She seemed to start upon realising that Griffin was actually watching her back, and a fresh blush, just faintly visible through the patches on her cheeks where the fur was thinnest, broke out above a playful grin. She averted her own eyes long enough to look away, and turned to one side, offering a better angle on her profile; the console itself was still dormant and now the easily distracted bunny peered across one side of the device. She gave a small “Ah...” under her breath, and then leaned over the console, and over further still, and then a little more, hoisting herself up onto it until she was bent over at the hip, seemingly reaching back to fiddle with something else out of sight. The obvious view for Griffin, of course, was the graceful line of her back and side, down to the point where the soft white fur was covered by her racy red bikini bottoms. From this angle, he had a good view of the way her dainty white tail stood up from the back of her swim wear, showing the brighter white of its underside – a gesture which likely meant little to any watching humans even if the display might have carried meaning to creatures of her own type; even so, it still afforded him a chance to enjoy the rest of her more universally appreciable assets while she worked.
The mutual teasing couldn't go on forever, unfortunately; within moments a more serious alarm was raised and Prose slipped back off the console and stood straight as ScorchMan returned to the first room with his warning. A watching Griffin might get the impression that she'd scooted back very suddenly indeed, and the faint blush from before was several notches more visible now, like she'd been caught out misbehaving.
“Ah... um, right... getting this going... working on it!” She glanced at the still dead screen and hurriedly put her hand on one side of the machine; a moment later it flickered online, beginning whatever startup protocols it needed to get through after a long hibernation. The other connected consoles were still wrecked, broken and dead, but at least this one had power now.
“Um, what have you got there? Are you going to be alright to handle it? Defence system? Dispersal units? She peered past ScorchMan into the gloom, trying to see what he'd retreated from. A half dozen streams of minuscule orange, yellow and white glows began to stream up through the faults in the tunnel plug and snake their way through the chamber. Prose brightened.
“Oh, mites! Ember-mites. That's good, actually. That means it's definitely here, and it's dug in properly! That's good.” ScorchMan felt a light contact somewhere around his hip region as Prose reached up to give him a reassuring pat. “You've got these, I'll work. Just, um... don't let any of them get into any open injuries or anything. That's real bad. Other than that, you'll be fine!” She darted back to the console again, turning to it as though to work, though she kept one eye on the tunnel even so. The many streams of swarming mites surged and closed in.
Mite.F.swrm A: 60Hp [2 Segments] [Lava, Coal]
Mite.F.swrm B 60Hp [2 Segments] [Lava, Coal]
Mite.F.swrm C 60Hp [2 Segments] [Lava, Coal]
Mite.F.swrm D: 60Hp [2 Segments] [Lava, Coal]
Mite.F.swrm E: 60Hp [2 Segments] [Lava, Coal]
Mite.F.swrm F: 60Hp [2 Segments] [Lava, Coal]
- Mite swarms move by extending, and grow by two segments each turn.
- Each segment can be destroy separately.
- Segments cut off from their source will continue to move and attack but will not grow
- Swarms can turn the tiles they are on to lava, with enough exposure; this happens faster on coal.
ScorchMan.Exe: 120Hp [Normal][In the breach between the rooms]
Prosopoppoeia.lapin: [Integrity Masked][Normal][Behind and to SocrchMan's left, at one of the terminals]
Access Terminals (4): 40Hp each [left side of the near room]
Lava Tanks (6): 60Hp each [HeatBody][MetalBody][two lines of three, the length of the near room The right three seem empty, the left three are full of black rock, the middle one is already ruptured]
- Non-Fire Elementals lose 5 HP/action standing, 10 HP/action submerged. Doubled for Wood Elementals, nullified for Fire Elementals.
- Aqua attacks: Panel explodes, +100% Source Aqua Damage, change terrain hit to Normal.
- PanelShot: Imbue Fire.
- Fire Elementals gain +20 Strengthen/turn, but must be allocated to Fire Element attacks only. Any Coal Strengthen vanishes after moving off of it.
- Non-Fire Elementals get Burn (5 Fire/action for 1 turn or until cured) the turn after they come into contact with Coal Terrain.
- 100 Damage Aqua attacks: Change terrain hit to Soil.
- 100 Damage Fire attacks: Change terrain hit to to Lava.
- PanelShot: Imbue Fire.
- No effects.
- Cannot be Broken or Cracked except with Geddon/PanelShot, cannot be Burrowed into.
- Elec attacks: +100% Source Damage.
- 100 Damage Aqua attacks: Change terrain hit to Cracked.
- 100 Damage Fire attacks: Change terrain hit to Furnace.
- PanelShot: Imbue Elec + Break.
Area is two large chambers conjoined by a melted breach between them. The near room contains numerous lava storage tanks, with climbable gantry surrounding them, all empty or hardened (will count as coal if broken open). The far room is littered with ruined furniture and other structures, that have become an uneven landscape of small hills and obstructions, as they were covered in now-dried lava. At the back of the far room, the dark bore is still blocked by a molten magma plug, from which the swarms are emerging. At the back of the near room, a broad pool of magma remains, where SorchMan entered the area.
-=Battle Mode: Survival=-
- The swarms seem to keep coming in vast numbers.
- Endure the swarms until they stop coming without being overwhelmed.
- There may be ways to break the assault early.