Coastal Paths

The first brief clip from the dragon threw her off balance for only a moment as her body responded to it with a burst of static, but as its second charge slammed into her, Lyntael staggered backwards, winded, and dropped to a knee for a brief moment. Not fast enough. Her defences might have stopped the virus from doing true harm to her, at least at a level she knew Rogan would see, but the impact still hurt and robbed her of breath for a moment or two. As she shook out the feeling, wincing, and pushed herself back into a more natural stance the girl focused on the water dragon as best she could; her limbs still felt fuzzy and slightly numbed from the previous expenditures but it was something she could push through for now.

Moving in closer, she stayed light on her feet, toes splashing lightly at the edge of the water as she wove around its movements, looking for the best opportunity to quell the threat properly. Her first weaving motion came with another burst of static from her body, fanning into the air all around her as her ever-building charge fought to balance itself, but Lyntael did her best to focus on her foe rather than pay attention to it. Amidst the sparks she took what clean opportunities she could find in the form of quick jabs and follow through strikes, leading into more fully committed kicks when she found an opening. She'd already connected a couple of solid strikes; hopefully one or two more would be enough.

Her focus turned back towards the Walrus virus in its muddy mess and, inwardly, Lyntael suppressed the urge to sigh. Oh well, it wasn't as though she wasn't already at a perfect place to wash off again if need be. It couldn't really do her any harm, at this point; she could probably just drive it off... but it really did seem to just be a basic destructive program, attacking things like it was made to. If she sent it away that would just mean it would end up attacking someone else. The girl did sigh this time and set her shoulders, her expression focused, before a final burst of sparks crackled off her form and she raced forward to close the distance.

As she dashed, Lyntael lifted one hand ahead of her, recalling the circling shell of winds ahead of her to batter away any last-moment teeth it might shoot while the still-clinging wreath of electricity about her form diffused and obscured her body from sight. Her charge was already swelling to burst inside her, eager for more release as she crossed the distance and took her first steps into the slippery mud; her focus was on the fight, and getting it done with, rather than being careful and she barely took the time to dart around to one side of the virus, then back behind it before springing to deliver a pair of vicious kicks in its direction. Power flowed as she moved, a barely notable distortion in the air, before the twin bursts of flaring electricity exploded from each of her ankle strikers in turn, draining away the built up charge in a rush that left behind the familiar hollow void in her chest.

She landed poorly, one foot slipping in the mud as she came down, wobbled and fell with an undignified splatter. At least no-one could see her. The void of charge stole her breath and left her numb for a moment before the beat of energy answered and began roaring back with renewed fervour. Lyntael could feel her muscles starting to burn with the repeated expenditures, as she got hands underneath herself and started trying to stand; with any luck, if the numb, distorted feeling in her limbs hadn't been too much to overcome, she hoped that would at least be the end of it for now.

Summary
L*) Knock Back effects are Double Strength, and attacks with them gain Wind type
L1) My Fear Swells, but I hold tight (Dodge, 20Elec Nova2, Knockback, Charge-Burner) (Overcharge +1)
L2) Basic Buster Strike (30 x 5hits, Disarm, A Off-Target2 → C) (to WaterDragon)
L3) My Faith Can Heal, with time for laughter (Buster Charge, Feint, Movement, 10Elec Nova2, Knockback, Self-Slow (1 Rank, 1 round)) (Overcharge -2)
L*) Refreshing Turbulence: Frontal Deflection against shot or lobbed (hands free, layer 5)
L*) Fast Armour: 20Hp Casing Refresh
L4) My Vision Alters, yet I see through (Buster Charge, Dodge, Invisibility (1 Target, 1 Round), Off-Target (1 Rank, 1 Round)) (Overcharge -2)
L5) Half-Charge Strike (300Elec, Disarm, A Off-Target2 → C) (Overcharge +4) (to Walland)
L6) Half-Charge Strike (300Elec, Disarm, A Off-Target2 → C) (Overcharge +4) (to Walland)

Cooldowns and Overcharge
My Pain is Real, it lingers after (1TCD)
My Fear Swells, but I hold tight (3TCD)
My Vision Alters, yet I see through (3TCD)
My Faith Can Heal, with time for laughter (3TCD)
My Heart Falters, yet beats anew (2TCD)
My Fear Rejected, with hopeful stride (2TCD)
My Thoughts collected, no more to hide (2TCD)
A Manifest Spirit, and eyes that dance (1TCD)
A Loving Heart, and a second chance (1TCD)

Overcharge: Begin: +1, My Pain is Real (+1 per counter Triggered), Me fear Swells (+1), My Faith Can Heal (-2), My Vision Alters (-2), Half-charge Strike x2 (+4, +4) End: +8
The virus was quick to see Lyntael moving, and even quicker to slip itself into the pot as electricity weaved it's way across the area, with no damage being done to the dragon itself as the pot managed to take the brunt of the attack. But, it was unable to stay in there long enough as it poked itself out...and wound up getting not only a fist to the face, but in it's daze upon the first and a second just missing the side of it's head, the third onwards would manage to connect against it, the dragon laying dead at her feet before long.

Of course, the bubble would nearly touch the dancer as an errant burst of wind would move it away from her from the front, sending it flying towards the last applicable virus...and unfortunately for her, the good luck she had wouldn't carry on as it popped far beyond the Walland and, with it, the last virus would let out an inaudiable groan as it made the attempt to attack Lyntael, as she moved forwards towards it...and unfortunately, the fang directed at her completely went wide, not even hitting into her turbulant defense. It was at that moment she disappeared into thin air, the Walland quickly looking back and forth in panic, it knew full well she was coming at it...but where...which direction?! Well, that would be solved PAINFULLY clearly, as a burst of electricity caught it in the chest without even wavering in it's aim, the virus quick to be turned to a charred husk of it's former self. The battle had ended and with it, Rogan's PET would quickly format the junk data left behind for both zenny and bugfrags...though, that WaterDragon jar still stood the test of time, some good chip data to be had from that at least?

-- Viruses --
WaterDragon2WaterDragon2 (WaterDragon)

This high tier virus is only encountered after battle 5. A PotDragon's pot is stationary during battle, as it remains above the panel the virus appeared on until battle is over or the virus is deleted, and will not fall even if the panel below it should be destroyed. PotDragons have two main attacks, each geared towards either ground or aerial targets. When executed, the pot tilts or falls over, and the dragon charges at the enemy before looping back and returning to the pot. When threatened, they will duck into the pot, which is both indestructible and capable of shielding them from all damage and effects except those that manage to fly into the mouth of the pot. Even Beam Attacks and Blast damage won't leave a mark.

Area: Beach, Sharo

HP: 250
Primary Attack Damage/Effect: 90 Aqua + Ground Attack + Medium Area Sea Terrain Change + Terrain Changer
Primary Attack Accuracy: C
Primary Attack Description: Charges from its pot at high speed to attack ground-based enemies whilst leaving a trail of Sea in its wake.
Secondary Attack Damage/Effect: 90 Aqua + Impact + Group Attack (Arc)
Secondary Attack Accuracy: C
Secondary Attack Description: Flies from its pot at high speed to attack airborne enemies.
Tertiary Attack Damage/Effect: Invulnerability to Non-Drop Attacks/attacks from above.
Tertiary Attack Accuracy: S
Tertiary Attack Description: PotDragons hide in their pots instead of dodging. Doing this protects them from attacks from every direction but up, which is where the opening of the pot is.
Element: Aqua
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): AquaDragon2, Zenny
: RIGHT IN THE KISSER
Buffy-A EXBuffy-A EX (Puffy-A)

Area: Yoka, Beach, Sharo

HP: 250
Attack Damage/Effect: 40 Aqua + Spread(8) + Homing + Ground Attack
Attack Accuracy: C
Attack Description: Fires a 40 HP bouncing bubble which explodes after hitting an object or enemy or being destroyed.
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): Spreader2, BubbleSpreader2 (Rare), Zenny
Special: Immobile.
: BZZZZZZZT
Shellnerd EXShellnerd EX (ShellGeek)

Shellgeeks alternate actions between attacking and guarding. These are the only actions Shellgeeks may perform, and the first action of every battle is always guarding. Shellgeeks will not break from this pattern unless forced to by status effects. The secondary attack of Shellgeeks can be used to grant an ally of this virus a free movement, or even to knock an ally out of the path of an oncoming attack.

Area: Yoka, Sharo, Beach, Okuden Valley

HP: 160
Primary Attack Damage/Effects: 25 Null x 2 Spears
Primary Attack Accuracy: B
Primary Attack Description: Fires two spears at one target.
Secondary Attack Damage/Effects: 50 Null
Secondary Attack Accuracy: B
Secondary Attack Description: Fires a star tipped arrow. Can be used on an ally to move them. Causes no damage to allies.
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): TripleNeedle, StarArrow2 (Rare), Zenny
Special: Attacks every other action. IronBody when not attacking.
: DOUBLE KILL!
ShellnerdShellnerd (ShellGeek)

Shellgeeks alternate actions between attacking and guarding. These are the only actions Shellgeeks may perform, and the first action of every battle is always guarding. Shellgeeks will not break from this pattern unless forced to by status effects. The secondary attack of Shellgeeks can be used to grant an ally of this virus a free movement, or even to knock an ally out of the path of an oncoming attack.

HP: 140
Primary Attack Damage/Effects: 20 Null x 2 Spears
Secondary Attack Damage/Effects: 40 Null
Secondary Attack Description: Fires a star tipped arrow. Can be used on an ally to move them. Causes no damage to allies.
: DOUBLE KILL!
WallandWalland (Walla)

TwinFangs can actually block attacks. This is very useful to the Walla, as they do not move or dodge once battle begins.

Attack Damage/Effect: 60 Null x 2 Targets
Attack Accuracy: A
Attack Description: Opens mouth to launch a pair of steel spikes at the enemy. The spikes can block or deflect incoming attacks, and they cannot strike the same target twice.
Element: None
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): TwinFang2, Zenny
: ZAP crackle crackle

-- Navis --
Lyntael.EXE: 345 HP (Charge1)(Casing20)(Counter(on-hit):10Elec Nova2+knockback at the start of next turn)(Off-Target2, 1 turn)(Homing bubble coming in, bouncing in from Lyntael's left) (Grass) (Next to the potdragon)

-- Terrain --
20% Mud
  • Non-Wood Elementals get -10% Evasion penalty and reduced movement speed, 25% (+/-25% RP) chance to fall or get stuck (1 action to get free).
  • Automatically triggers Aqua Boost for appropriate chip attacks.
  • Wood attacks: Change terrain hit to Soil.
  • PanelShot: Imbue Wood + Slow1.
(Spilled to the North and South areas of the sandy beach strip)
20% Grass
  • Wood Elementals get +5 HP/action.
  • Fire attacks: +100% Source Damage, change terrain hit to Soil.
  • PanelShot: Imbue Wood.
(Scattered about the muddy patches)
60% Sea
  • Fire Elementals lose 10 HP/action standing, 20 HP/action submerged. Other Non-Aqua Elementals lose 5 HP/action submerged. Nullified for Aqua Elementals.
  • Ice attacks: 50% Freeze1 chance, Changes terrain hit to Ice.
  • Terrain changes between Sea and Onsen do not inflict damage upon submerged entities, nor do they eject submerged entities to the surface.
  • Elec attacks: +100% Source Damage.
  • PanelShot: Imbue Aqua.
(Western strip of the area, rolling along the beach and mud, as well as a large, wide swath of sea from the WaterDragon's attack)

battle 6 WIN!
7200z, 25 bugfrags, AquaDragon2Damage: 150 + Ground Attack + Medium Area Sea Terrain Change + Terrain Changer
Accuracy: C
Description: Summons a WaterDragon that attacks enemies as it glides across the ground. Changes terrain to Sea as it passes.
Duration: Once
Special: Terrain Changer: Ceases attacking when the Terrain Change effect is completed (once 25% of the terrain is changed).
Trader Rank: C
As she pushed herself up in the mud, Lyntael glanced around to find no more foes. Good. A rippling tingle filtered across her body as the visual distortion faded from around her and with it another brief burst of distorted numbness that saw one hand and one knee slip in different directions again. With a soft groan, Lyntael let it happen and resigned herself to rolling over onto her back in the mud and staring up at the sky as she caught her breath. Her body pulsed softly, stabilising itself with minor waves of sparks one after the other, every few moments, as she calmed down and listened to the beat of her heart swiftly returning to normal.

“Majestic...” Rogan's voice was wry and Lyntael closed her eyes, taking a long, slow breath and blowing it out again.
“Oh, hush...” To his credit, he did. After another moment or two, the girl shifted, picking herself up more gingerly now that full feeling had returned to her extremities. She looked down at herself as she picked her way out of the mud patch and frowned, then cast her eyes back cross the beach area towards the sea. It wasn't quite as picturesque or carefully well maintained a beach front as most of the beaches she'd seen in the every day networks where navis were more frequent, but water was water, and on the bright side no-one was likely to be around here.

She made her way to the edge of the tide and waded out until she was almost up to her chest in the water; a small shiver made her skin goosebump and the fine hairs stand up across her body as the water rose around her and she felt herself grin at the sensation for a moment before it passed. After another wading step or two she dived forward, submerging herself properly and running fingers through her hair to make sure there was no lingering mud or dirt in it, first of all. When she surfaced again, Lyntael stretched for a few more seconds, then scoped the length of the beach that she could see in both directions one more time just to be sure. All clear.

It only took a moment to unfasten her skirt and vest and whisk her underwear off so she could clean them quickly, crouching just enough so that only her shoulders were above the water line as she began to work the mud out of the soiled garments. Rogan cleared his throat, and the sound made her jump as it emanated, as it usually did, just above and behind her shoulder. Despite herself, she felt her shoulders hunch in slightly, trying to cover herself a little more before relaxing again.

“What? I'm not going to wander around caked in mud if I don't have to. No-one's looking.”
“I was more concerned about the danger of the network you're in, Lyntael. It's not an ideal place to be lowering your guard.” Her fingertips returned to carefully rubbing and washing as she nodded.
“I know. It'll be fine. You can keep watch if you'd like... Then I don't have to berate you not to peek.” She allowed herself a small smirk, though there was a hint of it that was still disappointed in a way she didn't want to acknowledge.
“And here I was thinking you were doing this just to tease me again, Lyntael.” There was a hint of a chuckle in the words and Lyntael made herself meet it with a small laugh of her own. Hopefully it didn't sound too forced.
“No, I'm just... I don't know if you've ever noticed, Rogan, but I seem to have impossibly bad luck with my clothing and outfits. I feel like I could count on one hand the number of times I've gone to meet friends, or taken a mission, and not had some kind of embarrassing wardrobe malfunction.”
“I... had, noticed, yes.”
“It's almost like I'm a character in some dubious late night anime.” Here she shook her head with a smirk.
“I had a less charitable thought about it, if I am honest, Lyntael.” Rogan sounded hesitant and she stopped cleaning and looked up, even though she didn't have anyone in particular to look towards.
“Hmm?”
“No, it's not important. It's not a recrimination I want to give voice to any more. I misspoke.” Lyntael found herself frowning; he was hiding it, but there was a thread of wretchedness behind his voice.
“You think... Eric, um, made me this way?”
“No. No I don't, Lyntael.” Rogan's response was swift and firm. “Eric loves you, dearly. You mean the world to him, and I cannot fathom that he would ever allow something like that to slip into the work he did. It was an uncharitable thought, nothing more.”
“...Even if the first undergarments I ever owned were lacy and see-through in a really compromising way.” She felt her own cheeks pink brightly with heat as she made the comment. Rogan didn't answer and Lyntael felt her grin fade swiftly. Maybe that was a little unfair, Rogan was still hurting since their falling out – over her no less – even if he wasn't showing it.

She worked in silence for a few more moments, wondering to herself how this much mud and stain had managed to appear in such a brief slip. The water was surprisingly nice, and the temptation just to go for a swim lingered in the back of her mind, even if she knew they had other things to focus on. The sun felt warm on her shoulders.

“You were interrupted before, Lyntael... you were telling me what you had been reading about these Cybeast programs, and the net war.” An eager change of subject that she could get behind. Lyntael nodded as she rinsed her clothes and checked them for any lingering stains.

“It's mostly just theories, so far. People putting together what bits and pieces of recorded data that others share or post, and no real way to fact check any of it officially.” She shrugged, then pushed on. “There were originally two, at least, as our history records it. There are a bunch of people who dispute that. At first they were sealed, or contained, but when whatever was keeping them quarantined broke, they destroyed a lot of the net of their time. They were taken down, eventually, but then, years later, new beasts started to be seen – like the old ones from history, but different. There were four of them, this time, but again, there are a whole bunch of people who disagree, or who theorise that there were more than the ones officially recorded.” As she spoke, Lyntael turned her vest about one last time then, satisfied, hooked one shoulder strap around her wrist and turned her focus to her skirt.

“The first pair were, supposedly, opposed forces in many ways. It was less than half a century ago, but the actual verified information is remarkably thin, considering. I think that's what led a lot of people to think that there's more going on there, and that information has been covered up or hidden. The next four were also all opposed to each other, in various ways, and they converted whole areas of the net into their lairs, with their influence on the surrounding data structures spreading far pas the locales that they mainly frequented, or so the information goes.”

“That mostly fits the basics of what I've heard, Lyntael. I confess, I've not paid much attention to it, but it's not surprising that conspiracy theorists have much to say about major events like that. You mentioned a change. I was under the impression that the most recent four were all destroyed during the events surrounding the net war, then restored later.” If anything, Rogan sounded relieved to be engaged on a safer topic. Lyntael took the opportunity to try and clean her own body of any lingering mud as subtly as she could.

“Um, Yeah. That's where it gets interesting, though. The were deleted, that much we can confirm, no arguments. But they also were suspected to have created some generative effect at the same time, and no-one knows what that was even about. There were brief sightings of smaller versions of each of the four in many different places, all over the net. They stopped shortly afterwards, and then... Then over time, the four began to reappear in their old lairs and dens... or, well, it's fuzzy.”

“If they reappeared, wouldn't the sensible thing be to assume that someone, somewhere had a copy of the programs, or their original source code, and simply released it again?”

“Maybe, but... this might sound silly to you, Rogan, but it's not that easy, I don't think. They're programs, yes, but... but not in the way you normally think of a regular piece of static code.” There was a silence on the other side of the line that Lyntael could practically feel the tired expression of her operator through.

“I have recently come to accept that a great deal of the computer science field that I interact with on one level is plagued with talk and language that is distinctly unscientific, and frequently not really related to computers, on another level, Lyntael.” Something sharp and reactive made Lyntael grit her teeth.

“You couldn't just make a data copy of me, Rogan. It wouldn't be the same.” Again, silence, but this time it was a wince she could feel him suppress.

“That was cruel, Lyntael.”
“I... I'm sorry, Rogan.” There was a moment of silence while she sought for something to say before she heard him sigh.

“But, you are correct. I am... still getting used to dealing with that reality. So. These beasts re-emerged, or maybe did; last I had heard, the network zones demarcated as their lairs were still marked as such, and they are each considered to still be threats. So, they were reconstituted in some fashion. It sounds as though you were reading something more interesting than that.”

“Y-yeah...” She stared at the water for an extra second or two, unable to really see her reflection clearly over the chop of the ocean water. Absently, she pulled her vest on, pulling it up over her shoulders. The catches could wait until she got out of the water.

“Actual reports of their state are hard to get; humans can't just scan the spaces without a navi there to be their eyes and ears, and that's dangerous. Things seem to get distorted as well, and there are risks – most won't go near the places, because there's a chance that their emergency might be one of the things distorted or compromised... but... the few who have ventured into their lairs, found them to be like their old forms, but.. also... not quite. Different, but no-one's really sure how. I was reading one account that said—” Sudden movement at the peripheral of her vision made Lyntael start up, looking about.

“Rogan! I said warn me!”
“Err... sorry! There's, ah... Incoming?”
“Little late...” A sense of mild panic and embarrassment was rapidly bringing a fresh blush of pink to her cheeks as her heart leapt to a more rapid pace. She planted her feet properly on the sandy bottom and stood up fully, her upper torso out of the water, vest clinging wet to her skin, though mercifully closed enough to cover her as she turned about looking for the source of the movement.

((Battle Ready ^.^))
cleaning herself up at, waist-ish deep in the sea as a quartet of viruses took an unfortunate tumble from above. A massive Walland fell off towards her left and with it's landing, sending mud flying into the air in all directions (thankfully missing the electrifying dancer) as it began to shake off the mud from it's body. This would lead to a SuperKettle in a darker copper colorization landing hard into the sea near Lyn with a large splash, though this creature shook off it's stun realitively quickly, the Kettle would quickly begin to absorb the seawater around it...normally a bad idea, but virus physiology and whatnot would make sure it would be fine, as well as lower the general water level up to the beach, letting the sand begin to take over the majority of the immediate area.

Whilst it rumbled contently, a familiar looking clamshell would land right in the area, with a splash of wet sand in the general area, the Shellnerd emerged from it's shell briefly before clamming up at the sight of the electrical dancer. And finally, swimming up on her right, a large purple colored Phiranha would begin to threaten Lyn with a quick spit and launch of a tri-tipped spear at her, landing in the water next to her as a warning. It was clear she wasn't going to get away with words this time, battle routines would flare up...but not before a small blue diamond would peak out from a bit behind the Shellnerd, rotating slowly near the rock and mudwall that went alongside the beach.

-- Viruses --
Piranha2 EXPiranha2 EX (Piranha)

Piranha viruses work as a hive-mind. They all move at the same time, attempt to detect targets at the same time, and once a targets is detected by any of them, they all attack that one target at the same time. Moving and searching for targets takes one action. Attacking takes another. Any Piranha just recovering from a status effect that prevents normal operation will resume acting in unison with the rest of the group.

Area: Yoka, Dentech, Beach

HP: 150
Attack Damage/Effect: 20 Aqua x 3 Shots
Attack Accuracy: B
Attack Description: Locks on and fires 3 tridents.
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): TriSpear, TrainArrow2, Zenny
Special: Floating. When multiple Piranha virii are on the field at once, they attack one target as a group.
: 150 HP (sea) (Flanking Lyn from her right, a little angry from the lack of sea)
SuperKettle EXSuperKettle EX (Kettle)

Kettle do not attack unless and until they are attacked. This behavior does not count as a Counter or a Trap. It's simply what they do. Moving and dodging require actions, while retaliating against attacks does not. All Kettle have passive Regen. When this virus is attacked with non-Fire Damage below its max HP, it will boil over to attack nearby enemies with Aqua Damage equal to the damage taken. This effect does not damage allies. If the damage is greater than or equal to its current HP, the virus is also deleted after the counter attack. If not, the Kettle will regenerate a portion of its HP and continue on as normal. When this virus is attacked with Fire Damage, it will boil over to attack nearby allies dealing exactly its max HP in Aqua Damage. This effect will not damage enemies. The virus is automatically deleted after boiling over in this case.

Area: Netopia, Beach

HP: 160 Degrees
Attack Damage/Effect: Variable Damage Aqua (Max 160) + Nova4
Attack Description: Boils over and releases geyser explosion when attacked. Boil-over damage never exceeds the virus' max HP. See Notes for more details.
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): LittleBoiler2, Zenny
Special: Regen(80): Passively recovers 80 HP every action.
: 160 HP (Sea) (Full and happy from absorbing the seawater, roughly a feint away to the left of Lyntael)
WallandWalland (Walla)

TwinFangs can actually block attacks. This is very useful to the Walla, as they do not move or dodge once battle begins.

Attack Description: Opens mouth to launch a pair of steel spikes at the enemy. The spikes can block or deflect incoming attacks, and they cannot strike the same target twice.
: 160 HP (Sand) (Where the mud was at, roughly towards the Front-Left of Lyntael, roughly a 8 or 9-o-clock spot)

: 140 HP (Sand) (Right in front of Lyn, menacing her)

-- Navis --
Lyntael.EXE: 345 HP (Sea) (Roughly in the "front" half of the field near the beachline)

-- Terrain -- (The area is mainly Sand, with the "back" part of the field walled with a large rock and mud wall, it seems mostly unclimbable to lack of foot and handholds, with too much of an incline to climb up the muddy parts)

30% Sea
  • Fire Elementals lose 10 HP/action standing, 20 HP/action submerged. Other Non-Aqua Elementals lose 5 HP/action submerged. Nullified for Aqua Elementals.
  • Terrain changes between Sea and Onsen do not inflict damage upon submerged entities, nor do they eject submerged entities to the surface.
(The Main Coastline)
70% Sand
  • -20% Evasion and reduced movement speed to all.
  • Can Burrow as standard action, incurable Blind1 until turn after exiting Burrow.
  • Wind attacks: +100% Source Damage + Blind1, change terrain hit to Normal, trigger Sandstorm for 3 turns: Lose 5 HP/action, Blind1, Fire attacks gain Slashing.
  • Fire attacks: Change terrain hit to Glass.
  • Terrain changes between Sand and QuickSand do not inflict damage upon burrowed entities, nor do they eject burrowed entities to the surface.
  • PanelShot: Blind1.
(The beachline that has been graciously cleaned up)

-- Objects --
BMD: 20 HP (In the back half of the field behind the Shellnerd) (Sand)

-- Rogue Battle 7 Ready? Start!! --
In the moments that it took Lyntael to steady herself and take in the freshly appearing viruses, the water around her went from an embarrassing but mostly decent waist level, to a far more compromising point below her knees. The nearby culprit, a kettle virus, seemed content with the localised low tide it had caused and Lyntael's eyes snapped across to it as instinct made her hurriedly attempt to cover her groin with one hand.

“Hey! What are you—” There wasn't any time to complain about it; the flustered response took its moment, but right behind it she was still aware of the other viruses, and the aggressive movements that several of them were making. Even as she reacted to the sudden exposure, her body's first instinct took over without the girl herself needing to think about it; a shell of static energy expanded from her chest, stabilised just beyond her form and faded from sight while a circling current of wind rushed int and round her protectively. It was a pity she didn't know of any way to make the energy field tactically opaque...

She couldn't keep herself covered and fight at the same time, and the viruses around her were close enough to get whatever looks they wanted; a part of her knew it didn't matter, knew that they probably didn't even register or understand the situation at anything more than a combative level... but that didn't change the fact that they all had eyes. She should probably be more concerned about the combat itself, but the frustration at the very phenomena she'd just been complaining about pouncing on her again made both of her fists clench as her charge surged.

“Why does this... Keep... Happening!?” It wasn't quite a shout, uttered through grit teeth as it was, but it came with a violent burst of storming energy, rolling off her body and draining the first well of charge that had built up inside her in the first few moments of the conflict. The winds around her flared outward in the same motion, trying to push the viruses right beside her back as well, but Lyntael wasn't focused on the sensation too much. The motion of her expenditure had come with a widening of her stance, fists down and out to the sides slightly; it was hard to fight the natural movements that seemed to guide her expends, and in most cases no point to doing so, but she couldn't fight and cover herself at the same time. Instead, Lyntael reached out to that tickling sensation in the back of her mind; the instinct that told her how to shape and diffuse the static of her charge into a field that bent the light around her just... so. With a crackle of static, her form seemed to vanish from sight, leaving only the faintest of distortions in the air.

The moment she felt the humming distortion take shape around her, Lyntael dodged forward and to the side, closer to the shore line. The water splashed around her ankles as she moved; there probably wasn't anything she cold do about that, but in the first moment of being hidden, she had decided that making the nearby data cache safe before she began to lash out was probably the more pragmatic choice. She'd had accidents with them before and hadn't paid it too much mind, but Rogan had made comments about it afterwards, and she knew he was right – the resources were there to claim and benefited them both. Waste not, want not; She reached out and pressed one hand to the crystal, attempting to access the data it held and protect the crystal itself from the dangers of the fight. She only touched it for a second before turning back to the battle; it would take a few moments to take care of itself, and she had more important things to focus on.

Her first order of business was to wheel around swiftly, draw up the power that had already begun to rebuild inside her and hammer one fist down hard against the virus nearest her – likely still the shellnerd. She felt the familiar anticipatory rush as the current drew in from each of her strikers, through her body to combine in her chest, followed by the release of it raging outward again through her leading striker in a flare of light and electricity. The impact burst and split, sending off flares of thundering energy in opposite directions, accompanied by fresh blasts of violent wind towards the the other two hostile-seeming viruses; she did her best to keep the branching forks of energy away from the kettle for now; if it wasn't going to attack her, then she didn't see any need to agitate it.

Drained again for a moment, her charge answered the second expenditure with a swifter pulse, cycling up quicker and filling the dearth of energy in her chest in moments. As it filled her, she felt the spike of agitation prickle and flare with it, looking for something to take it out on. Still unseen, she took a half step back, feet splashing in the tide as she braced herself and let the energy flow. Her arms came up, wrists snapping together in front of her, arms out, as she released again. This time it was a brilliant beam of scoring force, flaring and crackling across the space towards the walrus virus in a directed burst.

As the energy left her, Lyntael sagged for a moment, one knee bending slightly before she righted herself. The sensation of aching, leaden emptiness stole her breath for a second before her charge roared back, faster, more violent. Third expend in quick succession; she was okay, but it was building quickly now. How far could she push it now? She caught a breath and surveyed what remained of the conflict while her form remained invisible.

Summary
L*) Knock Back effects are Double Strength, and attacks with them gain Wind type
L*) Turbulence: Frontal Deflection against shot or lobbed (hands free, layer 5)
L*) First Armour: (Normally 20Hp Casing, but since I tie this to her clothing and she only has her vest, but no skirt or knickers on... can I take only 10Hp worth at the moment?)
L1) My Heart Falters, yet beats anew (Buster Charge, 80Hp Elec Barrier, Off-Target (1 Rank, 1 Round) (Overcharge -3)
L2) My Soul Screams, and yet I fight (ShotBase(50) Nova2, Knockback, Charge-Burner) (Overcharge +2) (Shellnerd and Piranha)
L3) My Vision Alters, yet I see through (Buster Charge, Dodge, Invisibility (1 Target, 1 Round), Off-Target (1 Rank, 1 Round)) (Overcharge -2)
L4) I Access Data, to save the bytes (Activate Mystery Data ^.~)
L*) Fast Armour: 20Hp (10Hp) Casing Refresh
L5) My Fear Rejected, with hopeful stride (Take Aim, ShotBase(50) Spread2, Break, Knockback, A, Self-Slow (1 Rank, 1 Round)) (Overcharge +4) (First hit is Melee, at Shellnerd, spreads are Shot, in opposed directions, one towards Walland and the other the piranha, if it's still about. If there's nothing she can reach in Melee to hit she can't use this one properly in this particular instance, so just cancel/ignore it if that's the case)
L6) My Anger Directed, 'gainst violent threat (ShotBase(50) Break, Impact, Slashing, Knockback, A, Buster Shot (30null, Disarm x 5 hits, A), Off-Target (1 Rank, 1 Round)) (Overcharge +6) (to Walland)

Cooldowns and Overcharge
My Heart Falters, yet beats anew (3TCD)
My Soul Screams, and yet I fight (3TCD)
My Fear Rejected, with hopeful stride (3TCD)
My Anger Directed, 'gainst violent threat (3TCD)

Overcharge: Begin: 0, My Heart Falters (-3), My Soul Screams (+2), My Vision Alters (-2), My Fear Rejected (-2), My Anger Directed (+6) End: +6
(Letting the turn go this time, but you can only use two instances of off-target a turn)

Her body taking the front and center to the virus' eyes at the new lack of water, Lyntael's actions (and movements) were certainly not unexpected after a sudden low-tide bestowed upon her, seemed the universe REALLY had it out for her and her clothing, but that was a thought for another time as the Piranha was quick on the draw as it fired off a trio of shots into the barrier, chipping down half it's durability without a single qualm from her side (20x2) with two well placed shots.

The Shellnerd stayed in it's protective shell for the time being, but the Waland attempted to get a hit in on her, the two fangs it shot went far and wide just as she shot at the two in front of her, leading the navi to graze the fishy fiend (50) as the clam would not falter from it's defensive position from the blow, though both certainly got knocked fairly far from their inital potions, leading the fish to splash heavily far away, as the clam would be knocked against the wall, just next to the BMD. Though she would disappear from sight almost immediately after, befuddling the three attacking viruses, the Kettle would just sit contently in the sea as it sat there with a viral hum.

Though the viruses would look about the shoreline as Lyntael would quickly move in to activate the BMD before it could sustain damage in equal measure, leading her to get a sum of Zenny for her trouble, though the PET would have to wait for battle routines to finish before it could properly attribute itself to Rogan's bank account, but the money was there for collection, just had to dust the sand off...

Upon the opening of the BMD, the Walland would quickly take it upon itself to launch an attack at the area the BMD had been in at...and failing to connect again, as the attack would strike near her, into the wall no less. But, regardless, this wouldn't stop her from taking her chance to attack, leading to a blistering strike against the Shellnerd as her fist smashed through into the shell before it could open, piercing through and crushing the majority of it's sytems, with the secondary attacks flaring off and striking the Piranha again (100!, 50), but it would pass by the Walland harmlessly as it wavered just enough to miss. Unfortunately, the Shellnerd had survived it's aggrivated assault as it launched an arrow...right...in front...of Lyntael...well, unfortunately for it, her defenses defended her from this point blank shot, leading it to getting a star-shaped arrow in it's face, self deleting almost immediately. Whoopsie.

The Piranha on the other hand, would send another trio of spears at her from a much farther distance than one would expect a sentient fish to take with an invisible opponent, and unfortunately, it's gamble would not pay off at all, all three shots having gone wide from both invisibility and lack of proper aim. And with that, a final attack would be made for the round, turning towards the fat walrus that had been taking potshots at her to no avail as a scorching beam of pent up agression and anger would flow forth from the invisible dancer, multiple hits would register on the Walland almost immediately afterwards and just as suddenly as she had attacked, the Walland's form would be completely gone...as if it had never been there in the first place...spooky scary lady. (50+30x4) Either way, there was still a Kettle to boil and a fish to fry at the end of the round...and no amount of stabilizers would right Lyntael's vision, that was for sure, she should maybe have gone a bit easier, but what's done was done.

-- Viruses --

Piranha viruses work as a hive-mind. They all move at the same time, attempt to detect targets at the same time, and once a targets is detected by any of them, they all attack that one target at the same time. Moving and searching for targets takes one action. Attacking takes another. Any Piranha just recovering from a status effect that prevents normal operation will resume acting in unison with the rest of the group.

Special: Floating. When multiple Piranha virii are on the field at once, they attack one target as a group.
: 50 HP (sea) (Staring down Lyn from about half-way in the field)

Kettle do not attack unless and until they are attacked. This behavior does not count as a Counter or a Trap. It's simply what they do. Moving and dodging require actions, while retaliating against attacks does not. All Kettle have passive Regen. When this virus is attacked with non-Fire Damage below its max HP, it will boil over to attack nearby enemies with Aqua Damage equal to the damage taken. This effect does not damage allies. If the damage is greater than or equal to its current HP, the virus is also deleted after the counter attack. If not, the Kettle will regenerate a portion of its HP and continue on as normal. When this virus is attacked with Fire Damage, it will boil over to attack nearby allies dealing exactly its max HP in Aqua Damage. This effect will not damage enemies. The virus is automatically deleted after boiling over in this case.

Attack Description: Boils over and releases geyser explosion when attacked. Boil-over damage never exceeds the virus' max HP. See Notes for more details.
: 160 HP (Sea) (Full and happy from absorbing the seawater, about half-way out at this point)
WallandWalland (Walla)

: YOU NO LONGER EXIST YOU FOOL!

: SELF DELETION!!!1! (Ping!)

-- Navis --
Lyntael.EXE: 345 HP (Sand) (Invisible1, ends start of next turn)(Barrier40)(Casing10) (Off-target3 (2 applied next round, 1 the turn after)(Self-slow1) (Roughly right on the shoreline, feet in the sand)

-- Terrain -- (The area is mainly Sand, with the "back" part of the field walled with a large rock and mud wall, it seems mostly unclimbable to lack of foot and handholds, with too much of an incline to climb up the muddy parts)

30% Sea
(The Main Coastline)
70% Sand
  • Can Burrow as standard action, incurable Blind1 until turn after exiting Burrow.
  • Wind attacks: +100% Source Damage + Blind1, change terrain hit to Normal, trigger Sandstorm for 3 turns: Lose 5 HP/action, Blind1, Fire attacks gain Slashing.
  • Terrain changes between Sand and QuickSand do not inflict damage upon burrowed entities, nor do they eject burrowed entities to the surface.

-- Objects --
BMD: EARLY OPENED! (+9000z at battle end)
Despite her best efforts, Lyntael stumbled, staggering in the knee-deep water while the faint roll of the tide continually kept her off-balance. She did her best to shake the tingling buzz from her limbs but it was little use with the increasing pace of her charge filling her body again; it wasn't painful yet, but it was impeding her. The static made her extremities feel clumsy and distant, and the sensation was making her more aware than ever of the way the swirling breezes around her were flowing against parts of her body that really should be covered. She grit her teeth and forced herself to refocus.

The piranha had been thrown away but it was still launching spear shots at her as rapidly as it could; at least the other virus wasn't getting itself involved. Lyntael began to close with the one remaining hostile, doing her best to avoid any on-coming spears even if dodging in the wade-depth tide was awkward. Her charge wanted to burst; it strained beneath her skin to expend again but she held it back and allowed her body to pulse energy in softer, more even fans of sparks as she drew close to her target.

The virus wasn't too much threat now, she knew that, but she had to do better balancing herself and keeping herself under control. Winds whipped about her as the repeating rolls of static spread out from her, but any time her quarry got knocked further back Lyntael shifted with it, trying to stay close. In between ,as she manoeuvred about the violently-inclined fish, Lyntael made quick jabs and sharper follow-through strikes, trying to take what opportunities she could to debilitate the creature while she focused on calming her charge and bringing it back down to stability; that was what she really needed to work on in these moments. She could feel the lack of her usual precision with each movement while the lingering sensation from earlier expends made her limbs slower to respond but she focused on trying to make each little shot count when a moment presented itself.

In a break between the brief flurry of blows, Lyntael hopped back a step, and glanced back over her shoulder to keep the other virus in sight while she took a measured breath and let it out again. It still hadn't shown any violent inclination – just a desire to fill up on water.

“Hey... If you aren't going to be a danger to anyone else out here, I don't have a problem with you, okay? Maybe try not to surprise someone while they're trying to wash next time!” She called across to it and shifted to one side so she could keep her guard up and watch it without losing track of the piranha, if it was still an issue.

Summary
L1) Action Precluded: Buster Charge
L2) My Faith Can Heal, with time for laughter (Buster Charge, Feint, Movement, 10Elec Nova2, Knockback, Self-Slow (1 Rank, 1 round)) (Overcharge -2)
L3) My Fear Swells, but I hold tight (Dodge, 20Elec Nova2, Knockback, Charge-Burner) (Overcharge +1)
L*) Fast Armour: 20Hp (10Hp) Casing Refresh
L4) Take Aim
L5) Basic Buster Strike: (30, Disarm x 5 Hits, B (A, Off-Target 2, Take Aim)), to Piranha
L6) A Fresh Start, and the will to live (15Hp Sacrifice up front, Status Cure, SupportBase(20), Feint) (Overcharge -2)

Cooldowns and Overcharge
My Fear Swells, but I hold tight (3TCD)
My Vision Alters, yet I see through (2TCD)
My Soul Screams, and yet I fight (2TCD)
My Heart Falters, yet beats anew (2TCD)
My Faith Can Heal, with time for laughter (3TCD)
My Anger Directed, 'gainst violent threat (2TCD)

Overcharge: Begin: +6, My Faith Can Heal (-2), My Fear Swells (+1), A fresh Start (-2), End: +3
Charging herself and beginning to try and stabalize the charge within, her vision was certainly much worse off than before as she moved forwards in an attempt to get closer to the Pirahna, it wasn't long before it began to fire at her again, spear flying forward and nearly catching her, but her blustry winds fended off the frontal assault and sent it into the drink as she shocked the virus just a little bit with her explosive nova (40!!), the virus reeling back as she continued to get closer and closer as it made the attempt to move back in response to her movements just as she got close...just barely out of the second shock that eminated from her body. But the third would clip it just barely, sending shocks through it's body and sent it into the air as it's data would dissipate with no recourse against her. It was a mostly cleaned up fight...and thankfully, it seemed like the Kettle had no intentions to fight as it's "comrades" were finally done and gone. Battle routines would release off of Lyntael and, with it, no more worrying about any more peeking viruses or navis as the Kettle turned it's back to her as if in understanding. Also, that flung away spear seemed to have stuck around...I mean, it looked to be good for some chip data related to the Phirana she just deleted.

-- Viruses --

: Faded away

: 160 HP (Sea) (Full and happy from absorbing the seawater, about half-way out at this point)
WallandWalland (Walla)

: YOU NO LONGER EXIST YOU FOOL!

: SELF DELETION!!!1! (Ping!)

-- Navis --
Lyntael.EXE: 350 HP (Sand) (Invisible1, ends start of next turn)(Barrier40)(Casing10) (Off-target3 (2 applied next round, 1 the turn after)(Self-slow1) (Roughly right on the shoreline, feet in the sand)

30% Sea
(The Main Coastline)
70% Sand

-- Objects --
BMD: EARLY OPENED! (+9000z at battle end)

Battle Win!
8100z, 17 Bugfrags, TrainArrow2Effect: Adds +40 Aqua to Buster Shot Attack
Accuracy: Buster Accuracy = A
Description: Allows the user to fire Aqua Spears from buster.
Duration: 6 Uses.
Special: Overrides Buster. Disables Charged Shot.
Trader Rank: C

BMD reward: 9000z
Lyntael stopped for an extra moment to take another breath and let it out more slowly. A small pulse of static rolled off her and diffused into the too-shallow water. As she glanced down at it, seeing her own form at the lower edge of her vision, the slight flush of exertion threatened to become a rosier tone of nervous embarrassment and she let herself relax again. She cast one last cautious eye towards the contented kettle then began scanning for her other clothes, now a good dozen feet away after she'd chased down the last hostile virus. Her sense of relaxation became another brief jolt of panic for an entirely different reason.

“Ah! Don't you dare, not again—!” Her first leisurely wading stride became a more urgent splashing towards the abandoned clothing; her eye had caught the tell-tale sign of beginning data fragmentation, as she knew tended to happen to her things whenever they strayed too far away from her without extra measures to maintain them. She rushed over and grabbed at what she could before it broke apart; her luck always seemed to demand that her underwear became victims of fate before anything else, and she grabbed at the smaller article first, pulling it from the waves before it could fade, but by the time she caught hold of her skirt as well the normally valiant defender of her modesty had already begun to disintegrate heavily. An exasperated sight became a more resigned, rueful shake of her head as she lifted it up to assess the damage and wring the water from it as best she could.

The damage, as it turned out, wasn't complete but it was substantial enough to make the skirt hard to wear at all; a good third of the band had degraded into loose data and washed away, leaving only a ragged strip that she couldn't quite get around her waist at all as she waded out of the water to the edge of the shore. Oh well... the circling breezes beginning to dry her skin continued to draw attention back to her more sensitive exposed areas and Lyntael carefully squeezed as much water as she could from the garment she had rescued successfully and pulled her underwear on before any other random eyes decided to show up.

It was a beach; that was the best mercy she had here. At a distance, anyone would probably assume she was wearing swimwear on her lower half, which was perfectly decent and acceptable. She examined herself with a careful eye as she folded the remaining scrap of her skirt's fabric into a bundle in one hand. Hopefully, no-one would look too closely, if she did run into any other navis... as long as they were still damp like this, the thin white fabric of her underwear didn't really obscure as much as she would have liked. She grimaced as she tried to gauge just how visible the stylised lightning bolt and the personal details it pointed to would be to outside eyes. Hopefully the fabric would dry quickly.

Time to push on. She was supposed to be looking for the source of all the shell viruses that were inundating the area, and if Eurayle's directions were actuate then she had a fair way further down the beach to go before she'd get to the place they were supposedly massing most prominently. She began a more relaxed stroll along the shoreline, toes splashing in the water as she walked along the tide line. With a deep breath she reached out and felt for the wind rolling across the sand, pulling cool air along with her and around her to ruffle at her vest and hair. Even if it was the rouge nets, there were still moments like this where it could seem... pleasant. Lyntael let herself smile.

It was a few moments of quiet walking before Lyntael heard Rogan open their channel again. He didn't speak right away and the channel clicked off again in silence before opening a second time a few seconds later.

“Lyntael, I assume you're content to continue?” Tactical phrasing. He was concerned about her decency but also didn't want to talk about her consistently terrible fate in that respect any more either. She felt her smile become a more wry smirk as she nodded.

“I'm fine, Rogan. Honestly... If I'm really honest, and I think about everything that has happened in the past in situations like this, and how often they seem to occur, this is really pretty mild. I was expecting a... more complete disaster. I'm fine. I don't think we're going to run into any other random navigators down here anyway, just viruses, and most of them really don't even understand what I'm embarrassed about in the first place.” She shrugged her shoulders and glanced around, just to see if her words had tempted fate and summoned a crowd of video-recording news-navis or anything of that nature. The beach remained clear for now.

“I feel... I don't know, Rogan. I'm still finding my rhythm, I think. I can feel the flow and the pulse, the cycle and spiral of my charge...” She took a breath and closed her eyes, turning her face upward slightly again. “The air and the wind all around me, beautiful, like I'd forgotten it could feel...” As she focused forward again she extended a hand in front of herself drew the feeling of energy through her body until small crackles began to dance across her fingers and flash in faint caustics beneath her skin. The paths that the electricity coursed felt hot when she moved the power, across her chest and up and down her limbs, but there was a comfort to the beat of it as well, and it didn't hurt the way it had once, not for small things.

“I feel like I still need... I don't know. It doesn't feel quite... quite like I fit myself, not yet. I don't know how to explain it any better. Like there's so much here, but I don't quite know how to express it properly. And there's pressure still... I... Rogan...?” She frowned as she thought about what she was feeling.

“Hmm?”
“Could you... could you disconnect from me, for a little while? Stay with me, and keep watching, but...”
“Lyntael, I know it maybe what you've grown used to, and I'll still need to do it for our work, but at this point, I'd rather not have you untethered unless it is necessary.” There was a firmness in his voice that told her he didn't want to relent on the point, and Lyntael glanced down at the sand for a moment, unconsciously clasping her hands behind her back as she walked, but she pushed again.

“Please, Rogan. You'll still be with me, and you can patch up again right away if I get in trouble, can't you? I just... I feel like I need this. I need to be... free.” She winced as she said the word. The implication wasn't what she meant, but Rogan was silent for a painfully long few seconds. Eventually he answered in a tone that was quiet and softer than his usual clear tone.

“Every time you've been given the chance... to go, or to stay away, or to live somewhere else.... you always choose to come back, to me. Even when... Even when it seems like the worst choice you could make, and everyone thinks you shouldn't and don't deserve... this. Lyntael; it was easy to accept when I thought of you as a program – it was just how you were made and it ultimately didn't matter so long as you served your purpose... but now... I don't want you to feel... trapped with me.” Lyntael held her tongue while he spoke, rather than interrupt. If it had just been a throw-away word, she mightn't have even thought about it, and it wouldn't have mattered. If it hadn't been something that was already weighing on Rogan's mind, he probably wouldn't have noticed her saying it that way. So she let him finish.

“I don't, Rogan, I promise I don't. I didn't mean it that way, and I really do want to be here, now, with you, helping. I swear it, I do. It's my choice, and it will always be my choice, Rogan, so long as you want me around, or I feel like you need me.” She tried a soft giggle to lighten the serious tone. “And unless you look after yourself better, that second one will be true forever.” On the other side of the line, her operator was quiet for an extra moment, then sighed and laughed softly with her.

“I suppose that's true. In a little while perhaps, I may need to sort out some things here soon regardless.”
“Alright.” Lyntael felt her smile fade as she walked on. Something told her his laughter was as performative as hers.

((First post with Rogan formally 'absent', making shop purchases))

It was surprisingly easy to forget that she was wearing just underwear that were not particularly opaque while they remained damp, rather than proper swim wear. Lyntael continued down the beach, kicking her toes in the rolling surf and enjoying the delicate breeze while clouds dappled the beach with patches of shade between the sun. She did her best to put the awkwardness of their last exchange out of mind while she continued to search for signs of the source of her bounty request, trusting Rogan to redirect her if she strayed off the course that Eurayle had pointed out to them.

((Ready for Battle 8, Shellnerd Bounty, Operator Absent))
Continuing along on her path beneath the undercarriage of the rocky cliffside, Lyntael would soon find the land beginning to encroach upon the coastline. The coastline would be more and more shallow as time went on, it didn't seem like much was going on...at least until a crackle of lightning struck down in front of her, displacing sand and getting it all over her legs, thighs and feet, before a much larger than normal virus crashed down from atop the rocky outcropping.

A deeply chartreuse colored monster on spindly, jagged and thin legs...a long forgotten piece of the lifevirus...or at least...a mostly finished simulacrum of such. It's wireframe was showing from beneath it's textures, the face was...just not there...and worse yet, you could practically see through the creature if you looked at it from the right angle. The creature was clearly angry at it's half-finished state as viruses dropped down from the outcropping as well...a RareVaccumFan in a deeply gaudy gold coloring and a ShellnerdEX atop it's body, in a similar coloring...whilst in the shallows, a Jelly2 would rise up, floating just above the waves as it raised it's tentacles up, agitating the waters around it. Battle Routines would set in for the navi, and battle began.

-- Viruses --
Jelly2 EXJelly2 EX (Jelly)

Jelly are floating, jellyfish-like viruses, that seem to simply float nonchalantly, yet are deceptively difficult to combat. Fortunately, their rarity ensures they they never appear before a Battle 6, and there are never more than 2 in a single battle. While their horizontal movement is terrible at best, they can easily adjust their altitude as needed. By default, however, they tend to hover a couple of feet above the ground. The exception to this is when they attack. Jelly attack by launching large waves of water at enemies The attack cycle of Jelly is 2 actions long. It requires one action to charge before firing. If they are stunned or otherwise temporarily disabled, they resume their attack cycle where it was halted once the stun wears off. When they attack, they drop to the ground in order to pump out as much liquid as possible. This allows them to harness the power of certain kinds of terrain to boost their attacks, but it also makes them immobile and vulnerable to ground-based attacks for the duration.

Area: Beach

HP: 290
Attack Damage/Effect: 90 Aqua + Ground Attack + Wide Attack + Sea Terrain Boost 50 + 1 action charge
Attack Description: It charges itself with innate elemental energy, then launches a hard-to-avoid wall of water at enemies. The attack is stronger if performed over Sea terrain.
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): Wave2 (Rare), Zenny
Special: OmniShoes
Special: This virus can move forward, backward, or to the side, but it does this so slowly that it cannot evade attacks this way.
Special: This virus can move up and down at high speed in order to avoid attacks while charging. While they can float fairly high, they cannot achieve High Altitude status.
Special: This virus is anchored and cannot move when attacking.
: 290 HP (Sea) (Hovering in the water, about a 6-o-clock position)
RareVaccumFanRareVaccumFan (Wind & Fan)

All viruses in this family are immobile during combat, with the exception of being able to turn to face any direction it wishes. Later versions of this virus may switch between Wind and Fan effects, which requires one action, during which time all wind or fan effects cease. Bonuses and penalties do not stack if multiples of the same virus family exist on the field. Wind and Fan do not push or pull Objects, only creatures.

Area: SciLab, Yoka, Beach, Sharo, Netfrica, Hades Isle

HP: 200
Attack Damage/Effect: Fan Effect, Northwind
Attack Accuracy: S
Attack Description: Causes a large scale gale of wind to blow across the entire field in the opposite direction the virus is facing. This gale will constantly move all targets this virus considers to be enemies in the direction the wind is blowing, which makes it difficult to avoid many kinds of attacks executed by its allies. All those affected by the wind will also have their barriers and auras blown off by a constant Northwind effect.
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): Fan, Zenny
Special: Causes all targets this virus considers to be enemies to suffer a 30% evasion penalty against all close range attacks, such as swords, melee attacks, and flamethrower style weaponry. Both sides of the engagement suffer a 30% accuracy penalty with direct attacks perpendicular to the direction of the wind, and all thrown attacks.
Special: Those allied with this virus may opt to take advantage of the wind to increase movement speed or evasion by going with the wind. They do not suffer any penalties, however. Conversely, anyone may move along with the wind to increase accuracy by 10% for close ranged attacks, assuming the target is in that direction.
Special: Northwind effect to all enemies once per virus action while maintaining fan effect.
: 200 HP (Sand) (Seated against the rocky outcropping at a 1-o-clock position, pointing roughly towards Lyntael, about to begin operation)
Scuttler-4Scuttler-4 (Scuttler-)

Scuttler- is an angry looking insectoid creature. Unlike the virus it was designed to be like, it is chartreuse instead of yellow. This metavirus were made in an attempt to recapture the devastating power of the LifeVirus's creations, byte for byte, to the inclusion/exclusion of various aspects of their virus components, such as removing all flight capability, and cranking up their innate aggressiveness. That they were regarded as failures is more an indication of the real things' incredible might than the metaviruses' weakness. They're still extremely vicious, and very much prefer attacking to dodging.

Area: All

HP: 780
Element: Elec

Primary Attack Damage/Effect: 100 Elec + Break + Piercing + Group Attack
Primary Attack Accuracy: B (special)
Primary Attack Description: Lines up with a target and launches a ball of electricity at the enemy. Accuracy decreases by one rank with each hit.

Secondary Attack Damage/Effect: 80 Elec + Seeking
Secondary Attack Description: Drops a thunderbolt on an enemy.

Tertiary Attack Damage/Effect: 80 Elec + Small Solar Terrain Change + Cone Attack
Tertiary Attack Accuracy: C
Tertiary Attack Description: Uses plasma breath to give the enemy and the ground an unhealthy glow.

Special: ElecAura: Begins each battle with a 100 HP ElecAura, which is pierced and instantly destroyed by Wood attacks. This reforms at the end of each turn.
Special: LightningProof: Cannot be inflicted with Stun. Takes half damage from Elec attacks.

Possible Rewards (Per Virus): ElecShock2, AuraHead2, ElecAura2, Elec+30, Strike (Rare), Zenny
: 780 HP (ElecAura100) (Sand) (Standing there. MENACINGLY. Right across from Lyntael, at about a 3-o-clock position)

: 160 HP (Atop the VaccumFan)

-- Navis --
Lyntael.EXE: 350 HP (Sand) (Facing the Scuttler, roughly at a 8-o-clock position, near the coastline)

-- Terrain -- (A towering cliff rises above Lyntael, can be used for climbing and is otherwise treated as Normal terrain, doesn't seem to need any "expert" climbing ability or equipment)
80% Sand
(The current beach area, more beach than sea right now)
20% Sea
(Nearby coastline, more shallow than before)

Battle Mode: ELITE! Meta dies, battle ends! Full rewards regardless of viruses on the field after.

-- Rogue Battle 8 Ready? Start!! --
The pleasantly shaded walk was interrupted with a blast of energy and flying sand as Lyntael jumped back from the sudden impact, her breath catching. A pulse rippled through her body, ready, as latent electricity flooded to the surface of her skin in response and the softly curling air around her whipped into a faster, more turbulent barrier, warding off further sand, at least a little. Without really being aware of it, she felt her body shift into a more balanced combat stance, hands raised as much to shield herself from the sudden sand spray as to defend but as her heart beat jumped upwards Lyntael tried to take a moment to see what the source of the disturbance really was.

The virus that followed the blast had landed in front of her with a heavy impact and a flash of uncomfortable memories darted through her mind. The creature looked broken and damaged, its inner structure exposed or rent apart in places, and the jerky skittering of its legs amidst the looming presence of its form made the creature seem wild and feral. Carefully, Lyntael opened her hands, lifting them up, palms out, though she still kept her defensive stance. For now, she didn't have time to focus on the other viruses she could see in her periphery.

“Easy... Easy there.” Images in her mind of the programs she'd encountered previously; broken and abused, desperate for their suffering to end. It was painfully similar, even if not quite the same. “No-one's going to hurt you here, okay?” She tried a tentative step forward, then another, approaching so that she could slowly reach out an open hand towards the incomplete body of the virus. “Just stay calm, okay? If you're in pain, I might be able to help...” the words almost caught in her throat. The only help she'd been able to give those other programs had been a quiet end and a moment of companionship when it came... Rogan had spoken before, when she'd fought the mutated abomination, as though it had been her first time ending a life, and in a way it had, at least violently like that... but he didn't know what she'd already had to put herself through before that... and here it was, potentially, again.

Ignoring the other viruses for now, Lyntael reached up to try to put one hand gently against the larger one, to see what she could learn about what had been done to it. Rogan hadn't said anything yet; in the back of her mind, she'd half expected him to chide her again. There might be no calming the creature; she knew that, and she was ready to leap away again if it just attacked, but she had to try. The thought repeated itself like a mantra. She accepted the risk, because that was better than not trying at all.

((Turn Splice; I know it won't work, but I don't want to assume the immediate reaction before getting to the rest of the turn))

Summary
L*) First Armour: (20Hp Casing)
L1) My Pain is Real; it lingers after (Counter (On Hit): (10Elec Nova2, Knockback (Wind), Time Delay (Start of next turn): Counter (On Hit): (10Elec Nova2, Knockback (Wind))), 15Hp Sacrifice) (Overcharge +1 per Counter Triggered)
L2) A Scarred Soul, with love to give (Damage Reduction (10, 1 Round), 40Hp Casing, Stun (1 Action), Self-Slow (1 Rank, 1 Round)) (Overcharge -2) (Stun as attempting to pacify the Meta)

-=Turn Splice=-
As Lyntael made her intentions clear with the virus in front of her, whilst setting herself up for potential attacks, the...malformed creature in front of her skittered to either side as it kept it's balance with it's half-made structure, she could feel it's unfettered rage and ferocity, whatever had happened to it had made it distrustful of others that didn't share it's own viral signature. Even without a face, it could see just fine, likely it's face textures hadn't been fully made before it had been set into the net or escaped from where it had been made, hard to say either way.

But regardless of Lyntael's intent or her motives to talk with it, the other viruses were more willing to go on the offensive as she was preoccupied, the Vaccumfan clicking on and letting loose gales of wind immediately, sand immediately beginning to kick up from the ground as it's high powered gusts of wind began to create a sandstorm in the general vicinty, eyes abound watering as the sand began to reduce visibility, as well as in general getting everywhere and making things awkward to so much as act through. This, of course, would not help the Scuttler any, or Lyntael's position with it, as things quickly began to get out of hand. The Jelly on the beach would begin to charge itself up for an attack whilst the Shellnerd kept concealed in it's shell. A loud hissing noise from the metavirus would escape from it, as it began to move closer to Lyntael in an attempt to attack...a bad move on it's part, as it began to feel the electrical charge of Lyn's hand upon it, a numbness coursing through it's body as it was unable to move more for the time being. Though if Lyn looked upwards, the outcropping seemed to be tall enough for her to escape the stinging pain she felt from the sandstorm, weather she could get up there or not was another story entirely, she'd likely be completely defenseless if she tried to climb.

-- Viruses --

Jelly are floating, jellyfish-like viruses, that seem to simply float nonchalantly, yet are deceptively difficult to combat. Fortunately, their rarity ensures they they never appear before a Battle 6, and there are never more than 2 in a single battle. While their horizontal movement is terrible at best, they can easily adjust their altitude as needed. By default, however, they tend to hover a couple of feet above the ground. The exception to this is when they attack. Jelly attack by launching large waves of water at enemies The attack cycle of Jelly is 2 actions long. It requires one action to charge before firing. If they are stunned or otherwise temporarily disabled, they resume their attack cycle where it was halted once the stun wears off. When they attack, they drop to the ground in order to pump out as much liquid as possible. This allows them to harness the power of certain kinds of terrain to boost their attacks, but it also makes them immobile and vulnerable to ground-based attacks for the duration.

Attack Damage/Effect: 90 Aqua + Ground Attack + Wide Attack + Sea Terrain Boost 50 + 1 action charge
Attack Description: It charges itself with innate elemental energy, then launches a hard-to-avoid wall of water at enemies. The attack is stronger if performed over Sea terrain.
Special: This virus can move forward, backward, or to the side, but it does this so slowly that it cannot evade attacks this way.
Special: This virus can move up and down at high speed in order to avoid attacks while charging. While they can float fairly high, they cannot achieve High Altitude status.
: 285 HP (Sea) (Hovering in the water, about a 6-o-clock position) (Charging it's attack) (1 action remaining)

All viruses in this family are immobile during combat, with the exception of being able to turn to face any direction it wishes. Later versions of this virus may switch between Wind and Fan effects, which requires one action, during which time all wind or fan effects cease. Bonuses and penalties do not stack if multiples of the same virus family exist on the field. Wind and Fan do not push or pull Objects, only creatures.

Attack Description: Causes a large scale gale of wind to blow across the entire field in the opposite direction the virus is facing. This gale will constantly move all targets this virus considers to be enemies in the direction the wind is blowing, which makes it difficult to avoid many kinds of attacks executed by its allies. All those affected by the wind will also have their barriers and auras blown off by a constant Northwind effect.
Special: Causes all targets this virus considers to be enemies to suffer a 30% evasion penalty against all close range attacks, such as swords, melee attacks, and flamethrower style weaponry. Both sides of the engagement suffer a 30% accuracy penalty with direct attacks perpendicular to the direction of the wind, and all thrown attacks.
Special: Those allied with this virus may opt to take advantage of the wind to increase movement speed or evasion by going with the wind. They do not suffer any penalties, however. Conversely, anyone may move along with the wind to increase accuracy by 10% for close ranged attacks, assuming the target is in that direction.
Special: Northwind effect to all enemies once per virus action while maintaining fan effect.
: 200 HP (Sand) (Seated against the rocky outcropping at a 1-o-clock position, pointing roughly towards Lyntael, about to begin operation) (Turned on)

Scuttler- is an angry looking insectoid creature. Unlike the virus it was designed to be like, it is chartreuse instead of yellow. This metavirus were made in an attempt to recapture the devastating power of the LifeVirus's creations, byte for byte, to the inclusion/exclusion of various aspects of their virus components, such as removing all flight capability, and cranking up their innate aggressiveness. That they were regarded as failures is more an indication of the real things' incredible might than the metaviruses' weakness. They're still extremely vicious, and very much prefer attacking to dodging.

Primary Attack Description: Lines up with a target and launches a ball of electricity at the enemy. Accuracy decreases by one rank with each hit.

Tertiary Attack Damage/Effect: 80 Elec + Small Solar Terrain Change + Cone Attack
Tertiary Attack Description: Uses plasma breath to give the enemy and the ground an unhealthy glow.

Special: ElecAura: Begins each battle with a 100 HP ElecAura, which is pierced and instantly destroyed by Wood attacks. This reforms at the end of each turn.
Special: LightningProof: Cannot be inflicted with Stun. Takes half damage from Elec attacks.

Possible Rewards (Per Virus): ElecShock2, AuraHead2, ElecAura2, Elec+30, Strike (Rare), Zenny
: 775 HP (ElecAura100) (Sand) (Next to Lyn) (Stun1) (1 action remaining, thanks to Stun)

: 155 HP (Atop the VaccumFan) (Guarding) (1 action remaining)

-- Navis --
Lyntael.EXE: 330 HP (Sand) (Next to Scuttler) (Counter on hit: 10 Elec in Nova2+Wind-based knockback, repeat next turn) (DR10) (Casing40) (Slow1 next turn) (4 actions remaining)

-- Terrain -- (A towering cliff rises above Lyntael, can be used for climbing and is otherwise treated as Normal terrain, doesn't seem to need any "expert" climbing ability or equipment. From a quick look, the sandstorm does not seem to go as high as the cliff, but would take multiple actions to get up there without a microburst or similar effect)
80% Sand
20% Sea
WARNING! WARNING! SANDSTORM IN EFFECT FOR 3 TURNS! -10% ACCURACY AND -5 HP AN ACTION!
The moment of hesitation from the creature was only that, and as the wind kicked the sand around them into a scouring, blinding storm Lyntael felt only renewed destruction emanate from the huge metavirus. She grit her teeth, pulling back and doing her best to skip back a few feet from it, dodging quickly as the virus redoubled its aggression. Her charge rose and filled her in response, straining, and Lyntael wove a shell from the sparks distorting the air and light around her to hide her form from its sight.

She recovered her footing, looking around, but it was no use; this was definitely a fight now, no matter what else she might say. A murmured “Alright” rose in her throat but a last moment instinct made her keep her mouth shut and swallow the remark, in the midst of the whipping sands. Instead she wove into position so she could keep the nearby viruses within her reach, braced her stance and waited for the right moment, then let her charge flow like it was straining to. Energy flowed inwards from her strikers to her chest as she circled the storming winds about her and turned them outwards again along with a bursting wave of dancing lightning, crackling and dancing amongst the shards of accelerated sand.

Her eyes were squeezed shut as much from the rush of release as to guard against the sandstorm, but the momentary emptiness of her expenditure felt like a second or two of drained stillness before it was met with the next cycle, and the beat of energy that surged back to fill the space. As she opened her eyes, it was to look right back at the large meta, still fixated on her. Its violent gaze had followed her movements, as though it could still see her. No time to worry about that. She didn't hesitate this time as her charge pulsed, but reached for it and embraced it, pulling more power from the seemingly inexhaustible spark at the very core of her being. Lightning burned through her limbs, hot and scoring, and she crouched low for a moment, twisted her body, then lunged up and inward, bringing her left palm up in flat, forceful strike towards the meta's mid-section; she'd felt a field about it before, like some kind of protective aura, almost like the barriers she made, but different. Getting through that would be the first task to stopping the creature now.

As she struck towards it, lighting flaring down her striking arm and out into a bursting shock of energy, a wave of electrical fall-off fanned out from her in the other direction, chasing trailing lines of lighting back behind her towards the other two viruses caught in the middle of the sandstorm, striking out with a shattering force at anything they could hit. Lyntael pushed off from the force of the expenditure, arm up and body rising as she made gliding half a step back before the momentum turned it into a graceful backward twist. Her feet left the sand as the motion carried her over, one hand down on the sand briefly before she landed back on her toes a few feet from the virus. Amidst the swirling, scoring sands, an intrusive thought took the time to mutter in her mind: she was glad that, or all options, she still had her underwear this time; unintentional flashing aside, there were some places she especially didn't want exposed to a sandstorm.

The void of charge left its hollow ache in her chest for only a moment after she landed, before it was answered, faster again, and Lyntael grit her teeth and drew it out into something she could use and direct. It was starting to burn at her, hot discomfort in her muscles where the current flowed, but this creature seemed very sturdy, and she had a feeling that her natural lighting might not be the most efficient way to overcome it. But it was what she had, for now, and it wanted to be spent. She took a breath, trying not to breathe sand while she struggled to maintain a protective shell of wind around her own body against the blustering of the powerful windbox. Whether it could see her or not, she squared her stance and put her hands out to the side, low and palms outward, then embraced the flow of her charge again. It hurt this time, there was no denying it, but it was only enough to drive her focus; light from her strikers drew in with the beat of energy to combine in her chest, her hands lifted as her wrists came together and the current roared outward. The brilliant flare of lightning arced from her hands across the space, lighting up the sandstorm for a few moments as it flashed and pulsed, rending at anything in its way and dragging threads of the howling winds along with it in a very literal salt-in-the-wound blast of wind-driven sand.

Lyntael staggered back another half step as the charge drained from her and left the void behind; a yawning blackness that threatened to swallow everything until it was answered by the thundering wrath of her charge filling every inch of her awareness, like a static across her mind. Why was it that she only ever remembered to pace herself, when she realised she wasn't doing so? She caught her breath and tried to focus on the fight as the lightning filled her.

Summary

L*) Turbulence is still up and hasn't been pinged yet, I think? : Frontal Deflection against shot or lobbed (hands free, layer 5)
L3) My Vision Alters, yet I see through (Buster Charge, Dodge, Invisibility (1 Target, 1 Round), Off-Target (1 Rank, 1 Round)) (Overcharge -2) (Dodging and repositioning; this is in response to assuming the scuttle reacts violently)
L4) My Soul Screams, and yet I fight (ShotBase(50)Elec Nova2, Knockback (Wind), Charge-Burner) (Overcharge +2) (should be Scuttle, Windbox and Shellnerd, hopefully)
L5) My Fear Rejected, with hopeful stride (Take Aim, ShotBase(50)Elec Spread2, Break, Knockback (Wind), A, Self-Slow (1 Rank, 1 Round)) (Overcharge +4) (First strike is Melee, A to Scuttle, spreads are Shot, A, directly back (to Windbox and Shellnerd))
L6) My Anger Directed, 'gainst violent threat (ShotBase(50)Elec Break, Impact, Slashing, Knockback (Wind), A, Buster Shot (30null, Disarm x 5 hits, A), Off-Target (1 Rank, 1 Round)) (Overcharge +6) (To Scuttle)

Cooldowns and Overcharge
My Pain is Real; it lingers after (2TCD)
My Soul Screams, and yet I fight (3TCD)
My Fear Rejected, with hopeful stride (3TCD)
My Anger Directed, 'gainst violent threat (3TCD)
A Scarred Soul, with love to give (3TCD)

Overcharge: Begin: 0, My Pain is Real (+1, +1 if triggered), A Scarred Soul (-2), My Vision Alters (-2), My Soul Screams (+2), My Fear Rejected (+4), My Anger Directed (+6) End: +12
Lyntael would begin to hide from sight as the Scuttler would rear back in anger as it's body tingled, perhaps some wires didn't get properly connected or it was some sort of bug within, but the virus spat forwards as she moved, an unhealthy glow eminating in front of it in a short T-shape, glowing panels covering parts of the sands that still whipped haphazardly, even as it's body stiffened up, it's faceless body would keep a general track of where Lyn was at in some capacity, not seeing directly where she was, but at the very least a generalized idea of where she could be. But this didn't stop the Shellnerd from taking a potshot at her as she tried to reposition, taking cues from the Scuttler's body moving in tandem with the dancer's movements...and unfortunately, one of the attacks would graze her shoulder in retaliation of her actions against the Scuttler, casing managing to stay solid (15), but regardless, this caused two explosions one after the other, one from her trap and the other from her soul's screams, pushing back the Scuttler back twice breaking through its aura on the second (aura broken!) and knocking the Shellnerd off it's perch, causing the virus to tumble into the sand upside down as it knocked against the cliffside behind it and again as it was thrown further away , just to the side of where the Vaccumfan was at and towards it's left managing to cause both fan and shelled menace to sustain a fair bit of damage as they knocked against the wall behind them (80) (130) even as the fan would redouble it's efforts against Lyntael.

This is where the Jelly off in the sea got it's turn to move against her, it's charge completed, seas would churn and rumble against the navi as it began to cause a massive wave of water to rise up against Lyntael from the sea itself. Unfortunately for it, it wasn't paying attention to the Scuttler as it's wave of water crashed harmlessly against the sand, leading it to miss entirely, though she certainly got a little seawater splashed upon her despite the whirling hell of sand that surrounded her.

But this wasn't the end of her movements as she lashed out towards the Meta, even as the sands blinded her, her fist met the Meta's body as a jolt from it flowed into her through the fist that struck it and up her arm as it's body held tightly against her strike, the resulting clash of polarities would then feed back, sending electrical pulses back behind her and, with no wasted energy, struck behind and slammed it into the wall behind her (50!) (100!) (100!), though she felt pain, it was not hers...the Meta's...a searing pain from being a half-finished amalgamation of various bits and bytes...

Though she wasn't done yet, one more strike of lightning centered on the Scuttler called down from the heavens, piercing through the sandstorm and striking directly at it's heart, as it was struck thrice in tandem afterwards with the buffetting winds leaving a hefty singe where it had hit, the virus crying out, not in pain, but surprise as it had it's body so theroughly struck though she could feel some had missed in the back of her head as her vision blurred and her movements slowed in tandem with the aching emptiness that followed (50!+30x3) and her body returning to view of the remaining three.

-- Viruses --

: 280 HP (Sea) (Hovering in the water, about a 6-o-clock position)

: 30 HP (Sand) (Seated against the rocky outcropping at a 1-o-clock position, pointing roughly towards Lyntael) (Turned on)

: 580 HP (ElecAura100) (Sand) (next to Lyntael, roughly middle of the field)

: DELETED! (ping)

-- Navis --
Lyntael.EXE: 310 HP (Sand) (Next to Scuttler, downwind of the RareVaccumFan in the middle of the field) (Counter on hit: 10 Elec in Nova2+Wind-based knockback) (DR10) (Casing25) (Slow2) (Off-Target2) (Turbulance defense)

-- Terrain -- (A towering cliff rises above Lyntael, can be used for climbing and is otherwise treated as Normal terrain, doesn't seem to need any "expert" climbing ability or equipment. From a quick look, the sandstorm does not seem to go as high as the cliff, but would take multiple actions to get up there without a microburst or similar effect)
70% Sand
20% Sea
10% Solar
  • Elec Elementals get +5 HP/action.
  • Wood attacks: +100% Source Damage, change terrain hit to Cracked.
  • PanelShot: Imbue Elec + Stun1.
(Where the Scuttler-4 breathed at, roughly where Lyn started on the lefternmost side of the field)
WARNING! WARNING! SANDSTORM IN EFFECT FOR 2 TURNS! -10% ACCURACY AND -5 HP AN ACTION!
Lyntael heard herself bite back a small sound of effort as errant shots glanced off her and her body responded with repeated waves of retaliatory sparks. Each little sharp, sudden expenditure like that made the next faster, and she could feel the cycle of charge starting to numb her extremities from the volume of charge moving across her. Errant splashes of water went ignored for now, though some part of her was keenly aware of the now wet sand clinging and sticking with a gritty insistence as she moved. The small thread of awareness that remained ever aware of being a young woman was, at this moment, keenly glad that it had been her skirt she'd lost, and not her actual underwear this time. She shook her head and refocused.

Energy flickered beneath the surface of her skin in a pattern of dancing light caustics, straining to release at any provocation, and Lyntael tried to squint, keeping the sand from her eyes as best she could while she focused on the fight in front of her, as well as keeping herself under control. Sparks rolled from her body, fanning out into the storm as the personal spiral of wind about her tried to counter the blowing sands. She darted back, light on her toes and did her best to avoid the aggression from the scuttling virus. In flashes of contact, she had felt pain and wrath from the half-constructed creature in front of her, but there was nothing else beneath it that she'd found; no being to save or mind to acknowledge. Maybe there hadn't ever been one, if the virus was incomplete, or maybe it was just too far gone; she hadn't any more way of knowing, but the reality here and now was that it was dangerous, and violent.

“Alright... and I'm sorry...” As she murmured the words, a ripple of calmer energy shivered across her skin and her shoulders set in a more determined readiness. The winds around her tightened and renewed their efforts are keeping the girl safe and her eyes drifted shut for a moment amidst the sensation. Her hair softened and fell flat, almost in tune to the sense of calm, and faded slightly towards a more platinum blonde, with nearly silver tips. It was only visible for a moment, however, before the ripple of energy created a single proud dragon scale in the middle of her brow. The ripple of energy flowed out and downwards, forming first a diadem from additional sweeping silver scales, and then a delicate visor to protect her eyes while, to the side, the metallic scales transitioned into a pair of backward arching dragon wings that protected her ears as well, extending just barely back and up, past the back of her head.

The transformation of her gear washed down the rest of her body in a wave, covering her skin with a close and form-fit undersuit made from a matte grey mesh of tight-woven metal links that covered her from neck to wrist and ankle. Over the top of it, forming in line with the wave of energy, a flat-lying metal gorget covered her collar region, picked out in downward-pointing metal scales, while a series of three larger scale plates formed shoulder guards that tapered to about halfway down her upper arms.

The rest of the armour followed rapidly, a series of three interleaved dragon scale plates protecting her chest from the front, down to her midsection while a similar pair interlocked across her back, delicately stylised to give the impression of folded dragon wings. The faulds followed suit, each stepped section a ring of layered dragon scales that grew out one beneath the next.

As Lyntael clenched her fists, matching boots and gauntlets took shape; slim, light and elegant, like the rest of the armour, but fully encasing metal all the same. Each resembled taloned claws at the fingers and toes, and they reached back as high as her calves and forearms. The last motes of the transformation completed as scrolling lines traced their way back from the points of each gauntlet and boot, to where draconic scale sigils etched themselves into strong emblazoned points at the base of each of her wrists and on either side of her ankles, where her strikers would normally build energy.

Lyntael took a slow breath and let it out again in a moment of stillness amidst the storm.
“This has to be done.” She fixed her gaze on the much larger virus, then moved.

The clawed toes of her boots dug into the sand as she darted forward through the storm, low and fast, the tips of her talons streaking trails of white lightning to either side. She could feel the pulse of her charge, but it was distant and muted now; still a roar of energy, but muffled just enough to let her focus. She slashed upwards with both talons coming together as she reached her target, pushing the claws forward and up as she tried to drive them through the creature's renewed barrier. A low growl rose unbidden in her throat as she channelled a blast of raw power through the gauntlets and ripped them apart again in her effort to break through and take some of the hostile virus' more fragile extremities with the motion if she could. Lightning flared, crackling into waves that thundered off to either side of her as she assaulted her target and as her momentum carried her upwards, Lyntael stepped up part of the creature's body and kicked back and away again.

Her body turned over in the air in a graceful arc and she landed back on her toes again a handful of feet away, stance ready and guarded as she assessed her target with fresh eyes. That aura was going to keep reforming. This might call for something with a bit more direct precision and punch. As she shifted her fighting stance, light on her feet, Lyntael turned her body to a more streamlined, side-on position and raised her right hand in front of herself. Silvery light traced through the etching scroll work around her striker and Lyntael felt the calmer flow of energy pass through her body to begin forming a light dragon scale shield in her grip. It bore the same style as the rest of her armour, save for the faint outline of a stone rampart tower in the central boss. The rest of her armour glowed with a renewed platinum sheen as she set herself and got ready to make her next strikes count.

Summary
L1) Action Precluded: Buster Charge
L2) My Fear Swells, but I hold tight (Dodge, 20Elec Nova2, Knockback (Wind-type), Charge-Burner) (Overcharge +1) (Dodging to avoid Scuttle, but staying close and engaged between it and the fan)
L*) Turbulence refresh, in case it's been triggered
L3) Dragonier Cross (Lvl2: +20Hp, Normal/Wind (Subtype recalibrates to Gust/Airstep)) Overcharge Dampener: Buster no longer adds expend, electrical expends capped at +1, Electrical cool-off does not reduce overcharge, Overcharge cools automatically by 1 per round, active Overcharge treated as Overcharge - CrossLevel.
L4) My thoughts Collected, no more to hide (Take Aim, ShotBase(50)Elec Spread2, Impact, Knockback (Wind-Type), Self-Slow (1 Rank, 1 Round)) (Initial strike is Melee, at Scuttle, spread is Shot at one target (aesthetically, she's sending the spreads in opposite directions, and I think the fan and the Jelly are on the same side relative to her, so it wouldn't be at both in this case, I don't think)
L5) Dodge
L6) A Knight's Ward (40Hp Casing, 2-Hit Shield)

Cooldowns and Overcharge
My Pain is Real; it lingers after (1TCD)
My Fear Swell, but I hold tight (3TCD
My Vision Alters, yet I see through (2TCD)
My Soul Screams, and yet I fight (2TCD)
My Thoughts Collected, no more to hide (3TCD
My Anger Directed, 'gainst violent threat (2TCD)
A Scarred Soul, with love to give (2TCD)

A Knight's Ward (2TCD)

Overcharge: Begin: +12, My Pain is Real (+1 if triggered), My Fear Swells (+1), My Thoughts Collected (+1), Cross Cool-off (-1) End: +14 (Effective Overcharge: +12)
The scuttler continued to threaten Lyntael's form as she charged herself and let out another rolling discharge of electricity as she moved out of the way of the Scuttler, managing to catch the VaccumFan in the process, causing it's form to sputter and cough loudly, before it's torrential winds could be stopped...but the sandstorm still raged, albeit not AS badly as with the VaccumFan's continued blowing, but she could still feel the sting of the sand pelting her skin, clothed or not, and her eyes watered as she continued to see through the storm.

The Scuttler however, had other plans as a blast of electricity shot from it's mouth, plasma crackling loudly as electrical tendrils attempted to grasp at Lyn's bare skin, but her own turbulant winds would send it wide, and unfortunately, not back into it or the Jelly as it harmlessly smacked against the wall behind her and bounced into the air to not be seen again, whist the Jelly would slip down into the water for a brief period of time and begin to bound up and down fairly quickly, from sea to air to attempt to avoid any attacks directed at it.

Lyntael would quickly take to activating the power of her cross partner, a Dragonierman's data being melded with hers as she dug her boots in the sand and readied herself for a redoubled effort against the metavirus in front of her, the virus in turn, calling down a crack of lightning towards her head, and unfortunately for her, cracked her defenses as it landed straight atop her head as if the virus' "divine intervention", but this caused a rolling round of electricity to come back, pushing it back again as it managed to move just enough to the side to avoid Lyntael's strike in turn, as well as missing the Jelly in turn, her aim having managed to falter enough to miss both. Though she could always blame it on the sandstorm if nothing else.

The Jelly in turn would strike back, a massive wall of water being sent the dragon knight's way as she would avoid it entirely in turn, only doing the bare minimum to wet down the sand it struck. Her defenses back from a silvery ward on her person, the Scuttler took one more strike at her, another arcing ball of electricity would be shot towards her, but again, it missed entirely, bounding off her turbulant winds and into the skies to dissipate entirely. The battle had reached a sort of stalemate for the time being, but, the battle was not done yet as the winds continued to stir, though weakening as time continued, another moment or two and she'd be free of the stinging sands.

-- Viruses --

: 270 HP (Sea) (Hovering in the water, about a 6-o-clock position)

: DELETED

: 560 HP (ElecAura100) (Sand) (next to Lyntael, roughly middle of the field)

: DELETED! (ping)

-- Navis --
Lyntael.EXE: 300 HP (Sand) (DragoCrossV2: +20 HP) (Next to Scuttler in the middle of the field) (Casing40) (Shield2) (Slow1) (Turbulance)

70% Sand
20% Sea
10% Solar
  • Elec Elementals get +5 HP/action.
  • Wood attacks: +100% Source Damage, change terrain hit to Cracked.
  • PanelShot: Imbue Elec + Stun1.
(Where the Scuttler-4 breathed at, roughly where Lyn started on the lefternmost side of the field)
WARNING! WARNING! SANDSTORM IN EFFECT FOR 1 TURN! -10% ACCURACY AND -5 HP AN ACTION!