Mission: Air Recon

Machman's eyes widen as he sees the blurry image of the mysterious Navi attacking the firewall. Aera looks over to him, worried by the look on his face.
{I have never seen something move that fast before! If that thing finds out what we're doing, I bet a lot of us won't be coming back from this mission. What about Aera? She wouldn't stand a chance out there... I mean, we were able to take down that monster, but at least that thing was sort of standing still; and we barely escaped from it alive!}

Machman... you're scaring me... what's wrong?
Machman responds by raising his hand, and asking the CAG.
Sir, has this Navi shown any aggression towards non-military navis? I guess the big question is, sir, is will there be any support if the Navi starts to attack us?
CAG looks directly at Machman and nods. "With regards to your first question: no, the target has not displayed any aggressive tendencies to non-government craft. A couple of internetwork data transports have reported the target flying almost alongside them for varying durations. Out intel types have suggested that it just ignores civvies. Which is part of the reason why you're here." He paused after that, and smiled before continuing. "With regards to your second question: Yes. I have my entire wing on standby along the projected flight corridor, in squadron strength. If you call for help, you can expect a dozen or so fighters to show up within minutes." CAG paused. "Several minutes is an eternity. But that's the best I can promise given the coverage area. So it will still be up to you to use good judgment, and hopefully avoid getting into a furball with the target to begin with. However, if you call, we will respond ASAP with the maximum firepower my squadrons can bring to bear."

"Alright, that ends the briefing. From here, you are to report to the hangers to be outfitted with your mission gear and sent to your assigned patrol areas within the next 10 minutes. Godspeed, people. Dismissed." CAG finished speaking, and walked back out of the room.

"Pilots, if you will please step onto this telepad here, you will each be sent to a bay slip in our hanger facilities. You will then change into your plane GMO's, and our mechanics will outfit you as needed while providing you with a crash course on using the gear." The other Navis stood, and began making their way to the telepad the Navi Stratus was standing next to and motioning towards.

-----------

Machman and Aera appeared standing in an aircraft maintenance slip in a large hanger designed to house and maintain a dozen small planes. The hanger was mostly empty, though, with no signs that any regular military or netpolice craft were present.

Soon, a red colored normal Navi walked up from where she had been standing at a terminal. "Alright, Mr. Mach. Let's get started. Oh..." She paused and produced a data module, holding it out to Machman. "But first, have your Net Operator, Mr. Mazer, install this into your Navi Customizer. Go ahead and transform after that."

((GET: AirShoes NCP))
Machman breathed a sigh of relief upon hearing that the Navi hasn't attacked civilians. He can breathe a little easier knowing Aera isn't going to be in immediate danger out there. Aera and Mach leave their seats and follow the line of Navis to the telepad. They warp in one by one into a large hangar.
Wow. What a massive room! So this is what the inside of a hangar looks like.
Yeah, but it looks pretty empty. I wonder if this hangar actually held a large amount of aircraft.

Machman and Aera watch as some of the Navis completely change shape, forming into multiple styles of aircraft. Machman and Aera are stopped by a red Navi, who hands him a packet of data to be sent to Mazer through the PET. Machman sends it through, and Mazer quickly responds.
[Alright, program installed and running normally. We're all set.]
Um.. Mazer, don't I need some sort of aircraft .GMO? I didn't see anyone issuing them.
[That's no problem. Allow me to show you the second upgrade I made. Aera, stand back please.]
Aera nods and cautiously stands back. Machman stands patiently on the hard concrete floor.
[Alright, Mach. Here we go! Activating program MachFighter!]
Mazer presses the green "initialize" button on the screen of his pet, activating Mach's new .GMO.

Machman's body flashes, he's not really sure what to do next. Out of nowhere, two massive wings sprout from his arms in a pair of loud clangs and spray sparks from where they originated. Elevator flaps sprout from the sides of his boots, and two vertical stabilizers spring from his heels as his entire body starts to glow. He lifts from the ground and his features are obscured by the bright blue light. His entire body lengthens to nearly 70 feet long from nose to the end of his spine-like sensor arrays extending from the back. His 50 foot wingspan casts a shadow over both Aera and the red Navi as the wings sweep back and bend forward, creating two 45 degree angles and a "switchblade" shaped leading edge. Four massive engines form at the end of the craft, two paired next to eachother and supporting a vertical stabilizer each, and the other two spaced further apart and about 4 feet lower on the aircraft. A set of landing gear opens up from the bottom of the craft; the front gear swinging from below Machman's armored cockpit and canard-like sensor spines extending from the sides. The two rear gears drop down from the lower engines.

The glow subsides as the craft touches down, the suspension of the landing gear and the engines bouncing gently as it rests on the concrete. The brilliant royal blue and orange paint-job makes the aircraft look like a shimmering blade capable of splitting the sky itself. Aera could only let out a surprised gasp as she approached Mach's new gleaming form. She runs her hand down the smooth surface of the underside of his right wing and continues to circle him. Machman's voice emerges from the fuselage of the aircraft, somewhat distorted by the electronic transmission.

[[i]Woah. This is some upgrade! I feel like I'm overflowing with power![/i]]
[I thought you'd like it! Now, I made sure this form performs exactly like you do normally, so just act naturally. Your engines are not actually attached to the frame, and allow a lot of free movement, so you can do pretty much everything a normal aircraft can't do, even fly backwards!]
[[i]Incredible... Um, what about Aera?[/i]]
Mazer presses a button on the console window of his PET, the top of Mach's gold cockpit popping up a few inches with a mechanical click and slides back to reveal a pilot's seat and a full complement of flight instruments.
[Way ahead of you, Mach. That's why I added a cockpit. Aera, hop in!]
Really?!? But I don't know how to fly a plane!
[Don't worry about it, Machman is in full control. However, you can be an extra set of eyes and you can still contribute in combat using some specially designed weapon systems just for you!]
Aera jumps into the air, assisted by her thrusters. She slowly floats down and into the cockpit, resting down on the surprisingly comfortable ejection seat. She stretches her legs out to find she has more than enough leg room. She tries to stop her excited giggling as she looks over the displays and controls, but just can't contain her excitement.

((Equip: AirShoes Advanced NC Program Detected: Omnishoes.NC! Program Install and Activation... Complete!
Activate MachFighter.GMO))
The red Navi walked around MachFighter, doing a visual inspection of the craft. She eventually walked under the craft and out of Aera's view. A little bit later, from the rear of the fighter, she let out a low whistle. She eventually circled her way back around and into view again, tapping her chin with one finger as she walked. She walked over to her terminal, pressed a few of the lighted panels on it, then turned and finally said: "Whelp. After takin' a good look, I must say that's an interesting design, Mr. Mach. The greasemonkey in me would love to take a crack at workin' on it, but..." She shrugged as she paused. "...I digress. Anyhow, gimme and my Op a few to get your gear mounted, then I'll explain how to use it."

She brought her hands around before her and pressed her palms together. When she parted them again, a floating transparent glowing green panel appeared before her. She then began tapping on it with her fingers, causing it to light up brighter wherever she touched. As her hands moved across the panel, a green wire frame began to trace its way in the air around the rear fuselage. The wire frame formed the outline of a sleeve-like chassis mount that she, apparently, was designing on the spot to affix the boosters to MachMan. It appeared the assembly would start around the inner edges of the bottom engine housings, wrap its way down and around them, and then rise up the sides to finally cover the tops. The boosters themselves would be mounted along the top-side of the fuselage, supported by these braces. If the wire frame was any indicator, these boosters were a substantial affair, and would extend as far forward as the mid-neck area of the forward fuselage, only a few inches shy of overlapping the tips of the canards. The frame also had a small cross-brace that ran across the top-side of the fighter between the two pods, connecting them. It didn't seem like any of this mass-intensive structural framework would cover, block, or foul any of the working components of the plane, with the exception of the two lateral tail fins, which would be almost completely encased in the structural support frame. All in all, it looked to be the makings a major outfitting.

A few minutes later, and the assembly itself, boosters and all, appeared to fill in the space outlined and magnetically bolted itself on. At about the same time, the sensor pod appeared below MachMan, and rose upwards to meet the fuselage. It then magnetically fastened itself in place between the lower engine housings. Their combined weight was significant, and caused the fighter to ride just a bit lower on its landing gear.

"That should do it, Mr Mach." The red Navi announced finally. "With this booster assembly, you should be able to fly fast enough to catch the guy they're sending you up to photograph. Now, the boosters and casing they're bolted to are a single unit. While they are attached, you will not be able to rotate your engines, and you will not be able to change out of your aircraft GMO. Same goes with the sensor pod. Bad Things will occur if you try to do either of this things, and the CAG will be most unhappy with both of us."

She walked over to the structural casing for the boosters, and patted the side as she continued her explanation. "This booster assembly here is an SP, like Miss Aera. Treat her well, Mr. Mach, and she will gladly introduce you to speeds in excess of escape velocity." The red Navi patted the side of the SP one more time, then stepped away from the fighter. "Now, to tap... or better yet, control that potential means you will need to communicate with her. This is actually very easy. All you have to do is speak to her as you do to everyone else. Since she's in direct contact with your chassis, the sound will transmit directly to her, so she can hear you just fine. And the reverse is also true... isn't that right, Miss Cirrus?

Machman was able to hear the SP's single word reply. Yes.

"Working with Miss Cirrus is rather simple, just tell her how much booster power you want, and she'll provide it." The red Navi raised one hand and began tapping her chin. "According to my data on you, your maximum thrust is around 30 to 35 K, ballpark. We'll call that a 3." She pointed at the booster assembly again as she continued. Miss Cirrus here can add another 6 to that. Just let her know how much and when, and you're all set for speed, Mr. Mach. Now, she can also assist in aerial maneuvers with directed thrust, but unless you've had extensive training with a partner like Miss Cirrus, I really wouldn't advise trying it." She paused for a moment, perhaps catching her breath.

"I really hate yakin' this much." She muttered to herself, then looked up and continued her (apparently arduous) lecture. "Moving right along, we also have your sensor pod here. This is another SP. His name is classified, meaning even I don't know it. All you need to know is that he'll tell you when he sees something, and how much progress you've made on your scans. The closer you get to something, the quicker he does his job. Your job is to get him there and bring him back in one piece.... And that's all I have to say about it, Mr. Mach."

As she finished speaking she walked over to the green panel she'd left floating in mid-air, and pressed two more buttons. The panel disappeared with the second press. "Now, a tow prog will be along to tractor you out to the field. Good luck, Mr. Mach." The red Navi turned and walked away as a light gray colored tow program rolled its way over to Machman's slip. The prog was little more than a light gray rectangular box on four ball-like rollers which protruded from the bottom, and a grappler arm mechanism trailing from the rear.

The prog stopped before the slip, turned in place, and backed up until the grappler arm brushed against the forward landing gear. The grappling mechanism closed around it, and the prog began towing MachMan out of the hanger. It brought him to a broad stretch of tarmac next to a series of taxiways that led out onto a pair of full-length runways, then disengaged the clamp and rolled away.

With no prior notice or ceremony, a map appeared on MachMan's HUD. with a series of dots highlighted in a broad ring around the area. A male voice he hadn't heard before spoke quietly to him. This is your mission: Your patrol area is the northern mesa region. You will head to the first nav point indicated on your map, and begin flying a search pattern through the remaining nav points in sequence. If you have not made contact with the target after flying 5 patterns, you will return to base. That is all.

The booster SP, Cirrus, lit off her drives and allowed them to idle. After a spending a moment allowing them to warm up, she reported her status to MachMan. Two lit, status green. We can launch anytime you're ready.

-----------
Summary
-----------

---Allies---
MachMan.EXE: 100 HP
Aera.SP: 40 HP
Cirrus.SP: 200 HP [Power: 0/6]
Sensor(?).SP: 200HP [Data: 0%]
Machman and Aera listen carefully as they are briefed on the use of their new equipment. The booster assembly and sensor pod is firmly secured to Machman's body and integrated with his control systems. After the Navi finishes, Machman confirms his comprehension of the material.
[[i]Understood. I'll do my best![/i]]

As Machman is towed out of the hangar by the prog, Aera bounces on the seat with excitement and Mazer's voice comes in.
[Alright, before we start the mission, I'll fill you in with more info about this .GMO. First, you have a pair of 35mm Vulcan chain guns stored in weapon blisters underneath each of your wings.]
As soon as Mazer mentions the weapons, the doors on the blisters slide away with a click. Inside the armored casing, the drill-like whir of the triple-barreled chain guns spinning up is barely heard over the sounds of the hangar.
[These guns can fire 3500 rounds per minute, and are supplied with a constant flow of armor-piercing shells through a pair of internal belt feeds. Next, the vulcans can slide away to allow a cylindrical rocket launcher to take its place.]
The blister doors stay open, and you could see the vulcans draw back into the body of the aircraft. They are then replaced by a pair of cylindrical launchers, each with a trio of launch tubes.
[Both of these launchers can fire subsonic solid fuel rockets. Each rocket is boosted by a battlechip's power, and can adopt the elemental attributes of the chips. You also have several hardpoints under your wings, where a total of 6 missiles can be stored. When I upload the battlechips, the missiles will automatically warp in and connect to your wings. Finally, you have a panel underneath your fuselage, where 8 sensor bits are stored. These "bits" are equipped with visual and radar sensors, and they can channel some of the power produced by your core, or from the cockpit. So this means you can still attack the enemy as well, Aera.]
Cool!
[[i]You've really outdone yourself, Mazer![/i]]
[It was a pleasure to do. Plus I can watch your actions with a combat camera mounted in your fuselage, so it'll be like watching an awesome fighter jet movie!]

Machman was pulled from the hangar, the runway waiting for him.
[[i]Mazer, I will taxi to the runway now.[/i]]
Machman's engines start up with a loud roar. The engines are still dark, but they are already emitting a lot of heat and even more thrust. The cockpit remains open, and Aera's ear pylons adjust to the noise. Machman releases the brakes, and begins to slowly taxi down the tarmac and on to the runway. After a few minutes of maneuvering through the latticework of asphalt, he makes his final turn to the runway. He lines up, and engages the breaks.

[[i]Aera, it's time to take off. I'm closing the canopy.[/i]]
The top of the canopy slides forward over Aera's head. It stops and slides down a few inches, sealing up tight. Aera looks around nervously; the cockpit is completely dark with exception to some of the lit instruments on the control panel. The canopy is made of armored metal, so no light would shine through, even if it tried. She hears a low hum as the controls come to life. A green "activate" appears on the front of the cockpit canopy, and the entire cockpit lights up. She could see the sky above her, the horizon ahead, and even the runway beneath her feet. The walls of the cockpit are like a massive display, showing her surroundings in perfect clarity. She looks around excitedly, and can't help but smile. A set of straps move over her body and click in, securing her to the ejection seat. She gives a thumbs up, signaling she's ready.

I'm good to go!
[[i]Powering up.[/i]]
Machman's engines whine as they spool up to a booming scream. Four large conical plumes of cyan flames extend from the back of the aircraft, providing nearly full thrust. Cirrus adds a good bit of thrust as well, to compensate for the added weight. If he pushed the throttle any higher, the tires would start to slide across the asphalt. The entire frame vibrates as the Machman finished preparations to take off.
[[i]Ready to launch, Mazer.[/i]]
[Machman, はっしん!! (Launch!!)]

((Engage Theme Song!))

Machman releases the breaks, and he begins to pick up speed. Aera is pinned to the back of her seat as Machman accelerates. The runway is just a blur beneath her feet, Machman breaks the 300mph mark and getting enough speed to lift off.
[[i]Here we go!!![/i]]
Machman climbs sharply, the control stick moving towards Aera's lap as it follows his movements, and Aera herself being pressed into the bottom of her seat. Her smile is unwavering as they go nearly vertical, the Gs finally getting low enough for her to laugh in a mix of excitement and thrill. Machman tears through the air like a blue and orange blade as he rolls, the sun flashing off his polished metal surface. He levels out and rolls 45 degrees to the left. Aera looks left to see the base below; it looks like a toy miniature from this altitude.
This is so amazing, Machman! Let's go faster! I want to see how fast you can go!
[[i]You wont have to ask me twice! Hang on!![/i]]

Machman dives down in a shallow arc, his speed matching the force of gravity and resulting in an exhilarating "Zero-G" dive. Aera squeals in delight and watches as her bangs float up over her eyes. She lets go of the two stabilization bars on the sides of the cockpit and lets her arms float in front of her. Her arms start to get heavier and drop back down as Machman approaches the ground and levels out. She looks back, the seat rotating a little bit to allow her to look directly behind. She could see a pair of thin white contrails from the wingtips, and 20ft streaks of cyan from the four powerful engines behind her. Machman flies low to the ground, inching closer and closer to zero altitude before stopping at a mere 12 feet from the ground. He churns up the dirt behind him, making a large rooster tail of dust as he streaks over the desert floor. The rudders on his vertical stabilizers tilt, turning him on his axis towards the large plateu-like rock formations. He continues forward at a blistering pace as he enters the rock formation. He weaves in and out of the rocks, not throttling down at all. He banks and turns sharply as Aera giggles excitedly. The stone walls blur past, so close that she draws her legs up out of fear that her feet would scrape the rocky surface. Machman bursts out of the rock formation, climbs to an altitude of around 3 thousand feet, and levels out as he passes over the base.

[[i]Hahahaha!! That was glorious! Alright, enough goofing around for now, we have a mission to do. I will be heading over to the first nav point in the northern mesa region and begin the search pattern.[/i]]
Aera acknowledges with a nod as Machman banks gently to the left, steering them north towards the intended area. Machman pushes the throttle to around 60%, and they blast away, creating two quick booms as they pierce the sound barrier. In only a few minutes, Machman approaches the first navigation point. He throttles down to 50% thrust as he passes through the navigation point, his control surfaces adjusting slightly to steer him towards the next one.

((BugFrag purchases: Team Mobility Junction (100 BugFrags +5 Levels)
Attack V3, V4, V5 [+15 dmg] (120 BugFrags +3 Levels)
HP V1 [+10HP] (10 BugFrags + 1 Level)
Total: 230 BugFrags))

((READY))
((SP Upgrades approved.))

The first search pattern is flown without incident.

A little later, MachMan is flying between Nav5 and Nav6 on his second pattern when he receives a com message... "Command, this is AirSword9." The young male voice identified himself by squadron and roster number. "Be advised, we have sighted a flight of four Net Mafia VeyRall skirting the edge of our patrol area."

"Command copies and advises all Air Wing elements to switch to ROE-3 protocol. All search pilots are to continue their patterns."

--------------

Right about the time MachMan reached Nav1 to begin his third pattern, he received another com message... The voice was that of Stratus. "Command, this is AirShot Leader. My squadron is approaching a squadron of VeyRall violating mesan airspace, and-- Hold one." There was a pause. When the channel opened again, the tones of early warning and the beeps of fire control acquiring a target were present. "We are engaged. VeyRall are hostile."

"Command copies. All pilo--"

The com reception was cut off by a burst of static before it shut itself off and the indicator light went red. Communications Jammed[b][/b] displayed itself across the HUD.

A moment later the male voice Machman had heard earlier spoke to him in the same quiet tone as before... Sensor contact at 7 o'clock. Range: 45,000. Elevation: 600 High. Profile match not found in database. Contact is emitting jamming waves. As the voice finished speaking, a data stream was transmitted from the sensor pod to Machman. A bright yellow triangle appeared in Machman's vision to mark the contact with the word [unknown] printed next to it. A range-to-target indicator appeared next to it, and began scrolling downwards as the range fell at a dizzying pace. Contact will overtake in 4 seconds.

As promised, no more than four seconds later, a large red and silver object appeared in Machman's 'vision' from roughly 7 o'clock. Before anyone knew it, the fast moving craft passed Machman a moderate distance to the left, and began pulling away ahead with a huge speed advantage. It wasn't very long before the craft had crossed Machman's flight path, and began to grow increasingly smaller.

Confirmed: Primary Objective Identified. Commencing data collection.

-----------
Summary
-----------

---Allies---
Aera.SP: 50 HP
Cirrus.SP: 200 HP [Power: 0/6]
Sensor(?).SP: 200HP [Data: 1%]

---Target--- [Ahead, and pulling away quickly.]
Red-and-Silver Craft(?): ???? [????] (????)
-- ????
The search pattern was pretty boring compared to his little stunts he pulled after take off, but he kept his focus on his radar and other detection equipment. He hears the transmissions about the VeyRalls, but remains on course. He then hears the the report of the VeyRalls' aggression, and the beginnings of another command, but it was cut short.
[[i]They require assistance. Changing course n--[/i]]
He notices the jam notice, and hesitates. Aera and Mach listen to the sensor pod SP, and watch as the red and silver craft blurs past their left side at a high rate of speed.
That's him! We need to keep up if we want to scan him!
[[i]Cirrus, I need a full burn so we can close in on the target. Initiate on my mark... Now![/i]]

Machman throttles up to full as the pair of large boosters ignite. They blast forward with increasing velocity, pinning Aera to the back of her seat. The cyan plumes are augmented by the violet exhaust of the Cirrus boosters and extend nearly 10 lengths behind him. Machman banks left gently in an attempt to make a controlled pursuit of the object. He tries to match speed with the object and stay with it, ready to maneuver to keep the object within sensor range.

[[i]Keep a look out, Aera. I need to focus on tailing this guy, so watch the radar and our six. I don't want any of those VeyRalls jumping us![/i]]
Okay!
Aera glances down at the radar, and constantly scans around the aircraft; the view makes her capable of keeping a 360 degree of the airspace around her.

ACTIONS:
Machman
Turn left towards the craft and give chase
Stay within sensor range
Stay within sensor range
Stay within sensor range

Aera
Mobility Junction
Look out for hostiles

Cirrus
Throttle Up [5/6]
Match velocity with craft

Sensor Pod
Continue scanning

Sigs
Thrust Laser: Ready
Rising Barrage: Ready
Scram Booster: Ready
Sensor Pods: Active
Ignition! Cirrus' reply accompanied sudden and explosively powerful acceleration. The target's profile not only stopped shrinking, it started to grow as they began to close the distance again. They were still some distance away when the target's profile appeared to match MachFighter in size... but as they closed it became evident that the target of their reconnaissance mission was not a fighter craft at all. It was far too large for that.

The target, more akin to a trans-sonic strategic bomber than a fighter, dwarfed Machman at a scale of at least 5-to-1. It consisted of a long, sleek central hull and two secondary hulls, all connected by a broad wing-like super structure that merged seamlessly with the various craft components. Large back-swept wings sprouted from the sides of the secondary hulls. Both of these secondary hulls, each roughly 2/3rds the length of the main hull, appeared to be nothing more than enormous engine housings. The craft was lavishly equipped with flight control surfaces and was studded with what appeared to be actual maneuvering jet nozzles. This combination of design features gave the target a potentially beastly performance envelope, assuming the frame could withstand the forces the propulsive systems and maneuvering systems appeared to be able to impart.

Weapon systems detected. The quiet male voice reported suddenly. Details forthcoming. Caution is advised.

Attempting to match speeds.... Matched. Cirrus announced as they pulled in alongside and below the craft. They had long since left the northern mesa region of Netopia's network, and were now approaching the borders of HadesNet.

It was at this time that the quiet male voice announced they had company. Sensor contact at 4 o'clock. Range: 42,000. Elevation: 900 Low. Profile and performance characteristics match VeyRall Mk-8. A series of red triangles appeared in Machman's vision, each marking the position of one of the VeyRall fighters. They where tightly clustered together, but there still appeared to be more than 5 of them. The range indicators provided by the sensor pod showed them to be holding the range open, declining to close.

-----------
Summary
-----------

---Allies---
Aera.SP: 50 HP
Cirrus.SP: 200 HP [Power: 3/6]
Sensor(?).SP: 200HP [Data: 18%]

---Target--- [To the right and above]
Large Red-and-Silver Craft(?): 1100 HP [????] (????) {????}
-- External Booster Assembly(?): ????
-- External Booster Assembly(?): ????
-- Dorsal Weapons Array(?): ????
-- Ventral Weapons Array(?): ????
-- Starboard Weapons Array(?): ????
-- Port Weapons Array(?): ????

---Net Mafia Squadron---
(Unknown Numbers)
Machman manages to stay with the craft, taking in it's sophistication and pure scale.
[[i]Man this thing is big. I'll keep within sensor range and get a full scan.[/i]]
Aera spots something on the radar screen. Before she even could react, the sensor pod alerts Mach of their presence.
[[i]It seems we may have some trouble coming our way. We need to continue scanning as long as possible. Hopefully we can outrun these VeyRall things if they try to get in our way. But just in case, make combat preparations. Remember, we can't appear hostile to this thing, otherwise we'll be hitting the ground in a hurry.[/i]]
[Battlechips on standby, Mach]
Mazer has already picked out what chips to use, and has them ready to swipe into the PET. In the meantime, Aera focuses on the screen as her body starts to charge with power.
I'll keep an eye on them, Mach.

Machman continues to follow the craft, making very minute adjustments in flight path and avoiding any sudden movements.
[[i]Maintain this velocity, Cirrus. We are going to stay with this thing as long as we can.[/i]]

ACTIONS:
Machman
Maintain course with craft
Roll over to protect sensor pod if attacked from below.

Aera
Charge
Alert Mach if NetMafia Squadron attempts to engage craft and/or Machman

Cirrus
[Power: 3/6]

Sensor Pod
Continue Scan
As Machman approached the border, the skies began to darken. Ahead, the sky was filled with clouds of black volcanic ash. The red and silver craft Machman had been following began to throttle down and nosed its way towards the ground. It obviously aimed to enter the hellish network below the cloud cover. The VeyRall did the same, obviously shadowing the target.

Just before crossing the borders between networks, the red light on the communications panel became green and the words Communications Online[b][/b] replaced the earlier status message.

Then Machman crossed the border...

((To HadesNet))