WedgeMan watched Pirouette greet Late before evidently deciding he didn't want to be part of the conversation. The cell keeper reached an interesting part of his reading and buried himself in it, giving all the privacy he could without actually leaving his post.

As for Late, Pirouette's visible unease rubbed off on Late quickly. She seemed to understand there was some protocol that was preventing her from giving specifics. "I'll talk to Syne," she agreed with a nod, clearly hoping Pirouette had something more to give her.

As Pirouette continued, Late's brow only furrowed further over her eye mask. Whatever else she was thinking, it was clear on her face that she knew her friend and partner wasn't leaving that room for his old life any time soon. Late's mouth worked a second, and it was easy to imagine she was going to shout something before she gulped it down, screwing her eyes shut. The whites grew again as she glanced at the floor, then back to Pirouette. "That means a lot. Thanks... Well, if you wanna meet up again, you know where to find me. And when," she added. She obviously wanted to yawn there for effect, but nothing came out. "By which I mean, show up for the night shift and I'll have the coffee pot on for you."

Late gave her a clap on the shoulder then headed directly out and up to meet Syne.

WedgeMan remained as quiet as the furniture, casting his eyes to Pirouette one more time and either offering an inaudible goodbye or simply a grunt before she departed.

((Mission rewards to be posted on the BBS shortly.))