Sea and Sand

((I'm fully aware; the healing just seemed tacked on to the end of the post, didn't fit and wasn't vital at that point. Thank you for including it anyway.))

"Impaled again. Joy," the injured ViralMan growled from under his face mask. "Come to think of it, I don't need this thing anymore," he said, pulling the mask down from his face. As the arrows... needles... whatever dissipated from his injuries, ViralMan sighed.

Zeo sensed his Navi's disdain and shrugged. "Like you said, they're just flesh wounds. How about getting some payback?" the boy asked, waving an ElecReel chip tantalizingly in front of the PET screen. "Lots of damage..." he suggested with a sly smile. ViralMan looked away from the view screen, then at the one virus group that was still intact. "Ugh, fine," the Navi conceded.

Preparing to support the weight of the chip, ViralMan bent his knees slightly and waited for the ElecReel device to appear on his arm. When it did, he immediately steadied it with his free hand and began to approach the third group. "For the record, this is starting to get really redundant. That was directed at Zeo. ViralMan pointed the crackling ElecReel at the Senbon and Piranha and shot a stream of powerful electricity straight at them. Provided that the water conducted the electricity properly, it was unlikely they would survive. However, "unlikely" was not good enough for ViralMan, and as he turned to the final virus he tried to pay attention to what was going on behind himself. "And of course, since this next virus is fast we'll either be using MarkCannon or some other quick decent damage chip."

"If you have some kind of problem with MarkCannon, have another FireHit," Zeo chimed in. "Should be easy now that you know how to use it." He sent the second of the pair's FireHit chips to ViralMan with a quiet click.

For the second time in that battle, ViralMan's right fist started to glow with intense flame. He backed away from the last Piranha in a straight line as far as he could before drawing back his fist. Recalling how it had worked before, he ran forward with his fist raised and stopped at the edge of the land bridge. The Navi punched forcefully and sent a flaming uppercut at the speedy virus. Following through with the punch threw him off balance a bit, but he managed to steady himself and retreat a bit before saying anything. "You think that was enough? he asked his operator. Zeo shrugged again. "Electricity and water are bound to hurt, and FireHit seems to make contact almost instantly," he noted. "Although I don't know why you're asking me this; just see for yourself." The boy inserted another chip.

A yellow Guard appeared before ViralMan just as he checked for surviving viruses. "And use this to avoid getting impaled again," Zeo added. His Navi shook his head and grabbed the Guard. "Sure, tell me to check and then block my view. Great one." Bad tactical decision or not, ViralMan peeked out from behind the large shield to search for remaining viruses while his automatic recovery program worked on his arrow/needle wounds using ambient junk data.

1. ElecReel1 to PiranhaC, SenbonC (80, +200% due to element, panels)
2. FireHit1 to PiranhaA (60)
3. Guard1 (Reflects 60 damage)
4. Dodge
-Passive: Data Absorption (+15HP heal)
The Piranha and Senbon pair popped under the intense electric current of the Elecreel and the last Piranha was quickly finished off with another flaming jab. As Viralman healed himself, he watched the smoke from the deleted virus clear away to reveal another battlechip in its wake. Two chips in a row! What a boon!

PiranhaA: DELETED
SenbonA: DELETED

PiranhaB: DELETED
SenbonB: DELETED

PiranhaC: DELETED
SenbonC: DELETED

Terrain: 25% Grass, 75% Sea

Viralman.EXE: 95 HP [grass]

Get: 500z + TrainArrow1
"Success," ViralMan stated happily. "Though it was through ElecReel again." It seemed like he didn't plan on letting that go.

Zeo took notice of that. "It's fine, ViralMan. The viruses here are Aqua, so we use electricity. It's logic. Now, what did that virus drop?" he asked excitedly. His Navi glared upwards at his operator brushing off his concern, but he did as asked and retrieved the dropped data.

It was... an arrow weapon, judging from the name. "Great, now I can do the impaling," he joked dryly, sending the chip back. "Of course, I need another target if I want to be impaling anything." Zeo took that as a request to continue and nodded. ViralMan rolled his shoulders for a moment before traversing the land bridge one last time and continuing on.

((Battle 5, 95HP))
Continuing on his way, ViralMan finds himself in deep waters.... or waist-deep waters. At any rate it seems there was no land in sight despite the fact that it was pretty ok with the land part a while ago.

Something speeds overhead, and ViralMan activates his buster in preparation, turns around....

...and sees nothing there.

Before he dismisses it as "only his imagination," something swift passes to his left. ViralMan was quick to fire a buster shot, but the opponent is too fast!

"Kehahahahaha! Can you catch me I wonder, I wonder?" a scratchy voice taunts as the opponent zooms faster around ViralMan.

...How annoying.

???: ??? (Top Speed, Flying around ViralMan)

Terrain: 100% Sea

Viralman.EXE: 95 HP

-BATTLE 5-
-GO-
((I sincerely apologize for using BlackBomb twice in one thread, but in this kind of situation I'm positive it's what Zeo would opt to do first. If it has to get shut down in some way, so be it.))

The speedy entity that had begun to circle ViralMan didn't worry him unduly at the moment. In response to its question, he wondered what he could do. Hasn't exactly attacked me yet, but I have a bad feeling about this, he thought. "Heh, we'll see," he said in response to the unseen opponent. Opening up a more secure line to his operator, he had a quick discussion with Zeo through text.

What can I use to stop him/her/it? the Navi's text read. Zeo typed out a response with considerable speed with suggestions. MarkCannon is good for faster targets, but this is a bit too fast, the message read. Shuffling through his battlechips with one hand, Zeo picked out one he figured could work. Provided he isn't invincible when he's moving like that, I've got just the thing. But first of all... The message from the boy trailed off. ViralMan nervously shut off the chat program on his visor and stood ready for whatever was to happen.

What happened first was ViralMan's body darkening almost to that of a shadow. He began to get an inkling of what was about to happen. Do we really have to blow this guy up? he asked himself mentally. Logically speaking, it was the only chip or ability they had that could feasibly make contact. If it was going to damage the opponent, he hoped the opponent had an Undershirt. "Next chip incoming," Zeo said aloud, slotting in the chip.

ViralMan's arm transformed into a gray buster-like weapon spouting flames from its sides. He was right about his operator's plan. To help it succeed and keep the enemy from getting suspicious, he immediately pointed the Heatshot forward, frantically following the target wherever he managed to catch a blurred glimpse. How is it possible to be this fast? ViralMan pondered. If he could move that fast, viruses would be no match for him. That led him to wonder why almost every Navi (or at least what he thought was one) with special abilities ended up abusing them.

"When I send the next chip, our plan might become clear to that guy. Set it off as soon as possible," Zeo warned. ViralMan scoffed. "As if I hadn't considered that already," he retorted quietly. Ceasing to follow his target, ViralMan held out his free right hand above the shallow water. If the enemy was fast enough, it was possible he could disable the bomb somehow before it went off. It was a strategy that had to be tried, however. The BlackBomb appeared in ViralMan's right hand, causing him to grunt in pain as holding the bomb with one hand began to affect him. The instant he was stable, the Heatshot was pointed directly at the bomb and firing. In the split second before the fireball hit the fuse, ViralMan prayed that the Shadow chip Zeo had sent before would protect him from a point blank explosion.

1. Shadow1 (Shadow status for one turn)
2. Catch BlackBomb1 in one hand (120, S accuracy, Object: 50HP [Heavy, Stonebody])
3. Heatshot to BlackBomb (40)
4. Dodge/await result
ViralMan heard a very loud "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUU-" as he detonated the BlackBomb, causing something to crash back into the water.

Bursting out from the Sea, the opponent screeched as he revealed his appearance.

"You'll pay for that! You'll paaaaaaay!" the bird navi screamed, his body rippling erratically.

Sensors identified the navi's name. It was time to get down to business.

Twisted_Albatross.EXE: 180 (RAEG)

"I'll pay, will I?" ViralMan responded doubtfully in an undertone. The BlackBomb had worked like a charm, knocking the Navi out its marathon. He hadn't even started moving again. ViralMan's visor revealed the Navi's name. "Twisted... Albatross? Appropriate, I suppose."

Zeo grinned. "Worked perfectly. Nicely done, ViralMan. Shall we follow it up?" he asked. There were many options available, so The op allowed his Navi to choose. "Anything in mind?" As he spoke, Zeo went through his chips, finding those ViralMan was most likely to request. Just as he was finishing up, his Navi spoke. "MagBomb. I don't want this guy moving yet-if ever."

With an enthusiastic nod and a salute, the spherical bomb dropped into ViralMan's hand. Taking into account Albatross' movement capabilities, he knew there was no time to lose. Stepping forward somewhat laboriously through the water, he wound up his arm and quickly tossed the bomb into the water as close to the enemy as he could. The explosion was liable to cover a good distance and the shock would conduct through the water for an even better chance of hitting. "...I think I'll move," he said to himself, jumping out of the water and back a bit before splashing into the water again. ViralMan was unsure of the bomb's range in this environment.

"For a follow up, I think we should try to capitalize on that MagBomb's shock," Zeo spoke. ViralMan replied warily. "You're assuming the bomb hit. That guy is frighteningly fast." Displeased, the operator frowned. "It would help if you were a bit more positive. Here, try burning him again." The burning came in the form of a FireHit.

ViralMan's wet right hand quickly dried off as the flaming fist evaporated the water on it. Desiring the satisfaction of landing a direct hit on Albatross, he charged forward through the water towards the avian Navi's last position. Once ViralMan located the target from there, he cautiously approached as best as he could in the endless mini-ocean. With raw fist power combined with fire, he sent a flying right hook straight at the annoying opponent. If Albatross had managed to move away, ViralMan hoped the ranged feature of the FireHit would kick in, but if he'd been stunned that problem wouldn't arise. Regardless, he performed another jump through the water back closer to where he'd first encountered Albatross.

He put up his own personal shield with the intention to recover and defend himself. ViralMan didn't know how effective a shield would be when Albatross regained his mobility, but it couldn't hurt. In addition to the shield's healing abilities, the Navi's own recovery processes began to work at some of his injuries. ViralMan wasn't even sure whether there was any more injuries to treat, but since the program hadn't worked after the BlackBomb gambit, he was just glad it hadn't failed.

1. MagBomb1 to Twisted_Albatross (30, Stun, Blast 2, +100% due to terrain)
2. FireHit1 to Twisted_Albatross (60)
3. StimShield (1 hit shield, +30HP heal)
4. Dodge
ViralMan started off, throwing a Magbomb first,, but Albatross avoided it by Dash Attacking under the arc, heading straight toward ViralMan!

Luckily ViralMan was able to stop the speedy navi in its place by throwing a FireHit out. Flying back, TA cackled as he spat a stream of water out at ViralMan, flapping his wings furiously to create a powerful gust of wind, turning the stream into a Twister! ViralMan put up his StimShield to block the first two hits and heal himself, but the other four hits of the twister blasted through the shield, knocking ViralMan back.

"Kehahahahahahaha! That's what you get for thinking that you can surpass me! Now die!" Twisted Albatross cried, firing a Bubbler straight at ViralMan.

Fortunately, the Knockback from before had provided a good distance between the combatants and ViralMan was able to dodge easily out of the way of the shot. TA let out a 'tch' and fired some buster shots at ViralMan but missed due to the distance.

Twisted_Albatross.EXE: 160

After exchanging blows several times, ViralMan came out... exactly the same as he had been going in. "Net gain, I guess..." he muttered. "But how am I going to hit this guy when he's flying around at mach 1?" The exaggerated question seemed to have been directed at Zeo, so he answered.

"Even MarkCannon might have a tough time making contact with this guy," the boy said in awe. "I doubt he'll be stopping for you any time soon, but nothing we have is really suited to stopping someone from moving except one of your own attacks." Zeo shook his head. "And I don't think we'll land a hit with that. For now, we just have to try our best." He slid a chip into the PET as he spoke. "Good luck, ViralMan."

Once Zeo was finished giving his Navi an encouraging pep-talk, ViralMan stepped forward while examining the damage from the twister that hadn't been repaired. "Who knew wind could hurt so much?" he mumbled. When a small green ball fell into his hands, ViralMan looked upward in disdain. "Are you serious?" he called out. Zeo remained quiet. "Alright, you're serious. Then have at it!" he shouted at Albatross, throwing the CactBall in a scattering motion. Depending on how many appeared, the chances of hitting would increase. Not that it would do much in the long run.

"Zeo, BubbleStar! While he's occupied!" ViralMan ordered. Assuming the enemy Navi had been occupied by the spiky balls was probably a bad idea, but at this point ViralMan didn't care much. Zeo wordlessly backed up his Navi with the requested chip. In response, the Navi cast out his arm towards Albatross as a pale starfish spouted giant bubbles across the field where indicated. The crossfire of cacti and bubbles was hopefully going to yield some kind of hit, or ViralMan wasn't going to be happy. "In a rage is more like it," he growled. "I'm liking this guy less and less as this fight continues..."

"ViralMan, I think you can finish this stage up on your own!" Zeo called. "Less damage, more spread!" ViralMan understood what his operator was saying and accessed one of his personal attack programs.

The familiar purple machine gun morphed onto his arm seconds after the program was ran. ViralMan spun the barrels experimentally for a moment in thought. "Less damage, more spread. Not necessarily a bad thing." Pointing the vulcan in the same direction as the other chips had gone off towards, ViralMan let loose with a widespread stream of bullets. He tried to fire in areas the bubbles and cacti hadn't covered to increase his chances of hitting. With the weapon's ammo spent, it disappeared again as ViralMan stepped back warily. "If none of that managed to hit, morale will be taking a dive," he said dryly. "More importantly, I need to watch where I'm going." He took a frantic glance around to make sure Albatross hadn't started after him from some other direction.

His healing program kicked in at that point, fixing the brunt of his twister wounds. ViralMan could still feel some of the pain from them, though.

1. Scatter CactBall1 towards Twisted_Albatross (20, two to four projectiles)
2. Scatter BubbleStar1 towards Twisted_Albatross (20, traps for one turn, 3 bubbles)
3. Scattershot Viral Vulcan at Twisted_Albatross (30, three widespread bursts)
4. Dodge
ViralMan hurled a Cactball at Albatross who cackled cockily as he flew over them and...

...straight into a bubble trap.

Taking this chance, Viralman fired his signature vulcan true, landing a good hit on Albatross, who flew to the side....

...and got trapped in another bubble.

Twisted_Albatross.EXE: 90 (Trapped)

Viralman.EXE: 110 HP
"It worked!" ViralMan cried out in triumph. "I wasn't expecting it to actually work..." He looked at the trapped Albatross. He isn't going to be happy when he gets out...but do I really have to again? With a mock wag of his finger, Zeo laughed in response. "Seems things work out in our favor more than you'd expect, eh, Mr. Positive?"

Ignoring the boy's sarcasm, ViralMan half-waded forward through the shallow water. "I don't think he'll be staying in there very long. Making a move now," he informed his operator before holding up a hand. This time, there was no reason for it not to work. The enemy was trapped in a bubble, for crying out loud.

Navigating menus on his visor, he ran one of his signature programs and closed the browser to clear his view. Feeling that the program was ready, ViralMan cast out his hand at Albatross, causing writhing cords to burst from the water. Absentmindedly, ViralMan wondered why the electrified and frayed ends of the cords didn't conduct while exiting the water. He dismissed it as just another quirk of the net. The cords continued to rise up until they found suitable spots to wrap around. Once they did, they rushed the enemy Navi, presumably breaking the bubble and securing Albatross' lower body. Another cord made for the avian's back to sap his energy. "If that worked, our friend is now tied down, rather than caged. Probably less enjoyable for him now." Crossing his arms, ViralMan scowled. "Now send me that damn chip. I know you're waiting for me to ask."

Zeo tried to keep his smug smile to an unnoticeable minimum, but was failing fast. "Alright then. ElecReel1, slot in! For the umpteenth time today!" He laughed at his own comment before dramatically jamming the chip into the PET and missing. He hoped ViralMan hadn't heard that.

"What was that, Zeo? Something happen?" the Navi said after hearing a noise from the real world. As he asked, the ElecReel appeared on his hand in resplendent (and repetitive) orange glory. The addendum was from ViralMan's own thoughts. Now, without further adieu... he thought, lifting up the weapon and pointing it towards Albatross. "Sorry, but you're really annoying. You need to get shocked," ViralMan stated bluntly. The ElecReel began to charge for a split second before loosing a stream of pure electricity at the held target. The bubble would have caused the attack to deal some major pain, but ViralMan was no sadist. High powered electric shock was more than enough for him, so he held the weapon steady until it had discharged its full supply of energy.

The chip disappeared from ViralMan's arm, allowing him to lower it gratefully. "Now, to shut you up," he said to Zeo. "I'll be positive. It's probably over," he concluded as his systems healed him again.

1. Data Siphon to Twisted_Albatross (Drain 25HP, hold for one turn)
2. Take Aim
3. ElecReel1 to Twisted_Albatross (80, +100% due to terrain)
4. Dodge
Albatross, unable to move, could only grimace as his health was drained and more tight coding was imposed upon his system.

Screaming in rage, he dove underwater.

Bad idea, as ViralMan barely had to aim before blowing his ElecReel through Albatross' systems. Water conducts electricity, so ViralMan really wasn't prepared for the shock that screeched through the water and ran through his feet either.

It seemed that the bind effect that ViralMan imposed on earlier was starting. Now was his chance!

Twisted_Albatross.EXE: 1 HP (Submerged)(Held)

Viralman.EXE: 115 HP
With Albatross subdued and secured underwater, ViralMan wasn't sure there was a point to saying anything. In his eyes the battle was over, plain and simple. Still, that left one final question to be answered. If I finish this guy, is he going to jack out or get deleted? I haven't seen him use any chips I know, so I can't determine whether he has someone backing him up...

ViralMan's question of conscience left him standing before the trapped Albatross unarmed. He'd do the same to me, even if he knew I would be deleted. But I can't say that for sure, the Navi's thoughts battled back. Judging from his actions though... I don't have time for this, I need to make a decision now before he escapes or I'll-

"You okay, ViralMan?" Zeo asked, concerned. "He's open, right? You can end it." The Navi glanced downward. "He was a pompous jerk, but I don't want to delete him. If he's a solo Navi, that could happen. If I let him out, he might attack me again. There's no way of knowing." It was clearly bothering him. Zeo seemed confused. "Hey, you try to act all tough during battle, why drop the stoic front now?" the boy asked.

"The stoic front is long gone," ViralMan replied, looking off to the side. Finally making up his mind, the Navi looked straight ahead with his eyes closed.. "Even if he goes peacefully, he might attack or harass someone else. If he's deleted... so be it. Sword," he finished. Finding the glowing blade on his right arm the instant after he'd spoke, ViralMan smiled lightly behind his helmet. "Well, best of luck to you," he said to the incapacitated Navi. Drawing back his sword arm, he pointed it straight at Albatross and thrust the weapon down into the water. Once he had ViralMan drew the blade back and dismissed it, turning around quickly and gaining some distance as his healing program finished repairing the last bits of damage to his body.

About four yards away, ViralMan turned around to see what had happened.

1. Take Aim
2. Take Aim
3. Sword to Twisted_Albatross (80)
4. Dodge
ViralMan focused really hard on Twisted Albatross' position.

Which was enough time for the bird to execute his signature attack or something, where he blasted himself out like a drill out of the water at ViralMan...

...who cut him down.

The Emergency Jack Out signal indicated he wasn't really unopped.

Twisted_Albatross.EXE: EJO'D

Viralman.EXE: 120 HP

-VICTORY-
Get: Dash Attack, 1000z
So Albatross had an operator. "I feel sorry for whoever's on the other end of that EJO," ViralMan laughed. Wading back to where Albatross had been before the attack, the Navi surveyed the spoils of the battle. "That guy almost got me at the end... good thing I had that Sword out." He sent the battlechip and zenny data back to the PET.

"Hello, what have we here?" Zeo asked rhetorically as he checked the data. "A high powered dash; fitting," he laughed. "And a nice sum of cash. Nicely done, ViralMan. You didn't even have to delete him." That reminded ViralMan of his main rationale for risking Albatross' deletion. "Yes, but now he'll probably go on to harass someone else..."

Letting the thought hang in the air of the empty battlefield, ViralMan walked until he escaped the water and kept going without prompting.

((Battle 6, 120HP))
Viralman found the terrain to be treacherous and oversaturated beyond belief. It was completely muddy, save for some deep, isolated pockets of water and small patches of grass. In the distance, he spotted three Killplants in the open, just waiting to be deleted. As he stealthily approached them, he realized too late that it was a trap as three camouflaged viruses, rose from the ground around him in an ambush.

DynamiteA: 100 HP [mud]
DynamiteB: 100 HP [grass]
DynamiteC: 100 HP [mud]
KillPlantA: 100 HP [mud]
KillPlantB: 100 HP [mud]
KillPlantC: 100 HP [mud]

Terrain: 70% Mud, 20% Sea (scattered), 10% Grass

Viralman.EXE: 120 HP [mud]

[Battle 6 - Begin!]
"Well, that's not good."

As his feet sank a bit deeper into the mud, ViralMan glanced behind himself warily. The new viruses had managed to go unnoticed as he had passed. They didn't look like much either, but by now that wasn't a factor for the Navi. He had to first find a way out of the crossfire.

One instinctive step backward told him he wasn't going to be doing much walking. Staying in the same place was veritable suicide as well. As far as ViralMan could see, standing in one place with less viruses was the best idea. He chose targets that would fall with minimal effort. The first and second of these targets lay straight ahead.

"Dual-wield some Heatshots?" Zeo's voice rang out. ViralMan nodded tersely. "Well then, have at it," the boy continued. Sliding the chips into the PET with gusto and confidence, Zeo watched his Navi. We may be taking some damage here... he thought, contrary to his outward attitude.

Raising both arms straight out with his fingers outstretched, ViralMan waited for his weapons to arrive. The chips took effect almost simultaneously, covering his hands in light for several seconds. When the light subsided, ViralMan was packing two fiery pistols. They weren't on his arms for long, though. Taking aim at the KillPlants, he wasted no time sending them a fiery greeting complete with explosive burst. "Draw," he chuckled as he fired. Rather than spread the shots amongst all the plants, ViralMan instead focused the blasts on two of the viruses in hopes of deleting both. They were immobile from what he could see, so the only way they weren't going down was through a misfire. ViralMan certainly hoped he could hit a stationary target. "And if I miss... blame it on the mud," he mumbled under his breath with a subtle smile.

Zeo didn't hear his Navi's addendum and instead moved on to the next order of business. "What shall we be flaming next, sir?" he asked with a laugh. ViralMan frowned. "That's 'your majesty' to you," the Navi responded in a rare instance of actually playing along. "And I'll be punching some unfortunate ambushers."

By now there was no question as to what ViralMan meant, so Zeo grabbed a FireHit and sent it to his Navi. "Make sure you don't miss," he added jokingly. Do these things even move? ViralMan asked himself mentally in response. His arm caught on fire as he expended some effort to remove his feet from the mud and turn around. "Even minus three viruses. dodging will not be fun here." With minimal convenient room to wind up for the punch, ViralMan yanked one foot back before stepping forward and throwing a somewhat restricted punch at the one virus on grass terrain. "And that's what you get for trying to sneak up on me," ViralMan concluded confidently. The confidence only lasted a few seconds; until around when the Navi realized he now had to keep an eye on two sides while standing in mud.

Ambient data hovered around ViralMan searching for wounds to heal while he watched the two flanks of viruses nervously.

1. Heatshot to KillPlantB (40, Spread 1, +100% due to element)
2. Heatshot to KillPlantB (40, Spread 1, +100% due to element)
3. FireHit1 to DynamiteB (60, +100% due to terrain)
4. Dodge
The two Heatshots did their job admirably, deleting two of the KillPlants before they could act. His Firehit did an equally good job of taking advantage of a patch of grass one of the hooded Dynamites was crawling along. However, the virus's counterattack was rough. The two remaining Dynamites placed grenade shaped objects on the field that each released a thin, barely visible beam across Viralman's path. Trying not to get himself trapped by them, he waded away and found himself watching helplessly as the Killplant coughed up a seed. Its trajectory was too far from his position and he didn't think he needed to dodge it, but he realized far too late that its attack had a second stage. As soon as the seed touched down onto the muddy landscape, the oversized seed drained the moisture from the mud like a sponge and cracked open to reveal a woodtower. It raced across the swamp, picking up speed and soaking up more muddy water along its path. Viralman couldn't evade one way or another and took the powerful hit head on (60). If it wasn't for his recovery abilities, this battle would have ended with a second shot (+15).

DynamiteA: 100 HP [mud]
DynamiteB: DELETED
DynamiteC: 100 HP [sea]
KillPlantA: 100 HP [mud]
KillPlantB: DELETED
KillPlantC: DELETED

TripwireBombA: 30 HP [mud] [laser set behind him]
TripwireBombC: 30 HP [mud] [laser set in front of him diagonally]

Terrain: 55% Mud, 15% Soil, 20% Sea (scattered), 5% Grass, 5% Normal

Viralman.EXE: 75 HP [soil]
Who knew spears of wood could hurt that much?

ViralMan had clued into the possibility as he was nearly impaled again. He had managed to avoid that fate, but the pillars had still hit him dead on and thrown him over. "Damned mud," he cursed in pain. "Can't I get rid of this stuff somehow?"

"Not unless you know a way. I don't know about you, but I'm hesitant to waste time trying while that plant's still there," Zeo noted. ViralMan agreed as he steadied himself from the last attack. "So the plant's got to go. Fine with me. Burn?" the Navi asked while watching the KillPlant with an annoyed expression. Zeo nodded. "To a crisp, if you wouldn't mind. Time for a repeat performance. Second FireHit, slot in!"

Without waiting to confirm he'd received the chip, ViralMan drew a foot out of the mud again. He stepped towards the hated KillPlant, not even paying attention to his flaming fist. As his foot touched down in more mud, he made sure to avoid the barely noticeable traps the other viruses had set. ViralMan made a sharp jab in the wood virus' direction and smiled as he watched flames speed at it, ready to burn it to deletion as planned. If the flames weren't enough, ViralMan hoped he could avoid impalement for the second time in a row. He directed his attention to the Dynamite viruses, fully aware that getting close was probably a bad idea. I think I'll give them a taste of their own medicine.

"Zeo, one of them's on water now!" he called out. The operator looked at the battlefield and confirmed his Navi's statement before choosing a chip to send. Before ViralMan could order what he wanted, Zeo complied for more tactical reasons. "See if you can't get rid of that bomb while you're at it!"" Zeo advised his Navi.

Grunting in affirmation, the Navi grasped the MagBomb that had fallen to him and turned around fully. ViralMan tried to ignore the irritation caused by the mud, and instead tried to avoid moving his feet more than necessary by tossing the bomb as he turned. The sphere arced closer to the virus still situated on mud, but Zeo assumed it was intentional and agreed with the decision. ViralMan hadn't actually tried to throw it that far to one side, but he wasn't about to admit it. Now it was just a question of how far the blast was going to spread. He didn't care to wait very long, so ViralMan drew out his mired foot for what would hopefully be the last time. It was time to use that chip. Yet again.

ViralMan cared less this time; the mud was far too annoying to make him regret using any attacks. Hell, I'd use the BlackBomb again if I didn't think it would send me under the mud from the weight, he thought. He knew he didn't need to say anything this time, but just in case, he decided to ask for the chip. "Alright, send ElecReel so I can end this muddy hell."

All for that, Zeo complied and slid the chip into the PET. ViralMan wondered whether the weight from the reel would cause him to get stuck. No time to regret it now, he thought. By the time the massive device had materialized on his arm, ViralMan could swear he'd sank an inch into the muddy ground. He could have just been imagining it, though. Wordlessly pointing the electric weapon at the Dynamite sitting on water, he charged it. After a few tense seconds, the ElecReel unleashed a blast of electricity straight at the virus. He hoped it would make it to the other target and allow him a chance to escape the mud. ViralMan was just about through with standing ankle-deep in the stuff. Incidentally, he was very grateful to his healing program as it erased some of the pain from the towers of wood.

1. FireHit1 to KillPlantA (60, +100% due to element)
2. MagBomb1 to DynamiteA (30, Blast 2, +100% to DynamiteC if it reaches due to terrain)
3. ElecReel1 to DynamiteA, C (80, +100% to DynamiteC due to terrain)
4. Dodge
The last Killplant is roasted while the Magbomb missed the Dynamite it was lobbed at, the virus being able to scuttle away in time to evade the blast. The second Dynamite dropped another mine, prompting Viralman to dodge...
...Right into the path of another mine that had been laid behind him. He was caught in the blast (50) but he was quick to recover from his injury (+15). He retaliated with an Elecreel that zapped both viruses (80 80) but not dealing enough to delete either of them.

DynamiteA: 20 HP [mud]
DynamiteB: DELETED
DynamiteC: 20 HP [mud]
KillPlantA: DELETED
KillPlantB: DELETED
KillPlantC: DELETED

TripwireBombA: 30 HP [mud] [laser set to his side]
TripwireBombB: 30 HP [mud] [laser set in front of him horizontally]

Terrain: 55% Mud, 15% Soil, 20% Sea (scattered), 5% Grass, 5% Normal

Viralman.EXE: 40 HP [soil]