Scientist Rescue Mission

Voltman stayed sitting for the time being, propping himself up against the side of the elevator as the navi with the clicking armor and the floating weapons neared him. The situation had improved... slightly. Now Voltman knew what he was up against, and even better, what he was up against wasn't trying to kill him. Yet.
The scarf at Voltman's neck suddenly opened a communications channel. I can cut him off, you'll be able to make a silent kill if you prep something up your sleeve. With slightly more finesse than he made his entrance. Voltman closed the comms channel as the other navi spoke.

You have his scarf. The manner of speech was direct, blunt, and emotionless. The shifting plates that covered his armor, constantly shifting their positions to guard weaknesses, also covered his face. What Voltman could see of his face wasn't happy, though.
The sword waved through the air uncomfortably close to Voltman. He glanced at it uncomfortably, while he began to come up with a plan. There are four weapons, and only one of him... if I can get my hands on the sword and shield, I'll stand a better chance of fighting him. He shifted slightly to the side, masking it by sliding himself up on the wall slightly.
Who are you. Again. Just like the armor, there was plenty intimidating and nothing superfluous about the navi's speech. There was just nothing... superfluous about him. Trying to imagine him in the Onsen or at the Cafe just completely failed to take hold.

Voltman got up slightly, pushing himself up the wall with a grunt, holding his arm. Better to act sore and unassuming than to end up informed and dead. Ah well, then. I'd better turn it up to 11. Voltman stood to attention, giving a salute so sincere that it could only belong to a civilian.
Watt, civilian network navigator, Sir! I've been virus busting for about a year and a half now, full time. I was on a small run for upgrade money in Electown Net when the war started. Voltman looked downwards, slumping slightly out of attention. His voice quieted, and he shuffled his feet uncomfortably. There were... casualties. Everywhere. It's all well and good talking about fighting the good fight in public, but when it all comes down to it... He snapped to attention once more, staring straight into the shifting metallic face of the attacker.

The sword glinted in the dim light of the elevator, mere feet from Voltman's hand at this point. Then, a message arrived, and everything took a turn for the worse.
Voltman. Watch the weapons. They're not battlechips, they're Support Programs. You're outnumbered.
Voltman stopped momentarily, stunned into inaction. Hopefully, to Wall, it would be interpreted as more shell-shock, but he needed a new plan. Fast. He stalled for time, while Shigeru searched for battlechips to help.
That entire war... it was so... painful. To everyone. There's no arguing in situations like that. People change, they turn on you, they turn on those who had nothing to do with the war in the first place. He sighed. This topic was starting to become less facade and a bit closer to home. But regardless of who's to blame for the war, all that matters is how it's handled. I was able to serve with the Netpolice officer Dog in that war. And in that fight... well, suffice to say that it was good to see that someone would stand up to those that would hurt the civilians who didn't even choose to be in the war to begin with.

Voltman turned to Wall, the shifting face still giving no hints as to the intentions.
As to why I'm here today, sir, I'm on vacation for once. NetVegas is the place to be, you know? Gambling, good times... Whatever vice you need, they've got it. He picked up the end of the scarf in one hand, holding it up to the light. This... I kept this as a token of my success. When I saw the smoke in the middle of the city, I figured there might be some viruses harming a building. His voice became hushed, awestruck. But it turns out I'm right in the middle of an honest-to-goodness chase scene! He flipped the scarf around, striking what most people would think is a heroic pose. I managed to chase down the fleeing perpetrator! On foot! I knew that if the NetPolice were around, there had to be trouble, and this guy was around when the buildings collapsed! I almost got him, too... my sword cut a piece of his armor off right before he got away. I decided to keep it as a trophy.
He turned his attention away from Wall briefly, looking at the scarf.
This is really shitty armor material too, you know? That guy must be some kind of idiot.

Overview:
<Try to reason with the psychopath>
-TURN SPLICE-
(Bump)
(Bump)
"Nice try, kid. I doubt he'd thinka civilian navi could take me down... but it's your funeral. I don't see how he'll accept that as an explanation. Unless he's totally batshit. I have been making his life a living hell, though.[font=optima][size=75][/font][/size][font=optima][/font]" Voltman could almost hear the noncommittal shrug in Spool's voice. Spool obviously didn't really care about Wall, nor the problems he had given him.

"You you hurt Spool- tore away a piece of him? Yes, yes, you could hurt him you could kill him you will kill him." The babbling voice spat the words out in rapid succession, leaving no room for argument, figuratively and literally.

"Now." The last word held a conviction, and was spoken in almost a whisper. It was loud enough for Voltman to hear very clearly, though. In the background, the elevator's top sealed itself, and the SPs could be heard bending portions of it into place, and only two SPs remained inside the elevator, along with Wall. Wall coughed out a forced laugh that sounded more like gagging as he turned around and pressed a button on the elevator, which immediately responded (albeit creakily and jerkily) as the two began to rise once more, this time in a slightly more normal fashion without interruption.

"Nicely done, though I don't know if the illusion will hold up to the scrutiny of others...[font=optima][size=75][/font][/size][font=optima][/font]" Spool cautiously commented.
Voltman let out a sigh of relief as the elevator was returned to something closer to its original configuration. It operated, at the very least, even if it looked like someone had gone around three quarters of the elevator's roof with a can opener. Voltman shifted from foot to foot as the easy-listening muzak and the clicking of Wall's chitinous exterior only seemed to deepen the tense silence. The elevator beeped as it passed yet another floor, the sound unnatural in the near silence of the elevator. He coughed slightly, drawing attention to what he was about to say.
So, there's a criminal loose in NetVegas... how exciting! He struck what he hoped was a favorable imitation of a faux heroic pose. I'm helping catch a real live criminal with the NetPolice! This is so cool! But... if it requires the help of a navi so powerful as you, they're probably powerful too... Voltman stuck his hand out, a spear materializing. He grabbed it, sticking it on his back where two small sparks from his shoulder lightning rods ignited the head of the spear in a mass of sparks. The sparks continued down his armor, as intended, forming a thin layer of data that might protect him against a weak attack.

Sorry. I keep trying to not activate the spearhead programming, but I always seem to when I bring up my Super Ultra Combat Barrier. He sighed, staring gloomily at a small holographic display of the spear's data and structural integrity before shaking his head and pulling up a separate set of images. Battlechips Shigeru had sent him. He tilted his head from side to side as he spoke to Wall again.
If they're powerful enough to challenge you, I'd better have something to defend myself with. Ah! This will make steam, so I could get away! Voltman remarked, downloading the Littleboiler chip, as well as something extra... As the Littleboiler materialized at his waist, Voltman activated the second battlechip, the elecknife, and placed it in a rather unorthodox location. As soon as Voltman put the knife into the littleboiler, the water around it began to bubble...

But... if I may, sir, haven't you overlooked something? Voltman tilted his head slightly, looking at Wall. If any expression besides the normal sociopathy was present, Voltman wasn't able to tell. The plates just continued sliding. The kettle at Voltman's waist was beginning to grow uncomfortably warm, but he resisted the urge to drop it as well as he could.
Surely, if I'm going to be fighting a twisted criminal, I'll need to know more about them? The spear slung across Voltman's back sparked slightly, as he absentmindedly polished the buster that had taken the place of his right hand. A blue light seemed to surround the buster, the power contained within manifesting itself slightly, but Voltman took no note as he repaired a small scratch and brushed off a bit of soot from the previous time he'd used the battlechip.
The elevator was silent. The muzak had vanished, a spark from the spear shorting it out in what could have been an accident, or a distaste for the material. Regardless, only the spark of Voltman's spear and the clicking of Wall's armor sounded within the elevator. The floor counter at the front of the elevator beeped again as they continued their ascent through the elevator shaft. The air was charged with more than the electricity from Voltman's spear.
So on that note... the click of the Powerblast's firing mechanism filled the elevator tell me about yourself.

Voltman's buster never seemed to move. One moment he was absentmindedly cleaning it, the next moment it was aimed directly at Wall. The blue energy of the buster dispelled as the shockwave was released by the firing of the Powerblast. In the small space, the noise deafened Voltman. He took the liberty of imagining Wall's expletives in the stead of hearing them firsthand.

And as the attack had been firing a second, less noticeable change took place. The small lines of data that had been holding the spear and the kettle to Voltman's armor disappeared. The kettle fell to the floor with a clanging inaudible among the firing of the weapon, while the spear miraculously stayed upright for the time being, tilting over very slowly. Voltman grinned, gave a lightning-quick mock salute to Wall, and pushed the spear over as he disappeared. The last things Voltman saw as he teleported out of the elevator were the sparks from the spear shooting towards the metal surfaces that it approached.

Voltman appeared outside an elevator shaft one floor above where he'd been, the surrounding environment unnaturally peaceful considering what had taken place. He was about to change that. The lightning rods on Voltman's shoulders shone with energy as electricity from his core programming was rerouted to the two conducting towers. Simultaneously, bolts of lightning shot out, blowing apart the elevator doors to reveal the cables past them.
Yes, yes, I can hurt him I could kill him I will kill him Voltman mocked Wall's insane speech, adding a nasally tone to further demean the already twisted speech. God, what a prick. I can see why you and he didn't get along, Spool. Besides the obvious. A sword appeared from the end of what had been the Powercannon as it shrunk to the size of a sword hilt, as Voltman slashed at the supporting cables. He met resistance from the tough material, and the sword rebounded once. Grunting with frustration, he brought his arm back, and brought the sword around in a massive swing.
Somewhere in the shaft, the elevator beeped.

Overview:
-END TURN SPLICE>
<Siphon (40 HP Barrier)
1. Summon Littleboiler1 (Object, explodes 2 actions after being hit by an attack to deal [100 + Damage taken][Blast3] to all in range)
2. Prepare Electric Blaze (Prep for battle with "criminal")
3. Elecknife, slip inside of Littleboiler (60, +25 Elemental bonus, Elec)
4. Powerblast to Wall (90, Breaking)
5. Areagrab to next highest floor (Teleport)
<5a. Leave spear for Electric Blaze behind, zap the elevator (Supercharge elevator surfaces)(110, +100% due to Metal terrain, Slashing if the spear connects directly, Elec)>
<5b. Littleboiler detonates (100+85+110, Blast3)>
<Jolt [x2] to door of elevator shaft (40[x2], blast open doors)>
6. Sword to elevator cables (80, send elevator plummeting)
There was cacophonous shriek, echoing metal, Wall's voice, and the walls of the shaft as everything suddenly went to hell (for Wall) in unison. The noise was unholy. Anyone within a mile could probably hear it, along with the fact that it took out at least two floors. Not the explosion itself, but how it developed.

Wall didn't even expect a thing until the Powerblast hit him in the back, sending him spinning around and hitting the side of the elevator, hitting a bunch of buttons with his back as he slid, slightly stunned by the blast. His chitinous plates where his face should be slackened a bit before all of them cracked and a few sloughed off, revealing flesh woven together in a similar form of kevlar. What was revealed of a patchwork 'face' (if such a thing could be said to be such) opened slightly, making a keening sound before heightening into a wild shriek of pain and rage. If Voltman had remained there, he would have seen the 'face' form an expression of most exquisite surprise, perhaps one of the cracks in the armor forming an 'o' resembling that of horror stricken slightly opened mouth as he realized what was happening to the Littleboiler. Just a moment too late.

The explosion could also be said to be 'boiling up', the metal inside becoming superheated in an instant, the doors bulging and deforming with the sealed explosion within. With a chittered and deformed sound resembling a chime, the elevator arrived at its predetermined destination. The doors did not open, the Support Programs that wall had floating outside the battering on the top. Their forms were fluid and inconsistent, their reactions flimsy and frantic at once.

A Netpolice agent was prying open one of the doors when the electric blast blew the doors open, bursts of flame and electricity sending the navi tumbling to the ground, twitching and writhing as she tried to put out the fire while in the throes of electricity disabling her muscles.

Then Wall tumbled halfway out of the elevator, pieces of him completely melted, part of his face slipping down, his arm literally hanging by a couple pieces of whatever data material he was made from. His half-molten mouth opened and he roared as he let loose with quite a bit of fury, searching for his target as his Support programs raked the ceiling, once again given will. Not as conventional weapons, but as thin raking blades that constantly developed new protrusions that flowed into new blades piercing the ceiling.

Wall started crawling out of the elevator, making a horrible rasping noise as the remaining chitinous plates clashed and he panted heavily.

There was a grinding noise-

Then...

snap.

About roughly half of Wall made it out of the plummeting elevator. The other half wasn't so fortunate.

"GRrraaggkk." The gurgling rattle wasn't a good beginning to 'I'll find you, track you down, and kill you'. Perhaps the Support programs deploying spikes that went throughout the floor, its ceiling, and one even lodging itself in Voltman's armor would.

Then the spikes exploded.

Then the floor exploded.

Voltman was subsequently knocked on his ass, knocked out of breath, and left to ponder the mysteries of the universe.

There were, however, panicked voices going on vaguely beneath him, perhaps in the floor that the explosion had come from. Through one of the multiple holes that the spikes had created, he could see netpolice agents and medics alike moving on around, as well as quite a few people injured or otherwise incapacitated. Many less than were before. One floor was also missing. Another floor was somewhat also gone, although that one was more made up of craters resembling a warzone.

"Impressive, Voltman. You have a flair for ah, vindictive style.[font=optima][size=75][/font][/size][font=optima][/font]" The smugness in the voice was so thick you could probably cut it with a knife and serve it on bread. "I for one, doubt he's dead, though. That kind of navi wouldn't pull a suicide explosion unless he was sure he could get you. Probably a coward, too. Wouldn't want to die. Doesn't care about his subordinates either, it seems. Aren't you glad you're working for me?[font=optima][size=75][/font][/size][font=optima][/font]"

Voltman could discuss the workings of his relationship with Spool and move at the same time, hopefully, because those Netpolice operatives didn't look like they were going to be any less aware of the situation at hand. They were already scouting the area for anything out of the ordinary. Wouldn't be long before they moved up a floor, maybe two.

After all, the electric navi had a while to climb now. Or some stairs to go up.

Voltman.exe:200

Terrain: 40% Broken (Pieces of floor gone) 30% Normal (Office floor), 30% Obstructions (Cubicles)
A ringing sound filled Voltman's ears as he drifted in and out of consciousness. He tried to organize his thoughts...
There had been the elevator... I attacked Wall. And then... then... Voltman went cross-eyed as his operator chose the opportune moment to yell in his ear.
Voltman! Are you okay? That was awesome! Straightening out his vision, Voltman sat up with a groan. Shigeru had the sense to open a private channel, at the very least, so the nearby police couldn't hear them talking. Looking around, he checked the damage on his flo-
Damn! The Littleboiler didn't do THAT, did it? Voltman exclaimed, before realizing how loud he was being and backing away from the hole so the police navis wouldn't be able to see him.
No, that was Wall's work. He triggered some kind of explosive other than the ones the Support Programs used and... Shigeru motioned towards the image of the broken floor, a rather pointless gesture considering it was an audio-only channel.
No sense in waiting around, then. I've got to look for a staircase. Voltman checked around, looking for nearby signs, while his systems began to overclock as he prepared to speed up considerably...
Wait. Before you go, let's make sure anyone investigating slows down a bit... A small glowing object appeared in the middle of the floor, pulsing slightly as some internal countdown began. Voltman grinned, and ran off for the staircase.

Overview:
<Siphon (40 HP Barrier)>
1. Flashbomb1 (Summons 100 HP Flashbomb, in two turns explodes to deal [40 + Blind + Seeking + Stun1 + Blast4], +15 Elemental Bonus, Elec)
2. Look for stairs, go to stairs. (Tactical Movement)
3. Hyperspeed up stairs to 53rd floor (Teleport)
-End Turn-
By the time Voltman had gotten to the 40th floor, if he had been human, he would have been a sweating wreck, ready to fall over. By the time he had gotten to the 50th floor, the bits and pieces didn't look like they were standing up straight, and the stairs did not exactly look stable, what with the holes through multiple walls and chunks of the stairs missing as well.

There was a door on the 49th, 50th, and 51st that Voltman could enter. The handle on the 50th floor felt hot to the touch. 49th floor door had some chunks missing. The stairs up to the 51st floor looked rickety.
Voltman had a choice to make. He chose floor 50, because he thought that he'd be able to survive a fire.

(What, were you expecting something more?)
Upon closer inspection of the door, there were puffs of smoke emitting from the edges, which continued at a slow but steady rate. The handle was hot to the touch. There was only bits and pieces of static coming from the Scarf. Apparently the connection was going a bit bad.

Voltman could still hear the clamor of footsteps below, although far enough down that it shouldn't be any trouble. He could also hear some screaming further up.
Voltman glanced down the stairs as the sounds of pursuers started to become louder. He glanced at the smoking door once more.
Well, chances are good that no one will be stupid enough to go into a flaming infern... oh, screw it. Voltman summoned the Shield from his navi customizer and wrenched open the door, going into the room beyond.

(Shield active, going onto floor 50)
The door opened, and billowing smoke began to come out in large amounts, the heat was also incredible. Voltman could feel the acrid smoke and heat on his shields, almost literally draining them through the sheer dry heat.

Then the smoke began to draw back into the room.
Voltman looked briefly into the billowing clouds of smoke, as they flowed outward from the room and then... began working their way back into the room? That... it... Damn it, I don't know anything about fire! I'm an Electric navi, goddamnit! But to Voltman's eternal good fortune, benevolent powers from beyond the cosmos chose that moment to bestow him with a particularly useful piece of knowledge.
Backdraft...! Voltman dove to the side, shifting the shield to cover his back against the direction of the door.
With a rush of blistering heat that stripped his shield in an instant, the room filled with a expanding blast of flame that emptied out through the door. Not quite taking the brunt of the blast, but nowhere near out of the way, Voltman took some decent damage from the fire. (30) It probably would have been a lot worse if he had stayed where he was, although the only place that would have probably been fatal would have been standing straight in front of the doorway without doing anything after opening the door.

The backdraft had left some burns on Voltman, but fortunately, he was a navi and it would be a lot easier to fix than if a human had suffered from the same damage.

The room itself looked to be a former office, but now was a wreck of flames and burnt cubicles. There was smoke everywhere and it was hard to see, or breathe.

Voltman would not be able to stay here long without either succumbing to the effects of the smoke or simply burning to death.

Voltman: 170

Terrain: 5% Normal (scattered vaguely around in tiny patches) 60% Fire (For all intents and purposes, Furnace/Lava), 20% Furnace, 20% Coal (Burnt out pieces)

Special: Smoke: Area has smoke, and Voltman can have his data corrupted if he stays long enough. (6 Turns)
Voltman felt his shield collapse under the pressure of the fiery blast behind him, his armor charring from the heat. He got up moments later, as the heat had finally dissipated, and looked into the smoking abyss beyond.
Fire, fire, smoke, and more fire. Can't say I was expecting much better, but the smoke... I mean, you could cut blocks out of it and sell it for cheap building material. Voltman looked at the other doors in the hallway briefly, before hearing yet another indeterminate exchange from downstairs. A small notification popped up on his visor that his armor damage had been repaired. Leaping to his feet, Voltman turned to the flame filled room. Summoning his barriers, Voltman charged into the room at top spee-
Voltman! I can understand the scene with the elevator, but use your head here at the very least! Shigeru interrupted, stopping his navi's reckless charge in its tracks. Voltman turned, motioning frantically towards the stairs.
I... it... they... He sighed, and opened up a battlechip selection screen. Looking at the blaze behind him and the selection of chips in front of him, it wasn't long before... Nothing! We can't use Wind to clear the smoke or it will fan the flames, we can't put out the flames or the steam will make it even harder to see through the smoke-
-and I can't take the bag of feed over the river because the wolf will eat the chicken. I get it. Shigeru responded, looking through the chips for SOMETHING they could use. Their best ideas had proven bad ones, as the Wind and Aqua chips were both entirely useless, creating more problems than they solved. You know... it's the Net. This just might work. Shigeru commented, sending both chip types at once.

Voltman was silent for a few moments. He raised his hand as if to speak, lowered it, raised his hand again, and just sighed. No. Just... no. Shigeru's face fell, but in all fairness, he recovered quickly.
Well if you're not going to use my ingenious Water Fan, then we'll just use water! Removing several battlechips from his pocket, Shigeru uploaded them all.

Voltman's emblem suddenly began to glow a bright blue as the lightning rods on his shoulders dematerialized. The armor on his arms and legs turned into a clear crystal, water filling the canisters around his suit. The armor on his head transformed in a similar fashion, and Voltman summoned an icy barrier around himself. Splashman Cross! Signature attack activate, Aqua Blast! Hoses extended from the water reserves on Voltman's armor, funneling into a cannon materializing in his hands. Taking aim at the further reaches of the room, Voltman funneled as much power as he could into the cannon. The water reserve tanks on his arms and legs began to empty, gurgling as the spare water drained completely into the weaponized water pistol that his cross granted him (best idea for a navi EVER, right?). Taking a look around the room one final time, Voltman backed up from the nearest flames and aimed at the flames that WEREN'T RIGHT NEXT TO HIM, for fear of steam burns and blindness.

But fire was still rampant through the room. He only had so long before the room would be entirely incapable of being traversed. He'd better prepare...
Shigeru... there IS one way to put out all of these fires at once. Send the Aquaball... and hell, with all the fire, it HAS to absorb enough punishment on its own to extinguish the blaze when it finally went off. Without a word from the operator, the small blue ball appeared at the doorway and began to float calmly into the fiery abyss. Following its path, and the path of his previous blast around the room, Voltman looked for anything useful.

Overview:
<Dynamo (Heal 30 HP)>
1. SplashCross active (+10 to Aqua element chips)
<Siphon (40 HP Barrier)>
2-4. Charge Shot to Fire (128 damage, Aqua)
5. Aqua Blast to Fire (60, Aqua)
6. Aquaballoon into the room (Summons a 200 HP Aquaball, in 3 turns deals [10 + Damage Absorbed, To-All Clause], +10 Cross Bonus, Aqua)
<SPOT CHECK>
Steam rushed from the room pieces that he had put out, intermixing with the smoke to create a sort of vog that grated on the senses even more. Some of the rampant fires in the area were out, but still others raged on. The aquaballoon was taking some massive damage from the fire, but was in well expected limits.

Voltman, on the other hand was under the constant assailing of the smoke. The splashcross helped a bit, but he could barely see through all the vog. It was to the point that breathing it felt like something scraping out lungs with an eggbeater. With sandpaper wrapped around it.

There wasn't much else to say about the area except that about 30-40% of the fire was now steaming coals.

Voltman spotted something red on a far end of the wall.

Of course, most of everything in the room was glowing red, but this one appeared more of the 'metallic red'.

The exit signs in the place had been long since melted.

Voltman: 150

Terrain: 5% Normal (scattered vaguely around in tiny patches) 30% Fire (For all intents and purposes, Furnace/Lava), 30% Furnace, 40% Coal (Burnt out pieces)

Special: Smoke: Area has smoke, and Voltman can have his data corrupted if he stays long enough. (5 Turns)
Voltman coughed, looking around the burning area through an increasingly dirty visor. Wiping away a layer of grime, he took a glance around the room. Through the heat of the blaze, Voltman could vaguely make out... well, to be honest, only more fire. This room was a hellhole, plain and simple. Suddenly, another blast of heat and smoke flew to his face, making him cough even more. Even his own natural healing factor couldn't keep up with the rate that the heat and smoke was corroding his systems.
Cough, Cough Practically no effect from the last attack... Shigeru, we just have to try to get to... is that a door? Voltman pointed across the room, at what appeared to be a superheated rectangle of what could be metal. It certainly wasn't on fire, even if it was surrounded by fire, and that was a fair indication...
Voltman, if you can get to the door, do it. But this is a research facility, and there's a chance that there might be something valuable lying around. See if you can use this to get through the fire. Voltman grabbed the hilt of the Aquasword, looking at the heated room beyond. Water from his arm tanks flowed onto the hilt of the sword, as Voltman slashed twice in the direction of the room beyond. Two waves of water flew from the sword into the room beyond. Voltman rushed in, summoning another barrier around himself to protect himself (even slightly) from the blaze. He looked around the room, shading his visor to protect himself from the extreme brightness of the area around him.

Overview:
<Dynamo (Heal 30 HP)>
1-2. Aquasword to flames near door (80, +10 Cross Bonus, Aqua
<Siphon (40 HP Barrier)>
3. Shield protection to Voltman's back
4-6. SPOT CHECK
<Aquaballoon present>
The object he had vaguely seen through patches of smoke was actually a fire extinguisher, along with what looked like 3 grenades attached to its side in a glass case. They were obviously intended to be used along with it, and instructions read:

FIRE EXTINGUISHER USE:

[1] Hold this unit upright and pull the pin.

[2] Aim at base of fire and stand back five to ten meters.

[3] Pull trigger and hold on.

[WARNING: UTILIZING THIS WITHOUT PROPER REASON CAN RESULT IN WORKPLACE PENALTIES]

INSTA-FREEZE GRENADE USE:

[1] Pull pin of grenade.

[2] Count for approx. 2 seconds.

[3] Throw at source of fire, at least 10-20 meters away.

[WARNING: HAS A RADIUS OF TEN TO TWENTY METERS]

Voltman also saw a door off on the other side of the room. There was an elevator nearby as well, but he would probably be well within his rights to take the fire escape that was out a another door. Besides, he had just recently blown up the elevator of his own volition. Although there were multiple elevators, the ensuing explosion could have made them less than stable.

There were also several crates of:
EXPLOSIVES, DO NOT TOUCH OR INTRODUCE SPARK OR FLAME.
NETPOLICE PROPERTY.
THIS WAY UP.
[font=impact][size=75][/font][/size][font=impact][/font]

They looked to be incredibly well-contained, which was probably why they hadn't exploded yet, although one or two were actually being bathed in flame.

There was also a Shotgun in a plastic case on the wall, next to the fire extinguisher with a printed out sheet behind it, obviously meant as a workplace in-joke.

EMERGENCY USE ONLY.
USE IN CASE OF VIRAL INFECTION.
[font=courier][size=75][/font][/size][font=courier][/font]
Voltman flipped backwards as a burst of flame scoured the spot he'd been standing in not moments ago.
No good... my most powerful attacks, and the blaze is still going str... is that a fire extinguisher? All thoughts of his attacks' results were immediately put aside to consider his good fortune, and the programmers' foresight. I mean, it's smart, but it's not like they really expect the building to light... on... Realizing what he was saying, Voltman wisely chose that moment to stop talking. He felt his armor crisp nicely against the force of the flame, and pumped extra water into his personal reserve tanks to compensate. What he didn't expect was the drain that doing so would put on his system. Small but present, the rush of extra water had recharged his SplashCross signature ability. He had one shot, one burst of extra speed, and an extremely unforgiving amount of time left until the Aquaballoon exploded and covered this entire floor in steam, unstable ground, and more steam.
According to this map of the area... a single shot to the area around the extinguisher should clear the flames just close enough for your Hyperspeed to get you there... Shigeru told his navi, bringing up a map of what they knew about the floor. Not much, most of the floor was filled with MMGF (Meters and Meters of Goddamn Fire), but beside what was visible were lines of calculations that soon resolved to the simpler to understand "Pray to whatever deity you worship" line aside the dot representing Voltman's position.
Let's turn down the heat, then.Voltman fired two blasts of null element energy at the far door, hoping to clear whatever problems opening the door might cause before he actually had to open the door in person. Then, Voltman summoned a small targeting system, placing it on top of the cannon that he filled with the water he had replenished. The energy in his body built up as he prepared to speed across the heated floor faster than the eye could follow. Calculating firing trajectory... The targeting reticule hovered around a patch of flames that looked exactly like the rest, from Voltman's perspective, before locking onto a specific location. Our lady of blessed acceleration, don't fail me now...! Voltman muttered, before firing the cannon. A trail of steam was left in the air as the blast flew, with Voltman following in its wake after he saw the massive blast of steam, stopping only briefly to materialize a shield aimed at the flaming canisters, and a barrier to protect himself from the steam.

Overview:
1. Reroute (Sig Chill, Aqua Blast)
<Jolt [x2] to far door (Destroy door) (40, Seeking)[x2]>
2. Take Aim at fire near Extinguisher (Accuracy+)
3. Aqua Blast to fire near Extinguisher (60, Aqua)
4. Shield NCP towards Explosive Canisters (1-hit Shield)
<Siphon (40 HP Barrier)>
5. Hyperspeed to area cleared by Aqua Blast (Teleport)
6. Grab Fire Extinguisher/CryoBombs

(Probably useless note: Downstairs, the Flashbomb goes off now, I think)
The smoke is clogging Voltman's sensors more than ever, and he can barely see what's what. However, he does make progress, grabbing the fire extinguisher and cryo grenades respectively. Those explosive crates are starting to look as if they're crackling a bit.

That can't be good.

Voltman detects that his flashbomb has not gone off. He can't hear or tell what's going on with it.

Voltman: 120

Terrain: 5% Normal (scattered vaguely around in tiny patches) 30% Fire (For all intents and purposes, Furnace/Lava), 25% Furnace, 45% Coal (Burnt out pieces)

Special: Smoke: Area has smoke, and Voltman can have his data corrupted if he stays long enough. (3 Turns)