Revenge of the Aqua Navi!

Aha, viruses! ...Very, very boring viruses. Well, Handy could set up time bombs, but what did the others do? Paint on panels and jump around? Oh well, at least it made it easier to focus on the job at hand. "Okay, let's go! ...But that Handy's kinda blocked right now...guess we should focus on the BrushMen for now!"

"Bzzt! Wrong! Focus on the Handy for a sec!" As her Navi did so, Sabrina pulled out a chip featuring a cloud holding an umbrella. She almost hated to use it, though, since she found it so adorable... "All right, here! Battlechip, LilCloud! Slot in!"

"Lil-what?" Before the Navi could turn and look at his operator with a befuddled glance, a small cloud quickly formed over him, then moved straight over the BrushMan twins, and stopped in the area of the hand virus. And then, the forecast for the battlefield went from sunny to isolated rain patches in the vicinity the Handy. And it was pouring pretty badly, at least from what he could see. "When did we get that? We've never used it before..."

"It's something I got when I traded the ElecReels away. But let's worry about more viruses for now, okay? So...the music note things! Blast 'em with this!" Two blue cannon chips were inserted into the PET. "Battlechip, Hi-Cannon! Double slot in!"

SplashMan held his right arm high, as the very same cannon as on the chip, appeared over his hand and forearm. He then positioned it towards one of the Melody, but didn't immediately fire. Sure, it was still now, but he had take into account that it liked to bounce around. Let's see, where should he shoot...ah, that should be a good spot. And then, he let loose a powerful blast of energy towards. And a quick repeat of the situation was performed for another virus. So where, exactly, did he shoot? Well, that would be telling, wouldn't it?

"Sabrina!" A sudden shout could be heard from outside the room. "Could you come out here for a second?"

Though she wasn't happy about it, Sabrina got up out of her chair and poked her head out the door in the hallway.

"What is it, Mom?! I'm kinda in the middle of something here!"

The Aqua Navi shook his head, since he still had time to attack once more. At least he could do that much himself. He leaned forward, trying to do what he had done with Hi-Cannon to the non-targeted Melody. And once that was done...blam! Water gushed forth from the cannons on his back, capable of easily drowning a single Melody in one hit. And that was that. All he could do now was get ready to try and dodge any surviving bouncy music note attacks, and moreso hope his operator could weasel herself out of having to do anything...

[Order of Turn:
1-LilCloud chip attack on Handy (70+10, Aqua)
2-Hi-Cannon chip attack on MelodyC (80)
3-Hi-Cannon chip attack on MelodyB (80)
4-Water Splash sig attack on MelodyA (140, Aqua)]
THe Lilcloud makes its way accross the field without much trouble and pours down on the Handy, deleting it. Splashman then breaks out a pair of HiCannons and fires at the Melodies, though only one goes down. He then wraps up his attacks by sending a wave of water at another Melody, taking it out. The last Melody then pounces on Splashman as his netop leaves the room. One Brushman makes a Holy Panel.

BrushmanA: 100 HP
BrushmanB: 100 HP (Holy)
MelodyA: 80 HP
MelodyB: DELETED!
MelodyC: DELETED!
Handy: DELETED!

Terrain: 9% Normal 1% Holy

Splashman.exe: 185 HP
...Dang those Melody! No matter what he tried, it just seemed like he couldn't get them all in one round. Granted, he'd only seen them a couple of times, but they just seemed annoying. Ah well, he'd make sure to get that other one now. "Ugh, can you give me something to take out this..." Oh yeah, Sabrina wasn't there at the moment. Crud... "Guess I'll have to beat it myself..."

"Don't even think about it!" As if she had heard her Navi, the young woman grabbed a chip and quickly placed it into her PET. "Battlechip, MarkCannon! Slot in!"

While SplashMan was happy to see the green cannon form on his hand and forearm, he was a bit surprised. "Back already?"

"Turns out she just wanted to know if I felt like dessert. And I'm still kinda full, so I took a pass! Now come on!"

"Right!" The Aqua Navi held up the MarkCannon, causing crosshairs to appear at his feet, which began to search the area at a rapid pace. After a few moments, it seemed to lock onto something around the area of the last Melody, causing the cannon to auto-aim and shoot its high accuracy blast towards it. But it seemed a tad stronger than usual...looked like SplashMan might've put a little extra energy into the attack. "Okay, now for the BrushMen!" ...Aww, one of them had already painted on their panel... "...Darn, there's a holy panel under one of them! Looks like we gotta do some panel altering!"

"Uhh...right!" Sabrina saw this as a perfect excuse to use her new rare chip, and as a result sent something fiery her Navi's way. "You don't have to charge this time, just fire it! Battlechip, Magnum! Slot in!"

Oddly enough, SplashMan felt no fire from the chip attack this time around. Since he didn't have to charge it, a cursor simply appeared, and an unseen force suddenly blasted the area around the protected paintbrush. As long as they just did that, he couldn't say he had any problem with it..."I didn't feel any burning or anything that time. Can we just not charge it ever again?"

"I promise nothing! Now let's finish that last virus!" Now, what screamed paintbrush doom? Hmm...ah, sharp, pointed needles oughta do the trick. And so, a chip that performed just such a function was inserted. "Battlechip, DoubleNeedle! Slot in!"

An almost bow-like gun formed over the Navi's hand, who pointed it towards the untargeted BrushMan. Now, he had to be careful, since two needles meant he had two chances to mess up. But after doing some aiming, he let a pair of harpoon-like needles loose from the gun in quick succession. And that, hopefully, was that. And if not, well...he was ready to try and avoid anything. Not that he thought he had to worry about avoiding much, but it was good to be prepared.

[Order of Turn:
1-MarkCannon1 chip attack on MelodyA (70+10, locks on)
2-Magnum1 chip attack on BrushManB (120, Fire, breaks panels)
3-DoubleNeedle chip attack on BrushManA (50x2)
4-Dodge]
The Markcannon traces a line to the last Melody and takes it down. Then Splashman fires a Magnum which slams into the Brushman and takes out its panel. The other Brushman is taken down before it can do anything by a pair of needles.

BrushmanA: DELETED!
BrushmanB: 30 HP (Cracked)
MelodyA: DELETED!

Terrain: 9% Normal 1% Cracked

Splashman.exe: 185 HP
(OOC: Since holy panels' damage halving don't apply if they're hit by a panel smashing attack like Magnum, shouldn't that BrushMan be deleted, and therefore the battle would be over?)
(Meh, for various reasons, instead of bumping again, I'm just gonna go ahead as is, with the BrushMan still alive.)

...What the? The BrushMan took that Magnum? He knew it made a holy panel beforehand, but that wasn't supposed to matter with chips that broke panels. Or at least that's what he thought was supposed to happen. "Hey! How didn't that delete it?!"

Sabrina was confused too, and unlike her Navi, looked like it. Though having a face went a long way in that regard. "...Beats me, but it's there. All right, here's the plan. First, you're going to get healed up. And then, you're going to blast that thing with WideShot into teeny tiny particles that form part of the reward data. And after that, we're going to laugh evilly at it for thinking it could survive us!"

"Uh, I'm all for the healing and the blasting, but is the laughing really necessary? I mean, your dad's right next to you..."

A look to the left confirmed what everyone already knew, but needed to be seen anyway. "...Right. Just healing and blasting it is." Of course, SplashMan couldn't heal by himsef, so Sabrina grabbed her lone recovery chip and inserted it gently into her PET. "Battlechip, Recover80! Slot in!"

Despite not needing nearly that much healing power, the Aqua Navi gladly took it anyway as his bounce induced injuries seemed to just vanish with a pink glow. "I feel like a new Navi! Not that I'm all that old, but still..."

"And now, the blasting!" Three chips featuring Lark viruses were slammed less than gently into the chip insertion slot. "Battlechip, WideShot! Triple slot in!"

A wide, blue gun formed on SplashMan's hand, and he was all too happy to position it towards the lone BrushMan. After all, he risked getting burnt insides to try and beat it in one hit. Now he was going to give it all the hits it could handle. Whoosh! Whoosh! Whoosh! One after the other, three wide blasts of water moved through the air, all desiring to hit the final virus and turn it into junk data...

[Order of Turn:
1-Recover80 chip attack on SplashMan (80, Recovery)
2-WideShot1 chip attack on BrushManB (60+10, Aqua)
3-WideShot1 chip attack on BrushManB (60+10, Aqua)
4-WideShot1 chip attack on BrushManB (60+10, Aqua)]
Splashman heals himself and finished off the Brushman.

BrushmanA: DELETED!
BrushmanB: DELETED
MelodyA: DELETED!

Terrain: 99% Normal 1% Cracked

Splashman.exe: 200 HP

-VICTORY-
Get: 1020z

((Excuse me for the one-line wanker, as Twi aptly calls it.))
(Never! (shot))

Well, it wasn't perfect, but SplashMan was pretty satisfied with how he completely smashed those viruses. He wandered over to the remaining data and accessed, noticing that it was only cash. A lot of it, but no chip. Aww. ""Just zenny this time! Sending it over!"

However, Sabrina seemed to be pre-occupied with something else. "Uh-huh...hey, Dad. You've got links to other countries' Nets, right?"

"Yeah, I do! Why?"

"Well, I've got a change in plans. SplashMan, head back to Dad's PC!"

"Huh?"

"Oh, I never told you, did I? I signed you up for a special mission with the NetPolice! You're gonna team up with a Navi called VoltMan and find a special dispatch team that's found some weird viruses! Or something like that, anyway."

"I kinda wish you would've run that by me first...oh well!" SplashMan did a 180 and raced back to the PC's warp point. He didn't bump into any viruses along the way, as the ones he deleted earlier hadn't been replaced by anything yet. And so, he found himself back where he started. Literally; this was where he was created. To one side, there were a lot of warp holes, with the locations they connected to listed above them. "So, where are we going?"

"NetFrica!" Sabrina suddenly turned around, to notice her father was shutting some programs down. "Uh...what are you doing, Dad?"

"Well, if you've got a mission, you don't want me looking over your collective shoulder. I'll analyze what I've got later." Mr. Jetto stood up, and walked out of the room. "Good luck on your mission, you two!"

"Huh...well, it's just you and me now, SplashMan! Let's go! To NetFrica's Net! Oh, and they've got some distress beacon, so you'll probably wind up near where you're supposed to be!"

"Got it! I'm on my way!" The Aqua Navi stood on the appropriately labeled point, and suddenly vanished in a beam of light, on his way to another part of the Net world.

(to NetFrica Net!)