Battle Chip Mechanics R&D

Yep, that's all. But it looks like people have already started asking for more...

I had to create the chips for Splash, that's why only splash chips are listed. The other types already exist, so it wasn't necessary to list them.
Ummm...if i may make a suggestion?(and keep in mind that i have no real clue how the system works...)

like sig attacks, give the chips a power rateing (sig1, sig 2, ect) and put a base damage on the attacks... lets say 40 for your most basic chip(cannon) aand add some things that would change it...

lets say the effect 'ground' subtracts ten points to the overall score(creating shockwave), overall the attack would do the same damage, but be worth more...thus putting it into a new rareity level(mabey)...

now lets look at another example...

starting with cannon again, lets add the feature 'meele only'.because you can only use it infront of you, you can double the attack points brining it up to 80dmg...

but this actually takes away from what it does, so the new cost is 80 points, but it actually isn't as useful, so we add half the damage added or, 80 - (40/2) = 100 as the new point cost... (creating sword)

each upgrade(or downgrade, as with the sword) has it's own point value...

ground: -10 points
melee only:+(50% of added damage)

and this even adds to status effects

stun: +10
paralize: +20

this even goes into player made chips and status effects...

fear: +15 points

if anyone remembered void, his sig attack used a fear status, which was a paralize you could fight... so it's worth slightly less than a real paralize...

as for the sig attack...

fear * 3 turns = 45 = n
to all = n * 2

over all cost = 90 points

cooldown = 90(overall)/ 20(rounded up)

5 turns, which is what the mods agreeded to...

a little complex, but works...

you just need a 'toolbox' of the different parts
An interesting idea...
I think.

Explain. Dumb it down for me.
that was about as easy as it gets...

basically, each level of chip automatically gives you so much damage, lets say 40 for weakest to 400 for strongest...

then you can 'buy' advantages(stun, break, splash) by subtracting from the damage it does(splash
-10 damage for each extra panel)...

or you could get more damage by adding disadvantages(ground, meele only, damage to self) that would make the chip harder to use...

an example is heatshot/shotgun...

if I remember correctly heatshot(40 dmg + slash + fire) and shotgun(50 dmg + splash) are very simmiler. if you break down thier advantages, you get...

heatshot

damage = 40
splash(one tile) = -10
fire element = -10
total points = 60

shotgun

damage = 50
splash(one tile) = -10
total points = 60

therefore they are of simmialar rank and value, bacause thier base points are the same...

also, if this system is adopted, a list of advantages and disadvanteges could be created and players(as opposed to mods) could create chips and virii useing the preset 'parts'. and the total points that go into the chips would define thier rank and value, as well if they are over powered...

for more on this system, look for the 'GURPS'(General Universal RolePlaying System) as this idea is based on them...
I see the logic, but wouldn't it be kind of HAX to add a stun and a blind effect to a countbomb for the subtraction of 40 or so damage?

Quote (P.A. Master)

I see the logic, but wouldn't it be kind of HAX to add a stun and a blind effect to a countbomb for the subtraction of 40 or so damage?

It would still need a mods rubber stamp apporval...

plus(looks up count bomb)...

count bomb is already...

damage =100
delay * 2 =+50(25 * 2)
total damage =150
total value =150

and with the added effects...

damage =100
delay * 2 =+50(25 * 2)
stun =-10
blind =-25
total damage =115
total value =185

... would put it several levels higher on the rareity and cost list

plus I forgot that the GURPS system has a rule that you can only add so many(1/2 - 1/5(depending on rareity) of base damage) points in disadvanteges. and since count bomb already has 50 points(1/2 of base damage) It wouldn't be able to add anymore advanteges/disadvantages...

Quote ()

the GURPS system

Heh heh, knew that looked familiar. The point-balance system for attack damages and effects.

The mods use something like it for comparing Sig Attacks and balancing them out with cool-down, though it breaks down a bit once you hit remainders... Then again, that's covered by adding effects or modifying damage appropriately.

As for chips, I use whatever system the game runs on as a base-line. Then I start looking for chips we have in the game. Once I've got those, I look for their various MMBN versions. I compare them all, giving weight to what we're using over the rest... THEN I make or convert a new chip to the system we're using with that data as a basic guideline for relative power levels versus rarity. That's how I made or converted the chips you see above.

Though, I have to admit, Big Wave is just broken. 190 Damage, Line Attack style Piercing, uber-fast attack speed, and cracks or breaks panels, all at once? That's just absurd. Any Navi with a chip like that could totally wreck this RP, unless the target had a way to break panels before the wave reached them. Keep in mind... Capcom made that monster, not I. I'm looking for a way to tone it down considerably... If I don't find it, I'll simply erase it and ignore the chips altogether.
Paladin, just present your ideas in the Mod-Cave and we'll work on integrating them into the chip lists. Vactrox, sorry, but for now we're not trying to fix things that aren't broken.
Don't worry, I will. This was put here before I had access to the cave.
meh...

i knew you weren't going to change, I was just bored and felt like wasteing a half an hour...

...serously, I'm not being sarcastic...