Machman & Aera: Flying to Yoka!

((bump))
((bump))
<(RAAAWWGH. I SHALL GET THE TWO OF US THROUGH THIS MODLOCK EVEN IF IT KILLS ME. *hulks off his shirt and rampages down the street*

Anyway, you know the drill. Find a curry recipe online, gimmee the URL, RP yourself making it. Better RP equals better chances of winning, yadda yadda yadda.

Incidentially, that's been twice the bloody browser's eaten my post. MOVING ALONG NOW.)>

"AAAAAAAAAAND, ROUND ONE IS FINALLY COMPLETE. YOU SHOULD ALL KNOW WHAT COMES NEXT; WHAT ELSE BUT ROUND TWOOOOOOOOO~!" the ChefNavi in charge of the ladder shouted into a convieniently-placed mic; it was actually needed now that a small crowd had gathered around the area to see what was going on.

"The first match of Round Two will be between the challenger, Machman, and our own dear Saffron! If both competetors will now please move up to the cooking areas, please?" he continued, ushering both Machman and the Navi that was apparently Saffron to their respective magic countertops. Before they separated to their places, Saffron, who turned out to be a standard female NormalNavi with the usual fluffy chef's hat on, turned her pink helmet-head to face Machman.

"Let's have a clean cook-off, shall we?" she asked, before performing a small bow and pacing over to her countertop.
((Curry Recipe))
Machman walks up as he hears his name announced by the chefnavi. He walks up to area between the counter-tops before being told to go to his counter. He nods to Saffron and replies, I'm looking forward to it. Good luck!

[I'm thinking some hussaini curry will work well for this round.]

I agree, pulling up the ingredients now.

Machman puts a few cups of water in a large pot and places a small currogated bowl inside, suspended above the water. He puts the lid on the pot and heats it up. He pulls out a slab of boneless beef and pulls a sharp knife from the drawer. He then proceeds to slice up the beef into ~1" bits and waits for the water to boil in the pot. Once the water begins to boil, he places the meat in the pot to let it become nice and tender.

Machman pulls out two good sized onions from the drawer underneath the counter and slices them into long slices and lines them up near the bubbling pot. He puts some of the onion slices aside and slices them into smaller pieces. He grabs a small mortar bowl and a pestle and places the finely sliced onions, 2 tablespoons of dry coconut, 1 tablespoon of poppy seeds, a teaspoon of coriander seed and cumin seed, and some Black Cardamom. He grinds them up and readies a frying pan lightly covered in oil. he adds 2 tablespoons of Garlic paste and the spices into the pan and lets them fry.

In the meantime, he pulls the meat from the pot and slices up some Capsicum into large slices and places the meat, onion, and capsicum slices on wooden skewers with an alternating pattern of onion and capsicum. Machman stirs the frying mixture and fills a bowl with 1 cup of water before adding 100 grams of yogurt curd and a half teaspoon of Turmeric powder. He stirs it rapidly to get a nice texture before placing the mixture into the frying pan.

[Hey Mach, I already commanded the counter program to prepare some rice, it should be done in around 3 minutes]

Understood. Thanks.

Machman pulls out a 2nd pan and places it on one of the burners and puts it on med-low heat. He arranges the skewers on the pan so they sit side-by-side and none of the ingredients touch the pan. He covers it with a lid and activates a 12 minute timer. He continues to stir the mixture in the frying pan and only stops to grab the rice from a pot slowly rising through the counter.

Cool.

He takes several spoon fulls out of the pot and serves them on three plates. He moves the rice on the plate to make a large depression in the middle of the rice. He takes the frying pan and pours three equal portions of curry into the depressions in the rice, sealing it into a nice edible "lagoon." The skewers are finally cooked and he takes off the pan lid. He lets the hot steam escape and turns down the heat as he passes by to grab a handful of coriander leaves, mint leaves, and sliced red kashmiri chilli. He returns to his skewers and places the ingredients in the pan. He moves the skewers and allows the meat and veggies to roll in the leaves and chilli until they are well covered. He takes the 9 skewers from the pan and places three on each plate next to the rice. He then grabs one of the plates and takes it to the judges table.

My submission: Hassaini Curry. I hope you enjoy it.
((Bibbidy BUMPidy Boo))
((Mudada... Bumpudadadadadada! WRYYYYYY!!!!))
Machman finishes first, putting his dish on the table before Chefman. The meaty Navi gave an approving nod as he observed the dish, then said to Machman, "We must, of course, wait for dear Saffron to finish, but this does look truly appetizing." And with that, he turned to watch Saffron with a fatherly gaze as she worked away behind her countertop.

At last, Saffron completed her dish, and presented the plate with a small bow. "Curried Goat, sir. Originally only served in weddings and grand celebrations, but now served more frequently due to the low-fat nature of goat's meat. I added a few special touches of my own, but you knew all that already, didn't you?" she announced, slightly timid. Chefman nodded wisely, and thus the judging began.

Chefman began with Machman's dish this time, taking a chunk off one skewer and holding it in his mouth. A deep rumbling "Mmmmmmmmmm..." issued from Chefman as he rolled it around, eventually swallowing and moving onto the curry itself. He balanced some rice onto his fork, then dipped it into the curry and popped it into his cavernous maw, letting his taste receptors do their work.

Eventually, he swallowed his second bite, and nodded approvingly at Machman. "You are truly a culinary genius, Machman. I can taste the familiarity in your curry; the texture could only have been crafted by one that strives to make his dish better with each successive time he makes it. The ingredients you use are unlike that which I am used to. Not only are they unique and not commonly used in most of today's curry recipes, but they contain a different sort of flavor - a fresher, more passive sort of taste. Perhaps the taste comes from your personal equipment? Maybe your exclusive nature as a Navi chef that is not an official ChefNavi? I honestly cannot tell," he composed.

A few more remarks about the curry - some telling of praise, some telling of improvement, and Chefman was finished the curry. He handed the bowl back with a bow, then started in on Saffron's Curried Goat. He popped a piece of the tender meat into his mouth and immediately started to chuckle. "I taught you this one, didn't I, Saffron?" he asked after swallowing the piece.

The female ChefNavi timidly nodded. "Yes, sir. You gave me the base of the recipe; I merely added my own style to it," she answered.

"But if you added your style to the dish, then technically it is a different recipe entirely. The subtlest differences in quantity and ingredients can bring out tastes in completely unique ways depending on what you mean to do with them," Chefman replied, taking another bite afterward.

<(BOOM, GOAT CURRY REVIEWED BY CHEFMAN BECAUSE I'M TOO TIRED TO RP HIM FINDING ALL THE PROPS AND SLOPS TO IT.)>

Finally, after reviewing Saffron's curry, Chefman raised his gloved hand and rubbed the back of his head with it. "I am at a loss. Machman's curry is wonderful; a culinary masterpiece unlike any produced on this Network before. But Saffron's curry is just as good; not because it is my recipe, but because she has bestowed such effort making the curry her own," he moaned.

"The result should be clear, then," the ChefNavi in charge said. "We have Saffron and Machman duke it out in a NetBattle to see who passes." Much muttering broke out at this. "Only... can Saffron even fight?"

Everyone's eyes turned to Saffron, who looked from side to side, then fixed her glowing yellow eyes on Machman. "I don't really like fighting much, but if you want to, we can have a friendly match just for fun. I've gone as far through the tournament as I'm comfortable with anyway," she said, swaying from side to side slightly.
Machman listens to ChefMan's determination, and looks to Saffron as ChefMan announces the round will be decided by a netbattle. Saffron feels willing to fight, but doesn't care if she advances or not.

I'm alright with having a little netbattle to change the pace. To be honest, I feel a little cooped up behind the counter.

Aera watches from the crowd and meets Machman's eyes. He tilts his head, signaling her to join in. She smiles and jogs up to Machman before facing towards Saffron.

((Prepared for Battle!))
((bump))
((Forever bump))
"Very well. A clean fight to signal the end of a clean cook-off," Saffron narrated. She turned to the ChefNavi in charge and commanded, "Lower the counters." The ChefNavi in question obeyed, producing what looked like a TV remote out of nowhere and tapping a few buttons, making both Chefman's unit and the standard here disappear into the ground.

"There is nothing more to say, I believe. Let's go!" Saffron exclaimed, and to put an exclamation on her sentence the crack of a starting pistol was sounded off. She assumed a jack-of-all combat stance, and the battle was on.

Saffron: 300

Machman: 100
Aera: 60

Terrain: 100% Metal

-DUEL OF THE CULINARY GENIUSES-
-LET'S GO-
((Been a while since I've been in a battle, so I'm probably a little rusty...))

I couldn't agree more. Here I come!

Machman's wing thrusters kick on and propel him forward like a bullet as he streaks towards Saffron. As he is about to pass by his target, his right fist starts to glow; powered by some intense energy. His fist bursts into flame and throws a fiery jab towards Saffron. He whizzes past her and begins a sharp banking turn.

Aera watches in amazement as Machman boosted off and threw a flaming punch at Saffron in almost a blink of an eye. As she saw Machman begin to turn around, she raises her open palm towards Saffron. The red jewel on the back of her hand flashes as a pulse of energy courses through her hand and exits as a bolt of plasma and electricity. Machman completes his turn and stops to hover in the air. Both of his arms whip forward and his hands transform into two red, vent-covered busters. The vents glow orange as the fire-imbued rounds in each buster charges up and Machman takes aim towards Saffron. He activates both triggers, launching the super-heated projectiles in a straight path towards his target. The heatshots explode on impact and cover the immediate area in a wave of fire and heat.

Machman's hands return to normal and fall back to his sides as all 4 of his wings point their thrusters downwards and facing forwards about 45 degrees. The thrusters kick in on full blast and immediately die, blasting Machman higher into the air. Machman soars over Saffron's position in a wide arc, cresting about 30-40 feet above the ground. As he begins to fall back to the net floor, Machman begins to tumble forward and rotate. He executes 3 1/2 flips and almost 6 rotations as before he strikes the ground in a three-point stance directly in front of Aera. He stands up and faces his left shoulder towards Saffron. His arm and hand fragments and swells up, only to reform into a bulky, armored GutFist.
Your turn.

Aera's eyes sparkle as Machman performed the acrobatic landing and the strong pose.
So cool...

ACTIONS:
Machman
Firehit1: Saffron (120dmg Fire [melee])
Heatshot: Saffron (80dmg Fire + Splash)
Heatshot: Saffron (80dmg Fire + Splash)
Counter1 + Untapped Power {+10dmg}: Saffron (Block attack and counter with Gutpunch for 80dmg + Breaking + Impact)

Aera
Attack: Saffron (10dmg)
((Birthday Bump))
((ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWA BUMP))
((Urge to BUMP... rising...))
<(Punch me in the face, please. I know I was on a hiatus, but this is just ridiculous.)>

Machman's free-flying flaming fist of fury collides with Saffron right off the bat, sending her for a loop as the metal terrain effectively cooks her. She rolls for a little while, then comes to a stop breathing heavily. "I forgot what it's like being well-done," she puns, getting up and clutching her side, groaning softly.

She then runs at Machman, letting Aera's weak blow knock her around a bit before she flips into action. She seems to be running right into the two Heatshots, when she suddenly... melts into the ground? "I wonder if this will work, I've never really used my combat programs before," Saffron's voice echoes, seeming to come from all angles.

Suddenly, the female Navi comes up from behind Machman, a glowing blue Sword grafted to her arm. She tries a stab from behind, but misses the giant fist, which promptly blocks the hit and punches her into the ground once again. She vanishes upon hitting the ground.

"I guess I'm not very good at this, huh?"

Saffron: 90 (Burrow)

Machman: 100
Aera: 60

Terrain: 100% Metal
As Saffron melts back into the ground, Machman could only stare in amazement.
She can phase through the floor? Mazer! Requesting orders!
[Stay calm, she isn't invincible like that... I think.]
I think? Not helping.
[I read about something like this on a battle BBS. Ground attacks and bombs should still be able to inflict damage, as long as we know where she is. Take these chips on standby, and wait for her to strike!]
Roger that. Aera, stay close!

Aera steps closer to Machman, backs touching, as Mazer uploads Shockwave, PhoenixShot, and LilBomb chips to Machman to be placed on standby. Machman and Aera wait for Saffron to strike, but ready to jump out of the way if the need arises.

ACTIONS:

Machman
Prepare Shockwave: 40dmg + Piercing + Ground Attack + Group Attack [+ Untapped Power]
Prepare PhoenixShot1: 70dmg Fire + Wide Attack
Prepare LilBomb: 50dmg + Splash
Dodge

Aera
Dodge
((Bump. Disable Soft-lock?))
((cmon... bump!))
((Rage bump))