The Netpolice have long since moved out of the 33rd Netopia Station, which has become obsolete, in favor of new, more advanced technology. The station was never removed because it was reported that some homeless navis had taken up residence in it. For all the Netpolice know, that is where the story ended. This building, however, was quickly rid of its new residents through the homicidal acts of KevlarMan, the delusional leader of the Teksqp, a mafia family housing all manner of maniacs and monsters. In the world of KevlarMan, the NP was justice and he was the NP; unfortunately, to this psychopath, everyone and everything poses constant violations to the law and has to dealt with by lethal force. As a result, the mafia leaves KevlarMan entirely to his own devices, except when he must be called upon for a specific task.

KevlarMan believed that by reporting to this building daily, by bringing "criminals" here for their trials, he was doing his duty as a Netpolice officer. The building, while still in good repair, is splattered with the disarray of battle and blood of his victims. As Kismet approaches the building, she feels gripping fear that she knows contradicts her own ideas of her invicibility, as well as her status as a Mafia Head Family representative. Unfortunately, she has business with the leader of the Teksqp and this is the only reliable place to find him.

The storm surrounding the area reminds Kismet of the area where she had found PantheonMan earlier. The bleak, faded paint of the former NP headquarters stands out against the dark landscape. Only certain lights are on in the building, undoubtedly only the ones KevlarMan uses in his daily work. Amazingly, it is kept in good repair from the outside, aside from a few obvious signs of KevlarMan's overkill of his victims, such as shattered windows and walls with bullet holes. Kismet swallows her fear, entering the imposing, four story building.

Kismet was growing tired of visiting undesirable locations. Over the course of one day, she'd gone from a sweat and blood covered altar to a seedy pub for smelly common men. Now she'd ended up in one of the worst places of all, a building once used by the Mafia's enemies but now occupied by a powerful man who was himself willing to kill his own Mafia allies. Kismet highly doubted that anything good could come from attempting to reason with an individual as off-his-rocker as KevlarMan, but she had to try for the sake of her negotiations. Experimentally, she knocked on the door, thinking that perhaps he'd be within hearing distance. "KevlarMan, this is Kismet, Head Family Rank Two. I'd like to have a word with you, if you're not terribly busy,"[font=DokChampa][/font] she announced herself through her teeth, peering through a window at the side to see if he was approaching.

Seeing no sign of him, she opened the door quietly, stepping in and pulling down her hood from the crystalline orb surrounding her head. "Why can't they ever make this easy for me?"[font=DokChampa][/font] she muttered under her breath, feeling against the wall for any kind of light switch. Unable to find it, she relied upon her helmet's sensors to navigate, sticking her arms out to either side to follow along the wall and avoiding obstacles. "KevlarMan, I need to speak with you on behalf of the Head Family. Please respond![font=DokChampa][/font] she urged again, shouting this time. She wasn't very good at raising her voice, so it ended up sounding raspy and child-like; not the kind of impression she was hoping to give off. She listened, but all that responded was silence... but then...

Footsteps came from overhead, but no answer. Just the hard, unwavering clop of boots echoing in one of the halls in the second floor. "KevlarMan? That must be you. Please come down here and speak with me,"[font=DokChampa][/font] Kismet growled, beginning to grow not only frustrated, but vaguely afraid. KevlarMan wasn't the leader of the Teksqp for no reason. Before he'd become a mafioso, KevlarMan had killed many high-ranked mafia targets. Since joining the mafia, he'd killed many of his former allies. He was certainly neither someone to be trusted nor belittled. Still, there was no response, but a sort of whirring noise sounded nearby.

Kismet's eyes widened as she saw a silhouetted figure framed in the door to the second floor, at the top of the stairs at the end of the hallways. "KevlarMan?"[font=DokChampa][/font] she inquired, standing perfectly still.

"Breaking and entering," the figure called from the top of the stairs.

Kismet continued to stand perfectly still, as if fearing she'd be shot if she moved a single muscle. Sweat trickled down the side of her face and the wrinkled bridge of her nose beneath her helmet. "What did you say? Breaking and entering?"[font=DokChampa][/font] she asked, repeating his words in a sort of raspy cough.

Lightning flashed, illuminating the navi figure in its frame as the bolt outside shined through the window behind him. KevlarMan wore a plain policeman's navi suit over a hardened military body. His head was covered by a Netpolice helmet, but through a large break in the visor, Kismet could see his eyes, looking coldly and judgmentally upon her as a criminal. The worst feature was the long, ready sniper rifle he was toting in both hands, gradually taking its aim upon her. "I said you're committing breaking and entering, a felony. Even on the net, there's such a thing as private property." Kismet began to apologize, but KevlarMan simply sighed and shook his head. "Sorry, I'm busy at the moment. No time for a trial. I've had this happen a lot lately, though, and it's my job to inform you that the punishment for such a crime is generally death."

For a moment, Kismet wasn't sure if he was serious or not, but when her operator confirmed to her that a jackout barrier was already preventing her leaving the area, she realized that the threat was genuine. "You don't understand, I'm from the Head Family. I've got a message for the Teksqp Leader and his subordinates,"[font=DokChampa][/font] she explained quickly. Thankfully, KevlarMan began to lower his rifle.

"Hm, okay. I guess that administration is part of my duties too. But make it quick so that I can deliver the punishment expediently," he said with a bizarre calmness, as if what he was saying held none of the irrationality that Kismet so clearly saw in it.

Grunting, Kismet tried to arrange her thoughts as quickly as she could. "I take it you're aware of your subordinates' actions as of late? Boss Oni, a Teksqp operative, recently assailed members of Vivarte in their own homepage. The Bloodhounds have apparently allied with the Teksqp in some sort of agreement against the Vivarte. I've already mediated with the Bloodhounds, even though I couldn't get a hold on their leader. Jacques has agreed to talk the issue over with his Vivarte underlings. Now all that remains is for you, the Teksqp, to back down and we will have a relatively nonviolent situation established, since the Bloodhounds will be forced to back down as well,"[font=DokChampa][/font] she finished, watching him for a response.

KevlarMan was currently accessing some old computer, apparently a relic from the days when the station was used by the NP, in which he had compiled a roster of Mafia operatives. "Oh, I see now. Yes, I gave my support to PantheonMan and Bullrun earlier. The Vivarte are criminals that need to be punished, you see," he answered in a matter-of-fact fashion, looking through some additional files as he did. "PantheonMan explained to me the sorts of crimes they'd been committing. My only regret is that I can't leave my post currently to judge them myself."

"He lied to you,"[font=DokChampa][/font] Kismet responded with a sigh, her eyebrows quivering in anger beneath the crystal orb mask. "The Vivarte are still acting mostly within their bounds. Please call off all further Teksqp instigation. This is necessary to avoid a civil war amongst your allies. To do anything else would provoke unnecessary conflict"[font=DokChampa][/font] she ordered once again. The idea of KevlarMan agreeing to drop any sort of "unnecessary violence" was ridiculous, but she had to try.

"Lying to an officer? PantheonMan should be punished then. I'll make a note to punish him harshly next time I see him. Preliminarily, I'm suspecting that his punishment will be death. Anyways, now that we're done talking, are you ready for your execution?" he asked, raising back up his sniper rifle to the alarm of Kismet.

Kismet wasted no time responding; instead, she turned and ran, gathering her cloak around her. There was an ear-splitting crash as a bullet smashed her crystal orb, sending shards of glass flying everywhere. Her panicked face exposed and green hair swaying frantically in the wind, Kismet made a mad dash to escape the area before he could inflict any lethal damage. As she exited the building, she had left the range of the jack-out barrier and quickly escaped.

Sighing, KevlarMan reloaded his rifle and returned it to its stand. Slowly, he made his way back up the staircase to the one ominously lighted room, returning to his criminal investigations.