Ryokan virus busting

((Turn Split))

Machman could only watch as the fast custom Navi created a large waterspout that partially engulfed Aera. Machman is relieved to see her emerge from the torrent, but his mood changes instantly as Twisted Albatross challenged him in a race for Aera's fate.
Aera! Get down!
Machman jets over towards her; she looks back towards the incoming Navi to dodge it, but those couple seconds were plenty of time for the incredibly fast Navi to attack. A shock wave rockets towards her, seeming more like a flash than a projectile, and burrows through her chest. Her body recoils from the blast, driving her several feet back before plunging into the water below.
No! Aera!!
Mazer's voice chimes in into Mach's ear pylons.
[Its alright, Mach. I managed to get her out in time. Hang on...]
Mazer sweeps over her program status as quick as he can, and reports back to Machman.
[Yes, she's alright. Lets roast this bastard!]

Machman looks skyward to track down his opponent and picks him out in the sky. Machman's wing thrusters kick on, propelling him at a high rate of speed towards the flying Navi. On his way there, his right hand separates into multiple pieces, only to change color and re-combine into a rectangular yellow buster with two metal loops jutting forward. He continues to pick up speed as current is poured through the metal loops, creating a crackling ring of electricity. Machman attempts to boost as close as he can to the winged Navi, and points the ZapRing launcher directly at the Navi's chest.

Machman stares coldly at the Navi as he fires the launcher. The hoop blasts forward, creating zero recoil and spitting small arcs of electricity; the current seems to be reacting to the high amount of water particles in the air. If his aim is true, he might be able to do some pretty serious damage and keep the speedy Navi still for just enough time to perform a finishing blow.

ACTIONS (1/4)
Gust: Propel Machman towards Twisted Albatross.EXE
ZapRing1: Twisted Albatross.EXE (80dmg Elec + Stun)

Delayed:
-Blizzard-
-WaterLine1-
"Don't think so!" Twisted Albatross screeched forming a barrier around himself, blocking the Zapring.

"Go join her!" the birdnavi yelled, blasting a watery attack at Machman.

Twisted Albatross.exe: 200 HP (Firing)

Terrain: 100% Sea

Machman.exe: 79 HP [Blizzard] [Waterline] (3 Actions)
Aera.SP: EJO'D
((End Turn Split))

A barrier... You're really starting to annoy me.

Machman continues to fly forward as TwistedAlbatross fires a wave of water towards him. Machman's hands instantly ignite with flame, and he pulls his right fist back. Machman's furrows his brow with anger, the flames growing even larger around his fists. He throws a right hook, using the action to draw back his left fist and then deliver a 2nd hook; the flaming projections of his fists hopefully curving around the attack to punch the navi behind it. With the two fireball-like punches away, leaving nothing but a pair of smokey trails; he prepares to deliver a crushing blow. His right arm, drawn back from the left hook, explodes into multiple pieces and begins to turn a dull yellow. Additional pieces materialize around the area where his arm is supposed to be and float into position, forming a massive GutFist. The pieces finally grind to a halt, the joints in his fingers screeching and scraping as he opens his palm and re-tightens his grip into a program-crushing fist.

Machman continues to fly/fall towards the incoming attack, prepared to either warp around the watery blast and crush the cocky bird Navi, or just plow straight through it and embed his knuckles into that bastard's ever-flapping beak.

ACTIONS
FireHit1: Twisted Albatross.EXE (60dmg Fire {ranged})
FireHit1: Twisted Albatross.EXE (60dmg Fire {ranged})
Counter1: Machman.EXE (Counter attack with GutPunch 70dmg + Breaking + Impact)

Delayed:
-Blizzard-
-WaterLine1-
Machman gets hit by the splash of water, and delivers a flaming uppercut to Twisted Albatross! Snarling, the bird navi dives out of the way, and into the water, making Machman's second attack miss! The speedster comes back down, GutFist ready, when Twisted Albatross squawks and takes two Shrimpys (slightly weakened) out of the water and throw them at opposite sides of Machman. One of the viruses giggle and attack Machman, only to be severly crushed under the weight of the GutPunch.

"Not bad, punk. But you still won't last long," Twisted Albatross cackled, hovering in the air.

Twisted Albatross.exe: 140 HP
ShrimpyA: PUNCHED
ShrimpyB: 60 HP

Machman.exe: 59 HP [Blizzard] [Waterline]
Machman plummets to the water below, touching down in a massive splash and creating a pillar of water. He rises from the water, and picks out the shrimpy virus. He brings his arm back, boomerang in hand, and throws it forward. The green boomerang zips towards the shrimpy virus, looking more like a blurry green disk. As it zips towards its target only a foot or two above the water, Machman extends his arms forward. He positions his open hands right over the left, with about 6" of separation and palms facing each other. He waits for the boomerang to pass through the shrimpy's position and continue underneath Twisted Albatross. As the boomerang approaches Twisted Albatross's location, Machman rotates his arms clockwise until the gap between his palms faces vertically, as if an imaginary boomerang rested between them. In unison with his movement, tiny control surfaces adjust on the boomerang and cause it to roll 45 degrees to the right.

Once the boomerang passed underneath Twisted Albatross, Machman moved his right arm up and left arm down in one rapid movement, and the boomerang bolts vertically towards Twisted Albatross. The boomerang zips along on its vertical path before losing its momentum and falls back to the water below, disintegrating as it went. Mazer activates his last recovery program as Machman begins to rise above the water! It is soon revealed he is being pushed up by a summoned rockcube. It stops rising around 4' above the waves. Machman then jumps down from the RockCube and pulls up a guard shield.

ACTIONS:
Boomerang1: ShrimpyB, Twisted Albatross (60dmg Wood [+ Gust])
Recovery10: Machman.EXE (Recover 10HP)
RockCube: (Summon 200HP RockCube + Breaking + Impact)
Guard1: Machman.EXE (Reflect up to 60dmg)
Machman finishes off the next Shrimpy as Twisted Albatross uses another Dash Attack to make a beeline for the other speedster, the boomerang completely missing. Machman heals, but TA reaches him before he can summon the Rockcube, knocking the navi far backward. Grunting, Machman calls up his Rockcube, which takes a direct hit from the birdnavi's buster. Undettered, Machman jumps down and throws up a Guard as the self-proclaimed rival fires again, knocking his own water back at him.

"Oh this is classic! I'm having the greatest fun of all, Machman!" Twisted Albatross cackled, licking his lips, beak, whatever.

Twisted Albatross.exe: 120 HP
ShrimpyB: BOOMERANGE'D

Machman.exe: 1 HP [Blizzard] [Waterline]
Rockcube: 180 HP
Machman is thrown into the water as the rock cube rises up, water streaming down the crevices and cracks in its sides. Machman was able to successfully block a second attack with his guard shield, but didn't do much damage at all. Machman clambers on top of the RockCube, and sinks to one knee.
[Machman! This guy is tough, but we can beat him! I know you can do it!]
Yeah... but this guy won't seem to stay down. Of the few times I actually hit him, he shrugs it off like it was nothing. I can't guarantee I can pull it off. Damnit!

In Mazer's PET. Among the different items lying within; a blue chair, a large closet door used to store equipment and other goodies, and a terminal to gather and upload data, there is a data recovery station. The D.R.S. looks like a large transparent tube, with two navy blue rings showing its upper and lower boundaries. In total the D.R.S. stands almost 8' tall and has about a 4' diameter. Floating inside the tube, is Aera. Her eyes are closed and her expression relaxed, like she is asleep. She remains suspended in the middle of the tube, her body only slightly bent into a fetal position. Her arms are crossed over her chest, her hands clasped together.

Her fingers and face twitch slightly, as if she was being roused from a pleasant nap. She opens her sapphire eyes, and looks straight ahead, looking almost entranced. Back in the network, Machman stops and his eyes dart off to one side, trying to listen to something coming into his ear pylons.
Mazer. I think I'm getting some interference here. What's going on?
[I don't know, Mach. I don't read anything here.]
This isn't good, that Navi might be jamming-
Aera's calm voice comes in over Mach's "headset."
Machman. I'm here.
Aera? But how- are you alright?
I'm fine, don'tworry about me. I know you are in pain, Machman. Please, don't give up!
Aera's voice becomes more cheerful and energetic. Back in the D.R.S., Aera smiles as her eyes close.
I'm rooting for you! You're unbeatable, Machman!

Machman's eyes look up, and out over the oceanic terrain around him. He begins to stand, wobbly, but manages to get upright.
Thank god she's alright. I can't let her down now, I just can't!
Machman's head snaps forward, his brow furrowed with determination and building power. Machman then yells out:
I WILL NEVER FALTER!!!

((Cue epic music))

As a bright orange starts to fill his eyes, spiraling out of his pupil like a flame, his entire body explodes and creates a massive pillar of flame and smoke. The explosion rocks the area around him and sends out a white-capped shockwave in the water. The fire bursts upwards, but the pillar starts to rotate and twist in an increasingly fast pace, creating a literal tornado of flame and smoke. The torrent of air starts to spread, creating turbulent pockets of air and making it very difficult to navigate by air. In the eye of the storm, Mach's body begins to change. Mach's normally spiky, metal-like hair elongates and separates into flowing, realistic-looking hair. Two large bangs jut off forward, shining a brilliant white; while the rest of his hair turns a brilliant crimson red and twists into a thick braid. In the mean time, his armor starts to glow red and his ear pylons change to a pure white and grow by nearly half a foot in length. The backs of his blue forearms also lengthen, like two dull spikes jutting backwards. Several gold buttons appear his now red chest plate, and the surface turns to cloth; apparent by its flapping from the torrent surrounding him.

Machman's legs are then covered by a pair of baggy white cargo pants, each pant leg emblazoned with flames that seem to glow on the fabric. Mach's fingers also change white, creating a "finger-less" glove effect with his blue covering. The gems on the backs of his hands continue to glow brightly; so intense they almost appear white. Finally, Mach's wings pair up and fuse together. The glowing masses then elongate to nearly 5' long each, and the forming blades develop two sharp 45 degree bends. The glow subsides, revealing two massive blackened blades, edges shimmering from the light of the flames. Mach's newly formed blades, "Kaji" and "Hono," rotate around Mach's body, eventually spiraling outwards and the ends of the blades scrape up against the walls of the torrent surrounding him. From the outside, the tips of the blades create v-shaped "wakes" in the flames. The blades spin rapidly around the firey tornado; followed by the blades spinning so rapidly, it literally cuts the pillar of flames to pieces. The blades move to his back, splayed out diagonally upward and almost blindingly white due to the massive amount of heat. The blades are so bright, Machman's body appears like a fully black silhouette. Machman's eyes finally open, shining like two miniature suns on a pitch-black night. The top of the rock cube is also glowing red from the heat.

And I will not fail!

Machman plucks one of his glowing swords from the air, the one he calls "Honô," and thrusts the blade into the water below. The water boils and hisses from the heat emanating from the blade. The glow near the handle intensifies, looking like a white band at the bottom part of the blade. The glowing band then traveled down the blade in less than a few seconds. The glow hits the tip of the blade, creating a shockwave from the massive temperature change. The water billows up around the blade, and Machman lets go. The blade then slides completely into the water, the blade facing towards Twisted Albatross's direction. The wave of superheated water creates a moving pillar of water that rises nearly 20 feet in the air. The front of the wave sharply slopes up to its apex in less than a dozen feet, but its trailing edge gently slopes down at a 45-degree angle.

The handle of the blade pops back out of the water, the water on its surface already evaporated by the time Machman grasps the blade. Machman then activates his Blizzard chip. Instead of firing a blast of super cooled air, the program penetrates and saturates his blade. Honô starts to absorb the heat in the water, like an overcharged heat sink. The blade draws so much heat to itself, the surrounding water's temperature plummets dramatically. His blade starts to glow as the amount of heat gathered grows, and the wave of water starts to slow down. As the water molecules gather closer together due to the lowering temperature, the water becomes more viscous and the wave slows down dramatically. The whooshing sound of the water dies down, and is then replaced by an almost deafening barrage of clinking and scraping. The wave starts to shimmer as ice crystals rapidly form, spreading like roots up from the normal water level.

The wave is nearly instantly iced over, shining in the light. Machman rips his sword out of the frozen water, throwing small chunks of ice as he does. Then Machman... disappears? The only thing left is the rapidly diminishing glow of the rock cube from where he once stood! Machman is already dashing towards his target at incredible speed. Machman lands roughly on the spiky surface of the wave, crushing the stalagmites of ice with his footfalls.

Machman's twin blades swing out in front of his body and pair up, creating an arrowhead-looking formation from the blades. Machman lands on the backside of one of the larger stalagmites, driving his right foot into the ice with a crystalline cracking sound.
Die.
Machman launches off the ice, accelerating past the speed of sound almost instantly. The shockwaves caused by Mach breaking the sound barrier decimate the immediate area of ice; the rest of the frozen wave is scarred by hundreds of massive cracks throughout its entire structure. Machman, now airborne, bolts straight towards Twisted Albatross, passing through his position in the blink of an eye. Machman then stops for a split second in the air, his two blades popping out of their chevron configuration and land heavily in Mach's waiting hands. Mach's image then blurs and stretches as he charges in towards the flying Navi for one last time, causing a visual illusion by his incredible speed. He looks like he is going to collide with Twisted Albatross, but only the after-image remains and passes through the enemy Navi harmlessly. Machman then appears behind and slightly below his enemy, hoping to stay in the blind spot of his avian eyes. Mach's blades are already in position; Kaji resting on top of Honô, crossed over each other with both blades facing inwards like a massive pair of massive scissors. Machman's arms, also crossed, swing apart in a smooth and almost instant action. After delivering a scissor-like slash, Machman delivers a diagonal downward slash with his blade, leaving nothing but a glowing orange trail. Using the force of the downward slash, he practically warps away, trying to alter his course as many times as possible as he returns to the rock cube below.

ACTIONS:
Gust: Hinder aerial movement.
1. Activate XIIICross_V2 ( +20HP, +1 action, change to Fire/Sword, +15dmg for Fire chips, activate Heat Guard {60HP barrier})
2. Waterline1, Blizzard (Create ramp/stairway of ice to Twisted Albatross)
3. DashAttack: Twisted Albatross.EXE (90dmg + Impact)
4. Invisible Edge: Twisted Albatross.EXE (60dmg Fire + 2TCD)
5. Sword: Twisted Albatross.EXE (60dmg)
Swordplay Dodge
Fueled with the power of friendship and those who fought and were not forgotten, Machman lets out a loud bellow as an inner fire accessed from his core data bursts majestically from the depths of his being. Twisted_Albatross can only float there in shock as the speedster completes his transformation.

The new XIIICross'd Machman glared up at his opponent with a passion, causing the once-arrogant avian to recoil in fear.

"D-Don't get cocky!" the bird navi stammered, pointing its taloned finger at Machman, who immediately formed a ice staircase to his opponent's position.

"Oh fuc-" Twisted Albatross began to curse, but the flaming athlete had closed the distance between the two navis with the trusty help of the Dash Attack chip. Grunting with effort, the aquatic avian shifted out of the way with the aid of a freak gust of wind to avoid Machman's direct onslaught, but the speedster wasn't done yet.

Disappearing in a flash, Machman delivered a classic move-by-really-fast-and-cut-your-enemy attack to the bird navi, resulting in agonized shrieks from the water navi, who sent bubbles in every direction, managing to hit a bit of Machman's Heat Guard, but unable to dispel in entirely.

"N-not y-yet! HRAGH!" Twisted Albatross roared, forming his right arm into a small, bubbly knife. Machman bore down on his opponent, his blade gleaming brilliantly in the sunlight, and both warriors slashed past each other, Machman landing gracefully on the Rockcube, and Twisted Albatross kneeling in the water.

A spurt of data erupted from a major wound on Twisted Albatross, while the flaming aura that surrounded Machman simmered down, doing its duty to block his foe's attack. The wind navi returned to normal and glared down at his foe.

The bird-like navi let out a low cackle as he began to retreat.

"Well, well, you've done better than I expected," TA chuckled, glancing back at Machman. "Let's have a race next time, later." And with that, the navi burst into a stream of data and shot back to who knows where.

Machman, exhausted, went down on one knee as the Rockcube below him crumbled. Time for a break?

Twisted Albatross.exe: EJO'D
ShrimpyB: BOOMERANGE'D

Machman.exe: 1 HP
Rockcube: GONE

-VICTORY-
Get: Bubbler, 1000z
Machman's body cools down as he lands on the steadily crumbling stone block. His armor returns to its cool blue and bright orange. The stone crumbles down to the water level, Mach's body hissing as he touches the water.

[Great work, Machman! You showed that cocky overgrown pigeon what true power looks like!]
Heh, I got him good; but I barely made it.
Machman gathers some chip and zenny data from the water, and uploads it to the PET.
I think I need a break. Permission to log out?
[Permission granted. Lets head over to the Onsen!]
Machman could hear a quiet "Yay!" in the background, and started to chuckle. Mach's body flashes cyan and warps up into the ceiling of the network and out of sight.

((Logged Out))