Break type

I'd rather not mess with Wind. It works just fine as is, just as Sword and Cursor do. It's not broken, so don't fix it.

Invis should probably focus on Throwing Weapons (shuriken if you will), Traps, and Sneak Attacks. Go for an Assassin theme.

Unlike other types, Invis would be much more accurate and do a bit more damage with throwing weapons, like Boomerang, Yo-Yo, Zap Ring, and so on. Shuriken if you will.

They'd also specialize in Traps, giving them more damage or a wider effect area or something along those lines... But also giving them a "Trap Dodge" ability, much like Anti-Damage, when they expend actions to dodge. Whether or not they take damage when they substitute-out or activate their dodge-trap depends on RP quality. Damage from such a counter-attack would probably be equivalent to a Rapid or Charged Shot.

Finally, sneak attacks. Good RP quality could allow for high accuracy attacks immediately after some RP mis-derection, confusion, and stealth tactics. The confused opponent is simply left wide-open for an attack. While other types can do this too, Invis just has a better base chance of pulling it off. No, this wont always work, but... Yes, this is possible. Be creative.

As you can see, I just made Invis so it's NOT about increased evasion, but about ninja'd strategy and RP: Traps and Trap'd dodge. You don't need to mess with the other types to make this work.

Quote (Heat Sonata)

Uh... we'd probably need some sort of a drawback on plus types as well, considering that otherwise, people are just going to choose it over N/A since there's no drawback.

a turn to load the chip+ a turn to absorb points....

also...

round one:

1) absorb 75 points from sword...
2-3) dodge

round 2:

1)battlechip sunshine(50 dmg to all)((i think not sure))
supremove!!!(sunshine+75from pool)
new attack 135dmg to all

obiously(if there isin't currently) we need a limit, like 25% that you can't absorbe more than...
Please don't limit certain effects to certain types. XD I can just see a lot of people being forced onto a straight-and-narrow path with the way they did the signature attacks if that happened...

Besides that, I don't think Invis makes since as a subtype if you don't make it dodging basic. I never thought of Invis as solely Ninjas and Assasins, I thought it could be anything capable of being invisible: let's change it to the Ninja subtype if we're doing that. >.>

I'd love to think about this more, but I gotta go.
I kinda agree with you, but I'd rather they didn't break what we already have to make something else work. That's where I'm coming from on this idea... Eh.

Quote (Goroke)

Quote (Kazuhiro)

Quote (Savage King)

an Invis type would be Shadowman.

Yes. Shadowman had Kiwarimi, yes? And he could sort of teleport with those swords of his.

Wind would become more about accuracy, and Invis would become about dodges.

Plus types would have some drawback that has nothing to do with accuracy, I think. Maybe reduced HP, weakened busters, or the half heal that Break types had at first.

...I'm getting a slight chill in my back...I'm afraid there could be massive ninja navis everywhere because of invis o_o;;

Or~ That's just my paranoia running in my mind^^
------
Sorta like G.U., which is everything for Eon >_>;;, he is going for the "Adept Rogue" job in the game, which allows you to have all types of jobs in one character disposal, but it's weaker if it's fighting the same type with same level (EX: Spear job Lv10 > Adept Rogue Spear job Lv10)

There should be limited sigatk damage and status effect at least...Too much downgrading would be...well...unfair. (Even though you guys are trying your best to balance it out)

Ey, it isn't everything.

It's just a large part. I find the Multi-weapon system in the game interesting.

What if break types would be a "melee" type like sword, but had a ranged shockwave for charged attack? Basically, they'd have bad accuracy on every ranged attack, making them more versatile than sword, but with less overall power. That would explain the easier to dodge charge attack, but only from a distance, as shockwaves travel slow.
Alright, this has gone on long enough.

We've got ideas juggling around in the Mod-Cave, but in the end it's the members that decide what happens around here, I think.

So--Subtypes.

What do you guys feel should be done? I think most of the discontent is directed at how weak Break is compared to others, especially Wind.

Nerf? Buff? Post ideas. A poll with the suggestions will be put up soon.
Feel free to nerf the buster for Wind Types. x2 instead of x4.

Grounded and Stunned are separate cons, because falling means Fall Damage, and stunned means unable to act. Double trouble.

Note: I'm suggesting this and MY Navi is a Wind Type.
I think that Break should have a buffed Charge shot and that the system for HP increase should improve for them. Perhaps 120 base HP and +5 HP per level, seeing as levels come slower now.

Perhaps Wind could have a buffed Rapid shot in exchange for 15 HP per HPmem, and maybe 80 base HP, or something.
I agree with Kazu, in addition to my edits.