enemy's using a barrier, shield, or something else where they wouldn't be dodging in the first place. It's not convenient for an opponent to use a turn to both raise a shield and dodge in most cases.
You do have a point, but I think if I'd pump my charge up to use the charge attack effectively, I'm sure as hell I'd use it. I mean, I have an attack that deals 100 dmg to a foe that is not guarding. As things stand, break is possibly the only type that uses charge attack anyway, (with the exception of recovery who use charge to heal) and yet they are the only one that have bad accuracy with it.
Well see, it will take forever to pump your charge attack up, and even then your charged buster is only good in certain cases. The reason I say this is that it takes 3 turns to charge; if you're not using it for the break effect, you'd be better off just spamming chips during that time for more damage anyways.
Thats what I'm saying. Break is possibly the only class that needs to pump charge attack (and recov, maybe), yet, they are the only class that get less accuracy on it.