Bonding

Lavaman's circuits lit up as he realised what had happened. He heard Rafael say something to the girl, and then jacked him out.

(May return to this topic. May not.)
Rafael walked around for a while and went and browsed in an electronic shop. At first he didn't much like what he saw, and didn't for a long while. Then he heard the man behind the desk yell at his computer.

"What's wrong?" asked Rafael.

"Stupid thing won't open up my webpages!" replied the store clerk.

"Allow me," said Rafael, and jacked Lavaman in. In unison, the shouted, "Bring it awwwwn!"

[That isn't being illiterate, that's how they said it]
Virus Attack!

KilbyA: 90
KilbyB: 90
ENGBall: 100

Lavaman: 100

Battle 1 Start!
Lavaman laughed in relief. "Finally," he said. "Some easy ones!"

Rafael fiddled with the PET as he tried to jam in a Canon chip. "It's not working!" he said frantically.

"Duh, that because I'm rejecting it," replied Lavaman. "Gimme a Rageclaw."

"I didn't know you could do that," said Rafael in surprise, sliding in a Rageclaw.

"You couldn't," explained Lavaman. "Until I wrote the program."

"You managed to finish a program!?" exclaimed Rafael in surprise. "You've never done that before!"

"I didn't finish it," said Lavaman. "It'll implode in about an hour."

"Implode?"

"Like, disappear. It won't work."

"Will anything else happen?"

Lavaman gulped. "I hope not."

In silence, Lavaman's arm evolved into a furry claw. He sent off a tiny electrical charge through his PET and Rafael got a sting, but it was to warn him. He was about to get acrobatic. Fast as anything, he ran up towards a Kilby, and dove over the top. After he hit the ground, he rolled back and sliced as hard as he could in the vague direction, twice.

[Summary:
Rageclaw at KilbyA (40)
Rageclaw at KilbyA (40)
Dodge]
The kilby is hit twice. It fires some shafts of bamboo, but misses.

KilbyA: 10
KilbyB: 90

Lavaman: 100
Dodging the bamboo, Lavaman strikes his free hand out at the last shaft. He rushed right up to the kilby, and the bamboo burns to ashes. In its place is a long sword, a red glow eminating from the blade. He slashes at the kilby with the furry law, then launches himself off its back. At the highest point in the air, he leans forward so he is coming down nose-first at the next kilby. He throws the sword in midair, which swings like a boomerang down at it.

Lavaman and Rafaelk smiled in unison as it misses by an inch. Now only a few inches away, he swiped out as hard as he can with the claw in his right hand, before roll as he hits the ground. He stands up wearily and readies to dodge.

[Summary:
Rageclaw at KilbyA (40)
Rageclaw at KilbyB (40)
Dodge]
"That... was cool," said Rafael eagerly. "And you did it without me telling you to!"

"I programmed it into my code."

"Did you finish this program?"

"Yes, and I'm glad."

"Damn right. What's that?"

A small hole had appeared in the ground. It reached into the blackness, and was not growing or becoming any smaller.

"Dunno."

"Did the program have a bug?"

"Nope."

"Maybe, we could throw one in there?"

"Maybe."
Lavaman walked up to the hole and peered down.

"It's not very deep," he said. "Maybe an inch."

"We'll have to keep an eye on it," said Rafael in reply.
((Adding holes to the battleground?))

Both Kilbies are struck. A reed of bamboo pops out of the hole and peirces lavaman's stomach.

KilbyA: DELETED!
KilbyB: 50

Lavaman: 70
(( I needed something to bump with, I didn't think it would be dangerous thanks to you. I think I could use the hole considering you did - if not, then I'll come up with an alternative))

Lavaman readied himself to fight again, and spoke to Rafael.

"Emit gis," he said. Rafael replied in a puzzled way. "Emit gis!" he said again.

"You're speaking gibberish, Lavaman," Rafael said. "Maybe the bamboo had a virus."

Lavaman spoke again. "Siruv diputs tath!" Then he realised. He was talking backwards. He began to speak in what he thought was backwards. "Sig kcatta!" he spat.

Rafael interpreted his speech. He was telling him that he was going to use the signature attack. He nodded.

Two red hot arms erupted to the ground, attempting to grapple KilbyB to the ground. Ignoring the Kilby, Lavaman bolted to the ENGBall and slid behind it. Using some leverage from the ground, he pushed as hard as he could in its direction, lined up so that it would be pushed towards the hole which was spouting bamboo. As he did, he pinched with his Rageclaw.

[[Summary:
Lavabind at KilbyB (40) (Bind)
Rageclaw at ENGBall (40)
Push towards the spouting bamboo (30, if your damage is anything to go by)]]
The Kilby is burned down by the firey arms. The claw bats the ENGBall, which then slams into Lavaman as he tries to get close.

KilbyB: DELETED!
ENGBall: 60

Lavaman: 50
Lavaman didn't really care what Rafael wanted to do at this point. He had a home stretch, and the ball was already in the air, but he was going to go for home base anyway. Launching himself into the air, he flew towards the ENGball, but fell short around three metres away. Undeterred, he skidded along the floor then rolled up close, and sliced as hard as he could towards it. As he moved past, He heard Rafael say something but he didn't quite hear.

As he was about to start running for a second attack, his left arm was engulfed in a Canon. He smiled. Running so he was close up to the last virus, he set off a massive blast, but he angled it so he was slammed into the ground. He was still quite close, so Rafael slotted in a Shotgun chip, which Lavaman promptly used to let off a shot at his enemy. As he was on the floor, and he aimed down his body so he got a good shot, he was flung in the opposite direction until he skidded to a stop.

[Summary:
Rageclaw (40)
Canon (50)
Shotgun (40)]
((Mixed up the damages for cannon and shotgun, FYI.))

Lavaman goes overkill, bashing and blasting the ball repeatedly before it finally shatters.

KilbyB: DELETED!
ENGBall: DELETED!

Lavaman: 50

Rewards: 500z
Rafael smiled at the cash register man and left the building. He caught the train into ACDC town, and bought himself a Sword chip. He then caught the train back, itching to try out his new toy.

"Where do you want to go, Lavaman? We can take anyone!"

"Don't get pigheaded, balloon-brain."

"Whatever. Where do you want to go?"

"Yumland net."

"Nothing special, I see. Alright then - maybe we'll get attacked by a laptop ad."

Walking over to the Internet Cafe a block over, he jacked in Lavaman and began to psyche himself into battle mode. He was going to need to really see what Lavaman could do with his first sword.
He was gonna need that sword, for three spikeys and a MAgtect come over the horizon at him.

SpikeyEXA 100HP
SpikeyEXB 100HP
SpikeyEXC 100HP
Magtect 90HP

Lavaman 100HP

BATTLEROUTINE...SET>>>EXECUTE
Rafael slipped in the new Sword chip, and Lavaman flexed his new weapon. He said something Rafael couldn't understand, but it sounded a little like "Bring it".

"Now, Lavaman," said Rafael. "Remember not to go nuts here."

"Whatever," said Lavaman, and rushed towards the first Spikey. He dived forwards, aiming directly at the Spikey, and at the last second swung himself down so that he was in mid-roll. As his head moved down he struck out his arm in the direction of it, then continued the mid-air roll so far for a second slash. When he broke apart he landed on his feet an prepared for an evasive move.

"Whoa," came Rafael's voice. "Is that another program?"

"Hell no," replied Lavaman. "That was sheer spontanaety."

[Summary:
Sword at SpikeyEXA (80)
Sword at SpikeyEXA (80)
Dodge]
Lavaman rushes forward, cutting down a Spikey. One fires back, but misses.

SpikeyEXA DELETED!
SpikeyEXB 100HP
SpikeyEXC 100HP
Magtect 90HP

Lavaman 100HP
Once more, Lavaman moves to attack a Spikey, but Rafael stops him.

"What?" he says. "Why'd you stop me?"

"Because you're being stupid."

"I beg your pardon?"

"Go for the head, not the body."

"But the body is a bigger target and easier to hit."

"But it looks cooler when the head comes off."

"Smartass."

Lavaman resumed his attack, thrusting his sword towards the Spikey. Instead of stopping, he continues to move forward, then jumps over it. As he is above it he rockets straight down towards his opponent, arm outstretched. At the last second he flipped over to land on his feet, and readied himself for an attack.

"How the hell do you keep coming up with these moves?"

"I don't have a clue."

[Summary:
Sword at SpikeyEXB (80)
Sword at SpikeyEXB (80)
Dodge]
The spikey falls, but the remaining two manage to attack, only one hitting.

SpikeyEXA DELETED!
SpikeyEXB DELETED
SpikeyEXC 100HP
Magtect 90HP

Lavaman 70HP
[[ You are so hard to please ]]

Rafael is talking to someone in the real world so Lavaman takes it upon himself to go ape on these guys. First, he simply charges at the remaining Spikey, thrusting out with the sword arm towards it. Afterwards he rolls to the side as Rafael realises what's going on and sends in a Shotgun chip, telling Lavaman so.

As he finishes rolling he sets off a massive burst towards his opponent, then stands ready for an attack.

[Summary:
Sword at SpikeyEXC (80)
Shotgun at SpikeyEXC (50)
Dodge]