The winter time battles

The Blue virus took the opening the Red had just created, and executed its attack... The barrel glowed with amassed energy, then flashed as it fired an enormous beam into the field it had created before the barrel. The moment the beam struck the field, it split and scattered countless smaller beams before it like a shotgun blast, sending the fragmented beam raining down upon the two riflemen, and destroying Daisy's shield.

The NP Medic, still shaking from the loss of yet another of her men, saw the virus' attack... "NO! Not again!" she managed through clenched teeth as her right arm changed into a long barreled cannon. "Eat Tank Cannon you flying FREAK!" she all but screamed as the pulled the trigger. The weapon actually knocked her off of her feet as it blasted the virus with enough force to drive it off before it could fire again.

The Riflemen recovered from the hit, and began firing at the viruses. The Blue virus, still off balance from being blasted by the cannon, wasn't quite able to evade the attack, and took several hits before it pulled away. The other NP took aim at the Green virus and cut loose, but the wickedly agile virus dropped under the volley, evading the attack... Only to be struck by a fast-ball energy-bomb pitch from Capuchin.

Meanwhile, Daisy took aim at the hovering Red virus, and nailed it with a Wideshot. The virus spun to face it's tormentor, then defly boosted over the follow-up Wideshot while painting Daisy with a targeting laser. A moment later the guns on the underside of the virus blazed to life, pummeling the Navi with 20 buster shots in less than a second. It was preparing to fire again when Daisy took aim with her next chip, which prompted the virus to take off into the heavens to evade the attack... But Daisy still managed to tag it with the steel spike. The Green virus was slightly more prepared for Daisy's attack, and barrel rolled out of the way, then pulled up and out of sight.

The two NP Riflemen attempt to capitalize on the opening they suddenly had, and began firing at the fleeing Red virus. They fired at where the virus would be a couple of seconds later, leading their target for a decisive kill... only to be denied as the virus killed it's engines, pitched over backwards, and dove for the ground. It was just about to pull out of the dive when Capuchin's pitch tagged it with another energybomb, blasting the virus into tiny pieces.

Capuchin dashed towards the Blue virus, brandishing her staff weapon. She then slammed one end into the ground, and attempted to pole-vault into the air to strike at it. Her plan seemed to work as she rose towards the virus, until she noticed herself falling away from it a moment later... The cracked ground had given way beneath the pole, and dumped the Navi into a pit, where she landed rather hard.

This wound up being fortunate for Capuchin, as another tank cannon shell flew through the space she'd occupied a moment before. The shell went wide of the virus, causing the Medic to swear something unintelligible as she pulled the slider on the gun and fired again. The Blue virus flipped upside down, and dove hard to avoid the attack. This is when daisy served the Rockcube like a volleyball, and spiked it at the Virus. It had no time to execute another evasive action before it was clobbered and crushed by the flying brick.

This is when the Green virus executed it's ambush... As the Rockcube struck the blue virus, the Green one roared over the top of the cube and fired its rockets at the Riflemen. The first one took several hits, and was knocked off of his feet before he could react. The second was simply deleted where he stood as a half dozen scored hits, blasting the Navi into data fragments. The virus continued it's attack as it flew towards the only remaining Rifleman, but it's plan went awry as it bashed into Daisy accidentally, and was thrown off course.

As Daisy collapsed to the ground, unconscious, the remaining Rifleman rolled over onto his side, and pointed his rifle at the virus. As he switched his weapon over to it's secondary fire mode, the virus turned towards him and began firing again, trying to finish the Navi off. "LIFEAURA!" He heard as a silver barrier rose up to shield him from the virus's guns.... With only a moment's hesitation, he pulled the trigger, lancing the virus with a beam shot, and deleting it.

As Daisy regained consciousness, she saw the Medic skid to a stop next to the Rifleman and began healing the injured Navi.

The sword lay forgotten...

----------------------------------------------

Victory!

--Allies--
NP Rifleman A: Deleted
NP Rifleman B: 32 HP
NP Swordsman: BURNINATED
NP Medic: 60 HP

--Players--
Capuchin.exe: 90 HP [In a pit.]
--Attack+10
--1000 Zenny

Daisy.exe: 60 HP
--BusterUP
--1000 Zenny

Optional Reward:
--Custom Weapon: Ancient Sword
"OOoooooh..." Capuchin groaned as she managed to slowly sit up. "That wasn't as comphy of a landing that I wanted..." She slowly rose up and looked around her area. "geeze...where did I go?"

"Y-You fell into a pit." Aida informed, she had watched it all and was holding back all her worry. "You not hurt are you?"

The navi happily shook her head. "Nope, not really. Though the fall did somewhat hurt...I'll live though. We need to get back up there and check on the others." She felt the walls of the pit feeling for grip anywhere. "By the way...how did we fair out?"

"Seems that we have won." Aida said happily, "We even got a very nice reward. There's a chip in here too..."

"AH! A CHIP A CHIP A CHIP!" Capuchin gave a happy cheep and did a backflip. I just love chips! I can't wait to use it and beat some more viruses..." The monkey navi halted her little dance for a moment to realise she was still in the pit. "Eheheh...lets get out first." She began to attempt to climb out.

Daisy slowly came to, and her eyes gave a hazy view of the area. Her mind still unclear as to what had just transpired, that was until she heard Virgil's voice. "Daisy! Daisy! Daisy, are you alright!" he said, Daisy letting out a slight moan as she tried to get up. "Wha, what happened?" Daisy asked, spotting the medic at a highly wounded NP navi.

"It seems like the battle is over, and you nailed the virus with the rockcube." Virgil said, the screen now by Daisy as she manages to stand up. "It seems like the patrol lost another member, but they fought valiantly from what I can tell... And the monkey navi somehow fell down a pit." Virgil then said, the screen turning around to get a view of the area. Daisy began walking towards the medic. "I could help you heal him, if it is alright.

Virgil's screen was slowly spinning, surveying the surroundings when something caught his eye. The blade that the raccoon seemed to have grabbed was lying on the ground near where the swordsnavi had fallen. It placed the blade there... almost as if it was there to respect the fallen... Seems like there was more to that chip then I thought. said Virgil in his mind, the screen turning towards the medical navi, and moving to be within talking range. "Excuse me, sorry if what I am about to ask is out of line for a civilian, but the sword of your fallen comrade... Is there anyway we could keep it as a way to show any other patrols that we are allies to the NP? Or will you just mention us in a report?"
The NP Medic looked up from the Navi she was healing, and spoke in an even tone "No, I'll be able to heal everyone in my squad on my own. But thank you." her head tilted and she smiled as she finished.

As Virgil addressed her, she turned back to helping her injured comrade, but spoke to him quietly as she worked "Those things... They came out of nowhere. We never heard them until they attacked. Those monsters slew three of my men before we could respond...." She looked up at Virgil "My name's Doc Patcher. I'm a lieutenant with the NetPolice and commander of this unit. I thank you for your help, and will include both of your Navi's actions in my report. You are welcome to keep the blade. Just be careful if you run into them again." She stopped speaking, and returned to her work.
"Holy." Was all Virgil could muster. Just three of those were able to take down a patrol of around 7 navis... something was not right about that. Were they created? Did they come from the undernet? Virgil had questions that no one can give an correct response to. Daisy took the time to respond to what the Medic said, "Well, Virgil seems to not have heard of them before, or seen them before either. It's nice to meet you Don Patcher, and I think we will be more careful." Daisy went to where the sword laid, and picked it up, and went to the pit Capuchin was in, and reached down into it with her free hand. "Need any help getting out?" Daisy asked.

((Get one sword))
Capuchin managed to climb a ways up. Just enough to reach Daisy's hand. She gave a smile as she grasped the hand. "Thanks Daisy." She could now see a bit out of the pit and began to look at the aftermath. "Did everyone make it out okay? Geeze what were those virri? I never saw any type like that before. Did you ask the NP group what kind of virus they were?"
"Doc Patcher did not seem to know what they were." Daisy said to Capuchin, as she tried to pull her monkey friend out of the pit. "Oh, Patcher is the medic." Daisy added, before Virgil started to look at the spoils of the battle.
Zenny and... wait, I thought this chip was nolonger made? I wonder if... "Er, Capuchin, what was your spoils of this battle? As in, what chip if any you got? Because the one I got I thought wasn't made anymore..." Virgil asked the lovely monkey navi.
"Wasn't made anymore?" Capuchin thought about this for a moment as she finally emerged fully from the pit and stood beside Daisy. She was silent for some time, then her eyes widened. "You mean...you got...A RARE CHIP?!" She quickly shook Daisy like mad at this, "OH WOW! Your so lucky! Do you know how much this looks good on you?! You power could double...NO! Triple! What kinda chip is it? It must be strong!!!" She quickly let go and spun in a circle, "Ooooooh! Chips are so nice! Filled with many different powers! Yeeee! Aida, what chip did we get? Did we get a super rare chip to???"

Aida was silent trying to find the best wording. "Umm...Capuchin...I...I don't th-think our chip is at all rare. I think i-its somewhat common..."

Capuchin froze in place by this. Her face was in shock and her body slumped on the floor. "A common chip?" Was all she said and went back into silence.

Aida gave a panick, "B-But C-capuchin...y-you certainly helped allot wi-with this battle and w-we reci-cieved so much money. I-It should not matter. One chip is better than no chip right? Also, its a fairly n-nice chip, so I-it would help."

"...." Capuchin turned back up to them and stood there blankly for a moment. "......YES! One chip is better than no chip!" She immediately said with a cheery expression. "Haha! And we did great! We beat those virii and got some nice rewards! Now we can get more chips and upgrades!" She said this with such emotion that it seemed that rarity was no matter in this anymore.
"Actually... we got a Buster Up, pretty sure it was pretty common back in the day. Problem is, I haven't seen one in the longest time, so I figured it was discontinued or something. As far as I can tell, this chip is only good if you gear yourself for it." Virgil said to Capuchin, "Well in any case, I need to do some shopping and get in contact with someone, so Daisy might have to jack out now." Virgil finished, before Daisy tells Capuchin "See you later" and jacks out of the net.
"Oh!" Aida said with a bit of surprise, "We sh-should go shopping as well. We have all this cash but still haven't spent it. Y-You definitely need some new powerups."

Capuchin gave a nod in agreement with a cheery look in her eyes. "Yeah! I definitely need some new items! How about a really cool chip...or an upgrade...or something highly awesome!!!" Capuchin did a backflip and a handspring thinking of this.

Aida could only give a sigh at this. "L-Lets see when we get there..." She managed to say, still a bit embarrassed.

Capuchin quickly turned to the remeining NPCs. "Good luck on your work. I hope everyone will be okay." And she was jacked out as well.