Scientist Rescue Mission

"Alright, cool. Light'em up." The voice is one of those voices. Filled with arrogance, that from the looks of it, is somewhat deserved. The drones instantly freeze, and project their tracing lasers everywhere.

Then two of them disappear as suddenly the shimmering field of terrain suddenly encompasses them, then pulls back. "Sorry about that![font=cursive][size=75][/font][/size][font=cursive][/font]" The scientist calls out sweetly, with a grin on her face.

"No biggie." As he says this, all the lasers instantly focus on Voltman. Then Voltman activates his Shadow. "Oh, fuck you, too." he says sardonically, a hint of frustration beginning to creep into his voice. It sounds like it's coming from several directions at once.

Then Voltman fires a zapring at him. It hit-... It hits. But what Voltman sees and senses seems to have a slight lag between what actually happens. The navi he fired it at- it goes through him.

Then he convulses in pain and it looks like it hit, with electricity spreading all over his body. What's up with that, who knows?

The Electrically gifted navi then teleports behind Alex and takes a spin with his moonblade. It slices and takes out two of the three Tracer drones, and there is that slight time lag again where the weapon actually hits, and Alex actually 'flinches' and the wounds appear.

"So you do have some-." he coughs. "Skill. Not enough." With that, he whips out a shiv and stabs Voltman. And with that, Voltman is suddenly hit with about three throwing knives in the back. His shield takes care of the brunt of it, but he still does take (50) nearly two full hits. Alex grins in Voltman's face, bleeding data from several wounds. "Whoops."

The scientist pauses in her work to notice what's going on. She very helpfully comments "He's doing something really weird![font=cursive][size=75][/font][/size][font=cursive][/font]" tersely before getting back to her work.

"So I take it you're Netmafia? If you surrender, we'll let your operator go. No need to ruin his life with some stupid crap like this- right?" On the 'right', he does something to his gun. Very briefly, Voltman can see something glow, like a blinking light. And there's two other blinking lights.

"And even better, you won't be dead." Then the windbox appears, and begins blowing. And suddenly, there's a slight expression of horror that appears and vanishes in less than a second off Alex's face. "Pff, everyone knows about superarmor, idiot." From the various bits of fear that cross his face and the way he tenses, you can tell he's completely bullshitting. The satellite 'hits' him the same way the others did, with a slight bit of lag.

Oh. Four more drones hop in through the giant hole on the top floor.

Two get eliminated by the field.

Top Floor:
Lachesis.???: 560 [Two more rounds]
Tracer DroneK: 60
Tracer DroneL: 60
Tracer DroneI: DELETED
Tracer DroneJ: DELETED
Tracer DroneD: DELETED
Tracer DroneE: DELETED

Middle Floor:
Tracer DroneA: 60

Lower Floor:
Alex.BOR: ??? [Stunned?]
Voltman: 180 HP [Tracked] (Take Aim * 6)
Tracer DroneB: 60
Tracer DroneC: 60
Tracer DroneH: 60
Tracer DroneF: DELETED
Tracer DroneG: DELETED
Wind: 100 [Satellite'd2]

Terrain:
Middle Floor: 15% Cracked, 30% Broken, Missing 55%
Residents:
Tracer Drone A (Broken), Tracer Drone B (Broken), Tracer Drone C (Cracked)
Lower Floor 25% Magnet, 10% Metal, 20% Broken, 45% Missing
Residents: Alex.BOR (Magnet), Voltman (Magnet), Drones B, C, H (Broken, Broken, Missing)
Upper Floor: 45% Broken, 55% missing
Residents: Lachesis.??? (Cracked), Tracer Drone K (Cracked), Tracer Drone L (Missing)
Voltman sent a burst of healing energy to his back to repair the damage, the bloody and grinning navi mere feet in front of him. You talk a lot of trash. Voltman remarked, sending a second wave of healing to repair the last of the damage. His barrier regenerated, and the shadows faded as the battlechip wore off. Now, the end of the scarf was caught in the gale force winds, and whipped around behind Voltman's head. That is, you talk a lot of trash, for a coward. Voltman summoned a spear, and two glowing balls of energy began to circle the top of the spear, soon followed by a third and a fourth. You're not about to catch my operator. You're not about to kill me. In fact, I don't see anything in your future past the next few minutes.

The energy on the top of the spear was joined by two more orbs, and the head of the spear began to glow a bright white. One last thing... Voltman said with a slight chuckle, grabbing the spear in both hands and aiming the head at the gun toting navi. Without warning, he spun around and aimed at the section of the building behind him. Your illusion sucks! Voltman's arms flew backward as the spear discharged all seven shots at once, the circle of energy orbs expanding to cover a wide area of the hallway behind him.
As they split into different directions, Voltman watched for one of the shots to disappear. A blue shield appeared on his forearm, large enough for him to stand comfortably behind. He raised it in front of him, to guard against counterattacks from the enemy.

Overview:
<Dynamo (Heal 30 HP)>
<Siphon (40 HP Barrier)>
<Jolt [x2] preparation for Buster Barrage (2 shots)>
1-5. Prepare buster shots for Buster Barrage (5 shots)
<Buster Barrage to behind Voltman (7 shots of 40)
6. Shield NCP (Guard against one attack)
"Not gonna fly, Boss!" comes the reply as Voltman begins speaking. "Nobody can read the future, most certainly not a thug like You.!"

With that, Voltman unleashes his barrage of shots.

He hits his target.

Or at least the holograms say so. They all turn toward Voltman, and level their weapons. Then-

A 'bang', and a muzzle flash goes off, directly to Voltman's right, about 20 meters away. A half-second later, the holograms fire their weapons.

A shot stops right in front of Voltman's Shield. Then vanishes.

It then proceeds to take the liberty to appear, right on the other side, and continue its movement.

Voltman takes it directly to the gut. He feels something creeping into his systems, as his Chips are shut down. Thankfully for him, he isn't using them.

"Let's see if this will work?[font=cursive][size=75][/font][/size][font=cursive][/font]" With that, the sphere expands, taking out the floor Voltman had previously been standing on, as well as all the drones that were there. The building starts sliding sideways. "Sorry ![font=cursive][size=75][/font][/size][font=cursive][/font]"

Whoops.

That is not good.

Not good at all.

A chorus of "Oh shit!"s ring out as Alex's illusions pop out of existence. He scrambles for cover, as things detonate in the area, what look like mines are dragged out of the ground by the pull of the collapse and tumble toward the side, exploding on and to the side of Voltman. The shield was a wise maneuver on his part.

"You- are- fu-fu-!" With this, a piece of stray debris hits Alex. He goes tumbling, head over heels, and manages to catch himself. He raises his gun and fires at the debris and Voltman wildly. The satellite goes soaring through the debris and hits him as well.

Three more drones soar in and are instantly deleted by the pulsing field. An additional drone stays outside, hovering there.

Top Floor:
Lachesis.???: 560 [One more round]
Tracer DroneK: DELETED
Tracer DroneL: DELETED

Middle Floor:
Tracer DroneA: DELETED

Lower Floor:
Alex.BOR: 220
Voltman: 80 HP [Tracked] (Take Aim * 3)
Tracer DroneB: 60
Tracer DroneC: 60
Tracer DroneH: 60
Rockcube: 200 [Satellite'd2]

Terrain:
Middle Floor: 45% Broken, 55% Missing
Residents: n/a
Lower Floor: 20% Cracked, 25% Broken, 55% Missing
Residents: Alex.BOR (Cracked), Voltman (Cracked), Drones B, C, H (Broken, Broken, Missing)
Upper Floor: 45% Broken, 55% missing
Residents: Lachesis.??? (Cracked), Tracer Drone K (Cracked), Tracer Drone L (Missing)
(Damn, forgot to say that all those shots had Seeking on them. Ah, well, shouldn't change the outcome much. I'll just continue on)

Chunks of rock rained from above as the building collapsed on top of both Voltman and his opponent. Voltman held his shield upward, and collapsed to the floor underneath it as a massive chunk of stone broke in half against the nigh-invincible barrier. Voltman watched with a slight grin as the stone collapsed on top of the illusion, passing through its entire form before the duplicate disappeared entirely. Voltman got to his feet unsteadily, the bullet wound in his side leaking data.
You are fu- fu- Alex's voice called out across a length of floor. Voltman straightened up, staring at Alex. No. Stop right there. This building is collapsing, and I don't have any more time for your bullshit. Voltman moved closer to the wall, to avoid some of the worse debris. He ignored the pain in his side, focusing a great amount of his energy into his emblem. The lightning bolt on the emblem crackled to life, electricity pouring out of its jagged edges. Sparks flooded around the armor, healing Voltman's wounds instantaneously.

Fully healed, Voltman stood tall and summoned up his shield again. Spool's scarf caught the wind and flapped along behind Voltman's head, only sinking briefly as pieces of debris fell past it. Voltman summoned a spear in front of him, let it fall to the ground, and blasted it with electricity. When the charge dissipated, the spear glowed with energy and the tip had converted to a semisolid mass of pure electricity. Voltman grabbed the spear, and charged. I don't need to see the future, all I need to know is that your present is fucked! Voltman moved the shield aside as he reached Alex, his form speeding into a blur to follow him if he attempted to flee. The spear became even brighter as power from Voltman's chest emblem flowed into it. Electric Blaze! Voltman swung the spear, discharging all of the energy that it had been charged with. A curved wave of energy flew the small distance between Voltman and Alex, and exploded.

Voltman jumped towards ground that seemed solid for the time being, and watched Alex's position carefully while he yelled up to Lachesis Let's get the hell out of here before reinforcements arrive! Shut that field down!

Overview:
<Passive: Dynamo (Heal 30 HP)>
<Passive: Siphon (40 HP Barrier)>
1. Power Surge (90 HP Heal)>
2. Shield NCP (Blocks one hit)
3. Tactical Movement (Get near Alex)
4. Hyperspeed after Alex to help negate dodging (Teleport)
<Jolt [x2] added to Electric Blaze)>
5. Rapid buster shot added to Electric Blaze
6. Electric Blaze [+Buster shot x3] (110 Elec Damage, Slashing) and (3 hits of 40, Seeking)
(Bump)
"Holy SHIT!" Alex screams, not at Voltman, as the Netmafia navi charges at him and gives him what for. He blocks one or two of Voltman's blows, but is ultimately driven to his knees. He quickly activates a barrier, now on his last legs.

He screams at Lachesis, whose field bursts outward, randomly altering terrain as it goes. And then the building, pieces completely missing, and parts of it now altered into random terrain, is FUBAR.

Alex and Voltman find themselves in something known as freefall, with a crapload of random debris that is 'terrain' falling with them.

Lachesis stays right where she is, as she apparently has Omnishoes.

"Uh. Sorry?[font=cursive][size=75][/font][/size][font=cursive][/font]" Lachesis apologizes, with one of those 'whoops' smiles on her face.

Uh oh.

Top Floor:
Lachesis.???: 560 [Floating]

Middle Floor:

Lower Floor:
Alex.BOR: 40 [Barrier200] [Two Rounds until impact]
Voltman: 120 [Tracked] (Take Aim *1) [Two rounds until Impact]
Tracer DroneB: DELETED
Tracer DroneC: DELETED
Tracer DroneH: DELETED
Wind: DELETED

Terrain:
Middle Floor: 55% Missing, 45% Random Harmful Debris

Lower Floor: 55% Missing, 45% Random harmful Debris

Upper Floor: 55% missing, 45% Random Harmful Debris
Voltman turned end over end as he fell, his vision filled with debris and a whistling in his ears. Alex was out of his vision, Lachesis was only a faint apology in the wind. Spreading his arms, Voltman attempted to stabilize his fall. But moments later, an all too welcome sound filled his ears.
Jesus christ man, what have you gotten yourself into while I was gone?! An image of a wide eyed Shigeru appeared on Voltman's visor as his operator reestablished a connection. Voltman spoke quickly.
Not my fault. Tell the doc that we're getting out of here, I'll do what I can to not die. Closing his end of the connection but leaving Shigeru free to communicate with him, Voltman put up a barrier and healed part of a wound from a massive rock that'd crashed into him when the building came back together. He formed his shield and held it above him to block any faster falling chunks, and tried to come up with a plan as the ground rose to meet him.

Meanwhile, Shigeru opened a small screen near Lachesis.
Hey, listen. Whatever's going on, the bottom line is that you and my navi down there are going to have to get out of here ASAP.

Voltman glanced at the skyscraper beside him, looking frantically around at the pieces of debris falling with him. He glanced at his jacket, shaking his head. Thoughts raced through his mind, options to avoid death.
This pack is powerful enough to send me up a skyscraper, but I can't just turn my fall into a flight. It sounds like my flight won't last long, but... The ground was getting closer. The doc can't hold both of us, if I'm anyone to guess... Maybe the kickback from guns? I'd fire a gun, absorb the blast with my shield... Certainly a large patch of ground down there... The fall doesn't hurt, but the stop would... No, focus, focus... If the doctor could... guide the flight...
Voltman snapped out of his reverie, finally able to focus on avoiding the ground instead of how close it was. He opened a channel to the doctor, hijacking the screen Shigeru was using.
Doc, stop just floating there! I have a plan, but I need your help. Fly down here ASAP.

Overview:
<Passive: Dynamo (Heal 30 HP)>
<Passive: Siphon (40 HP Barrier)>
1. Shield NCP from incoming harmful debris (Guard against one attack)
2. Stabilize fall
3. Brainstorm
4. Call for assistance from the doc
--TURN SPLICE--
"Uhmm-[font=cursive][size=75][/font][/size][font=cursive][/font]" Lachesis hovers there for a moment. "What do you need?[font=cursive][size=75][/font][/size][font=cursive][/font]" She says quizzically, as Voltman continues to fall at a very rapid pace.

Alex, on the other hand, activates something, then is immediately pulled upward to his drone. He proceeds to grab onto it. He then yells something that is whipped away by the cacophonous crashing of the building as he begins floating out of the radius of the building's collapse.

Top Floor:
Lachesis.???: 560 [Floating]

Middle Floor:
Alex.BOR: 120 [Barrier200]

Lower Floor:
Voltman: 150 [Tracked] (Take Aim *1) [Two rounds until Impact]
I need you to get down here, so I can get us the hell away from this jack out barrier! Voltman fumbled with his shield as he fell, aiming it towards the likewise falling Alex.BOR. I've got enough power to fly us out of here, but you're going to have to use your omnishoes to steer, and to make sure that when I run out of power we don't end up as a splatter on the pavement! Voltman looked down. So please, get down here before I crash!

-END APPARENTLY USELESS TURN SPLICE-

Overview:
5-6. Fall? (Air dodge)
(Bump)
"Oh, why didn't you say that-[font=cursive][size=75][/font][/size][font=cursive][/font]" Lachesis swoops downward, "In the first place?[font=cursive][size=75][/font][/size][font=cursive][/font]" She says asks Voltman, grabbing his wrist, gradually slowing their momentum. Wouldn't want the worst case of whiplash in history, after all. Voltman'll be the one to provide that bit, right? Alex is very swiftly floating away, now out of the range of most conventional chips.

"Hooo, boy. Okay, gonna wanna get out of there, any time now. They're getting on my ass now, too. Advice: Make it quick, boyo![font=optima][size=75][/font][/size][font=optima][/font]" Spool spouts from the scarf.

Top Floor:

Middle Floor:
Alex.BOR: 120 [Barrier200]

Lower Floor:

Lachesis.???: 560 [Falling]
Voltman: 150 [Falling]
Voltman let out a small grunt of pain despite Lachesis' best efforts to lessen the force of the deceleration. Reaching up with his other hand, Voltman pulled Lachesis in closer as began to initiate the program for the jetpack.
Hold on tight, because shit's about to hit the fan! It was as much of an explanation as it needed to be, and with their fall rapidly coming to an end not much else was needed. Several of his wounds patched themselves with electricity as the jacket let out several small sounds, lost in the wind.

Voltman braced himself for when hell broke loose, aimed for the most open path into Netvegas he could find, and activated the jacket.

Overview:
<Dynamo (30 HP Heal)>
1-6. Blast off!
(Bump)
If Voltman had anything like a spine, it would have been compressed as his back suddenly let off a single microburst.

A second passed as he was more flung than burst through the air. Then another microburst. Then another. Then two. Then three.

Then Voltman was out of the bubble, and he was still hurtling, Lachesis in tow. Nothing was stopping them from meeting an early fate face down into the building. Voltman had his netop's emergency jack-out to prevent that now- Lachesis might not be too lucky.

Realizing this, Lachesis started gradually trying to shunt backward, straining, then just let go of Voltman and began to try to reverse only her own momentum.

Voltman hurtled at a lot faster than terminal velocity toward another building.
THUD

The impact shook Voltman's torso, sending him flying at unreal speeds through the air. His back wanted to be much shorter for the impact, and his arms much longer for the doctor that was holding on. But with this kind of speed, they would probably make it out of the jack out barrier without too many pr-

THUD

Netvegas began moving backwards underneath Voltman at an appreciable pace. Several smoking craters marked the sites of Spool and Wall's earlier battles.

THUD

Netvegas accelerated again.

THUD
THUD

Voltman's vision blurred as the shocks from his jacket jarred him without bothering to damage his armor. All around him, the net flew past at spectacular speeds. Finally, a shimmer in the air in front of them marked the Jack out barrier. Not entirely visible, it let out a small sound like the air around it was sizzling.
And a moment later, they were free of the barrier. Traveling at high speed, yes, but they were fine. Just needed to find somewhere safe to hide.
Phew, just in time. My arms were starting to get tired keeping a hold on you, Doc. Voltman chuckled, and began to look for a landing zone for them to touch down.

THUD
THUD
THUD

And the world became a blur. Voltman's arms nearly wrenched themselves out of their sockets before Lachesis let go, slowing herself while Voltman continued onward. The ground and sky were only distinguishable by the change in color, individual landmarks lost in the speed. All but a few. Within Netvegas skyscrapers loomed above all else, monoliths so tall they could be located from anywhere in this net. At the moment, the one Voltman was having no trouble locating was rapidly growing in his view. Summoning every shield, barrier, and healing ability he had access to, Voltman prepared for impact.

Using:
Shield NCP
Siphon
Dynamo
Power surge
Voltman quickly discovers why he didn't use this method to infiltrate, when he hits a wall in that possible plan. Or rather, a literal firewall. Made of hexagonal panels of light, he impacts with a cracking as the net ripples around him for a moment. His momentum is enough to shatter it, however.

It cracks, and detonates, all in an instant. Voltman, barely even slowed, passes through the former barrier, and straight into the building. The scarf whirls about, providing a brief tiny moment of protection before it is destroyed, then the shield crumbles as well.

The poor navi hits the ground of the thirty second floor of the building, going straight through it, and the next floor below that, then hitting the thirtieth floor with a horrible tumbling motion that looks more or less like a ragdoll.

There are a lot of bad, bad noises that are made along the way as joints that aren't supposed to bend that way, do so. Voltman's body careens to a stop.

He's not in the best of shape, and any more damage could cause him to begin falling apart, but at least the auto-repair routine is keeping his limbs mostly intact.

Mostly.

Voltman: 30 HP

Voltman blacked out as he hit the firewall, the sudden decrease in speed cracking his armor severely. But that was only the beginning. He violently awoke to the sound of his arm snapping at the elbow, bending backwards as it was held back momentarily by the 32nd floor. Shards of his armor detached as he flew through the floors of the building, revealing a bodysuit underneath crackling with electricity. When he finally crashed to the last floor, Voltman's armor had been completely destroyed. Portions of his bodysuit were beginning to leak data, incredibly damaged. Even his electricity was starting to fade.

But he'd survived. Ignoring the pain, Voltman used his whole arm to push himself upright, and then gathered what little energy he could from the building he was in to turn his arm the right way around, and stop some of the leaking data. Standing up, Voltman placed a hand on the wall and rerouted a small portion of its energy to regenerating his power surge ability.

He breathed a sigh of relief, but though he'd survived the crash, he still had a mission to complete. Voltman looked around to assess the situation, and back through the ceiling where he'd crashed. Thinking for a moment, he also tried to locate a window to see if the doctor was still around somewhere.

<Dynamo active (Heal 30 HP)>
<Reroute used on Power Surge (Sig Chill)>
The scientist was nowhere to be seen, and since the scarf had evaporated, there wasn't really a way for Spool to contact him. Wait a second.
Voltman, tired and beaten, jacked out and prepared for the next phase of the mission.