An Introduction to Counterinfectionalism

"Yeah, uh, I guess." Travis nervously smiled, glancing back at the rest of the class. He hoped they wouldn't be thinking of him as this teacher's pet. He certainly didn't want to be. "Uh, my name is Travis, sir." He spoke deferentially, trying to correct his name. He hoped 'Trevor' wasn't stuck in Professor Blanchard's mind, Trevor sounded like a frog or something.

"My name is Traceur," the navi said, viewing the remains of the enemies. "It's pronounced er- exactly how I just said it. It looks like you've been doing pretty well on your own so far. I've got to hand it to you," He said with a grin, in slight defiance of Burt's rules. Something about the guy just happened to irk him, and he felt a little defiance was in need. He proffered his hand, grinning mischievously.

Travis obviously didn't feel the same way, not wanting any homework from the class he had thought he could slack off in verily muchly. Virus busting didn't appear to be much work on his part, just slotting in the chip his navi needed and getting back to work. Or play, depending on the situation. At other times, it could even be like one of those multi-online-role-playing games, he supposed. "Traceur, shaddup!" He hissed as softly as he could, hoping desperately that Burt wouldn't catch it.

"What, you're afraid I'll disarm her with my charms?" Traceur said jokingly, turning back to Exorcist. "Either way, nice to meetcha."

"Uhm, sir, I think we should get moving, I think I see some viruses-- I mean uh..." Travis stared bleakly at the board. "Manifestations of.... evil?" His voice was questioningly satirical as he tried to figure out what exactly he had signed up for, and what had made him as so delusional to check it on his courses. He wasn't even looking at the PET when he said it, so he could have been wrong. It was mostly a comment just to distract the Professor from Traceur's sardonic remarks.

"Ah yes, where would we be without viruses?" Traceur said, stopping with the hand jokes and looking around. The only way this could possibly get more ironic is if the viruses were handies.

[Battle 1 please?]
Fortunately for Traceur, no Handies appeared as he and Exorcist went further into the network.
Coming across a more... solid patch of ground, the viruses presented to the two consisted of three Metools, two Scarecrows, and one Hardhead, currently closed solid in an IronBody defense.
Time for some... exorcising... I think.

MetoolA: 40 HP
MetoolB: 40 HP
MetoolC: 40 HP
ScarecrowA: 100 HP
ScarecrowB: 100 HP
Hardhead: 60 HP [IronBody]

Terrain: 100% Normal

Exorcist.exe: 100 HP
Traceur.CMD: 100 HP

-FIGHTIN' EVIL WHEREVER IT MAY BE-
-BATTLE 1-
-GHOSTBUSTERS-
"Alright, am I supposed to say something special to get you in action from battle mode to normal mode or something? I kept seeing these training videos where there's stuff like 'battle routine execute' and stuff like that." Travis muttered to the screen, looking at the situation. There were six viruses, and their positions looked fairly evident. He didn't know much about netbattling, but did know that those metools were the lowest class of virus. "Why don't you take out those viruses out over there, the small fry?"

"Ugh. Just metools? Not those scarecrows? You sure?" Traceur questioned, glancing upward at his new operator. This one didn't seem as experienced as his other operator, but he guessed he'd go with it. He flipped open his auto-revolver.

Three bullets. One casing.

"Alright. I'll tell you what chips I'm going to need." He glanced over at the hardhead. That thing would be a problem. He'd have to compensate for it, while Exorcist would have to take out the scarecrows.

"Miss, I'm sorry to lay this on you, but you're going to have to take out the scarecrows. I suggest taking them both out in one shot, if that wouldn't be too intruding on you. I'll be operating on the assumption that I'll be able to take out both the metools as well as the hardhead. If you need a hand, don't hesitate to ask." Traceur turned and looked once again at the metools, assessing them.

"Alright, Shotgun and Whiteweb1." Traceur spoke succinctly, running and firing at the furthest metool, getting into a better position to fire the at it before blasting away with a single Galvanically charged shot. Facing and aiming at the two metools so they lined up just right, he licked his lips and pulled the trigger. It didn't do anything. "Shotgun!"

"Uh, right, just a minute, which one of these is it?" Travis asked, shuffling through the chips hurriedly.

"I have no idea, it's got fifty listed for its damage statistics. Put that one in, I've got no other chip attack with a 50 damage attack." Traceur sighed, clicking back the cocking mechanism so that he could chamber the next bullet. A misfire would force him to do that, and he couldn't afford the time to clean it out at the moment.

"Alright, here it is... it's in." Travis spoke, slightly irritated that he couldn't find it in the first place. He was also somewhat upset of his navi making a fool of him, but--- "So uh, as you guys can see, I'm kinda a newbie at netbattling. Nothing special, haha. My sister is a lot better."

With a crack, the gun went off, and Traceur glanced around the field. His target lay over there. "Alright, that should take care of the metools. My primary concern right now is to take out that Hardhead before it does any damage at all. I'll need that whiteweb. I've got a plan."

"What's the plan?" Travis asked, his interest slightly piqued despite his irritation with his navi.

"I catch the cannonball that thing fires, and hit it with it." Traceur spoke calmly and evenly, and if the statement had been said by someone Travis knew in the real world, he would have been convinced of a case of clinical insanity.

"Uh, you're going to catch it? Yourself? With your bare hands?" Travis asked, dumbfounded.

"No, I'd get my ribcage broken. I'm going to try use that whiteweb I requested as a sort of grappling hook. Latch onto it with the web's stickiness and use leverage to wind my arms around it and slingshot it back into its face. That's the gist of it, anyway." Traceur remembered the rageclaw incident, and wondered if he'd one-up himself here. He didn't want to be missing both arms in a single round. In the face of an audience and a lady no less. Deathly embarrassing.

"Sounds feasible when you put it that way, but won't it still have the same kinetic force?" Travis argued, hoping that he'd give up the idea in favor of something more realistic.

"Well, that's why I'm relying on the elasticity of the web before it hits. It'll extend it a little, and hopefully it won't slingshot into my face." Traceur sighed, "Can I just have the chip? I'll try not to humiliate you in front of the entire class."

"Alright, alright. Whiteweb1... whiteweb1..." Travis picked the chip out and slotted it in, allowing his navi to go through with the strategy.

"I guess this is where I say 'many hands make light work,'" Traceur remarked with a nervous grin, readying himself for his own strategy. He hoped his puns and quips were getting at least slightly better.

1] Galvanic Charge: 40 Elec to MetoolA, Movement used to get to a position lining up MetoolB and MetoolC
2] Shotgun: 50 to MetoolB, spread 50 to Metool C
3] Prep Whiteweb1: Use whiteweb's trap, hold, and grapple features to catch the hardhead's cannonball and fling it back at the Hardhead.
"Hey hey hey! No more hand jokes, you!" Burt growled, stomping one foot like he was somehow actually offended by it, even though he'd only made the rule a minute or two earlier. "The rules of Counterinfectionalism clearly state that there is to be no joking at any time by the operator's netnavi during the process of virus busting."

"R-Relax! I'm sure they were unintentional, right?" Exorcist asked with a look of urgency, trying to protect Traceur. Still, she couldn't help but wonder how he'd caught on so quickly to her fondness of the capability of her hands? "An uncanny ability of perception," she noted with a slight nod. "And you don't need to call me Miss as I'm, er, not a teacher myself. I'm just a teacher's navi, you know. Th-The white hair doesn't mean I'm old!"

"Pfft, he doesn't think you're old! He's just a little nerd who's trying to be flattering to get on your good side!" Burt laughed, clapping "Trevor" on the back. "Eh, Trevor? Your little geek navi's gotta learn his boundaries!" Again, the pencil-necked teacher hardly seemed like the type of person to be calling anyone a geek or a nerd.

Exorcist sighed, raising one eyebrow and crossing her arms across her chest. "For Pete's sake, Burt, leave him alone and focus on the battle! Traceur's counting on me to take out those scarecrows! But uh... Scarecrows... How are those supposed to attack me?" she thought out loud, pressing one finger to her lip. "Regardless, he acts like they're stronger than the metools, so I can't let him down. Burt, give me the boomerang!"

"Ah, Exorcist, what are ya making such a fuss over? We should let the new guy do it all himself and conserve our strength," Burt pouted, irritated that his navi seemed so protective of her new friend.

"Uh, correct me if I'm wrong, but that seems to completely go against Counterinfectionalism," Exorcist mumbled in response with her eyebrows tensed.

"Yeah, well, don't be so chummy," he grumbled, slotting in the chip quickly. "I want you to be happy but I don't want you to go making friends!"

"That makes no sense!" Exorcist complained. Burt shrugged and disregarded the comment, chewing one side of his lip irritatedly. Not wishing to pursue the subject farther, Exorcist sighed and got to work, readying a long, thin, green sheet between her left middle and index finger. With one quick fold, she formed it into a boomerang; a glisten across the surface hardened the paper-like material into a metal blade. "Here goes!" she cried out, slinging the blade out for the midrift of the two dolls.

"Don't get hit!" Burt cried out, not wishing to be ignored despite his ignoring his own navi.

A low, moody growl started up from the throat of Burt's navi. "Of all the useless advice," she sobbed, putting the rest of her efforts into dodging.

1) Boomerang to ScarecrowA and ScarecrowB [50x2 wood vs. elec]
2) Dodge
3) Dodge
Traceur moves forward, blasting his Galvanic Charge at the first metool, boosting himself to line up with the Metools. Cocking his Shotgun, Traceur fires as Exorcist throws her Boomerang forth, the two deleting four viruses in an instant. The Hardhead opens up and fires a Cannonball at Exorcist, but Traceur snatches it out of the air with his whiteweb and swings it around like a ball and chain before slingshotting it back at the virus, destroying it.

MetoolA: GALVANIZED
MetoolB: SHOTGUNN'D
MetoolC: SHRAPENL'D
ScarecrowA: BOOMER
ScarecrowB: RANGED
Hardhead: STOP HITTING YOURSELF

Terrain: 100% Normal

-VICTORY-
Traceur Get: Cannonball, 300z
Exorcist Get: DollThunder1
FXP: 2
"Alright, that's all. If you don't want me to add the 'Miss' to your name, then I won't, Exorcist. I see you cleaned the scarecrows up quite nicely. I don't know much about them, but I'm assuming that with higher hit-point value, the higher power they have. You did really well!" Traceur grinned at Exorcist, then glanced upward at his netop. "There's his five thousand," He muttered under his breath, hoping that Travis hadn't noticed the email he'd marked as old and sent to the deleted mail section. An automated mail he hadn't been expecting would meet the ends of the means very perfectly. Hopefully Travis would stop harassing Joanne about it. Traceur reflected that he could also hold this above Joanne's head for a while. It would make her do her work faster. Best for everyone. He would feel guilty about this for a while, though.

"Well, that makes our funds five-thousand two-hundred plus or minus around fifty zenny. Got any plans for that money?" Traceur asked Travis, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, I figure I'll one-up my sister in buying chips and buy a speed upgrade." Travis looked at the board, hoping for an excuse to get out of the class for a bit and reexamine his options. "Aahh--- Professor Blanchard? I'd like to uh, keep my navi in a condition suitable to--- fight the ... manifestations of evil? May I go buy a speed upgrade for my navi?"

"A speed upgrade would most definitely help me exhaust my supply of chips a lot faster," Traceur remarked wryly, glancing amusedly at his comrade in arms.

"Eh, go if you have to, but your navi stays here. We've got a demonstration to do after all," Burt laughed, adjusting his spectacles on his nose. "If you want to leave your navi here to fight by himself, that's okay. Exorcist and I will keep him safe. Speaking of which, Exorcist, I thought you were a little old to be playing with dollies!" the instructor laughed childishly, waving the chip in front of his monitor.

Exorcist frowned offendedly, turning a little red in the face. "What is it with people calling me old? I'm not too old to play with... I mean, I'm not playing with dolls! This is Counterinfectionalism, remember? That religion that you came up with?" she asked huffily.

"Of course I remember it, I came up with it!" Burt reiterated with a hearty, triumphant smile. "At any rate, I'll put this chip up with the others, and if you ever want your dolly, just give me a shout, m'kay?"

Exorcist sobbed bitterly, looking to Traceur for some semblance of comfort. Then again, the guy seemed about as sarcastic as Burt, but at least maybe he had a shred of dignity and respect to offer her, or at least some pity. "Certainly he can't put up with this day in and day out like I'm forced to. If all operators are like this, what kind of world am I fighting for?" she asked herself with a pitiful sniffle.

((Ready for battle 2))
Oh boy, this doesn't look too good. A pair of Catacks were patrolling around with another pair of KillerEyes on their back, and found both Exorcist and Traceur chatting away. The Catacks planted the KillerEyes to the ground and tried to circle and trap the two navis! The viruses successfully made a X-Cross formation, having a large gap between each other so it would be tougher for the navis to break the formation.

They're well organized, but lets see how they do against the new comrades in Arm!

Enemies:
KillerEyeA: 100 [Team A: Traceur's Side]
CatackA: 120 [UNABLE TO ATTACK: 1 TURN]

KillerEyeB: 100 [Team B: Exorcist's Side]
CatackB: 120 [UNABLE TO ATTACK: 1 TURN]

Terrain:
100% Normal

Navis:

======
BATTLE 2, START!!
======
"Hm, they've flanked us. I should have been paying more attention! The fact that they got around me is especially weird considering how slow they are. I must have really been distracted," Exorcist rambled, looking back and forth between the enemies that had surrounded Traceur and her on all sides. "It looks like we'll each have to take a side. I've never fought these things before, but the tanks look kind of slow, so let's take care of the eyes first."

"Pfft, take care of them? With what? Jokey just got dipped by his operator!" Burt laughed. "I hope he's put in some good buster upgrades!" Exorcist gave him back a look of discontent that caused him to stop laughing and freeze up. "Well, what do you want me to do about it?"

"You could slot in a chip for me to give to him, right? Slot in a chip for Traceur along with a boomerang for me," she answered, looking back at him expectantly.

Burt sighed, slotting in the boomerang. He flipped through his folder carelessly, trying to find a chip worthless enough to give Traceur. "Not a cannon, that'd just be lame. Alright, give him this log," he laughed, slotting the Ringlog through the scanner. "Don't ever say I didn't do anything for you, Traceur!" he snickered, utterly butchering the pronunciation of the name to something more like "Traw-sewer."

The navi sighed, then paused, holding her arms out to catch the log after materializing it. She grunted with its weight, having gone a little overboard on its size. "I-It's a little unwieldy, Traceur, but take this to use against your side," she stammered, trying to balance the log and hoist it into his arms, stepping cautiously to avoid tripping or dropping it. She found that the set came with two, after she'd finished giving hers up, but it just sort of rolled away idly before she could use it after clambering to the ground noisily with the creation of the other. "I'll take care of this side, so just focus on yours," she said, reaffirming her trust with a thumbs-up motion. Beginning her preparation, she formed another long, green sheet of paper, then created a ninety degree angle at its center, making it into an even "V" shape. Lining up her sight with two fingers of her left hand, she then hurled the boomerang powerfully with her right, trying to arc it in such a way that she could hit both enemies on her side. Not pausing, she formed another strip of paper, this time a plane white slip, and sprawled her sealing symbols across it with two fingers. As soon as the ink was down on the paper, she turned and flung it towards the enemy tank.

"Be careful until Trev, er, Travis comes back!" she warned Traceur. "There's no need to rush, so feel free to focus on your defense if you need to."

1) Give one use of Ringlog1 to Traceur, ignore other
2) Boomerang to KillerEye B [60x2 wood vs. elec] and Catack B [60]
3) Ritual Talisman to Catack B [40]
"Alright, looks like I'll be playing the support role this batt-" Traceur hurriedly stopped the log with his foot as he tried to figure out exactly how he'd use it. Well, he'd found out that the Killereyes were definitively weak to the wood element, as was he. "Uhm, thanks, Exorcist!" He called out, most certainly grateful for the tool that he'd be using to take on that Killereye and its minion.

"Urhg, not sure I can lift it to use as a club or something..." the navi grunted as he managed to elevate the log to a standing position. Focusing some of his power, he channeled it into his left foot, supercharging the muscles for a brief moment as he kicked it at his two chosen viruses. There would be some strain on his leg for a while, but he'd managed to kick it hard enough to send it flying at the two viruses with some amount of force. "Traaaaviiiis, Where aaaare youuuu~" He commented in a only slightly mocking undertone as he once again nodded his thanks to Exorcist for the chip. Without that, he'd have been stuck with his

"There's much to do still here, and that won't wipe them both out--" Traceur commented, as he glanced over to see how she was properly faring. There was one virus that looked like it might survive her onslaught, and it was pretty much his duty to lend her a hand. They could both team up on the final one if he could take it out... or rather, he could offer some moral support, and she could defeat it with more or less ease. If she had the same starter pack, she'd most certainly be able to hit it with a cannon and shotgun afterward.

"Exorcist, I'm going to take out your catack so you can uh, help me out with this one. Don't think I can kill it that well on my own." Traceur reluctantly admitted his inability to destroy both of his assigned targets with ease as he made a quick glare at them. Either way, he could probably destroy hers... As long as he aimed properly. He drew his weapon, thanking the fact that he had both arms once more. It was horribly inconvenient to be deprived of an arm in combat, especially when one used a gun. It would have been the same with a two-handed weapon, but his gun required a certain amount of--- finesse that was hard to acquire with that of only one hand. Drawing and leveling his weapon, he drew a bead on the catack.

Traceur pulled back the cocking mechanism, then looked down the barrel once more. He didn't want to hit his companion, that would have been one of the worse decisions to make. The trigger was pulled, and with a bang of virtual gunpowder, the electrically charged bullet sped forth.

1] Galvanic Charge: 40 Elec [CatackB], Movement
[Use Movement to get self in position where ringlog will hit both CatackA and KillereyeA.
2] Kick Exorcist's ringlog at catacka and killereyea [50*2 to KillereyeA, 50 to catackA]
3] Dodge
((Kinda confused here, Harbin. On the RP, it looks like you finished it with an attack, but on action you say you dodged...I'll go with the action for now >__>))

The coordination between the two with the ringlog was perfectly executed as the chip easily ran over the immobile KillerEye and the charging Catack. Exorcist continued with her attack with the Boomerang and her signature attack while Traceur also helped to finish off the viruses on Exorcist's Side.

This left the one surviving Catack enough time to fully charge to attack. It fired off a barrage of bombs straight towards Exorcist in an unmeasurable speed! Thankfully, Traceur foresaw something like this and moved away from the blast area, and the stray ringlog Exorcist dropped off was actually used as a shield, halving the damage of the bomb.

Seeing how out numbered he was, the surviving Catack ran off as fast as possible, Even leaving a fragment of his data right on the scene!

KillerEyeA: DELETED [Team A: Traceur's Side]
CatackA: RAN AWAY!!

KillerEyeB: DELETED [Team B: Exorcist's Side]
CatackB: DELETED

Terrain:
100% Normal

Exorcist.exe: 70 HP

-BATTLE WON-
Exorcist: 280z
Traceur: 320z
FXP: 2 points
(I kinda listed my actions wrong, it should have been . Either way, it works out the same, I guess. Galvanic Charge, save both the elec attack and the tac action, and then use the movement for the ringlog, then fire the ringlog, then fire the charge from the galvanic charge.)

"Whew, are you alright, Exorcist? Thanks for the ringlog, couldn't have done it without that." Traceur grinned nervously at his comrade, looking around the area.

"Ha--- haaaa" Travis burst into the room, looking wildly around for his PET. He stumbled to it, picking it up and quickly giving it a cursory examination for any sort of tampering. Seeing that it hadn't been touched, he gave Professor Blanchard a pensive look. "I'm back with the speed upgrade and I bought a process upgrade as well, seeing as how it was so cheap." He quickly inserted the upgrade into his PET.

"Whoa!" Traceur jerked as he felt a surge of newfound energy come flooding into his system. It felt familiar, and very nice. "Ahh. Nice to have some more processing power as always. You should get one after we accumulate enough zenny, Exorcist. Very nice to have."

"What should we use the process upgrade for?" Travis hissed at his navi.

"I'll start up some of my old subroutines. That'll take care of that." Traceur grinned. Finally, some interesting action.

[Battle 3]
Despite Travis and Traceur's celebratory attitude and decent attempt at casual conversation, Burt seemed irreconcilably affected by having watched the tanks blast his navi. "Exorcist! Are you hurt? Damn you, Trevor, why didn't you make your navi step in the way or something, isn't that the gentlemanly thing to do?" he raved, completely ignoring his ability to use the PET's HUD to monitor his navi's health.

Exorcist got up and brushed herself off, feeling her legs shaking a little. "I'm alright, I think that log I dropped might have blocked it a bit. But still, that really hurt," she sniffed. "I wish I was as quick as you, Traceur, then I might be able to see these things coming and dodge them," she sighed, closing her eyes and crossing her arms sadly.

"Are you trying to make me buy you one of those speed upgrades? I can't spend my salary on navi upgrades, you know, no matter how important you are to my Counterinfectionalism. I need to eat, after all," he sighed. "That and remembering that my favorite cologne doesn't grow on trees..."

The navi shrugged, not feeling overly concerned. "Besides, I'm still fit as a fiddle and ready for the next wave," she assured Burt and Traceur. "Although now I do kind of want a speed upgrade too..."

((Ready for battle 3))
As Exorcist and Traceur continued their journey farther into the Dentech Network, the area started to look much darker than usual at this time of day. The team walked forward fearlessly, but it sure didn't make the place any brighter. Soon, the place was filled with spider webs and strangely glowing panels.

Just in front, a group of wooden viruses was clumped together, weak and pathetic, even a Mushy was in the group (As weird as it sound, especially since Mushrooms doesn't really require a sun...). A very quiet sound came just above the wood viruses, which turned out to be a pair of Spidys zipping down with its web, looking directly at the two navis. This alerted the rest of the viruses and they tried to bring up all of their might to face Traceur and Exorcist as well. Put them out of their misery!

BombCornA: 50 [BombCorn Group: -20 INSUFFICIENT SUNLIGHT!! / Weakened]
BombCornB: 50
BombCornC: 50
ShrubbyA: 40 [Shrubby Group: -10 INSUFFICIENT SUNLIGHT!! / Weakened]
ShrubbyB: 40
ShrubbyC: 40
MushyA: 60 [Mushy Group: -20 INSUFFICIENT SUNLIGHT!! / Weakened]
MushyB: 60
SpidyA: 80
SpidyB: 80

Terrain:
60% Normal
20% Grass
20% Cursed [Small area surrounding the virus and navi / Tiny patch below the navis!!]

Quote (INFO)

Cursed
-Doubles Damage received.
-Deals Null Damage to SELF when used w/ Panel Shot.

======
TEAM BATTLE 3, START!
======
"I'm sensing pretty powerful evil in the area. We should definitely stop here and divine this location," Exorcist told Traceur. Pausing, she summoned a small pot of ash, along with coal and a match. She stooped down to light it, creating black smoke, and fell to making a sort of low humming.

"Uh, I don't know where the hell you got the idea that doing that helped purify things, Exorcist," Burt coughed, "but the source of that evil is all around you. Take another look."

Exorcist stopped fanning the coal fire and looked around herself warily, spotting many enemies that she hadn't noticed before. At first, she'd thought that the area was just another garden, but she now realized that, much like the earlier garden, it was resplendent with evil entities in the form of bushes and plants. "Woah! I let them slip by me again. I've got to get better at this," she sighed, releasing the pot and fan that she'd made.

"Geez, there's a ton of them! I hope Travis brought you some chips," Burt whimpered, looking back and forth between the groups. "Uh, we need to clear these guys out fast, so I'm sending you a boomerang and that new thunder chip, okay?"

"Hold on, something else is wrong, Burt... Traceur, do you feel it? This spot we're standing on is tainted by evil! I don't mean the enemies, I mean this actual location. We need to move, quickly!" she urged him with a serious expression. Picking up the hem of her robe, Exorcist attempted to flee the spot as quickly as she could manage, hoping he would do so as well, minus the part about needing to lift his skirt. Next, she turned her attention to the offensive, readying her boomerang in a similar manner to previous battles, folding the paper with a quick and decisive downward pull of her upper arm. Exorcist aimed for the corn, sending the projectile in an arc so as to hit as many of them as possible.

"Careful with that electric chip, Exorcist, we don't really know what it does yet," Burt commented, half distracted by keeping up with a chat he was having on another website.

Exorcist mostly disregarded the advice, as she doubted that the advice "Be Careful" with no additional input would ever be useful to her, no matter how many times Burt said it. Readying the chip, she focused her attentions on the spiders. Seeing as they had the highest altitude, she figured they would be good targets for her lightning, not to mention that spiders were just icky and she really didn't want to climb webs to try and reach them for close-range combat. Not really knowing how to use the chip, she paused to say a prayer. "Ancestors, grant me the power of your protection and smite my enemies with your fury!" she pleaded, holding her arms outward...

Nothing happened. She looked back at Burt worriedly, but Burt simply laughed in response. "Ha ha ha! You don't have any ancestors, Exxy!" he chuckled, despite the morbid nature of the fact.

Exorcist sighed irritably in response, then simply attempted to focus and fire the lightning like she would summon any other chip.

1) Get out of curse panels towards grass panels
2) Boomerang to Bombcorn group [60]
3) DollThunder1 to Spidy group [80]
There was a certain finesse to being able to sense viruses, Traceur supposed as he drew his weapon. He looked down at the terrain below him, which pulsed ominously. He decided to step off of it. He raised his weapon, reloading it as he quickly walked off of it, getting himself in the most advantageous position he could see to execute a single attack in an extremely straight line. "Alright, let's see if this strategy will work."

He had to wait until Exorcist's attack was done, and looking at the Dollthunder's effect, she appeared to be a lot stronger than he had previously seen. "Nice job, Exorcist!" He exclaimed, then began to iterate his strategy to his current operator.

"Alright, what I'm trying to do is corner them, then execute them all in one single strike with the Sensor1. All I need to do is place it, and they're already in a small cluster... but I'd like to make sure. It'd be nice if I could box them in, so---"

"I know, why not use webs to make walls? They'll stick to the webs, too, so you can like- get the ones that try to move out of the way!" Travis said, grinning as he thought up a solution to the apparent problem at hand.

"Huh, that's a decent idea. Give me the whiteweb1, the sensor1, and the cannonball. I'm gonna box them in and make it so that if they manage to come out, they'll meet a cannonball right in the face." Traceur grinned, looking at the opposition as he waited for the chips to be slotted in.

"Alright, alright, let me find the chips..." Travis slowly slotted in one after another. He almost put in a shotgun, but realized his mistake before he doomed the very plan he had helped engineer. He resolved to look closer at the labels before throwing chips haphazardly into the PET.

"Let's do this, I guess." Traceur nodded to his ally, generating the three minescule grenades and taking out each of the pins before throwing them to the sides of the large mass of viruses, the explosion would probably knock them inward even further. If this worked, it would box them in from three sides, allowing his plan to work perfectly by firing a beam of obliteration in their general direction.

"Alright, Exorcist, watch out. Wouldn't want you to get hit by the crossfire, because this thing'll punch straight through the other side of my makeshift box." Traceur proceeded to snap his fingers and tapped a foot on the ground. With that, a framework of lines formed, forming polygons as they slowly came together and a texture slowly formed. The blueprint made a medium size-- what looked like a small tripod mounted cannon. a small laser-light appeared, blinking as it looked straight into the makeshift 'box' of the three webs. The sound that it made was a small beeping noise. Once every second or so, but Traceur was pretty sure it would work. He took out his gun, loading it up and readying himself to fire his weapon with the high power load if any of the viruses survived.

1] Galvanic Charge: Use Movement to get to best possible area to hit everything in a line. (Save 40 Elec damage)
2] Whiteweb1: Use three whitewebs to set up a box around the viruses with only the part facing Traceur open.
3] Sensor1: HP: 100
Properties: Anchored, ElecBody
Attack Damage: 100 Elec + Beam Attack + Stun 1
Summon Sensor1 pointed at opening of whiteweb
4] Cannonball anything surviving the onslaught
(Use Galvanic Charge's 40 elec damage to attack anything surviving the beam of general obliteration)
Exorcist and Traceur quickly move off the Cursed terrain and go into their planned attacks. The taoist sends a whirling paper boomerang screeching through the ranks and cuts down all of the BombCorns. Taking out a doll, Exorcist fires at the Spidys, one crawling away, while the other is electrocuted to pieces.

Traceur takes his Whiteweb and cages the viruses even CLOSER together before summoning his Sensor and completely decimating the plant group. He then throws a Cannonball at the last Spidy, killing it.

BombCornA: DELETED
BombCornB: DELETED
BombCornC: DELETED
ShrubbyA: DELETED
ShrubbyB: DELETED
ShrubbyC: DELETED
MushyA: DELETED
MushyB: DELETED
SpidyA: DELETED
SpidyB: DELETED

Terrain:
60% Normal
20% Grass
20% Cursed [Small area surrounding the virus and navis]

Sensor: 100 HP

-VICTORY-
Exorcist Get: Cornshot1, 100z
Traceur Get: Ringlog1, 200z
FXP: 3
Exorcist was happy that she'd done what she could, but she still couldn't shake the feeling that Traceur was somehow still very much out of her league in terms of power. He wasn't radiating some kind of radiant aura of untouchable power or anything, but he must have had more experience before. She couldn't help but wish she'd had more time to practice before joining up with someone with so much battle prowess. "That was a good job, though. I never would have thought to tie them all together like that," she complimented her ally, only to be met with another flurry of hushing by Burt.

"Now now, Exorcist, there's a big difference between being lucky and being good," Burt laughed arrogantly, flipping his hair over one shoulder. "You're doing well showing the class how to netbattle, though, Trevor. I'll bet these sad sacks never could have pulled off a move like that."

The navi sighed as she watched her operator continue to alienate his class. "You know, if you'd try being nicer to them, maybe they wouldn't all hate you so much?" she suggested quietly, but it didn't appear that he'd heard her. "At any rate, let's continue on," she nodded to Traceur, then picked back up her step.
"It's just using what I have to whatever I can use it to. It's mostly the chip. Really useful for a lot of stuff, like catching enemies or catching cannonballs." Traceur blabbered on a bit about strategy, quite enthusiastic about the topic as a whole. Simply using what you had to your advantage and to its limits meant you would have a greater chance of an efficient victory. It wasn't hard to kill a couple viruses, it was hard to eliminate them without getting touched or taking extreme amounts of time.

"Er, what I mean to say is that you're not too shabby yourself, Exorcist. That boomerang of yours seems to come in extremely useful, along with that lightning thing. What's the name of that chip? I haven't really seen it before." trying to keep up a regular conversation, Traceur glanced at Burt with a quick glare. How could a pleasant navi have such an abhorrent operator? It didn't seem possible at all, to his vision of netops and operators, they usually matched up. Mean and mean. Maybe Burt wasn't such a bad guy when you got to know him, but Traceur wouldn't be taking the bets for that particular deal. Traceur nodded back, hustling to catch up to Exorcist before slowing his pace down a bit.

"It's Travis, sir..." Travis ennunciated bleakly, looking around the class. His chances of both getting picked on by the other members of the class as well as getting picked on by Burt seemed to be rising exponentially by the second. He didn't want to insult either, but he couldn't really take a stand against the teacher without getting an automatic fail in the course... and this seemed like the teacher who would do it without another thought. He sighed, looking back at the PET.

[Battle 4]
Traceur and Exorcist continue forward now on more... "slippery" terrain. Three Armadills roll around wildly in the area, obviously attempting to run the two navis over.

Two Fighterplanes soar around menacingly, raining warning bullets around the glass terrain.

To top it off, three Zemons are scattered around the field, glaring at the two navis.

ArmadillA: 100 HP
ArmadillB: 100 HP
ArmadillC: 100 HP
ZemonA: 100 HP
ZemonB: 100 HP
ZemonC: 100 HP
FighterPlaneA: 140 HP
FighterPlaneB: 140 HP

Terrain: 100% Glass

-BATTLE 4-