Into the Woods

Machman maintained his altitude as he surveyed the situation.
[[i]We have 3 viruses remaining. Engaging.[/i]]
As he made a wide banking turn towards the viruses, Aera activated a recovery program and sent it coursing through Machman's frame to replenish energy and repair some of the damage caused by the toxic spores. Machman pointed his nose towards the closest boomer, and a missile materialized under his fuselage. Unlike the others, this missile had no warhead, just a solid chunk of iron designed to smash it's target to bits. The warhead was supported by a powerful solid fuel rocket engine, and had multiple fins to stabilize it's flight. As Machman approached his target, he pulled up multiple visual feeds from his Overwatch sensor grid. Using the information from the sensors, he plotted out the virus's position, course, and speed. Using that information, he sent an infrared beam from one of the sensors and "painted" the area he wanted to send the missile to.

As soon as the beam was activated, he jettisoned the missile and it rocketed ahead like a dart. A small camera quickly found the infrared beam and used it for guidance as it streaked towards the ground. The missile impacted with a loud thud and kicked up a cloud of dust and debris. As the dust settled, Machman's weapon blisters slid open to reveal a pair of triple-barreled vulcan guns. He throttled up as he began his strafing run. He set his gunsights on the second Boomer virus and opened up with a roar. The 30mm vulcans spun wildly as they spewed a dual stream of armor-piercing rounds downrange and towards the boomerang virus. The impacts of the bullets sounded like a rumbling freight train as they tore up the ground and hopefully its target as well. As the vulcans depleted their ammunition and retreated to the weapon blisters, Machman continued to dive to the ground and picked up speed. He angled himself towards the remaining Needler virus and kicked on his afterburners. He exploded forward with a boom as he broke the sound barrier. A protective veil formed over his frame and he attempted to use the veil to crush the virus with his increasingly large inertial force.

After passing the virus, he throttled down and banked hard to return to Red and Myun on the ground behind them. He banked towards his allies as his engines swung downwards in their frames and his hover thrusters kicked on. He then hovered several feet ahead of Red, and turned back towards the viruses. As he did, the lines on the surface of his cockpit began to glow. Aera was pumping electric current into the channels on the cockpit surface, causing the glow and preparing to unleash an electric blast if any viruses were to attack.

ACTIONS:
Machman
Aera: Heal Machman (Recover 17HP)
CannonBall: BoomerEXB (150dmg + Break) [+ Take Aim]
Rising Barrage: BoomerEXE (100dmg + Break + 4TCD + Strategic Action) [Dive from High Altitude]
DashAttack: NeedlerEXE (90dmg + Impact)
Strategic Action: Shield Red and Myun from attack
Aera: Attack: 1 attacking virus (35dmg Elec)
Afterburner Cooldown Action
"Work it out!" Shin yelled, snapping Red out a momentary reverie that occurred after the first little skirmish of the battle. The enemy had been massively wiped out, but there were still some remnants left.

She'd be sure to take care of some.

"SideBamboo and Cannonball, let's roll," Red sighed, snapping her fingers. A ray of sunshine soothed some of her wounds suffered from the recent attacks as the red-caped wonder surveyed the area.

"Roger that, go help Machman out," Shin commented, letting out a low breath as he slotted the chips in.

"No problem," the crimson crusader replied, smirking as she charged something in her right fist with green energy. Facing one of the Boomers, she violently swung her arm from right to left, summoning a Kilby virus next to the Boomer. Following the navi's arm motions quickly and rapidly, the shadowy creature grinned widely with its yellow mouth before suddenly thrusting a lance with dangerous velocity at the Boomer it was at the side of. Cackling menacingly, the shadow seeped back into the ground.

Activating the next chip she requested, the fairy-tale fighter reverted back to her old self as she cheerfully pulled out a bowling ball from within the depths of her picnic basket. Grinning playfully, she winked at the remaining Needler and sent the heavy projectile rocketing toward the virus with an expert toss.

Noticing Machman providing some cover, Red and Myun bounced back one grass panel and watched out for incoming attacks to dodge, if any. The rabbit unit, wary, prepared for her ears to lash out if an enemy should attack.

"I hope that's the last of it," Shin sighed, nonchalantly accessing the Colosseum webpage.

Turn Summary:
*Sunshiny Day: Heal 15 HP to Red
1. SideBamboo1 to BoomerEXB [80 +15(Elemental Bonus)+10(One Opponent) = 105 Wood DMG + Piercing]
2. Cannonball to NeedlerE [150 DMG + Break + Impact]
3. Tactical Movement behind Machman's Guard
4-6. Dodge to Grass Panels

Myun's Actions:
*Run Myun Run: Movement behind Machman's Guard
*Rhythm Boxing to any-incoming virus [2x10 DMG]
1-3. Dodge to Grass Panels.
The two navis showed no mercy against the remaining viruses, but also took caution for any counter attacks. The remaining viruses stood no chance against the navis and simply perished as they were bombarded by attacks after attacks. When things calmed down, the seeds that was planted not so long ago bloomed and exploded in a destructive wave. Grim was able to shield his partner by using his own body as a shield and the rest was simply evaded!

-Far Behind-
PuffBallA: DELETED
PuffBallB: DELETED

-Behind-
KillPlant EXA: DELETED
KillPlant EXB: DELETED
KillPlant EXC: DELETED

-Front-
Needler EXA: DELETED
Needler EXB: DELETED
Needler EXC: DELETED
Needler EXD: DELETED
Needler EXE: DELETED

Boomer EXA: DELETED
Boomer EXB: DELETED
Boomer EXC: DELETED
Boomer EXD: DELETED
Boomer EXE: DELETED

-Surrounding-
Skeeter EXA: DELETED
Skeeter EXB: DELETED
Skeeter EXC: DELETED
Skeeter EXD: DELETED
Skeeter EXE: DELETED
Skeeter EXF: DELETED

Terrain: 50% Normal, 50% Poison [Checkered Pattern]

Red: 210 HP
Myun: 80 HP

Machman: 67 HP
Aera: 40 HP

-BATTLE WON!-
Red: 1900z + 102 BugFrags + 10 FXP + 1 FXP Extra
Mach: 2200z + 102 BugFrags + 10 FXP + 2 FXP Extra
"Whew! What a ride!" Red exclaimed stretching her arms.

"Those Wood towers came really close though," Shin sighed, turning his eyes to Machman.

"We can heal him next battle! It'll be alright!" Red said, pumping her fist into the air. "Whaddya say Mr. Machman? Ready for another one? We'll beat the next guy quick and rush to the tournament! Are you ready!?" the red-caped wonder shouted motivationally, her burning spirit coursing through the battlefield.

"Well, you better hurry up, who knows when the next round will start?" Shin sighed, seeing no updates from the Colosseum homepage.

"That's why I said we're going to beat the next guy really quick! Are you up for it Mr. Machman, Ms. Aera?" the crimson crusader inquired, bubbling with fighting spirit.

((Battle 5 if Grim wants it))
[[i]I think we should be good to go.[/i]]

Mazer's face popped up in a window that opened between Machman and Red.
[Hey Mach, I wish we could continue, but it looks like the 2nd round of the tournament is starting momentarily.]
Aww... I really enjoyed busting with Red and Myun. But it sounds like Red is in the tournament too.
[[i]Sorry Red, but I guess we'll have to cut our adventure short. How about we meet back together after this round?[/i]]

Machman transforms in a glow of cyan light, and both Aera and him stand on the grassy floor in front of Red and her SP.

It was a pleasure to meet you all. I hope to see you again after the tournament!
Good luck at the tournament!

Mach and Aera glow a bright cyan as they beam out of the network and back into Mazer's PET. A small packet of data remained floating in the air near Red, and it silently floated to her hand.

Red GET: Mazer's Email: M.Patrovski@PSAOM.org

((Logged Out))
"They were a nice couple, weren't they, Shin?" Red inquired, a bit down from having to leave so quickly, but exuberant that they would get the chance to meet again.

"Yeah, they were, Red. Well, you heard 'em, the second round's starting, don't wanna be late," Shin reminded.

"Alright, let's go! To victory!" the crimson crusader cheered.

As the navi and support program disappeared in a flash of red light, the red-caped wonder could feel something calling out to her from below the network. That certain emotion, she would surely try to meet it head on the next time.

((Logged out, to be continued at a later date in Yumland Rogue Net.))