Machman & Aera: Flying to Yoka!

The tip of Saffron's blade come out of the ground, where Machman suddenly bears down on with a Shock Wave, knocking Saffron out of the metal. The speed navi wastes no time and blasts the navi with a PhoenixShot, but she's not down! Her undershirt had protected her from the near-defeat the flames had given here. In desperation, Machman throws a LilBomb at her, which she blocks using a Guard, reflecting the attack back, but the quickster strafes out of the way.

Saffron: 1 [Sword]

Machman: 100
Aera: 60

Terrain: 100% Metal
Machman dodges the energy blast, and slides to a stop in front of Saffron. He stands relaxed, like the fight has finished. Machman hopes this is the case. He calls out to Saffron.

That was a great fight, Saffron. Since this is just a friendly Netbattle, I don't think it should escalate to an EJO. Are you sure you want to continue?

Aera stands behind Machman and looks to him. She turns back to Saffron and smiles.

That was really cool! I've never seen anyone phase into the floor before!

[[i]Well, its only your FIRST Netbattle. You haven't seen anything yet.[/i]] Mazer thought.

ACTIONS:

Machman
Attempt to Convince Saffron to end the battle
Await Reply
Await Reply
Buster: Saffron (8dmg) [Only if Saffron attacks]

Aera
None
Saffron sighs, disengaging her sword and walks up to Machman, shaking his hand firmly. "Yeah, I guess I'm more cut out for cooking food than cooking navis. Good match though," the chef commented, walking out to the sidelines.

The others were a bit shocked at the results of the match, but shrugged as they finished up their own dishes. The ChefNavi in charge announced the winner to be Machman, but the real prize would be at the end anyway.

(THERE WAS JUDGING OF CURRIES AND STUFF HERE)

Now only four navis were left, the seminfinal matches created a stir within the air as spectators watched on eagerly at the competition. Machman, ChefMan, and two other ChefNavis stood facing each other.

"Vell, zis is good, vewy good. Oui guarantee ze semifinals vill ve vewy interesting, no?" ChefMan commented, chuckling while twirling his mustache. Twirling his microphone the ChefNavi MC shouted out to the group, "MOUNSIERS AND MADEMOISELLES, ROUND TWOOOO IS DONE. Ve shall now commence ze semifinals!" Loud cheers from the onlookers eating on the plane because the matches had made them really fucking hungry erupted throughout the net. There was fervor in the air as the matches were decided. Machman stood against a very buff, dark-skinned, and tall ChefNavi, who cracked his knuckles and neck intimidatingly while his chef hat tilted to the side, he wore his apron quite statically. Wonder how he makes curry? <<;

Anyway ChefMan was about to announce the topic of the semifinal match, "Now, let us turn to another one of Yoka's specialties, no? Famous for it's steaming onsen, ze topic of zis match shall be..." There was a mandatory drumroll here, "Onsen Manju! Or any manju bun really! Electopia knows it stuff! First ve shall have Machman and Pan face off! Ze necessary equipment is already provided for you, come to me for extra ingredients! Ready? Start!"

Pan stomped up to ChefMan and rattled off a list of ingredients and equipment, which the host then provided for him. Turning to Machman, the French Cook twirled his mustache and beckoned to the speedster.

"Be quick Machman, Pan is already going at his dough," ChefMan commented.

((Find a recipe of Manju that would appeal to onsen goers, most likely after they've refreshed they're bodies. God, I'm going to not be able to mod this right.))
((Okay, couldn't find the recipe for the particular Green Tea-flavored manju, but here is a basic one: manju recipe))

[Manju, huh? Let's make a Manju that truly shines in the Onsen atmosphere. While the Onsen cleanses the body from the outside,...]

Something like Green Tea cleanses the body from the inside.

[Absolutely. I'll ring up the ingredients.]

Chefman already prepared the two counters, and a cloth-covered steamer rose from both counters.

[Ingredients uploaded. Lets get to work!]

Machman watches patiently as flour, baking powder, sugar, a jug of water, some sweet azuki bean paste, and powdered green tea flavoring materialized in front of him. He grabbed a bowl and mixed 2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour, 4 teaspoons of baking powder, and 1 teaspoon of the powdered green tea with a little more than two thirds cup of water. He washes his hands and kneads the dough with his hands. Once the dough became soft and thoroughly mixed, he takes a small bit from the bowl with a spoon, and has a taste. The green tea flavor seems a bit weak, so he adds a quarter of a teaspoon of green tea powder into the mix and kneads it until it gets its former softness. He then kicks on the heat to the oven to high heat and prepare the steamer.

He scoops the dough out of the bowl and on to a board. He separates the dough into 12 equal pieces and shifts his focus to the bean paste. He rolls the paste into 12 small balls and then covers each ball with a part of dough. He carefully wraps the paste in the dough and places each ball on a cooking sheet on a large pan to be placed in the steamer. He places the buns in the steamer, and waits for them to cook for about 15 minutes. After they are fully cooked, he places the buns on 4 plates and brings one to the judging table.

Here is my dish, Green Tea Manju. I hope you like it.
As Machman set to his task, he could observe Pan's hands.... on FIRE? Apparently he was using some sort of higher heat effect to knead the dough easier to make it rise faster.

Later on in the process, it seemed Pan was making matcha manju as well, but it looked like his water was naturally steaming. Could it be.... onsen water?

Machman, finished a bit before Pan, walked up to ChefMan, offering one of his Manju, Aera also took one as well. The two took a nice bite into the center of the confection and rolled it around in their mouths while chewing at it a bit.

"Mm. Zis is quite the popular flavor in Yoka. Green Tea Manju. A refreshing delicacy indeed. Zit is quite good, Machman. What do you think, Ms. Aera?" ChefMan commented.

<insert Aera's comments here>

Pan walks up to the judging counter and placed his manju in front of the two as well. Aera and ChefMan take the fire navi's creation, and start eating.

"Ah! Vat is this? This overwhelming warmness? It feels... truly like I am washing my insides with ze onsen itself! This is... Dogo Manju?" ChefMan wondered, taking another bite.

"That is correct, I thought that green tea would make a nice cleanser too, but if I steamed it with onsen water and bamboo leaves, it would produce a stronger effect?" Pan replied, bowing. He turned to Machman, "We both had the same idea, but how to do it is more of the fun, eh? What do you think, miss?"

((Provide Aera's comments. I will judge based on that and going to my store and buying some mochi. XD))
((The judgment is really up to Chefman, since Aera could easily be favoring Machman to win.))

Aera looks down at some of her unfinished Manju, and paused as if she was deep in thought. Her eyes then looked out to Pan and Machman, and smiled innocently.
Hm... I really liked both! The Green Tea Manju tasted healthy and purifying , while the Dogo Manju tasted warm and relaxing. They both seem to go with the Yoka Onsen theme. That's just my two cents; it's your call, Chefman!

Aera looks up at Chefman, leaving the ultimate decision to the large culinary expert navi.
ChefMan twirled his mustache and then sighed, narrowing his eyes at Machman, then the navi hefted himsel up to full height and cleared his voice.

"Machman's Green Tea Manju had a very strong flavor and a unique idea, but Pan had expanded it further with more refreshing ingredients. I must say, that while this prevents me from having a match from Machman in the finals, Pan's manju is superior. Congratulations to the both of you for getting this far. Prizes will be handed out at the end of the competition. Very well... I'm off to my match. Hmph." ChefMan announced, twirling his mustache as he went.

So, let's enjoy the rest of the competition, shall we? Who knows, you might be able to taste some more exciting things.

WINNER: Pan.exe

THANKS FOR PLAYING. PRIZES WILL BE DISTRIBUTED AFTER THE TOURNAMENT.
As Chefman gives his decision, a few moans and groans could be heard from some Machman fans in the group that gathered. Machman goes up to Pan.EXE and shakes his hand.

Congratulations. Good luck in the finals!
Machman then shifts his focus to Chefman and attempts to shake his hand.
Thank you for judging this event! I was kind of surprised to get this far. The finals will definitely be interesting to see.

Aera, one of the few people who moaned and groaned at the decision, walks up to Machman.
Aww... I was hoping for you to win! But now we can watch the rest of the competition together!
She latches on to Machman's right arm, making him blush. She really had a way with cheering people up! If Machman had any sad feelings due to losing, those feelings were being literally squeezed out of him by Aera. Mazer's face appears on a window that pops up next to the pair.

[Good effort, Machman. We've never been to an Onsen before, so that may have been our downfall. Oh well! At least we had fun, right?]
Machman looks up to Mazer and then back down to Aera, staring back at him with an inquisitive look.
Yeah. It was fun! Thanks for the guidance, Mazer. And thanks for being my fan section, Aera!
Aera smiles and giggles as Mazer gives a quiet chuckle.

[Well, lets watch the finals!]
Machman and Aera turn back to the crowd and find a spot to watch the final matches.
SUDDNENLY, VIRUSES ATTACK AND RAID THE SHOW.

Kidding, but Machman and Aera were offered seats at the judging table as the final match of Pan vs. ChefMan with the topic of Filet Mignon went on. The crowd cheered at the two's Iron Chef skills, rooting for their respective combatants.

After all was said and done, the two chefnavis shook hands as ChefMan was announced the winner after the judges had their fill of the steak, which was cooked at medium-rare for both dishes so personal preferences wouldn't really matter.

Prizes were distributed to the participants based on how far they got.

-THANKS FOR PLAYING-
Get: Spice2

An announcement over the plane's intercom indicated that the vehicle had arrived in Yoka. Passenger's around Mazer yawned and stretched a they jacked their navis out of the system.

To Machman, Chefman commented, "I vould like to cook vith you some other time, since I couldn't at this tournament. Ve shall meet again, no?" The chefnavi twirled his mustache, taking Machman's hand and shaking it. And with that, the tournament was over, the plane ride ending, and a new frontier for Mazer, Machman, and Aera to explore as they traveled to the hot spring capital of Electopia.

Yoka.
I certainly hope so, Chefman. See you around.
Bye, Chefman!

Machman and Aera start to glow bright blue before beaming out of the plane's internal network.

((Logged Out))