The Jury of Slaves

<<Something's not right.>> Jim whispered to Fissure. Having been an observer for the duration of the mission, he felt he had an obligation to share his thoughts. <<That policewoman's got something up her sleeve. Something that'll keep Bullrun occupied at least.>>

"Boy, if I ever wanted your opinion i'd most likely be shoving glass into my eyes and frothing at the mouth, because I would be crazy."[b][/b] Fissure hissed with morbid politeness.

<<Oh. Sorry.>> Jim mumbled weakly. But still, the situation didn't seem right to him. If Fissure were to take sides with the netpolice, that would ostracize them from an entire mafia family, and possibly the whole mafia itself. But on the other hand Jim couldn't quite believe that Bullrun was standing before them. It could quite possibly be a trick to catch them out.

Also of note, they still had a mission to accomplish. With no sign of City or her bodyguards, they would have to contend with Bullrun for a chance to capture Bayonet, if it was even possible to take her on.

Another nails-on-a-chalkboard chuckle from Fissure rang around the stands.

"You want me to pick a side? I think that's the wrong question, my dears."[b][/b]

He revealed the pair of minibombs he was still carrying within his cloak, twirling them lazily on the tip of his talons.

"The real question to ask is... 'Who's going to be on my side?'"[b][/b]

With a grin and a lengthy flick of his elongated arms, Fissure tossed one explosive to land, unactivated, at the feet of each woman.

"You may have your suspicions about me, and that's all fine and dandy, but how am I supposed to trust either of you? I can't have faith in you if you can't have faith in me."[b][/b]

Fissure stood with a flourish of his dark cape, his body elongated to twice the height of his ninja retinue, who themselves readied for combat.

"Well, it's all very unfortunate that City's gone, that's put me right in a pickle."[b][/b] said Fissure, who spread his arms in a mocking shrug.

"Tell you what. If you're all about to start shooting at each other, i'll side against whoever 'throws the first punch', so to speak. Doesn't that sound fair?" [b][/b] He smiled devilishly.

--------------------------------------

TURN SUMMARY

1: Minibomb (UNACTIVATED) -> Bullrun
2: Minibomb (UNACTIVATED) -> Bayonet
3/4: Dodge if necessary
((Sorry that took so long))

"You've got some reeeeal cahones, pulling that routine around me, stranger,"[font=rockwell][/font] Bullrun guffawed. "If you're gonna play around with me, best be warned: I play around hard! But here, if it's the first punch you want, let me go ahead and get us started!"[font=rockwell][/font] With that, the giant, bull-armored navi rocketed with alarming speed from where she was standing, hurtling towards the NP officer like a meteor.

With some difficulty, Fissure managed to make out her form: she was running with one arm extended out, intending to perform a wrestling clothesline. She was so much taller than Bayonet that Fissure could only imagine the arm would catch the NP officer in the face rather than the neck or chest. Just as Bullrun was about to connect, however, the NP officer rolled out of the way, causing the mafia navi to vanish into the side of the theater's seating, raising a huge dust cloud.

In a cartoon, watching that fast moving character pound into the side of a wall and then emerge, dizzy, would be sort of entertaining. Bullrun sort of took the fun out of it, emerging as though she didn't even realize she'd just pulverized stone architecture with her head. "Good going! It'd be a little too easy if I got you on the first hit, wouldn't it?"[font=rockwell][/font]

"You're not going to get me at all, I'm afraid. I never enter a battle without thoroughly analyzing the situation first. It should come as no surprise to you that this one is also set for my advantage," Bayonet busted, dusting off her white navisuit pants. "The outcome is secured in my favor so long as I survive your attacks."

"Oh yeah? So me putting all of your boys on stretchers back at the restaurant, that was in your plan? Ha ha ha, your plans can't stop the unstoppable, bitch!"[font=rockwell][/font] the mafia navi laughed, opening her mouth to show a row of frighteningly sharp teeth (which oddly, didn't seem to fit a bull).

Certainly, however, she could not have planned for Fissure's arrival or that he'd be accompanied by Oni's henchmen. Their addition might allow the mafia a victory in the battle.

Bayonet: 200 HP (1 movement away from Bullrun and Fissure)

Bullrun: 725 HP
Fissure: 180 HP (on raised architecture)
Blade Slave: 80 HP (on raised architecture)
Fire Arrow Slave: 100 HP (on raised architecture)
Healer Slave: 140 HP (on raised architecture)
Barrier Slave: 120 HP (on raised architecture)

Terrain: 100% Normal, raised seats surrounding theater (1 action to climb on top or down)
((2 years, 6 months and 7 days to post. Is that a record? :'D))

Fissure applauded from his place in the stands. "That's what I like to see!" he clucked, chuckling like a rusty bell. "Looks like you win the grand prize, Lady Bull, of being the most interesting!"

He regarded the scene with unrestrained mirth. The redcoat certainly seemed confident, despite the overwhelming odds. That meant she was either insanely cocky... or hiding something. His operator may be dim but even he could see that.

"Boy," Fissure spoke to the timid youth as though he were a serf. "I won't be needing you for now. Listen carefully."

<<Uh... Yeah. Sure thing.>> Jim seemed uncertain, but complied. He was loyal, but not the sharpest tool and would probably never figure it out, the poor thing. It was fortunate then that there was someone else Fissure could rely on.

Once he was sure he had Jim's ear, Fissure spoke. The voice was unlike anything that had previously poured from his iron lips. It was firm, authoritative, commanding, and lacked any gleeful screeching. An underlying whine rattled off a series of numbers and phrases, barely audible to all but the recipient. The recording simply said:

"Hyacinth, Bring Me Victory."

The PET became quiet for a moment. Then came an utterance of greeting.

<<Fissure. I'm disappointed to see that your awful smile hasn't yet been pounded off your ridiculous face.>>

"Ah, Hyacinth, the pleasure really is all mine!" Fissure addressed the person on the other side of the PET with warm, eager familiarity, rather than the cold aloofness he reserved for his regular operator. He reveled in the verbal abuse. "Be a dear and see if we can't do something to help out our new friend, hmm?"

'Hyacinth' mulled over the situation before speaking again, this time to Fissure's assorted colleagues.

<<Miss Blade. Establish a perimeter. Warn me if there are any reinforcements approaching or in hiding. Be mindful of the sky and the ground. Take care to stay out of Bullrun's way.>>

The lascivious lady merely nodded and set to her task.

<<The rest of you, support Fissure and Bullrun from a distance. Watch for danger and make sure not to get caught in any collapsing stands.>>

<<As for you.>> The voice failed to hide its distaste. <<Distract the officer and try to lock her. She's far too nimble for Bullrun to catch her.>>

"Well, it's about time! I feel like it's been years since I got to do anything!"

A ball of silver light formed within the forest of Fissures great talons. Following Hyacinth's directions, he pointed it down towards the arena centre and let it burst from his palm. Bayonet most likely suspected an attack, but this was merely the introduction.

"Ladies, the name is Fissure! And if you start with the fish puns..." Fissure's leer was second nature, right right next to the cacophonous abomination he employed as his voice. "...then you'll really crack me up!"

Fissure's next move was to take a shot at one of the minibombs he had employed earlier. He made sure to select the one nearest to Bayonet so that, even if he missed or the bomb decided not to erupt, it would at least contribute to unbalancing her.

Finally, the coup-de-grace. Fissure opened his mouth, the maw widening to the point where it might break this jaw. A large iron key trailing chains and manacles soared towards the target, vomited up with explosive force. Should the key pierce Bayonet's heart, it would leave her trapped for Bullrun to take advantage of.

Although it seems rather redundant to mention at this point, Fissure was smiling. It was a long while since he'd seen combat, and it felt good to be back.

"Endlessly pleased to make your acquaintance."

---FISSURE'S TURN SUMMARY---

[1]: Powershot (50 dmg + Impact, B) -> Bayonet

[2]: Rapid Buster (5 dmg) -> Minibomb nearest Bayonet

[3]: {Sig, 3TCD} Soul Lock (Shot Type, Freeze + Hold) -> Bayonet

[4]: Bastard's Bulwark (Shield)

[Cooling] Soul Lock, 3 Turns Left
"Ha ha ha! I wonder if everyone's ever called me a Lady before? I don't think it fits me," Bullrun guffawed. She was probably right. Her musculature was pretty rare to see on any woman, and even barring that, her manners and attitude would bar her from that title. "I don't need a single lick of help against this pageant girl, but if you insist!"

"You'll regret getting involved with her. Whether that will be sooner, when you're brought in wearing cuffs, or later, when you realize that the Mafia values their own people little more than the lives they toy with," the officer scolded. She was acting cold, but the fact that she was even taking the time to speak to him in this situation showed how truly she hated the Mafia.

"Keep your eyes on the priiiiiiiiiii-!" Bullrun cackled, starting into a charge that gained unbelievable acceleration in a split second. Bayonet barely rolled out of the way, then found herself tagged by one of Fissure's attacks, one which he possibly hadn't expected to find its mark at all. She held the burning spot on her uniform briefly, cursing the difficulty of her situation. Worse, she had ended up right next to Fissure's Minibomb. Rather than wait for it to explode, she placed her gloves onto the floor of the net to spring into a handstand. Mid-air, two other redcoats appeared... it was hard to tell if they were exact doubles, but they were good enough to fool anyone at a distance.

The sword-wielding puppet nodded, then ran to look for reinforcements. Bayonet furrowed her brow; she realized that Fissure was going to inhibit the arrival of the backup she was awaiting. The other women surrounding him readied their weapons, training arrows and pointing magic staffs, while Fissure shot a chain weapon down from his mask opening to hold her in place. A barrier rose to cover her and deflected it, while an arrow from a nearby puppet broke the defense. When the barrier fell, a cannon was waiting in its place... rather, a line of three cannons. "Fire!" the redcoat bellowed, launching a barrage of cannonballs into the rafters. Fissure's shield was blown to bits. The arrow-using puppet also exploded into pieces and data. The barrier puppet was hit as well, but she crumpled, leaking data but surviving.

The officer turned and raised a shield of her own, just in time to deflect a flying punch from Bullrun. The shockwave blasted Bullrun, causing her shoulder cape to billow, but she barely reacted besides the addition of an even cockier smirk. Another punch came around, blasting Bayonet in the stomach and causing her to reel. "I thought I told you to keep your eyes on me? That makes me real, real angry," she growled, licking her lips and grabbing one meaty hand to Bayonet's sleeve. Sweat poured down Bayonet's forehead, as she'd already exerted most of her options. She managed to pull her arm free of her jacket sleeve, then clasped her hand to Bullrun's gauntlet, but the mafioso simply grabbed hold of her other arm and wrenched it back, showing that she hadn't begun to apply pressure before. In spite of herself, the NP officer couldn't stop her face from contorting in pain. "That's the look I like to see!"

"You can't win. Your reinforcements are already shot," Bayonet huffed, "and all I have to do is survive!"

"All you have to do?" the giant woman cackled, then hooked her arms under those of her opponent. The NP officer let out a gasp of pain as her boots left the floor of the net; her coat fell around her as she turned upside down, powerless to stop Bullrun from lifting her into a full vertical suplex hold above her head. "Oh, this reminds me! Horse Boy... This was about the same way he died! Funny!" the gold-armored brute shook with laughter, rolling her tongue out of her mouth.

"I... won't surrender from a move... like this," Bayonet answered through clenched teeth.

"You think an Undershirt will save you?! But it's no good against an attack like this!" Bullrun cackled, running forward and hopping while bringing Bayonet down to the net floor with her. At a different speed, the move would have looked simple, but the acceleration and force was so uncanny that a voluminous crater opened up immediately onto the net floor, so quickly the thunderous splintering of earth barely had a chance to erupt outward before the NP officer was buried into the earth. The duplicates disappeared immediately, before they had any chance to act. No corpse or remains could be seen of the enemy officer... One could only assume she'd jacked out or been deleted completely.

Bullrun rose to her feet with a distasteful frown. "She ran away!" the mafioso clarified, smashing her fist into the nearest wall such that Fissure could feel the seating area shake beneath his feet. "Coward! But that's not surprising coming from someone so weak," she spat. "If only I'd had a jackout barrier with me, we would have gotten her good." Fissure recalled that reinforcements were, most likely, still incoming... but Bullrun didn't seem like she cared. "Were you supposed to tag that one for ol' Fat Ass? Sorry about that!" the bull armored woman guffawed. "Only just occurred to me why you're here with his girlies. Say... how about this. I'm going to stay here and mop up. You lend me one of those girls, maybe the one with the long staff, and I'll send you back something to tell Boss Oni that there's not going to be any hard feelings between you and him. A message from me to him that tells him that I've got your back. How does that sound?" she offered, smirking widely. She already had one giant hand wrapped around the upper arm of the puppet in question.

Bayonet: EJO'D

Bullrun: 695 HP (1 hit shield equipped)
Fire Arrow Slave: EJO'D
Healer Slave: 140 HP (on raised architecture)
Barrier Slave: 20 HP (on raised architecture)

Terrain: 100% Normal, raised seats surrounding theater (1 action to climb on top or down)
As the shock wave from Bullrun's pile driver hit the stands, Fissure's serpentine figure undulated like a blade of grass caught in the wind. The impressive display left the iron-grey navi speechless for a moment, entranced as he was by the sheer raw power rippling through the Netmafia badass.

"Wow. What a woman."

The voice on the other end of his PET scoffed in disgust; Hyacinth generally disliked anything that Fissure took an interest in. It was enormously entertaining. <<Focus on the mission. I can't stand the sight of you for much longer.>>

"Drink it in, darling!" Fissure cackled, rolling his hands down his sides to indicate his body, "You won't have the opportunity to look at it much longer."

The anvil-and-scythe feet slithered down the rattled stands in a surprisingly deft motion. Talon met talon in shrieking discord as Fissure applauded and approached Bullrun.

"My lady, you fight with such imposing grace! That battle was as a master artist performing her craft!" Fissure lauded with almost genuine admiration. "It is a fine offer and one I can hardly bring myself to decline, especially from a finer dame."

Fissure ambled back over to the stands. Before him the bloodied, convulsing Barrier Slave looked up at him with through her golden mask. Fissure helped the injured puppet to her feet, grinned at the digital ooze leaking from the wound and suddenly rammed a sickly-green glowing talon into her chest. She shuddered in mute shock at the attack, then slowly breathed easy as healing energies flowed through her wound.

The gangly, gun-metal navi tapped her on the head with the tip of a claw. "Get in touch with the big man, please. He's probably dying to hear from me!"

-----

[1]: {Sig, 3TCD} Healing Shiv (Melee Type, 60 Healing + 2-hit Shield) -> Barrier Slave

[2]: Contact Boss Oni through Barrier Slave
Bullrun smirked at the other navi, looking down at him only by virtue of the fact that his body was not as upright as it could be. "Ha! You're a funny guy," the mafioso laughed along with Fissure, seeming to catch the truth that nothing about what just happened could rationally be described as beautiful. "And a smart one. Don't worry; this'll be over in a snap!" Snickering, she further reeled in the arm of the healer slave that she was holding on to and wrapped one hand around its face; the metal of the mask scrunching made a noisy scrunching sound, not unlike that of his claws rubbing together. With the same force that she'd used to battle back the NP officer, Bullrun squeezed her thick fingers in on the navi's head, causing data to leak out from behind the mask in a sickening display of brutality. At this point, a rational being could only be happy that the hapless slave had her face covered, to hide whatever had just happened. "There you go. Show him this, then tell that sad sack of crap that if he's got a problem with my interfering with his mission, he should try talking to his doll about it. She can still listen to him! I think."

Fissure was currently engaged in some manhandling of another slave, although his was legitimately healing that one. The slave didn't protest, although its body shuddered. Shortly after the would-be mafioso requested an audience with his employer, Boss Oni's voice began to sound out from behind the mask, making an already disturbing scene even more repulsive. "Huh? Who's that?" his voice murmured; it sounded like he was talking around something in his mouth, which probably was no surprise. Assuming Fissure answered, he'd continue. "Ah, yes! What news have you to report? I hope you've found a good one for me! My oni mark shouldn't be wasted, you know? Uh huh huhuh..." The laughter trailed off into obnoxious smacking.

Before he had the chance to answer, Bullrun moved in, grabbing the barrier-generator's head this time and thankfully refraining from smashing it. "Lard ass!" she snapped into the puppet's face.

"What?! Bull, what are you doing there? I don't recall asking for Bloodhound assistance in this mission... It was supposed to be Teksqp family business! A recruitment mission for my valuable new ally. I give you a lot of leeway to do whatever you want, but could you at least let one simple recruitment mission go off without a hitch?!" the boss responded indignantly, apparently already sensing that something was amiss.

The gold-armored navi laughed, throwing an arm around Fissure's shoulder as she did. "Ha ha ha! Come on, we're great together! The Teksqp family needs the Bloodhounds family and, uh, I guess we kind of need you guys too. We should get along," she chuckled, which didn't jive with her action of crushing the heads of one of Boss Oni's girls... although, the puppet that had been brutalized earlier was still standing, amazingly. "So, if this snake guy helps me out, I figure it's the same as helping you out. I think he deserves to join your Family!"

"Hah! You don't have the right to make that call," Oni grunted, although he might be a little less quick to protest if she was there next to him. "Let the recruit speak for himself. Ahurm hmph-hmph!" Fissure could hear him clear his throat with emphasized importance. "Fissure, what is the status of your mission? Have you found a delicious target for my Oni Mark?" Unfortunately, having left City back in the restaurant and with Bayonet ejected, the only girl left was Bull until NP reinforcements finally showed up... And she'd probably be a hard sell for any classically-minded appreciator of women.

"Does it matter?" Bull snuffed, the ring at the nose of her helmet jingling against its lower lip as she tilted her head back. "Hey, I'm sending him back! He'll show you something that'll make you realize you ain't got any choice but to let him in. Won't you, Buddy?" she patted the snake twice on its upper back, or wherever she figured that was, with a far-too-hard slap of her gauntlet's palm.

"I'm talking to him, dammit!" the Teksqp employer complained, not being the type to appreciate being talked over.

Bayonet: EJO'D

Bullrun: 695 HP (1 hit shield equipped)
Fire Arrow Slave: EJO'D
Healer Slave: 20 HP (on raised architecture)
Barrier Slave: 80 HP (on raised architecture) (2 hit shield)

Fissure reflected on the development of the situation. He had been so caught up in the motions of deception (and later, awe) that he had missed the chance at capturing either of the acceptable targets he had come across. This lapse might have cost him the good faith of the the house he intended to join. Fissure decided that he could save face by adopting a stance of semi-honesty.

"Lot of corpses here, Mr O," he rattled the tips of his talons together in a contemplative gesture, "I mean no offense by assuming, but I believe your taste in women require them to have a pulse."

Fissure could almost, almost, hear Hyacinth rolling his eyes, which endeared the navi with no end of mirth.

The serpentine navi coiled around the mute doll connected to Boss Oni. His head spun around so his pointed face poked into the slave's face "This mission is about earning your trust, so to speak. I'll prove it to you one way or another."

"As for you offer, my Lady," Fissure twisted around the slave to face the bewitching Bloodhound, "I'll consider myself off-the-clock, so to speak. My thanks for that."

Fissure coughed politely, which is to say he made a sound like a handful of loose screws falling into a metal bin.

"On the other hand, I'm not in any hurry. You wouldn't mind if I stayed to observe, would you? We could even make a game of it!"

Fissure's left hand morphed into Boss Oni's Lordly Cannon. The image of the weapon reflected off of his malicious grin, promising a sour time to its unfortunate targets. Eyes lingering on Bullrun, he couldn't claim that his reasons for staying were entirely academical.

"What do you say? Interested in a spot of clay pigeon shooting?"
"Bah! I knew it. That woman brings devastation wherever he goes. I do too, of course, but I pick my targets! Discretion is what separates thinkers from savages," Oni growled in response, not sounding particularly pleased with the report. "You're damn right. We at the Teksqp can be a little eccentric, as you know, but I personally favor my girls lively." He might expect something like "don't return home empty handed" now, but there was no such order. Perhaps Boss Oni was still too intimidated by the things Bullrun had said earlier. Once Fissure essentially offered to let the mission go that way, however, the big man seemed happy to oblige. "Good. Endeavor to be a mafioso that the Teksqp can be proud of! Ambition in all things, remember that! I believe that ambition is what separates thinkers from savages," he chuckled, not realizing he'd just used that line.

Bullrun watched him with smiling anticipation, but with a kind of selfish, sadist longing for cruelty that far surpassed any genuine desire to help Fissure succeed. Her tail swished back and forth excitedly like an animals, which would be cute, if it was maybe a cat or a dog's rather than a cow's and, most importantly, was attached to something that could properly be described as "cute" without fear of injury. "If you want to stick around, that's fine with me. I always like an audience," she shrugged. "A game? Now you're talking! I don't shoot, but that still sounds pretty good. I could probably make a dive at 'em... Assuming you're talkin' about what I think you're talkin' about?" she asked, grinning wide and showing her sharp teeth (something that real bulls didn't even have, so they must purely be for the purpose of added potential for violence). "How about I give the first chuck and you can take first shot? You ready?" she asked, tightening her grip on the barrier slave. Before waiting to confirm that sacrificing Oni's slaves was what he'd been hinting at, she reeled back her arms, then hurled the puppet-like girl bodily into the air, its thin frame spinning mid-air like a frisby. "Got some good height on that one!" Bull laughed, admiring her handiwork. "But still, take the shot, quick!"

Jack in beams were heard coming from somewhere nearby, but even if NP were showing up now, they'd probably wait until all were assembled before engaging the enemy. Trying to visually locate the beams was difficult, like trying to catch a bolt of lightning flashing across the sky without knowing which direction to anticipate it in. Fissure would have to consider hard whether he really wanted to be around when they attacked; the coming battle might involve jackout barriers and/or virtucuffs, manacle-like devices NP officers were known to use as a means to subdue criminals.
Fissure grinned madly at the invitation, raised the Lordly Cannon into the air, sighted his target and made to fire. However, just as he sent the ignition command along his arm, the weapon vanished, overridden with the thin, beam-like barrel of a PowerShot. A white ray of energy speared into the air towards the flung slave.

Fissure rattled a sigh. "Always ruining my fun, eh H?"

<<That would have been an atrocious waste of resources,>> Hyacinth scolded, <<You're digging yourself into a pit that you won't be able to crawl out of!>>

Fissure reveled in the exasperation in his operator's voice. <<It makes me wonder why I bother with you at all!>>

"Oh, Hyacinth!" Fissure sneered smugly, "You know it's because you can't stand the thought of being without me!"

Hyacinth huffed. <<No, it's because you have those damn... Ugh! Just do whatever!>>

Satisfied for the moment, Fissure took the time to take note of the jack-in beams' tell-tale noise showering around the stadium. A tussle with the NetPolice? My, my, my, that did sound like an interesting time. Perhaps he might get to try on one of those delightfully snug-looking virtucuffs...

"Rehearsal's over, sadly," he pined sarcastically at Bullrun, "But it sounds like the real party's about to start!"

-------

[1]: Powershot (50 dmg + Impact, B ) -> Barrier Slave
"Woah, you're firing that big thing at her?! Can you even aim it?! Ga ha ha ha!" Bullrun laughed at Fissure's attempt to use the exaggeratedly large Lordly Cannon to pick the Barrier Slave she'd tossed out of the sky. At the last second, it got changed to a powershot weapon instead, blasting its target and sending them off course into the stands with a dull thud. "Not bad, not bad! But next time, try to smash it! C'mon, grab another one and toss it, I'll show you how it's done!" the big lady chortled, wind-milling one arm while pressing the opposite glove to her bicep, as if preparing to perform a running clothesline on someone. Of course, there wasn't really time to do that; the jack-in beams had stopped and the sound of organized infiltration was beginning, with the noise of many footsteps marching around the auditorium in unison. Soon enough, a slew of white-and-black armored NP navis began to appear from over the tops and around the bends of the stands; there sheer number was amazing. It was clear that the NP wasn't taking the threat of Bullrun, and perhaps moreso Bullrun with a willing ally, lightly.

As more navis continued to pour out, the sound of wheels came from nearby. Around the bend, three large, wooden constructs emerged: a medieval battering ram on wheels, a anthropomorphic wooden robot, and a heavy wooden vehicle with a tank-like design. Each of the three had ram heads perched atop them, shields mounted onto the front, and the battering ram had something extra: another figure in wooden armor, with large ram horns curling off of their helmet and a bow hanging from a rack on the back of the suit. The armor made them look about seven-and-a-half feet tall. "Bullrun! We've got you surrounded!" a young-girl's voice announced from inside the giant armor, wholly unfitting. Her claim was nearly true, but there was still the back of the auditorium Bullrun could theoretically make an escape from.

From behind the tank, another woman emerged: this one dressed in a heavy blue night-robe with a small cape over the shoulders and a long sleeping cap. Her hair was white and braided and her half-shut pink eyes made her look nearly about to fall asleep on her feet. "Bullrun... Don't you ever take naps?" she asked, probably meaning to imply that Bullrun was a constant source of trouble for them.

"I don't get much sleep during the night hours, truth be told, Dopey," Bullrun joked, but it wasn't clear whether that was the other navi's actual name or not. "You guys really want to take a shot at me? I'll wipe out one side of you with my first charge, guaranteed."

"We know the risks! But we also know that there's no way you can beat all of us," the younger girl defended. "Bertram! Ramses! Ramiro! Prepare to attack! Focus your assault on Bullrun!" As she spoke, she removed the arrow from her back, then, using a long match to light a pile of lumber to her right, kindled the arrow's tip to create a fire arrow. "Somnia, the sooner you can put Bullrun to sleep, the better!"

"It won't take long, Oxy," Somnia reassured her ally.

"Ha ha ha ha! How long do you think you got?!" Bullrun roared, hunching over into a sprinter's position. She seemed to abandon the position as she ran forward, instead bounding ahead on all fours like an animal, pointing her horns towards Somnia. One of the big wooden things, the humanoid one, moved to stand in front of Somnia. The two figures disappeared in an explosion of rubble, old amphitheater architecture, and wood, with a thunderous crash. It was impossible to tell what was happening under all of that, but both of the remaining wooden structures turned so that the one riding them had her back to Fissure.

At the same time, the less distinct NP officers, probably non-custom models, were beginning to close in on Fissure. There would be no logical way to fight all of them. "Fissure! Dammit, Fissure, get out of there! I won't have one of my new recruits being captured on his first mission, no matter how eccentric he is! Bullrun will get out of there just fine. Just leave, leave and resume the mission to find me a new puppet elsewhere!" Oni barked, sounding far more concerned about re-establishing the original mission. Of course, Fissure could probably feel pretty safe with Bullrun's vouching now, whether Oni liked it or not, assuming the horn-head made it out of this. It would be difficult for Fissure to find anyway to contribute in this battle environment, though. Fissure still had the support of the few remaining slaves (the barrier one was MIA, having been thrown away earlier), but they probably wouldn't do him much good at this stage.
Fissure's smile lost its sharp edge. As he watched Bullrun charge off into the imposing military cordon, a cold feeling washed through his skeletal trunks. It was the feeling of seeing what you desired most in the hands of another. Envy.

He knew he was in over his head. Fissure could hardly be called a strong, battle-oriented navi. A powerful ally he might have, but the overwhelming Net-Police presence could potentially overpower Bullrun with sheer numbers, or simply take far too long to for Bullrun to demolish before they grabbed him. Both his new boss and his operator were frantically urging him to skedaddle, which was, of course, the logical option.

There was a truth Fissure had been avoiding. He was weak now. Frail and stunted. A shadow of his ultimate vision. But that would change. In time, he would look back on this moment and laugh at his cowardice. But it was a self-serving cowardice that felt... comforting. It grated on Fissure to head their warnings, but ambition took sacrifice. And sometimes, getting what you want meant not getting what you like.

"Alright, my little flower." Fissure acceded to Hyacinth. "This spotlight's become unbearable. We'll take our leave and look elsewhere. I'm afraid I'll be missing the show. Remind me to make it up to the good lady some other time." Fissure smirked, 'good' being about the least apt way to describe the horned Bloodhound.

<<Finally.>> Hyacinth muttered. <<I swear, it's always the braindead programs that need my help...>>

Fissure signaled for the slaves to retreat in any way they could, aiming to meet up when out of the line of fire. The mooks of the Net-Police approached him with wariness but it was their trepidation that would be their downfall. Fissure held out his hand, and Hyacinth obliged with an Energy Bomb. There was certainly no way he could do any significant damage to the front of powerful police navis coming his way, but he could at least be a nuisance and a distraction. With one last salient grin, Fissure tossed the bomb high into the air, then turned and stomped his way through the rear exit of the stadium as fast as his odd legs would allow, letting the bomb fall in his wake, hoping the dust would hide his escape.

He needed to move, far past the Net-Police cordon and beyond anyone who would try to catch up. He'd lie low in some dark alley, then go looking for another 'prize' to present to his new boss.

Ambition took sacrifice. But ambition fueled him. And in the end, the sacrifice need not be his own...
Whatever affinity he might feel for the Bloodhounds' star quarterback, Fissure knew that he wouldn't be able to stand up against the rapidly swelling number of Netpolice navis. He decided to flee the scene, in search of somewhere he could lay low, lose some heat, and then resume the mission Boss Oni had given him. Fortunately, it seemed that Bullrun had drawn the full attention of the goat-bots and the officer in blue, so the only ones headed after Fissure were a few of the generic NP grunts who'd probably been assigned to splinter off and pursue him.

This was a business district, so there were plenty of alleyways to hide in. Right now, Fissure had two major problems: the first, perhaps predictably, was that the NP had evacuated the surrounding area after Bullrun's attack, so he was going to have pretty slim pickings for cannon targets. The other problem was that Oni's dolls were still following him and without his criminal cunning seemed content to stay a few feet behind him at all times. As long as no one was tailing him too closely, he ought to be fine. For now, his problem was too few officers, not too many. Noises like rumbling earth and shells exploding, as well as a dim lullaby, were coming from the area he'd just fled.

Looking around, Fissure would also notice he was short one slave, the sword one this time. That might explain how he'd managed to get away from the miniature mob of NP officers that had been trying to chase him down.

"Fissure! I'm detecting that you've escaped the firefight. Now, refocus your efforts on finding me a model... Capture the likeness quickly and then return immediately," Oni grumbled out of the face of the remaining arrow slave; he might be pleased that Fissure had avoided being dogpiled by NP, but he sounded far more preoccupied with getting a souvenir out of it all. "If I'm reading the situation right, you'll be lucky if those NP don't storm the alley you're in any second now. Any NP you encounter now are game over, the rest will swarm your location soon after. You've either got to pick them off before they notice you or else, find someone who isn't NP..."

A tall order, to be sure. The place seemed deserted, until finally, the sound of a bell came from nearby, accompanied with a strobing light. "DING DING DING DING DING! This way to police shelter! DING DING DING DING DING!" the voice boomed, sounding out of some sort of speaker. He might be encouraged for a moment that he could get a good shot on a woman Oni would appreciate, then go on home, but as the navi rounded the corner, that seemed unlikely... rather than any female form, the navi appeared to be encased in tall, cylindrical armor with white and orange stripes in a diagonal pattern up the surface. Wiry arms with over-sized metal hands at the end extended from about halfway down the cylinder, with a narrow slit a little further up, out of which two yellow eyes were gleaming. The top of the cylinder lifted up to shoot out a circling beam of yellow light. The navi was moving on a set of two wheels just below the base of the cylinder.

After turning the corner, the navi ended up going in a direction away from Fissure. From here, he could probably take a shot, or he could perhaps start a stealthy pursuit. It could also be worth considering circling back around to the action he'd just left. If none of that sounded appealing, there was also a bakery to his left and some sort of thrift store to the right, but both were closed and shuttered up... the only way to get in would probably be to break one of the high-up windows on the walls to either side of him.