Gathering Zenny for Travis

Traceur plodded on, and finally arrived at the school office. He gave a sigh of relief and walked in, taking no notice of the Mr.Prog inside.

"HEY, I DON'T THINK YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE IN HERE!" It said in a single-tone voice.

"Just a moment, just a moment," Traceur smiled weakly as he rooted through the schedule documents, taking a peek at one and finally finding it. He quickly picked it up and stuffed it in his armored vest, muttering a "Thanks" as he jogged out.

"WAIT! I'M CALLING SECURITY! YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO DO THAT. WHERE'S YOUR GUEST PASS?"

"Well uh, that was anticlimactic," Joanne said as Traceur kept running.

"I'm running just in case security comes after me like they came after you, except with a lot more reason for doing it, Jo." The navi replied evenly with a smirk, causing Joanne to grumble something insulting back.

[BATTLE 6]
Rather than any security programs, Traceur is soon persued by viruses. There are six of them total, three Bunnies, three Melodies. They quickly bounce after Traceur and they seem to be steadily gaining on him. While the majority of the ground Traceur walks accross is normal, there is also a large chunk of cursed paneling to his left which seems to be some kind of defense for the school office that Traceur had just tried to invade.

BunnyA: 50
BunnyB: 50
BunnyC: 50
MelodyA: 80
MelodyB: 80
MelodyC: 80

Terrain: 80% Normal 20% Cursed (to the left)

Traceur: 100 [arm still busted until plug out]

Battle 6 is go
"Whoa!" Traceur shouted out a moment before he ran directly into the cursed terrain. He skidded to a stop, spinning around and glaring at the enemy viruses.

"What's up, Traceur, and what's on his schedule?" Joanne asked, lying down on the roof. She caught her chips as the used ones fell out of the PET, their data renewed.

"More viruses, and not only that, but cursed terrain. If one of them knocks me into it, that could get bad. Very bad." Traceur quickly pulled out his revolver, emptying it out before sliding it halfway into the holster. He reloaded as fast as his fingers allowed him too before flipping the weapon closed and staring down the sights.

"Wait a second, Traceur. Those bunnies gave us an electric element chip, right?" Joanne mentioned, gesturing at the bunny viruses. "Wouldn't they then have the same weakness you do, to wood elemental attacks?"

"You're-- you're right. But we don't have any wood elemental attacks, isn't that WhiteWeb null element?" Traceur asked conversationally, stowing his pistol away and allowing data patterns to come together in his arm.

"Nope, it says right on the chip with this leaf-symbol thing." Joanne waved the chip before slotting it in.

"Alright, I'll prep my arm for the chip while rushing in so I can get a maximum radius on the bunnies. It wouldn't do to hit only some of them, or I'd be in close range to their stunning attacks. That certainly wouldn't be very good." Traceur removed his weapon yet again, beginning his ungainly charge with his one arm. Raising the autorevolver, he snapped off a shot at one of the melodies while closing in on the bunnies.

Holstering the weapon as he spun for a moment, letting the chip infuse his arm agains, the three grenades appeared in his hands once more. However, this time the three pins were around his fingers. Using his thumb and pinky to keep ahold of the explosives, he held them in place and pulled them out and tossed one after the the other in succession at the bunnies.

"And as for you folk," Traceur said as he rolled backward, "Come any closer and get a face full of electricity." He drew the revolver once more, readying it to fire above or on the ground at any foe who came forth to attack him.

1] Voltaic Charge: [40 Electric to Melody A]
2] Whiteweb1: [40 Wood (*2 due to element) to Bunnies A, B, and C]
3] Prep: Zapring1 [45+Stun1 to any virus that tries to attack]
Traceur turns to face the enemy and hits one of the melodies with an electric shot. He then fires three generades, which fly towards the bunnies. One sees the attack coming and hops out of the way but the other two are taken out. He waits, prepping a chip. As a Melody attacks, Traceur makes his move, blasting it with a Zapring and stopping it. After he does this, though, another jumps forward and bounces off his head.

BunnyA: 50
BunnyB: DELETED!
BunnyC: DELETED!
MelodyA: 40
MelodyB: 80
MelodyC: 35 (stun)

Traceur: 85 [arm still busted until plug out]
Traceur stumbled backward, hit in the head with a giant weight didn't do much good for his awareness or his mental state. He clutched at his temple, trying to shake off the blurred vision and headache-- as well as the sudden sleepiness that may have meant a concussion. "Ugh," He uttered at the inconvenience, as if that would make the ache go away. Funnily enough, it hurt rather more than missing the arm. It didn't quite make sense, although he supposed it was possibly the blow to the head which disrupted him on part because it was a virus. His arm's decay was a result of an overload of a chip.

"Speaking of which," He muttered, as he tried to focus his sight. "Joanne, I'd like the rageclaw. I need to see if it's permanently damaged, and it would be useful in the close quarters such as this if it is not." If it was--- He'd get to that if it came.

Joanne picked up the rageclaw, hoping her navi wouldn't lose another arm with its use this time. After all, he'd have a rather hard time kicking the viruses to death. She slotted it in, sighing.

"Alright, let's see..." Traceur spoke quietly, flexing his arm as he activated the rageclaw-- slowly this time. He let the power trickle into his arm, and--- it wasn't corrupted.

"Whew." He spoke, blinking as his vision slowly cleared itself of the crippling blurriness. Traceur raised his arm, whipping it up and down to check for any sort of glitch for a moment before lashing out at the melody that had hit him, as a sort of vengeance, punching at it to knock it into the air, then transferring the rageclaw into his foot to deliver a brutal kick.

"Missed you last time," he mentioned offhandedly to the remaining bunny, "Joanne, I'd like that shotgun."

"Hmm? Alright," Joanne said, picking out the shotgun from the final two chips remaining in the collective arsenal of chips.

"Time to uh--" Traceur had run out of quips off the top of his mind, so he simply took his revolver out and shot at the bunny. One simple shot, that was all.

1] Rageclaw Punch! [20 MelodyA at 20 MelodyB]
2] Rageclaw Kick! [20 MelodyA at 20 MelodyB]
3] Shotgun [50 BunnyA]
Traceur activates his Rageclaw even through his nausea, and whacks the Melody that hit him into the other Melody. He follows up with a powerful kicks, but only deletes the first one as the second one bounces out of its flying ally's way. Moving on, the electric gunsman blasted a Bunny to death with a Shotgun chip. The last Melody shook off its stun and got ready to attack.

BunnyA: DELETED
MelodyA: DELETED
MelodyB: 60
MelodyC: 35 (Attacking!)

Traceur: 85 [arm still busted until plug out][Rageclaw]
"Hmph," The navi smirked as he sheathed his weapon, seeing the melody about to attack. Rather than simply reloading and shooting it, he had a much more close-combat solution to the viral beast. He'd punch it to death.

"Not this time!" Traceur exclaimed as he channeled the power upward into his one remaining arm. Timing the attack based on the melody's attack, he shifted his stance twisting into an uppercut with all of his weight and power behind it. He couldn't put all of the momentum he might normally do with both arms, but the chip's power would make up for that particular instance.

"And now for you!" swiveling as he flipped out the cylinder of the weapon, he emptied it out as swiftly as his hand would allow, then slotted two bullets in.

"Joanne, Cannons!" he shouted out, slapping the cylinder back in and grabbing the weapon, cocking it as he aimed. Closing one of his eyes, he didn't wait to hear her response.

Joanne had been trying to get into the door on the roof so she could slowly proceed down the stairs and get out of the dorm in that manner, so she wordlessly slapped the chips in and went back to what she was doing.

The crack the pistol made was almost exquisite, considering how they had tried to kill him. Once, twice it rang out, then fell silent as he flipped the cylinder out, allowing the shells to fall to the floor with their slight rattle.

1] Rageclaw attacking MelodyC [40]
2] Cannon Melody B [40]
3] Cannon Melody B [40]
Bump.
Traceur's clawed fist managed to finish off the attacking Melody, ending the threat to his person. He then takes two shots at the final virus and manages to bring the hoping virus down.

BunnyA: DELETED
MelodyA: DELETED
MelodyB: DELETED!
MelodyC: DELETED!

Traceur: 85 [arm still busted until plug out]

Rewards: 650z
"Arright, we're three fifths of the way there, Traceur. Just a bit more and we're done with all this." Joanne spoke, grimacing slightly as she collected the pitiful amounts of zenny from this particularly threatening fight.

"Right." Traceur answered with a sigh, looking warily around as he took out the schedule and began reading down the dates.

[Battle 7]
A wall of armored foes approach Traceur. Two shrubbies sit behind them, hiding like pansies, as usual. Of course, the real threat seems to be a pair of eyes that sit way in the back. At the moment, both are looking off to the side, so its probably okay...

ArmadillA: 100
ArmadillB: 100
ArmadillC: 100
ArmadillD: 100
ShrubbyA: 50
ShrubbyB: 50
KillereyeA: 100
KillereyeB: 100

Terrain: 100% Grass

Traceur: 85 (busted arm)

Battle 7 Ready
Traceur cursed. More viruses. He scanned the schedule, sending a copy to Jo. This was not good, he thought as he crumpled up the paper and tossed it to the winds, where it swiftly evaporated. His version of the 'recycle bin', he supposed. Each of these viruses he was able to recognize at least slightly in each respect.

"Killereye, its name makes for basically what it does. Fires a nasty laser attack that hurts like all heck. They both haven't really noticed me yet, but they'll most certainly do so next turn, so I should do my best to take out as many as possible..." Traceur spoke, with Jo half-listening.

"We're safe, Traceur, his first class gets out at 2:30 today! He's not out for another hour!" Joanne spoke confidently, then spotted the viruses. "Whoa, that's an awful lot. Do you recognize any?"

"Yes. I just said about the Killereye, they're probably the largest threat. I really wish I had a flameline one or at least a heat shot right now. The entire place is grass, which means that those shrubbies are gonna be better off. I, however-- am not as lucky." Traceur shunted a bit of power to his fingers, where he let a spark play across his fingers for a second before fading. "This is possibly the worst battlefield we could have been given. The best thing is that the attackers we've got are mostly ground-based. I can probably jump over their attacks. The Killereyes are the only true ranged units here, and they're the biggest problem altogether. The worst part is the discrepancies of my damage."

"So we don't have enough chips, do we?" Joanne asked with a gulp, running a finger down the crook in her nose.

"That's about the gist of it. They have too many hit points for me to exploit my only area of attack chip, and their attacks are too high in damage to allow me a break." Traceur muttered something about bullshit odds, then fell silent.

"Well, I'm open to ideas," Joanne said, flipping the chips in her hand open.

"Ideas? More like suicidal charge..." Traceur spoke, sighing. "Alright. What I've got in mind is to take out their ranged units, then proceed to the shrubbies. Finally the armadills after that, I'll probably have to buster them to death, if I can't land all the hits."

"Let's hope it doesn't come to that," Joanne said softly. "What chips do you need, Traceur?"

"Wait. Wait a second. Killereyes are electric element. I can exploit the same thing that I did previously with the bunnies, but this'll have to hit. If not..." Traceur trailed off, and both of them knew what he didn't really want to say.

"Yeah." Joanne ended. "Whiteweb one coming in, anything else?"

"Nope, that should be all I need." Traceur's mouth slowly widened into a grin as he drew his pistol, loading it with four shells. One was already imbued with what he'd need. He sheathed it, he'd draw it when the time came. "Alright. Let's dance."

With that, he bent into a sprinter's crouch before taking off in long, quick strides. One, two, one two, one- jump. He pressed one leg into the grass as hard as he could, feeling the springy grass swiftly being crushed under his feet as he pushed off. He flailed his one arm while continuing to pedal his feet in midair, uselessly.

He hit the grass well, with both his feet before going into a roll. He rose up in the general vicinity behind the shrubbies, and quickly opened his hand, data coalescing in his palm. Three tiny grenades, with spoons wrapped around his index, middle, and ring finger. Closing his hand, he yanked each of the weapons off their trigger, and opened his hand, starting the fuses of each of the weapon.

"This is it." He tossed one of the miniature grenades in one of the shrubby's direction, hopefully before it could turn around. He positioned himself behind it, so that the attacks on the part of the armadills would have to go through their ally first.

"Two." He tossed another of the tube-like grenades at one of the killereyes.

"One." He threw the last one, and with that, they all went off. Not simultaneously, he wasn't quite good enough for that. They just went off in a seemingly random order. He viewed the steel-white piercing wires, then let the spoons fall from his hand. He drew his auto-revolver, and fired one shot. If his attack had worked perfectly, the one killereye left wouldn't be able to fire at him, with its 'eye' facing to the side.

That would have to be enough, he decided. For now, anyway. He needed to be ready for them and everything. Jo was too busy praying or something, possibly because what he had just tried to do was crazy.

1] Galvanic Charge: [Movement: Leap behind Shrubby A and try to get a decent vantage point to assault Shrubby A, and Killereyes A, B.]
[Save 40 Elec damage.]
2] Whiteweb: [ShrubbyA (40), Killereye A, B (40*2 Wood Elemental), Try to web ShrubbyA in place so that it can't attack properly, and so that Traceur can use it as a 'shield' against the armadills. Web Killereyes so they can't properly aim at Traceur.]
3] Prepped Dodge
Traceur runs at the line of enemies and somehow manages to jump the front group of Armadills. He then throws web bombs at three of the enemies. The Shrubby panics at the sudden developement, starts spazzing out, and in the process, manages to get the hell up out of the way of the bomb. The two Killereyes, however, are too busy looking to the side and thus get caught in the attack, which not only causes a good deal of deal of pain but also gets web on accross their eyes, blocking the attacker from view. Two of the Armadills curl up into balls and roll forward. When they return to their original position, they are turned around, facing the center of the battlefield to glare at Traceur. One of the Shrubbies spew a log at Traceur but the attack is predictable enough for him to hop.

ArmadillA: 100 (facing away from Traceur)
ArmadillB: 100
ArmadillC: 100 (facing away from Traceur)
ShrubbyA: 50
ShrubbyB: 50
KillereyeA: 20 (webbed)
KillereyeB: 20 (webbed)

"Two thirty is in five minutes, Jo." The words struck fear into Joanne's heart as she quickly looked at the time. Time certainly flew when you were cramming for something, or trying to finish that last bit of homework-- and she supposed this went along the same lines as she chewed on her bottom lip.

"Alright, we'll need to try get this thing done as quickly and efficiently as possible. I've already missed with one attack, and that took a giant chunk out of my damage potential. What can I do..." Traceur said, tapping the grass panels with his foot. He was limited in what he could do without being completely massacred, and he needed to do something fast. Real fast.

"Improvising--!" He shouted, "Shotgun- and Rageclaw!" Rolling to the left, he spun his lower body up as he channeled the power of the rageclaw into his feet, disintegrating the webs that bound the killereyes in the moment before his foot would come into contact with the powerful ranged viruses, propelling one at the other. He didn't want to take chances at all. If those two had broken out while he was attempting to tackle the problem of the shrubbies and armadillos, he would have been in an extremely rough situation. But the shrubbies were the next problem he had to solve. They had an attack that was at the very least slightly ranged, posing an obstacle to himself and his attacks. The Armadills he could attack directly afterward.

"Joanne, what do you think on this?" Traceur asked, rolling to the side of the shrubbies before pulling out the autorevolver. He cocked it and fired once, before spinning to cover the other enemies. He didn't like his chances much with them, but he really had no choice. Two weren't facing him, so they'd probably miss in the first place, but the other two would be the real threat.

"I think we need some more of an elemental advantage. As it is, you'll get slaughtered by anything without a severe elemental weakness. The shrubbies were the most dangerous thing on the field due to your electric element, but you should be able to take down the armadills without too much trouble---..." Joanne paused and viewed the Armadills. More remarkably, their HP. At a hundred each, with four of them, he'd have to do a lot of slashing with that rageclaw he had, and that was a very bad idea, considering their melee capacities. "Yeah, you need to get some fire chips, if this place continues to be all grassy knolls like it looks to be."

"Noted, but you'll have to shove me off onto Travis before you can do that, we're already late, it looks like." Traceur sighed, looking at the opposition once more. "This is not going to be pleasant." He felt the rageclaw power in his leg, but pulled out his pistol, readying it to fire at the first armadill to look like it was coming after him. If it made it so much as flinch, it'd throw off its attack. Hopefully.

"I take it I should start going down the stairs then?" Joanne stood up, walking over to the roof's door, which wouldn't open. She kicked it, but that only hurt her foot. Joanne grunted in pain, then went over to the side of the building. It was going to be a long climb down.

1] Rageclaw [Kick KillereyeA at KillereyeB: 20 to both]
2] Evasive roll to line up Shrubbies
3] Shotgun [50 to Shrubby A, spread to Shrubby B]
*] Prepare saved Galvanic Charge to fire at the first enemy that looks like it's going to attack.
Before the Killereye can even think of blasting through the web and hitting their offender, Traceur smacks one square into the other, deleting them both in one move. As the Shurbbies continue to dance around in panic, the navi moves in and waiting for just the right moment, fires a shot that takes both out. Three of the Armadills roll forward, only one of them toward Traceur. Two of them turn around during their maneuver, the other misses and gets hit by some sort of electric attack.

ArmadillA: 100
ArmadillB: 60
ShrubbyA: DELETED!
ShrubbyB: DELETED!
KillereyeA: DELETED!
KillereyeB: DELETED!

"Arright, gonna beat you bastards into a pulp right about now," Traceur commented lightly, his smiling facade not revealing how worried he was about now. "Well, then. I'll probably ask for a cannon a bit, but for now, I just need to kick the crap out of them, right Jo?"

"Yeah, they're just footballs that curl up in order to be that way, right?" Joanne replied, slowly climbing down the side of the building, reaching for the building sill to hang off of before dropping down to the next floor's porch area. There was an 'oof' sound as she hit the ground somewhat roughly before rolling to her feet.

"I guess so," Traceur said wryly, looking at the armadills in a new light. Perhaps kicking one at its allies would set off a chain reaction. He pondered the thought, but kept in mind that football was not billiards. He'd probably not get that chance, but at least he could possibly hit one with the other.

"Hmm, I think I'll have to head for the one that's wounded. I've probably got the best chance to take it down." Traceur dashed at the wounded armadill, winding up his foot and taking a shot at it to kick it up in the air. Not paying attention to whether the attack actually hit or not, he jumped into the air, whipping his foot at the spot where he had aimed for.

"Take this!" He yelled as he tumbled into the ground, hitting hands first as he planted one hand after the other, almost 'walking' for a second before twisting back into his upright position.

"I'll slot in these cannons for you-- when I'm not three stories up---" Joanne said as she dropped down another another floor, grabbing onto the edge. "Whew, nearly missed that one."

"Take it easy, I've got it all handled here," Traceur grinned, looking at the remaining viruses somewhat nervously. He shifted back and forth, ready for an attack on their part, he'd not be taken unaware this time around.

1] Rageclaw [ArmadillB: 40]
2] Rageclaw [ArmadillB at Armadill A: 20 to both]
3] Prepped dodge
Traceur beats the wounded Armadill once before smacking it off to the side. The heavy virus proves hard to move and Traceur can feel a bit of strain on his remaining arm. However, move it does and the one virus is deleted upon contact. The central Armadill makes a move on the navi but he evades the attack.

ArmadillA: 80
ArmadillB: DELETED!

"Alright, we've got two more of the buggers, after I finish this one up." Traceur commented as he went after the already wounded Armadill. This should have been a lot easier, but he had run out of the decent damage area of effect chips. "Anything else besides the cannons, Jo?"

"Whoa!" Joann fell from the second floor, hitting the ground with a distinct thud. She managed to break the fall with her legs and roll, so it hadn't been as bad as it could have been. "Uh, just a minute. Ow. Uh, no. Just two cannons are left."

"Sheesh. Not good. Uh, I guess I'll just have to use this rageclaw a bit more. As long as I use it carefully, it should be fine. I'd hate to be reduced to plinking away with my buster." Traceur grimaced, and sighed. This was certainly not looking as quick and easy as his first battle up. He'd have to really work to kill these viruses. It'd take quite a while to do as well.

"Alright, tell me when you want the cannon, Traceur. I'm going to go limp over to a chair and try to sit down. Maybe we'll have enough by the end of this battle. That'd be nice." Joanne groaned as she slowly got to her feet. Her arms ached just as much as her thighs from how she had fallen and rolled. Wasn't enough time to twist in midair and do it properly, she had had to improvise. It worked. But not very well.

"Alright. Let's get moving, you little footballs." Traceur lashed out a leg at one of the Armadills in a snap-kick motion, then leapt into the air. He shifted his stance, and brought his leg around in a roundhouse kick.

"I really hope this rageclaw in my leg doesn't break my leg as well. That'd be embarrassing to see, a one armed, one legged navi hopping around trying to kill viruses." Traceur chuckled softly, then drew his autorevolver, shaking out the previous casings. "I'll take a zapring now."

"Coming right-- oops." Joanne looked at the case of the battlechip, suddenly grateful it resembled a game cartridge rather than a disc. The casing was cracked. Probably from her fall. "Uh, here you go." She hurriedly inserted it, praying that it wouldn't damage the PET.

"Oops?" Traceur said suspiciously, reloading the single bullet. He took aim at the other two Armadills, readying himself to fire at any one that took a shining to trying to flatten him into the ground. "What do you mean, 'oops'?"

"Uh, absolutely nothing," Joanne commented, grinning nervously. "I'll tell you later."

"Huh..." Traceur replied, glancing at her before leveling his weapon at the armadill that hadn't quite rolled at him yet. The armadill that had missed him would probably spend its time recovering, so he could nail the one that was most likely to attack and take out the other armadill in good time. With that, he fired the electric bolt of energy from his weapon, smiling grimly.

1] Rageclaw ArmadillA [40]
2] Rageclaw ArmadillA [40]
3] Fire Zapring at ArmadillD [45 Elec+Stun1]
Traceur smacks around the hurt Aramdill a bit and manages to take the big boy down. He then fires a Zapring at the idle Armadill. Because of this, it is unable to attack and wastes time instead shaking off the ailment.

ArmadillA: DELETED!
ArmadillB: DELETED!
ArmadillD: 55

"Only two left, only two left," Traceur muttered to himself as a mantra, cracking his neck once before looking long and hard at the two viruses remaining. One was out of commission for the time being, he could probably even use it as a projectile at the other one if he could simply position it right.

"I'll be using the rageclaw to finish up this mess," the navi spoke as he contradictorily leveled his autorevolver at the final two enemies, flipping it open and placing it halfway back into his holster. Traceur placed the single bullet he wanted inside, drawing it once more before flipping it closed. "I don't have any proper quips on me right now, maybe I'll plagiarize someone else's when I meet another navi."

The single shot rang out like a starting gun's blank as Traceur ran for the virus he had fired the shot at with surprising speed. His legs pounded into the ground, faster, faster until he finally leapt into the air. His legs separated, bending back at the knee while the other straightened and locked into position. Forward, at the armadill unfortunate to be in his way.

"I'd give it a seven," Joanne remarked in response to the attack as she hobbled into a bench, wincing as she sat. She glanced over to the fountain, where she was supposed to meet her brother-- and there he was, sitting there and checking his watch every thirty seconds or so. He got up and started pacing about that often as well. He hadn't seen her yet, so she slouched and made sure that he didn't see her properly at all.

"Whatever," Traceur replied as he sprung backward. His feet were still not used to the grassy ground, and he was tearing it up as he moved through it. It both gave him less and more traction simultaneously, which was inconvenient for compensating for sudden turns and speedy attacks. If only this was magnetic field, where the panels would give him incredible traction and speed while disabling other viruses to play the field as his perfect advantage. "Maybe I could make something like that..." He muttered, looking around.

1] Galvanic Charge: 40 Elec to Armadill D +Movement
*]Movement used to run at Armadill D
2] Rageclaw Armadill D at Armadill C
3] Prepped dodge